PDA

View Full Version : Braver Katana Unit Questions~

Sakura1
May 4, 2016, 08:55 PM
Hello, currently new.

I have couple questions regarding units/Weapons but mostly units right now

I have a level 56 Katana Braver, and I been using w.e unit I get which provides increase stats but I been wanting to get more " active " and actually focus on equipment,

I recently object Gloam Set from Earlier EQ and was wondering should I affixes them or wait for MB 3-3 altho im only in MB 1-3....( ill rush that after I hit 30 free quest or until I feel I reached a solid position )

Mostly should I still use Gloam or go after thing more viable,

Regarding Katana's, unsure whats a good katana to use, do want recommendation tho.

I been collection 10* weapons with Souls/IV/III Abilities/Mutation/etc etc so I can later build one, same with units. I think Im pretty solidable right now with mesta I think ( cough 2.5m Cough )

Regarding Adding Abilities can I for example Install more than 1 Soul?
If I have a soul already installed and I wanna add another ability do I need to have that same soul in that exact weapon, or can I just use another Fodder?

errr. Thats all for now I guess if you guys have any Recommendation or advice please feel free to drop them down below. ^^;^^;^^;:-D:-D:twak:

Ryuuguu
May 5, 2016, 09:20 AM
http://pso2affix.seilent.net/#!/s=&1=&2=&3=&4=&5=&r=&o=
knock yourself out

Probably just do
for weapons:
35 attack soul
power IV
Spirita IV
Flict arma

For units:
35 attack soul
Power IV
Flict arma or Spirita IV

can also use alter arma instead of flict

use soul receptors to transfer souls

Qualia
May 5, 2016, 09:30 AM
If you've been working on the collection file, do SH EQs to get the nox katana. Otherwise, you'd have to get involved in both crafting and cmode to get an upgraded red katana (literal weapon name) to last you until you get a 13* weapon endgame.
Unit wise, stick with gloam and another unit to fill the empty slot until you get 11* unit drops from bonus quests. Gear doesn't matter as much until XH as long as you can pull your own weight in an EQ.

Edit: I should probably post an updated equipment guide on this forum lol

Sakura1
May 5, 2016, 10:51 PM
Ahhh I see, thank you,

EDIT: got Nox Jusfu or w.e its called.
I been messing around with Ability Simulator but I honestly don't really get how to get at least 4 of the Affinity I want

Qualia
May 6, 2016, 01:43 AM
Ahhh I see, thank you,

EDIT: got Nox Jusfu or w.e its called.
I been messing around with Ability Simulator but I honestly don't really get how to get at least 4 of the Affinity I want

Here's (http://www.fulldive.nu/2015/01/06/pso2-affixing-101/) a good start. Also I'd make sure your units are +10 and your Nox katana is at least +11 before investing a ton into affixing.

Try to get the Nox katana to 50 element too. If you haven't made substantial progress in your katana collection file, I'd just reset it to get two more Nox katanas to max your attribute.

Sakura1
May 7, 2016, 05:05 PM
a good start. Also I'd make sure your units are +10 and your Nox katana is at least +11 before investing a ton into affixing.

Try to get the Nox katana to 50 element too. If you haven't made substantial progress in your katana collection file, I'd just reset it to get two more Nox katanas to max your attribute.

Alright Ty, and between I notice I haven't gotten any Skill Rings which do you recommand for Braver/Katana?

Qualia
May 7, 2016, 06:00 PM
I personally use L/Katana Gear Guard and R/Killing Bonus. Katana gear guard forces out your gear, but drains it really fast, and killing bonus restores PP for each close-range kill. I never see myself using Katana Gear Guard though.

You can swap to L/Close Combat if you don't like the homing aspect of katana combat, and R/P Keeper Striking if you want a minuscule damage boost for maintaining high health.

Sakura1
May 7, 2016, 07:35 PM
I personally use L/Katana Gear Guard and R/Killing Bonus. Katana gear guard forces out your gear, but drains it really fast, and killing bonus restores PP for each close-range kill. I never see myself using Katana Gear Guard though.

You can swap to L/Close Combat if you don't like the homing aspect of katana combat, and R/P Keeper Striking if you want a minuscule damage boost for maintaining high health.

Ahhh Okay, although Forcelly using Gear sounds fun since I can't get for my life to counter sometimes, and yea I was thinking RP Keeper but I wasn't sure if it was a one time like, if I get hit and lose like hp and than later restore it do I get the dmg boost back or not. Altho I think i should get Killing bonus for those mob runs so I can kill those mobs slightly faster since I just tend to spam my PA's and than switch to dmg boost for when I fight bosses....although level those two sounds like a pain....

