PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Sega still anti-west?

risaxseph
May 3, 2016, 12:51 PM
Hi,

I have not seen any clarification on this in eons so I figured I would ask a few questions regarding this. Some things happening to me soon might actually legitimize my playing PSO2 (Meaning Sega will not crush me at first look). Now to questions...

- Does Sega's terms still say NO FOREIGNERS outright?
- If you lets say go live in Japan for a period of time; move back then still play will they destroy you at first glance?
- Will they provide any level of service to those folks who played prior to the ToS change?
- Can anyone actually reach Sega Support?
- Do they provide responses to tickets only in Japanese (I assume the answer to this one is Yes.)

Now to some clarification as to why I ask these questions; in the coming months I plan to move to Japan for a study abroad program. I mean I am already playing from a western university IP (potentially making them less wanting to CRUSH since this school actually has Japanese students). Very specific questions but I figure some are worth asking and I know for a period Sega was like "We do not care if you are here or give us money just please don't cause trouble or we will hurt you." then they went to "BAD!!!!!!!!!! NO MOAR FOR YOU!" Because of all the RMT and trash hackers roaming about (This game is easy; no reason to be a hacking plebe.)... Now it looks like Sega is more of a guarded "We do not care if you are here or give us money just please don't cause trouble or we will hurt you."

(Also sort of funny that they will accept money from American Google Play Accounts... Probably cause Google is Google and Sega likely does not care about them.)

Loveless62
May 3, 2016, 03:24 PM
Yes, they still say that you cannot play PSO2 from outside of Japan.

- If you lets say go live in Japan for a period of time; move back then still play will they destroy you at first glance?
I assume they would treat you like people who have been playing from outside Japan the whole time, more or less ignored.

- Will they provide any level of service to those folks who played prior to the ToS change?
I presume this is a follow-on question if the ToS did in fact change. So this question is not applicable.

I am sure they can be reached by e-mail and by phone.

- Do they provide responses to tickets only in Japanese (I assume the answer to this one is Yes.)
Yep.

Officially, Sega does not allow PSO2 to be played from outside of Japan. Unofficially, they do not care. However, if a foreign player is brought to their attention, by being reported or by setting off some cheating or RMT check or something similar, Sega has to make an example of them. This shows that they hold their ToS in good faith to anybody who cares, like their collab partners.

Don't cause any trouble and you should be fine.

risaxseph
May 3, 2016, 03:41 PM
Yes, they still say that you cannot play PSO2 from outside of Japan.

I assume they would treat you like people who have been playing from outside Japan the whole time, more or less ignored.

I presume this is a follow-on question if the ToS did in fact change. So this question is not applicable.

I am sure they can be reached by e-mail and by phone.

Yep.

Officially, Sega does not allow PSO2 to be played from outside of Japan. Unofficially, they do not care. However, if a foreign player is brought to their attention, by being reported or by setting off some cheating or RMT check or something similar, Sega has to make an example of them. This shows that they hold their ToS in good faith to anybody who cares, like their collab partners.

Don't cause any trouble and you should be fine.

Thanks. RMT bots are everywhere so I get their stance on that and I get the hacking... I dont understand why people hack PSO2 though; its gotten easier and if you cant play it you probably should not be playing MMOs :D... So prior to the BETA non-JP people were allowed? (I came in after that and I never was clear on if people were allowed)

landman
May 3, 2016, 05:03 PM
Nope, never, I played the alpha because I told them I lived in the Tokyo post office, and got selected.

otakun
May 3, 2016, 05:08 PM
Sega of Japan is very aware of the foreigners who are interested in PSO2 and thus hold the "don't care" attitude when it comes to the ToS policy. Sega will help you even if your a foreign account as long as you send the message in Japanese. The fact that we can enter the game without a VPN is a clear sign that they don't really care since other game companies in Japan (even with no intention of releasing versions outside japan) use IP blocks.

