PDA

View Full Version : The Game is so fun, do you think,we get a English app . For ps4 for a few bucks?

st45st
Apr 28, 2016, 09:13 AM
We got a group of us now on ps4 version and were having a blast. but were wondering if maybe sony and sega going to get,... together and offer a app upgrade for those us that want english text for like 5$, so we can start to buy arch cash from the psn store, from the usa, version of PSN store. and have a basic translation in game , nothing like voices or anything , just the text.

sony allows you to have your other gamertags work on overseas game, once you create a japanese psn account that is really easy to create. . but it when you try to get arch cash , it not found, and if on your japanese account, they do not take your credit card to get the arch cash. So you got buy a japanese sony game card. or use a google android phone, to buy the arch cash. and give sega money.

Hope sony and sega can work together so those of us on PSN around the globe can keep enjoying this game and even make little money for sega.

Since the game so fun. we feel guilty were not being able to pay sega any money. easy.

Since everything is tied in to the PSN network for the stuff , we feel there should not be any issues. Once sony and sega uses sony PSN network , for ark cash around the globe.

Maybe we get gravey and get a global translation version for 60$ that would be cool. but. We figured if they go the cheaper route, they can still make tons of money.

SteveCZ
Apr 28, 2016, 10:11 AM
This is getting old, though. It ain't gonna happen, and I'm lazy to explain why (Reference: Gaijin Purge 2014).

AlphaBlob
Apr 28, 2016, 10:28 AM
No it's not going to happen, we're not even supposed to play.

TaigaUC
Apr 28, 2016, 10:44 AM
Absolutely won't happen.
Even if it did, it wouldn't be a simple app, you'd have to restart on another server.

Petunia
Apr 28, 2016, 11:16 AM
I'm honestly surprised SEGA hasn't done something for us.
I don't mean releasing it in the west. Clearly there's a dedicated portion of the playerbase who wants to (and has done) translate the more important things into English.
Why acknowledge it, pick a few SEGA Employees to make sure the things being translated are correct and then offer them as a translation for Non-Japanese speakers with a warning that since the servers are based in Japan to expect some delay.

There isn't actually anything in the ToS saying we can't play. All it says is that they can only provide assistance to Japanese players, so for example if our account gets hacked then they can't help us.

This would be so easy and cheap, and it would provide SEGA with a lot more paying customers.

SteveCZ
Apr 28, 2016, 11:20 AM
I don't mean releasing it in the west. Clearly there's a dedicated portion of the playerbase who wants to (and has done) translate the more important things into English.
Why acknowledge it, pick a few SEGA Employees to make sure the things being translated are correct and then offer them as a translation for Non-Japanese speakers with a warning that since the servers are based in Japan to expect some delay.

There isn't actually anything in the ToS saying we can't play. All it says is that they can only provide assistance to Japanese players, so for example if our account gets hacked then they can't help us.

This would be so easy and cheap, and it would provide SEGA with a lot more paying customers.

There's SEA-somehow-English version, remember? That's the 2014 slap for any English-speaking users in JP version.
Seriously, this is getting old.

IchijinKali
Apr 28, 2016, 11:28 AM

It can't be cheaper than free and doing nothing. In Sega's eyes they already got a translation team thanks to AIDA's group. Who they don't have to pay and their group can't go after them legally for any sort of compensation.

Nulve
Apr 28, 2016, 11:47 AM
Just play the translated PC version through Steam Big Picture or something. That might be too much work for the lazy mentality of console gamers, though.

TaigaUC
Apr 28, 2016, 12:33 PM
I don't think it'd provide SEGA with that many more paying customers.
Almost everyone who really wanted to play PSO2 already does, or did.
If someone is too lazy to use the English patch, they're probably too lazy to deal with PSO2's bizarre in-game systems.
I've been playing all kinds of games for decades and it still took me a while to get used to how PSO2 has everything setup.
I know similar people who already gave up and quit.

