PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 [Ship 02] Looking for RP buddies!

Felmyst
Apr 26, 2016, 03:40 AM
Hello folks! First time I post here and happy of doing so!

I am Felmyst and have a month into PSO2 already! I was wondering if there would be players on the Ur ship that would be into Roleplay? Because I had the chance to roleplay in every MMO I played before landing here and it is a guilty pleasure of mine that I think makes the game more enjoyable!

I hope to find some interest from some players, PSO is a wonderful universe that asks to be deeply savored!

My id is Felmyst so feel free to stop by a visophone and find me if you desire contact me in game! Or you always can reply me here!

Thank you!

On side note: I am also seeking a nice and active team!

SilkaN
Apr 26, 2016, 03:56 AM

I am Felmyst and have a month into PSO2 already! I was wondering if there would be players on the Ur ship that would be into Roleplay? Because I had the chance to roleplay in every MMO I played before landing here and it is a guilty pleasure of mine that I think makes the game more enjoyable!

I hope to find some interest from some players, PSO is a wonderful universe that asks to be deeply savored!

My id is Felmyst so feel free to stop by a visophone and find me if you desire contact me in game! Or you always can reply me here!

Thank you!

I'm up for RP.
ID's Silkan2 and my time zone is GMT+2.

On a side note:
People told me it'd be the best if you avoided the big RP groups on this ship, apparently they are prone to hysterical drama all the time.

Felmyst
Apr 26, 2016, 04:22 AM
On a side note:
People told me it'd be the best if you avoided the big RP groups on this ship, apparently they are prone to hysterical drama all the time.

If you are reffering to the tales of block 001... This is silly because RP can be done on any block and player home, shop aera, Franka's café.

Honestly I am not bothered by block 001. It's not roleplay that goes on there, it's just bored people who have fun their own ways. Even if it can seems crude or odd, it's not necessarily evil.

Anyway back to main topic. I shall add you to my contact upon my next connection to the ARKS!

SilkaN
Apr 26, 2016, 04:37 AM
If you are reffering to the tales of block 001... This is silly because RP can be done on any block and player home, shop aera, Franka's café.

Honestly I am not bothered by block 001. It's not roleplay that goes on there, it's just bored people who have fun their own ways. Even if it can seems crude or odd, it's not necessarily evil.

Anyway back to main topic. I shall add you to my contact upon my next connection to the ARKS!

I never mentioned Block 01 and that's hardly a place for RP. It's just massive spam.

I was talking about the big RP groups that actually try to organize stuff.

Felmyst
Apr 26, 2016, 04:43 AM
I never mentioned Block 01 and that's hardly a place for RP. It's just massive spam.

Aw well I assumed block 001 due to how they seems snipped in general. But big RP groups? Why did I not run into that yet!?

This sounds super fun!! But I shall return to forums later! Real life is happening and calls for me!

Keilyn
Apr 26, 2016, 04:49 AM

Thank you!

SEGA's videos do not advertise this as an MMO. Online RPG is what they brand this as. Even Japanese people know the difference between an Online Game and a fully functional MMORPG.

When PSO-2 allows me to take a hundred players to fight against Darker Invasions in a fully persistent world where in defense one fights against a few thousand incoming Darkers simultaneously, while I am able to coordinate between several armies ran by players through a teamspeak to prevent Darkers from subduing our outposts and supply lines, then I will call this an MMORPG. :)

I like RP stuff and PSO2 is good for RPs. I've seen everything from simple RP to ful ERPs and ZRPs.

ZerotakerZX
Apr 26, 2016, 05:15 AM
How does RP being procceseded from a participant point of view?

SilkaN
Apr 26, 2016, 05:20 AM
Aw well I assumed block 001 due to how they seems snipped in general. But big RP groups? Why did I not run into that yet!?

You don't want to run into them.