The only foreigners that have an issue are SEA region players since they have their own version and since that now involves legal licensing reasons they ban those players even though I've heard of people still getting their accounts back as long as they contact sega about it.

Shadowth117
May 3, 2016, 05:51 PM
Sega of Japan is very aware of the foreigners who are interested in PSO2 and thus hold the "don't care" attitude when it comes to the ToS policy. Sega will help you even if your a foreign account as long as you send the message in Japanese. The fact that we can enter the game without a VPN is a clear sign that they don't really care since other game companies in Japan (even with no intention of releasing versions outside japan) use IP blocks.

The only foreigners that have an issue are SEA region players since they have their own version and since that now involves legal licensing reasons they ban those players even though I've heard of people still getting their accounts back as long as they contact sega about it.

That's not true. There are people who've done that and been told they won't be helped because they're foreign nonetheless.

However generally, it's not a problem to play. It's kind of acknowledged that we're here, but officially, it's a bit out of their scope to support us.

sparab
May 3, 2016, 06:17 PM
Sega will help you even if your a foreign account as long as you send the message in Japanese.

Every time I send sega a well written inquiry in JP I receive the "this is a JP only service" message. I suspect sega will check either your mail/login IP address before deciding to help your account.
Can anyone confirm their successful experience?

otakun
May 3, 2016, 06:23 PM
That's not true. There are people who've done that and been told they won't be helped because they're foreign nonetheless.

However generally, it's not a problem to play. It's kind of acknowledged that we're here, but officially, it's a bit out of their scope to support us.

I've only based it on the people I know who've done it, of course there will be exceptions. Wasn't speaking for every single case.

Pyromaster
May 3, 2016, 08:59 PM
Hi,

I have not seen any clarification on this in eons so I figured I would ask a few questions regarding this. Some things happening to me soon might actually legitimize my playing PSO2 (Meaning Sega will not crush me at first look). Now to questions...

Now to some clarification as to why I ask these questions; in the coming months I plan to move to Japan for a study abroad program. I mean I am already playing from a western university IP (potentially making them less wanting to CRUSH since this school actually has Japanese students). Very specific questions but I figure some are worth asking and I know for a period Sega was like "We do not care if you are here or give us money just please don't cause trouble or we will hurt you." then they went to "BAD!!!!!!!!!! NO MOAR FOR YOU!" Because of all the RMT and trash hackers roaming about (This game is easy; no reason to be a hacking plebe.)... Now it looks like Sega is more of a guarded "We do not care if you are here or give us money just please don't cause trouble or we will hurt you."

(Also sort of funny that they will accept money from American Google Play Accounts... Probably cause Google is Google and Sega likely does not care about them.)

This.
If you honestly still are waiting for an english version to be released, don't bother playing the game. :confused: They're too far into the game anyways. Even if they came out with a fully translated western version it would be far behind, and most of the english population wouldn't bother moving anyways. If anything, they should of released it close to the acutal PSO2 release date.

Yamishi
May 3, 2016, 09:38 PM
Every time I send sega a well written inquiry in JP I receive the "this is a JP only service" message. I suspect sega will check either your mail/login IP address before deciding to help your account.
Can anyone confirm their successful experience?

I can confirm. I send my messages in Japanese, and so far, have only gotten one "this is JP only" message. For that issue, I just tried again a few hours later, and it was resolved, which means it can be at the discretion of the support tech who gets the request.

That said, it's been over a year since I've had an issue, so their stances may have hardened.

SteveCZ
May 3, 2016, 10:24 PM
It's amazing how they replied to you and the account is not compromised.
It's a prove that they are not that anti-west (or anti non-JP? why it has always to be western) after all.

sparab
May 3, 2016, 11:49 PM
To my knowledge sega haven't banned any non SEA gaijin just for trespassing their game.
Most 816 victims are suspected for other terms of violation, such as RMT/hack.