So it's a risk that's not really worth taking.
SEGA has supposedly said PSO2 is meant to be a community/social thing.
If you consider that, it makes more sense that they don't care about international market.
I severely doubt they would bother to have US livestream events at the level of the Japanese ones.
That's the impression I get, anyway.

[Ayumi]
Apr 28, 2016, 04:01 PM

While those not living in Japan isn't supposed to be playing, Sega already knows that anyone who wants to play the game bad enough is already playing AND those people already got the game slowly being translated to English, which cost Sega $0 on porting, translating, making extra game versions, marketing, etc etc etc.
And a lot of people will get annoyed with an English version. Why? More than half of the game might never make it outside of Japan due to collabs and other stuff that would need licensing and other things which once again... cost $.
Sega has to do nothing and they get money off us.

Oh and to the original guy, I say cut him slack as he might not know better. As pretty much the whole topic is beating the ribs of a dead horse like a xylophone that long died and decomposed long ago. I think it was before The Great Blank.

gabor100
Apr 28, 2016, 04:31 PM
Anyone wanna start a petition for Sega eng patch or CFW/ODE mod+fan made eng patch?

"I want to play PSO2 in english, someone hack that PS4 already"

Pyromaster
Apr 28, 2016, 04:39 PM
Almost everyone who really wanted to play PSO2 already does, or did.

This.
If you honestly still are waiting for an english version to be released, don't bother playing the game. :confused:

SilkaN
Apr 28, 2016, 05:04 PM

Yeah, because Sega definitely wants to waste resources on a playerbase they don't officially recognize. That's totally going to happen.

They know that we exist, that we have stuff like English patches, that we pay AC and what the color of our underwear is. Sega is happy that we're giving them some additional money but nobody expects them to acknowledge us. We officially don't exist and can't even complain about bad customer service in case something happens to our accounts.
Big companies don't cater to minorities.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 28, 2016, 08:36 PM
We got a group of us now on ps4 version and were having a blast. but were wondering if maybe sony and sega going to get,... together and offer a app upgrade for those us that want english text for like 5$, so we can start to buy arch cash from the psn store, from the usa, version of PSN store. and have a basic translation in game , nothing like voices or anything , just the text.

sony allows you to have your other gamertags work on overseas game, once you create a japanese psn account that is really easy to create. . but it when you try to get arch cash , it not found, and if on your japanese account, they do not take your credit card to get the arch cash. So you got buy a japanese sony game card. or use a google android phone, to buy the arch cash. and give sega money.

Hope sony and sega can work together so those of us on PSN around the globe can keep enjoying this game and even make little money for sega.

Since the game so fun. we feel guilty were not being able to pay sega any money. easy.

Since everything is tied in to the PSN network for the stuff , we feel there should not be any issues. Once sony and sega uses sony PSN network , for ark cash around the globe.

Maybe we get gravey and get a global translation version for 60$ that would be cool. but. We figured if they go the cheaper route, they can still make tons of money.
*scratches yet another talley*

Anyone wanna start a petition for Sega eng patch or CFW/ODE mod+fan made eng patch?

"I want to play PSO2 in english, someone hack that PS4 already"
*clicks a clicker*

Felmyst
Apr 28, 2016, 08:54 PM
Dam all these Chinese embargo! Just up with JP and pray AIDA and send money to keep game alive.

wefwq
Apr 28, 2016, 09:04 PM
postan in ebin bread

Zysets
Apr 28, 2016, 09:38 PM
These kinds of threads hurt me because I remember when I had such pure, innocent optimism.

It would be great to have an official english patch, at least to have the complete story and all the cutscenes in english, but menus in JP are mostly fine for me.

[Ayumi]
Apr 28, 2016, 11:51 PM
These kinds of threads hurt me because I remember when I had such pure, innocent optimism.

It would be great to have an official english patch, at least to have the complete story and all the cutscenes in english, but menus in JP are mostly fine for me.

