PDA

View Full Version : PS4 Looking US Players!

StormStrickland
Apr 27, 2016, 11:46 PM
PSN OkiStorm05 Sega ID StormStrickland 12276028

I'm on Ship 2. So far I have been doing Client Tasks or something, but stuck and trying to do Story Missions. Is there a link to show me where to access these, yes I have search but all I see is access your Matter Board or something. With no directions how to do so. I have seen a flow chart like screen but I'm stuck at a glowing green icon of a girl??

Thanks for any help and add me on PSN anytime, if I'm on The Division tell me to get on PSO2 a real game lol

Totori
Apr 28, 2016, 01:04 AM
http://www.bumped.org/psublog/

That's a lovely guide on how to do everything required in the game, and it's always updated.

I play off and on, but I'm also on Ship 2 feel free to add me on PSN if you please.

IchijinKali
Apr 28, 2016, 01:54 AM
Well unless you skipped to Episode 4, I wouldn't recommend for various reasons, I'll see how much I can help you.

First and foremost when doing story related things the Matter Board, MB for short, is king. When looking at the MB all of the gold orbs have to be completed for a new story mission path to appear, usually.

Sometimes a new story mission involves going back to a mission you have already done and doing something different than last time. For example the first story mission you did with Afin that is done a grand total of 3 times taking different paths at a certain point.

To progress in the MB you have to complete Orbs that are active, they are larger than inactive ones. This is done by either killing a certain enemy, visiting someone in the lobby, or going to a certain map and activating a USB stick thing in the field.

If it is visiting someone in the field via USB stick always choose an Arks Mission as they only show up in single-party areas of a map.

I think that about covers all the basics needed to get these done. But just so you know don't be discouraged by how repetitive it gets because about a year or so ago they were much much worse. ^^;

Altiea
Apr 28, 2016, 02:53 AM
PSN OkiStorm05 Sega ID StormStrickland 12276028

I'm on Ship 2. So far I have been doing Client Tasks or something, but stuck and trying to do Story Missions. Is there a link to show me where to access these, yes I have search but all I see is access your Matter Board or something. With no directions how to do so. I have seen a flow chart like screen but I'm stuck at a glowing green icon of a girl??

Thanks for any help and add me on PSN anytime, if I'm on The Division tell me to get on PSO2 a real game lol

The little Sierra icons require you to fulfill a certain objective elsewhere before you can continue. It depends on the text.

StormStrickland
Apr 28, 2016, 02:55 AM
Well unless you skipped to Episode 4, I wouldn't recommend for various reasons, I'll see how much I can help you.

First and foremost when doing story related things the Matter Board, MB for short, is king. When looking at the MB all of the gold orbs have to be completed for a new story mission path to appear, usually.

Sometimes a new story mission involves going back to a mission you have already done and doing something different than last time. For example the first story mission you did with Afin that is done a grand total of 3 times taking different paths at a certain point.

To progress in the MB you have to complete Orbs that are active, they are larger than inactive ones. This is done by either killing a certain enemy, visiting someone in the lobby, or going to a certain map and activating a USB stick thing in the field.

If it is visiting someone in the field via USB stick always choose an Arks Mission as they only show up in single-party areas of a map.

I think that about covers all the basics needed to get these done. But just so you know don't be discouraged by how repetitive it gets because about a year or so ago they were much much worse. ^^;
I've played PSO on DC and GC and then PSU on 360 so I'm aware it's repetitive. My question is how do I not skip to Ep4? Or does it automatically skip you there on PS4? Thanks!

Altiea
Apr 28, 2016, 03:00 AM
I've played PSO on DC and GC and then PSU on 360 so I'm aware it's repetitive. My question is how do I not skip to Ep4? Or does it automatically skip you there on PS4? Thanks!

If you just started a new character at this time, you start Episode 4 automatically. You need to complete Chapter 1, then finish Tokyo Exploration before you can switch. Switching has to be done on the Character Select screen.

StormStrickland
Apr 28, 2016, 03:23 AM
If you just started a new character at this time, you start Episode 4 automatically. You need to complete Chapter 1, then finish Tokyo Exploration before you can switch. Switching has to be done on the Character Select screen.
Ok, well I am doing all those Client things still trying to gain access to 003-C on the Story Board thing. About when does that happen lol. I know I did Chapter 0

TheszNuts
Apr 28, 2016, 04:17 AM
003-C requires you to clear Forest Exploration. Your main priority is to unlock all fields, that make the biggest difference as well as clear some story nodes.

StormStrickland
Apr 28, 2016, 05:19 AM
003-C requires you to clear Forest Exploration. Your main priority is to unlock all fields, that make the biggest difference as well as clear some story nodes.
Thx!!!

IchijinKali
Apr 28, 2016, 11:17 AM

This is way different compared to PSO and PSU.

PSO had you just going deeper into Ragol and activating the messages Rico left behind to get the story of what happened was optional. PSU you just had to start the next story mission at the counter to continue and at one of three difficulties to boot.

PSO2 however basically requires you to do a bunch of tasks, that may or may not be part of the next story mission, to do the actual story mission. Back then the nodes only activated if they were touching one that had been completed. So there were times you would need to kill a few of a certain enemy then finish/abandon the mission just to have to go back and kill something different in that same map again. We still do that more often than I would have liked but it is not as bad back then.

Codes
Apr 29, 2016, 09:31 AM
Add my psn too. Also on ship two. CodeAKA

johnwolf
May 5, 2016, 01:25 PM
Ship 2 i either am playing as Eira or JohnWolf