They won't ban people for sending a mail in eng, nor unlock a foreign account under suspicion ban.

sol_trigger
May 4, 2016, 02:47 AM
my friend and his team was playing a game published by SEGA called closers, one or 2 guys in his team spoke english and BAM!, they banned the whole damn team :D should i call this tyranny or recism witch hunt ? :D

Rehal
May 4, 2016, 02:54 AM
my friend and his team was playing a game published by SEGA called closers, one or 2 guys in his team spoke english and BAM!, they banned the whole damn team :D should i call this tyranny or recism witch hunt ? :D

Actually their whole team spammed BR-tier chat on global channel of a game with a solid IP block for a week so if anything I'd say they asked for it.

TaigaUC
May 4, 2016, 07:03 AM
I write in Japanese and SEGA either ignores my reports or says Japan only.
Haven't been banned.

If you want to get banned, spamming BR-tier global chat is a surefire way.
That was one of the (many) reasons Pangya JP blocked all foreign IPs.

Saffran
May 4, 2016, 12:02 PM
Oh god yeah. Pangya Banned the rest of the world like one week after the release of Ice Spa...

Keilyn
May 4, 2016, 12:36 PM
SEGA invested in multiple western companies in 2014 - 2015 and their operation goal along their gaming division was to spread out further to Europe and North America. PSO-2 is not in the U.S because PSO and PSU online did not do so well in the U.S. Combine the fact that there are people here in the forum who have worked to make the JP version compatible with non-JP people and the modders pretty much did SEGA's work for them without them having to spend money on localizing a version.

Its a dream of companies to have people do their work for them, for free, grant the company more money and without any liability, while forcing the community to live by standards of the parent company under their own national laws...

SEGA does not need to ever release in the west a Phantasy Star game anymore when modders are willing to work for free and even without understanding the Japanese Language, give them their money regardless of the social and political discrimination towards foreigners that JPN have.

Sorry, but its the truth.

Z-0
May 4, 2016, 12:42 PM
I think the huge prevalence of CFW on the PSP in the west was what really killed the PS franchise. PSO in the West was actually very popular during the Gamecube days (albeit not as much as the JP side, of course), and there was plenty of money to be made from those people, but the attitude in the West is to get as much as possible for as little as possible, so the portable games on the DS and PSP probably did extremely poorly since PS is a niche franchise and not something HUGELY popular, and thus made SEGA not bother to localise anymore games.

It's the same with F2P as well, and you can see it on PSO2 JP. A very large number of people refuse to pay for things ingame, because they feel they should be able to get everything for free, and many even see themselves as "better" than others who pay real money towards a game they are playing, even though as far as I'm concerned, a gaming company deserves money if they're providing hours of entertainment to you -- they did work very hard to originally bring it your way.

matt4394
May 4, 2016, 12:48 PM
Sega does not care. As long as we keep pumping money into their hands, they'll continue to not care. Money talks.

Zysets
May 4, 2016, 12:58 PM
I think the huge prevalence of CFW on the PSP in the west was what really killed the PS franchise. PSO in the West was actually very popular during the Gamecube days (albeit not as much as the JP side, of course), and there was plenty of money to be made from those people, but the attitude in the West is to get as much as possible for as little as possible, so the portable games on the DS and PSP probably did extremely poorly since PS is a niche franchise and not something HUGELY popular, and thus made SEGA not bother to localise anymore games.

I remember they wanted to slowly release item codes over the life of PSP2 in the west or something like that, and people cracked all the codes and posted them online before any of that fun could start. PSP2 was an awesome game, and I was really looking forward to an official western release of Infinity, but I don't blame Sega for holding it away from us after that and all sorts of other issues happened.

Let's not even get into the all the people playing pirated copies.

Saffran
May 4, 2016, 01:15 PM
I don't mind paying for stuff - but I do mind being forced to play the lottery until I actually buy what I wanted.
Also, 130$ for a full inventory space (which by no means will be enough in the long run) is a tiny bit too much for my tastes.