Squall179
Apr 26, 2016, 05:22 AM

yeah, things have gotten UGLY in the past, as one of the survivors of a massive collapse that occurred last year? I can tell you you are MUCH better off sticking to small groups of friends when doing RP and not getting involved in the big groups that attempt to form. Too many of the problem people hear the word RP and jump at these to try to get it going again, but their massive ego issues just clash and it becomes a mess a month or two into things. Just not worth taking the risk. I could EASILY name names but I'm not going to because that is dishonorable. Just take our word for it and avoid the huge groups. This community is just small enough that all the bad ones, you can't avoid them if you go into the big ones, because there's only room for one big one and they Always congregate in it.

Meet up with a few people, get to know how they are, and then decide if they are the kind of people you'd want to play with.

God, I sound jaded, sorry. Just the results of experiencing it first hand I guess. There are plenty of great people who RP, if you keep an eye out you might meet some. Just be wary of huge gatherings.

Felmyst
Apr 26, 2016, 05:32 AM
How does RP being procceseded from a participant point of view?

You abbandon yourself to your character and live the game through their. So what is your character? A citizen of the ARKs? A scientist? A hunter?

Maybe they'd like to share stories? What kind of funny moment or sad moment you lived in the game?

"Aah, I rememner this time I went to Naberius world. I remember after a long traveling that I ran into a giant Rappy! Thid creature was so...adorable." *Smirks and taps chin, looking mischevious.* "I swayed my wand over it believing it was a going to turn it into a roasted meal with my technic!*

Sugoii... Felt like doing and example.

Vintasticvin
Apr 26, 2016, 08:09 AM
WELCOME to PSO2 the universe of LIMITLESS ADVENURES!

MightyHarken
Apr 26, 2016, 03:30 PM
I'm interested in RP but not into *he plays the guitar and smiles* kind of RP. I'm just into my character and say things on his point of view character name: Harken player ID: seigfreed

Squall179
Apr 26, 2016, 04:04 PM
I can vouch for Harken there, he's awesome!

Traumin
Apr 26, 2016, 04:52 PM
I'm a bit curious for this now. Contact me if you'd like.
Player ID: warsarah

MightyHarken
Apr 26, 2016, 05:01 PM
I can vouch for Harken there, he's awesome!

lol thanks

illegaleagle90
Apr 27, 2016, 07:22 PM
Many seek RP here on these boards. Always curious to see how far they'd go.

MightyHarken
Apr 28, 2016, 09:28 AM
Many seek RP here on these boards. Always curious to see how far they'd go.

So far no one has added me, so there you go lol

SteveCZ
Apr 28, 2016, 10:13 AM
Wow, so the drama has started already?

Sonaos
Apr 28, 2016, 01:20 PM
I've been curious about PSO2 RP for a while now, though with my knowledge of the game's lore at the moment, my tendency to design my characters in this more AU-type setting that may not be for everyone, plus my reluctance to put my characters out there in a proper RP setting has made the decision for me. That could be just nerves tho, as I otherwise love to post about their misadventures elsewhere.

... Not to mention I haven't properly RPed with strangers in years and I can never find a group.

I'd certainly be interested in observing such a group, but participation is daunting.

thehondachef
Apr 28, 2016, 01:30 PM
RP with a larger group requires some structure, and so it tends to lend itself to adhering to the game's lore. Otherwise it makes it difficult for others to join in and know what's going on.
Either way, just meet up with people who are willing in-game and see where it goes.

Altiea
Apr 28, 2016, 02:24 PM
I'm minutely interested since I effectively spend half my life in a RP state so I can write, but I play so rarely that it's probably not worth it.

illegaleagle90
Apr 28, 2016, 02:57 PM
Well. If people are willing to seek me out in-game, I'm IEagle. I'll be happy to see what's what!

Sonaos
Apr 28, 2016, 04:36 PM
RP with a larger group requires some structure, and so it tends to lend itself to adhering to the game's lore. Otherwise it makes it difficult for others to join in and know what's going on.
Either way, just meet up with people who are willing in-game and see where it goes.

Yeah, that does certainly make sense to me. Can't go completely off the handle for the sake of ease of access (not that I go that far off, at least not from my perspective). I might look further into it after I decide to progress with the game's story, just so I have a better understanding of story details.

