PDA

View Full Version : Summoner Pet Information

cirnothegreat
May 4, 2016, 03:51 AM
Hello All~
I havent really played much since around the time bouncer released.
I Was hoping someone could give me a run down of the newer summons
Viola,Melon & Maron?
I've been able to find very little information of them in my searching.
Basically just wondering their specialties and possibly pros/cons of using them over another like say Wanda or Torim.

Altiea
May 4, 2016, 04:16 AM
Hello All~
I havent really played much since around the time bouncer released.
I Was hoping someone could give me a run down of the newer summons
Viola,Melon & Maron?
I've been able to find very little information of them in my searching.
Basically just wondering their specialties and possibly pros/cons of using them over another like say Wanda or Torim.

Melon/Maron: Their gimmick is that when they get hit, they "charge up". There are three charge stages, which are no charge, level 1 charge, and level 2 charge. Melon takes two hits to max, while Maron takes six hits to max. The higher the charge level, the more damage their Melon/Maron Break PA does, which has absolutely bonkers damage at max charge. Maron Break can be used once but deals insane damage, while, Melon Break can be used multiple times, but deals less damage per throw. If you don't throw them at all for 15 seconds, they'll detonate and deal damage to you (but this can't kill).
PS: After using Maron/Melon Break (or self-destructing), they will be KO'd. They have a short down time to compensate, but you had better have a replacement to fill the gap.

PROS: Mind-boggling damage potential. Throw in a Weak Bullet, and Maron Break is almost guaranteed to break the damage cap with just Alter Ego activated. Also possesses modified versions of Wanda Break, Trim Bullet, and Cery Chaser for coverage. Also acts as a guard with a PA that allows you to nullify frontal basted damage.

CONS: Not using their Break skill decreases their damage potential immensely, and this can be difficult to accomplish in large boss fights. This can also make them rather situational. Their coverage PAs are alright, but aren't too spectacular. Also, Melon dies quickly if you aren't monitoring it. Melon Break's recast timing is also really finicky; if you don't time throws correctly, the barrage will end early.

Viola: "Wanda for pros". This is what SEGA pitched it as. Is it? Ehhh... All of its PAs are effectively modified versions of all of Wanda's PAs. The difference is that it has a PA that allows it to change "forms". There are two modes: normal, which has low damage output and normal PP regen, and "Unleashed", which has huge damage output, but very slow PP regen. The idea is that you're supposed to balance using the two modes to for maximum efficiency that Wanda is otherwise incapable of. Reviews on Viola are currently lukewarm due to balancing issues between the two modes.

PROS: Good damage in Unleashed mode.

CONS: Kinda sucks when not in Unleashed mode, and the PP regen in Unleashed mode is downright awful. It also feels mechanically similar to Wanda outside of its gimmick, so it's familiar territory, but also brings nothing new to the table as far as Pets go.

TaigaUC
May 4, 2016, 07:07 AM
Tried my guide?
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231967

Maron and Melon stuff at the bottom.
Haven't added Viola stuff, but from what I've heard, it's just a crappier Wanda.

Kondibon
May 4, 2016, 07:43 AM
Haven't added Viola stuff, but from what I've heard, it's just a crappier Wanda.I'd actually argue that it's better in terms of raw single target DPS, it's not as good at AoE, but it doesn't require as much setup as Torim and Maron do for their nukes.

leelustig
May 4, 2016, 01:46 PM
This Skill Tree translation chart might help you if you're using a summoner:
[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/WhRzNcO.png"]http://i.imgur.com/WhRzNcO.png
[/spoiler-box]

TaigaUC
May 4, 2016, 05:03 PM
@Kondibon
Yeah, you're right. Sorry.

I personally don't want to level a whole new pet with new candies just for a little more damage in certain situations though.

matt4394
May 4, 2016, 10:53 PM
Here is a quick guide on how to play summoner.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prti1PcZEgk