Raujinn
May 4, 2016, 01:17 PM
I'd give the CFW theory credit were it not for the fact that they were full steam ahead for localizing PSO2 at one point. Not much point bringing a partially translated demo to PAX as well as taking over the Facebook account and making a website if they;d decided they would never localise again after PSP2. That doesn't make any sense to me.

Also lol at the codes thing. I'm fairly confident that had zero effect at all on the marketability of the game (which was likely next to none anyway with the tiny resources at SoA's disposal at the time).

Sizustar
May 4, 2016, 02:12 PM
I'd give the CFW theory credit were it not for the fact that they were full steam ahead for localizing PSO2 at one point. Not much point bringing a partially translated demo to PAX as well as taking over the Facebook account and making a website if they;d decided they would never localise again after PSP2. That doesn't make any sense to me.

Also lol at the codes thing. I'm fairly confident that had zero effect at all on the marketability of the game (which was likely next to none anyway with the tiny resources at SoA's disposal at the time).

Most likely Sega was already scaling back, so they were hoping a publisher in the US would buy the right to it, and operate their own server cost, like how Gamia and Asiasoft is doing in Taiwan and South East Asia, it's not likely for Sega to put the money for a server farm for a Western version at the time anyway, and unfortunately, no western publisher seem interested.

landman
May 4, 2016, 02:21 PM
Their plans were obviously different when they announced it and a year later, I will give you a hint, that same year Bayonetta 2 was cancelled (and later taken by Nintendo), a new budget 3D street of rage wasn't green-lighted (later we saw videos), Sega Australia (Creative Assembly Australia) were shut down after releasing Castle of Illusion Remaster, on of the best classic platformers they have released in the past decade, and the president of Sega west specifically stated they were going to focus only on the franchises that were successful, and those being: Sonic, Total War, Football Manager and Alien, they bought Relic a year later so you can ad their franchises. They didn't make an announcement, but it's obvious PSO2 west was cancelled like everything else.

matt4394
May 4, 2016, 02:55 PM
I don't mind paying for stuff - but I do mind being forced to play the lottery until I actually buy what I wanted.
Also, 130$ for a full inventory space (which by no means will be enough in the long run) is a tiny bit too much for my tastes.

it's only 60$ for full inventory, also, no one is forcing you to buy anything, this game is 100% free to play. They only thing you're pay for is convenience.

TaigaUC
May 4, 2016, 03:03 PM
I never bought a PSP.

Oh god yeah. Pangya Banned the rest of the world like one week after the release of Ice Spa...

At the time, a ton of foreigners were constantly ruining tournaments by blatantly cheating.
Some were paying money to spam global chat with nonsense, day and night.
And a bunch were running around the chat/shop rooms being rude and spamming rubbish in all sorts of languages.

After they got banned, they moved to the Korean server and did the same thing there.
Korean version had to ban them too.
I know these things because I played both versions.

When I met foreigners I always told them to remember we're playing on another country's server and to respect their people.
But I often had trouble convincing people to behave politely.
I always saw English speakers saying "it's a free world, I'm free to do what I want" and "everyone should speak English". Seen the same thing in PSO2 a few times.
Then when they get banned for being total dicks, they complain Japan is racist and xenophobic.

Sega does not care. As long as we keep pumping money into their hands, they'll continue to not care. Money talks.
That's what everyone always says. People think companies won't ban them just because they're huge spenders.
But in reality, it doesn't matter what country you're from or how much money you are throwing at them.
If you are being a dick and causing trouble, they WILL ban you. Seen this happen many times.

I'm honestly surprised SEGA has put up with foreigners on PSO2 for this long.
I'm worried they may do something to offset the stigma of the ridiculously unpopular ship 2.
You've seen the screenshots, right? Every server is yellow or red during primetime, except ship 2 which is always green.
If I recall correctly, when we were able to check population numbers, ship2 maxed out at around 4k, while every other ship was around 6-7k.