Until then, I'll hope to see a group in action and awkwardly spy on their happenings. :P

SilkaN
Apr 28, 2016, 05:07 PM
Until then, I'll hope to see a group in action and awkwardly spy on their happenings. :P

I assume the only thing you'd get to see is some good old PSO drama. :3

Sonaos
Apr 28, 2016, 05:40 PM

At least I'll know what to expect from some groups and see if it's worth it, hah. Hopefully the rest of you with interest have less of a problem with this than the horror stories that have been mentioned.

illegaleagle90
Apr 28, 2016, 07:14 PM
Oh... yeah. Ain't gonna deny the horror stories. Some of them.. I'll be honest, may have been true stories!

But moving right along past that... none of what went down long time ago should discourage you from pickin' the right peeps to RP with. With any RP community. You gotta be selective and discerning. We get a bad rap for a reason, yo'.

Shirai
Apr 28, 2016, 07:29 PM
I have never done a PSO2 rp, but I wouldn't mind giving it a try!

Felmyst
Apr 28, 2016, 07:56 PM
So far no one has added me, so there you go lol

Yeah here is the thing. I posted ID here first in OP, so the fact you not wailing to hit visophone to add people. Shows how barely interested you are.

Altiea
Apr 28, 2016, 08:18 PM
Yeah here is the thing. I posted ID here first in OP, so the fact you not wailing to hit visophone to add people. Shows how barely interested you are.

You don't have to be such a poor sport about it. Just kindly remind him that he should contact you via Visiphone if he wants to go through with it. Insulting him isn't necessary.

Felmyst
Apr 28, 2016, 08:33 PM
You don't have to be such a poor sport about it. Just kindly remind him that he should contact you via Visiphone if he wants to go through with it. Insulting him isn't necessary.

Insulting? This was no insulting. And truly people who did have been interested did manifested so.

If anything it's all legit.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 28, 2016, 08:38 PM
You could direct him to a group instead of just shit posting.

Altiea
Apr 28, 2016, 09:46 PM
Insulting? This was no insulting. And truly people who did have been interested did manifested so.

If anything it's all legit.

My apologies, it just sounded condescending to me. It's hard to convey tone through text.

Aldotsk
Apr 28, 2016, 11:42 PM
I'll admit that I've been extremely absent from the PSO2 and other MMORPGs because I just wanted to spend my time for something else.

I intend to come back, but I am also working on something else on my other hand like private server project. But I am willing to at least have you join us and talk to the players who'd be willing to RP with you.

The Discord has been quite silent, but it doesn't mean people don't check the chat often. You could probably bang their doors and keep things going.

https://discord.gg/0mITivkgBpqHTmKC

Here you go.

SilkaN
Apr 29, 2016, 12:33 AM
You could direct him to a group instead of just shit posting.

Triggered?

I won't direct him to any groups.
He should try to find a small bunch of people who'd be willing to d some casual RP and that's it. Maybe add some people from this hread and go for it.
Organized groups tend to have self-centered super special snowflakes so it'd be best to avoid them in my opinion.

Aldotsk
Apr 29, 2016, 12:38 AM
There hasn't really been any super special snowflakes or self-centered players.

thehondachef
Apr 29, 2016, 02:33 PM
It'd be more accurate to say that the self-centered, super-special snowflakes are the ones that cause drama, regardless of where they end up. They can certainly ruin a group if they're tolerated, but don't generalize RP groups by saying that they're all that way. . .

Massaki
Apr 29, 2016, 02:38 PM
It's an unfortunate stigma that spreads quite quickly, specially in smaller, concentrated communities. Unfortunately, this happens to be the case. All semblance of group efforts have scattered across even smaller pockets, much due to the same folk causing the same issues.

But that's only my 2 cents. o3o

MightyHarken
Apr 29, 2016, 04:39 PM

Not that interested but if you ever find me in the field, I'll be glad to play along. Cheers!