I guess I'm older than Jesus as I not that optimistic.
After the mess that Sega did with PSU, I knew 100% sure that PSO2 (or any other game) I would've just gotten it in JPN.
Got PSP2 day 1 on the JPN PSN as I didn't want to wait and maybe got a gimped version.
Funny enough, we got the same version. Cool.
BUT Then they said "Fuck you" with Infinity, which... is fine as I bought that too.

Zysets
Apr 29, 2016, 03:02 AM
;3351431']I guess I'm older than Jesus as I not that optimistic.
After the mess that Sega did with PSU, I knew 100% sure that PSO2 (or any other game) I would've just gotten it in JPN.
Got PSP2 day 1 on the JPN PSN as I didn't want to wait and maybe got a gimped version.
Funny enough, we got the same version. Cool.
BUT Then they said "Fuck you" with Infinity, which... is fine as I bought that too.

Yeah I've been around since the Dreamcast days, and despite Sega's constant mistakes, I still kept going because, I'm too loyal for my own good.

I also imported Infinity, glad I did.

ZerotakerZX
Apr 29, 2016, 04:06 AM
Play PC ver for a week or so and you should learn all the patterns to navigate in jap ver. Plus you can always use google translate on your phone if something.

TaigaUC
Apr 29, 2016, 09:38 AM
These threads hurt me because I know a lot of people wanted it and if the world didn't suck balls it would have happened.
But after seeing PSO2 drag itself along the way it has been, I really don't think they're missing much.
When we hear about something, we tend to have higher expectations than what it turns out to be.
PSO2 was definitely a lot more fun at the start. But ~4 years on, I think it's still somewhat easy to burn out on.
It's probably the kind of game that many serious gamers will spend a huge chunk of time on initially and then get bored.
While casual players will play small amounts over a long period of time. Who knows if they care enough to invest. I dunno.

I feel like I've already wasted way too much of my time on PSO2. Same as all the other MMOs I wasted time on.
If I could, I'd probably choose to save other people from the same fate.

Petunia
Apr 29, 2016, 12:58 PM
While your at it, save me from the horrible fate of Scratch Binging.
I've spent at LEAST £120 this month on scratches cus of how shit they are, trying to get something good.
I've made more off a single 200 Scratch in the past than what I have off £120 worth of scratches this month.
:/

[Ayumi]
Apr 29, 2016, 05:01 PM
Yeah I've been around since the Dreamcast days, and despite Sega's constant mistakes, I still kept going because, I'm too loyal for my own good.

I also imported Infinity, glad I did.
Same. Been playing since Dreamcast, but on the Dreamcast and the GCN, there were ways to play the Japanese content on the English versions so I didn't have a problem there. My 1st share of "you're missing out" though was in PSU when I 1st played it on the PC and then once again when I ran to the 360.

Play PC ver for a week or so and you should learn all the patterns to navigate in jap ver. Plus you can always use google translate on your phone if something.
That's only an option for people with phones though.

These threads hurt me because I know a lot of people wanted it and if the world didn't suck balls it would have happened.
But after seeing PSO2 drag itself along the way it has been, I really don't think they're missing much.
When we hear about something, we tend to have higher expectations than what it turns out to be.
PSO2 was definitely a lot more fun at the start. But ~4 years on, I think it's still somewhat easy to burn out on.
It's probably the kind of game that many serious gamers will spend a huge chunk of time on initially and then get bored.
While casual players will play small amounts over a long period of time. Who knows if they care enough to invest. I dunno.

I feel like I've already wasted way too much of my time on PSO2. Same as all the other MMOs I wasted time on.
If I could, I'd probably choose to save other people from the same fate.
If PSO2 had an offline version like PSO1, I probably would barely get online except when things pop up or something (and I mean PSO1 style and not PSU style where you play either stupid Ethan or a very very gimped version of PSU)

While your at it, save me from the horrible fate of Scratch Binging.
I've spent at LEAST £120 this month on scratches cus of how shit they are, trying to get something good.
I've made more off a single 200 Scratch in the past than what I have off £120 worth of scratches this month.
:/
I thought the usual rule is if you see too much shit, you keep away from it even if there's one gem in there.