I talked to a JP friend about this previously, and they said a lot of JP people were moving to other servers for various reasons.
Most of them wanted to join friends on other servers, probably because their friends were avoiding ship 2 and refused to play there.
Some of them moved because they were upset at foreigners being rude, causing trouble, constantly leaving early, ignoring room rules, etc.
That friend also said they were considering moving, but would stick around ship 2 for a while longer.

None of the JP people I regularly interact with have moved elsewhere because of foreigners. They don't seem to really care.
Several seem to have quit because the game is boring as nuts, though. They log in maybe once a year, if that.

When a JP company blocks foreigners, I doubt it's because they're anti-West.
It's because their culture is different and foreigners often don't respect other people.
Their behavior demands everyone be exactly like themselves.
They go into other countries and demand the locals do things their way. That inevitably leads to conflict.
Which is something some JP people understandably don't want to deal with. Easier to just block them.
I don't think many JP people care about foreigners, as long as the foreigners behave nicely.

It's not even a matter of language. Most EN people don't listen to EN people either.
You know what happens if anyone tries to reason with most foreigners.
Some JP people tell them in English what they're doing wrong, or to stop doing whatever. The foreigners usually get upset and rage hard.
"Unlike you, I'm playing for fun! It's a free world!" etc, etc.

I play quietly under JP names and have had EN players tell me to "shut up, weeaboo" for simply announcing number of weak bullets left.
They didn't even know that I'm not Japanese. Most JP can't even tell, either.
I also remember a Spanish guy in Challenge Quest who constantly spammed everyone with anime quotes in Spanish.
When people tried to reason with him, he burst into a vile tantrum of abuse.
Yeah... real civil.

I was watching a JP Mario Maker stream a few weeks ago, and they ended up talking about how foreigners behave in online games.
They were saying Japan acts fundamentally different from the rest of the world, or something along those lines.
I can see that.

Actually... even if SEGA were to ban all foreigners right now, I don't think people would purposely go back to ship 2.
So maybe they won't do anything.

risaxseph
May 4, 2016, 06:14 PM
I never bought a PSP.

At the time, a ton of foreigners were constantly ruining tournaments by blatantly cheating.
Some were paying money to spam global chat with nonsense, day and night.
And a bunch were running around the chat/shop rooms being rude and spamming rubbish in all sorts of languages.

After they got banned, they moved to the Korean server and did the same thing there.
Korean version had to ban them too.
I know these things because I played both versions.

When I met foreigners I always told them to remember we're playing on another country's server and to respect their people.
But I often had trouble convincing people to behave politely.
I always saw English speakers saying "it's a free world, I'm free to do what I want" and "everyone should speak English". Seen the same thing in PSO2 a few times.
Then when they get banned for being total dicks, they complain Japan is racist and xenophobic.

That's what everyone always says. People think companies won't ban them just because they're huge spenders.
But in reality, it doesn't matter what country you're from or how much money you are throwing at them.
If you are being a dick and causing trouble, they WILL ban you. Seen this happen many times.

I'm honestly surprised SEGA has put up with foreigners on PSO2 for this long.
I'm worried they may do something to offset the stigma of the ridiculously unpopular ship 2.
You've seen the screenshots, right? Every server is yellow or red during primetime, except ship 2 which is always green.
If I recall correctly, when we were able to check population numbers, ship2 maxed out at around 4k, while every other ship was around 6-7k.

I talked to a JP friend about this previously, and they said a lot of JP people were moving to other servers for various reasons.
Most of them wanted to join friends on other servers, probably because their friends were avoiding ship 2 and refused to play there.
Some of them moved because they were upset at foreigners being rude, causing trouble, constantly leaving early, ignoring room rules, etc.
That friend also said they were considering moving, but would stick around ship 2 for a while longer.

None of the JP people I regularly interact with have moved elsewhere because of foreigners. They don't seem to really care.
Several seem to have quit because the game is boring as nuts, though. They log in maybe once a year, if that.

When a JP company blocks foreigners, I doubt it's because they're anti-West.
It's because their culture is different and foreigners often don't respect other people.
Their behavior demands everyone be exactly like themselves.
They go into other countries and demand the locals do things their way. That inevitably leads to conflict.
Which is something some JP people understandably don't want to deal with. Easier to just block them.
I don't think many JP people care about foreigners, as long as the foreigners behave nicely.

It's not even a matter of language. Most EN people don't listen to EN people either.
You know what happens if anyone tries to reason with most foreigners.
Some JP people tell them in English what they're doing wrong, or to stop doing whatever. The foreigners usually get upset and rage hard.
"Unlike you, I'm playing for fun! It's a free world!" etc, etc.

I play quietly under JP names and have had EN players tell me to "shut up, weeaboo" for simply announcing number of weak bullets left.
They didn't even know that I'm not Japanese. Most JP can't even tell, either.
I also remember a Spanish guy in Challenge Quest who constantly spammed everyone with anime quotes in Spanish.
When people tried to reason with him, he burst into a vile tantrum of abuse.
Yeah... real civil.

I was watching a JP Mario Maker stream a few weeks ago, and they ended up talking about how foreigners behave in online games.
They were saying Japan acts fundamentally different from the rest of the world, or something along those lines.
I can see that.

Actually... even if SEGA were to ban all foreigners right now, I don't think people would purposely go back to ship 2.
So maybe they won't do anything.

Good reply. Western nations or at least most notably USA have this entitlement mentality that "its my right to be here"... It is not your right to be anywhere... People mistake privileges and rights. I pay for things in PSO2 like a lot of people and the only right I see is being able to contact service if I can't pay for whatever reasons (account error or what have you) beyond that I am a guest here and I am glad that SEGA has not smashed the west in for accessing the JP servers I just wish they would lighten the foreigners policy; a few d***s ruining it for those of us who actually want to be a part of the PSO JP community. Seems like most MMOs I have seen that are free are like that between the RMT, a**holes and ragent folks who think they are doing the publisher a favor by playing their game... I hope at some point there are changes to how people from outside of JP are handled but with how people act it might not be a thing... My questions were mainly because I actually want to be part of the PSO JP community but if my account breaks or I notice someone being a worthless sack of derp I can actually reach out to Sega and get a response other than "Be gone alien scum!"

Zysets
May 4, 2016, 07:25 PM
snip

Once you get down to individuals, it's entirely different. I've met Japanese people who have come to the United States, there's plenty of people who want to open up and see the rest of the world, and to get back into PSO2 for a moment, I even know JP players who I regularly (try) to chat with, broken English and Japanese sure, but we try and enjoy playing with each other whenever time zone differences and schedules permit it.

Of course, not everyone is the same, but I think things only get bad when it's a large group, because just like for Western societies, the assholes can really shine when they're loud.

Now bringing WWII into it seems like a stretch, no? Japan as a whole does like to keep to itself sure, but I really think that claim is... odd.

SteveCZ
May 4, 2016, 08:20 PM
Japan-only means easier for customer support.
Japan-only means lesser legal issues, whether it's cultural issues and whatever.
They also have made a survey on PAX and everything to make sure PSO2 will be there, and apparently those who claim it should be in the west, seems to be only a fraction of their expectations.

And wtf how the hell is this related to WW II. Japanese themselves don't even know about what happened to others outside their country in WW II. All they know is they lose the war and it's time to move on. Ask them yourself.

sparab
May 4, 2016, 08:44 PM
And wtf how the hell is this related to WW II. Japanese themselves don't even know about what happened to others outside their country in WW II. All they know is they lose the war and it's time to move on. Ask them yourself.

Many JP, who never played this game, have been butt hurt for yamato being an enemy boss and pissed on every single PSO2 discuss board. They got more keyboard patriots/imperialists than we can imagine.

Xaelouse
May 4, 2016, 08:54 PM
It wasn't "many JP", just a loud minority that caught Sakai's attention.
The war was more than half a century ago. Most don't care unless you go on talking about how "2 nukes weren't enough" which is not only rude but inhumane.

SteveCZ
May 4, 2016, 09:28 PM
Many JP, who never played this game, have been butt hurt for yamato being an enemy boss and pissed on every single PSO2 discuss board. They got more keyboard patriots/imperialists than we can imagine.

How the hell does this related to this topic then, right?

Seijass
May 4, 2016, 09:39 PM

Didn't it die weeks ago since they changed the chrysanthemum logo to make a distinction?

oratank
May 4, 2016, 09:47 PM

why not just buy character? 350 inventory space with fucking cheap price

sparab
May 4, 2016, 09:52 PM
How the hell does this related to this topic then, right?

I couldn't agree more. Maybe we should ask whoever brought out JP is over with ww2 comment.

Didn't it die weeks ago since they changed the chrysanthemum logo to make a distinction?

People with right mind set has dropped the topic, but sega still included "What appeared in our game is pure fiction and has nothing to do with historic objects" comment in the upcoming PV.
Well, sega did not choose phantom seventh fleet as raid boss so they are clearly not anti west, right?

Keilyn
May 5, 2016, 12:19 AM
Amazing how my second post was deleted without being notified about it... the meaning behind my last post was how Japanese put all their energy to the intro-game in hopes they can slay their enemies or weaken them in one large preemptive attack. Their enemies are weakened mid-game, but by endgame, their enemies have rallied and defeated them.

This is true throughout their history.
The Japanese are the ones who coined the phrase that when one is forced to bow down to the individual, it is the same as the serpent walking without a head. However, they are a people who bow to people as a show of respect. Quite the Irony right?

SEGA is no different, but in the age of disinformation, deceit, and media manipulation, one is very quick to bury the past in hopes of hiding the truth.

PSO was a great game early on (remember what I said about the intro-game?)
Then PSO grew, forcing people to pay money to buy the same game four times. I bought PSO (DC), PSOver.2 (DC), PSOep1&2(GC), PSOver2 (PC), PSOEp1&2 (X-Box), PSObb (downloaded it for PC)...I bought the game many times along with the consoles and PCs for playing the game... SO I know FIRST HAND about buying something for current games and not thinking of the future.

A lot of us PAID FOR UPDATES in the 100s of dollars by buying the latest CONSOLE to play the latest updated version of the game AND starting over...

So what happened? How long did the game slow down or have no updates for? How many years did people play the same content without anything added new even in the JP version?

PSU had the normal game and AoTI, that was a strong start. Then look at the endgame where they introduced Guardians Cash and people left and became generic. What about the US/EU version not getting the first major patch and shutting down, but Xbox version getting the first major patch and remaining open? How about when Guardians Cash was introduced??? All the stuff they did...

Notice how the End-Game (Last few years prior to end of life) were...... updates were about getting people to spend on GC and Gatchan for costumes....remember that?

PSO2?
Oh yes.....all the shit in the first two years of the game....along with how downhill and monotonous things went. Now nearly four years later we have Tier 6 graphics, a shitty anime, along with NT weapons and ONCE again

....the same complaints we had about the LAST TWO GAMES are the major complaints we have about these two games, add to the list "making games that continue the story on handhelds rather than focus on the main game itself"

Whatever SEGA did, they did to themselves...

Here is something cute about Japanese Culture and Resolve. :)

It was in 2011 when Shintaro Ishihara actually said that the reason Japan was hit by a tsunami was because of Tembatsu. Here is a collection of his quotes
http://www.japancrush.com/2012/stories/ex-tokyo-mayor-ishihara-shintaros-most-outrageous-remarks.html

Read this person's remarks while he was Tokyo's Governor....and tell me that some of that is not BACKWARDS or even Western-Like.

risaxseph
May 5, 2016, 12:37 AM
Amazing how my second post was deleted without being notified about it... the meaning behind my last post was how Japanese put all their energy to the intro-game in hopes they can slay their enemies or weaken them in one large preemptive attack. Their enemies are weakened mid-game, but by endgame, their enemies have rallied and defeated them.

This is true throughout their history.
The Japanese are the ones who coined the phrase that when one is forced to bow down to the individual, it is the same as the serpent walking without a head. However, they are a people who bow to people as a show of respect. Quite the Irony right?

SEGA is no different, but in the age of disinformation, deceit, and media manipulation, one is very quick to bury the past in hopes of hiding the truth.

PSO was a great game early on (remember what I said about the intro-game?)
Then PSO grew, forcing people to pay money to buy the same game four times. I bought PSO (DC), PSOver.2 (DC), PSOep1&2(GC), PSOver2 (PC), PSOEp1&2 (X-Box), PSObb (downloaded it for PC)...I bought the game many times along with the consoles and PCs for playing the game... SO I know FIRST HAND about buying something for current games and not thinking of the future.

A lot of us PAID FOR UPDATES in the 100s of dollars by buying the latest CONSOLE to play the latest updated version of the game AND starting over...

So what happened? How long did the game slow down or have no updates for? How many years did people play the same content without anything added new even in the JP version?

PSU had the normal game and AoTI, that was a strong start. Then look at the endgame where they introduced Guardians Cash and people left and became generic. What about the US/EU version not getting the first major patch and shutting down, but Xbox version getting the first major patch and remaining open? How about when Guardians Cash was introduced??? All the stuff they did...

Notice how the End-Game (Last few years prior to end of life) were...... updates were about getting people to spend on GC and Gatchan for costumes....remember that?

PSO2?
Oh yes.....all the shit in the first two years of the game....along with how downhill and monotonous things went. Now nearly four years later we have Tier 6 graphics, a shitty anime, along with NT weapons and ONCE again

....the same complaints we had about the LAST TWO GAMES are the major complaints we have about these two games, add to the list "making games that continue the story on handhelds rather than focus on the main game itself"

Whatever SEGA did, they did to themselves...

Here is something cute about Japanese Culture and Resolve. :)

It was in 2011 when Shintaro Ishihara actually said that the reason Japan was hit by a tsunami was because of Tembatsu. Here is a collection of his quotes
http://www.japancrush.com/2012/stories/ex-tokyo-mayor-ishihara-shintaros-most-outrageous-remarks.html

Read this person's remarks while he was Tokyo's Governor....and tell me that some of that is not BACKWARDS or even Western-Like.

*pulls up popcorn* hey m8s... take a seat I smell drama... This thread is officially derailed; went from questions about customer support and how moving to Japan would make any difference from just being "Western scum" and we get a flame war about Japan.... Good stuff...

NephyrisX
May 5, 2016, 12:40 AM
*pulls up popcorn* hey m8s... take a seat I smell drama... This thread is officially derailed; went from questions about customer support and how moving to Japan would make any difference from just being "Western scum" and we get a flame war about Japan.... Good stuff...
Basically, this forum can be moronic half the time.

arokidaaron
May 5, 2016, 01:19 AM
I wonder how all of this is related to PSO2?

Altiea
May 5, 2016, 01:22 AM
I wonder how all of this is related to PSO2?

"Complaining" posts may have a chance to devolve into social commentary. The odds are low, but they're there. You may want to speak to our lord and savior Dudu, the god of RNG, about those odds.

But really, it's the internet. Spend enough time on it, and at some point you just stop caring about, you know, complainy things.

Altiea
May 5, 2016, 01:38 AM
I am actually really wondering why this thread still exists at this point.

ArcaneTechs
May 5, 2016, 01:39 AM
you care a lot.
honestly i dont, people just need to know that your just back to bitching and complaining about a game that isnt going your way

I am actually really wondering why this thread still exists at this point.
entertain the lurkers