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 7, 2016, 09:00 PM
Katana guard ring becomes garbage once you're parrying at will.

Perfect keeper ring is active as long as your HP is at or above the threshold.

Killing bonus should be the first ring you level.

PP convert is worth considering over perfect keeper.

If you can level a class from 1-75, you can level a ring from 1-20

Shirou66
May 7, 2016, 09:23 PM
Since the unit and weapon would most likely change when you go to XH, so I'll divided this into two part

------------------------

WEAPONS :

------------------------

SH part

For SH part use 剣影-NT / ビューレイオブス-NT , you can obtain it from Magatsu for 剣影-NT and ディオサリザニア-NT from Profound Darkness (?),

剣影-NT potential is 7% average stance boost.
No strict restrictions, turn on average stance and you'll get the 7% boost. :-)

ディオサリザニア-NT potential is 5% just attack boost. Requires JAs

ノクスサジェフス-NT(Nox katana?) in the collection file is not bad, you might be able to keep on using it in your XHs, however the potential is not the best. It requires you to do a snatch step JA whenever you want to attack. 14% attack boost does keep whenever you JA continually, but you need to get use to it. ^^;

------------------------

XH part :

When you're able to play XH, most likely you would go for ☆13, so to begin with. Start with アーレス weapons first would be a good idea. 60 stones for one 20 element weapon. Find someone to do ULT with you or go to seasonal emergency quest, Viel Hunar and Anga both drop that.

At the meantime, you should start saving up for オフス, so do quest to get all the items you need for it. ^^;

However 禍刀ラクカ is still a good choice for XH, but it requires skills to trigger heal guard if you want to save up the usage of mates, or if you decided to main it with FI with a limit break build. Which would do the same damage as アーレス with a BR/HU build.
------------------------

Units :

------------------------

グローム is not bad, for SH.
However, it is not going to do as good when you are in XH
so starting of with ファーレン set would be better.
You can keep on using it in XHs until you have a better one to replace it.
(or you can use イデアル set if you want.)

Then later in XH you can try to get one of these

1. オフゼ rear and arm with オービット leg or just any leg that you think would benefit you, this is pretty much the best set for now.
(60 Atk, 190 HP, 30 PP) + オービット (50 HP + 7 PP)

2. a set of ブリサ
(70 Atk, 200 HP, 20 PP)

3. a set of サイキ, which you can craft it and get another 100 HP, or 10 PP for each part if you want, however crafting would lose 150 HP from the set
(60 Atk, 150 HP, 25 PP)

4. Double's set with マガツヒ or Pドライヴ or just any rear that you think would benefit you, however this set doesn't give any attack boost, please be careful
(120 HP, PP 20) + マガツヒ / Pドライヴ (100 HP, 5 PP)

5. カイゼル set with any leg that you think that would benefit you, I'll suggest one that gives HP.
(90 ATK, 30 PP)

6. サイハ set with any arm that you think that would benefit you, I'll suggest one that gives PP.
(90 ATK, 300 HP)

------------------------

Rings :

------------------------

For L rings, L/katana gear guardR would be a good choice, but if you're not a fan of standing in the field guarding and stopping PP regeneration for three second. Then L/short combat might not be bad, however do remember that it stops you from automatically chasing down enemies when you're in katana combat, it depends on your combat style.

Also don't forget to do a L ring for AIS, AIS rings boost doesn't change through out level so get one and put it on while you're using AIS. Take it off when you're not.

For R rings, if you decided to do R/killing bouns, then make sure you do another ring for bosses like Magatsu. I would suggest you to do R/Perfect Keeper Melee(?). Additional damage while HP is 75% above.

R/Critical Strike Melee(?) is not bad, however katana's crit rate is not low, specially when gear is on. So adding crit chance on it might not be as good, specially when the damage boost only counts when it crits.

R/PP converse is not bad if you want to burst out damage in a short period of time. However it is an active skill, which means it does take up a slot in your pallet, also you would have to stop attack for a few seconds to active it

------------------------

I'm not going to talk about the affixes, It would be way to painful for me to explain them ^^;

However you might want to start with something simple to begin
a 3S (60 atk with 70 HP / 7 PP) is perfectly fine already, specially when you don't have much money

Might be better to save money for later when you actually need to buy affixes from store to further enhance your equipment, it actually cost a lot ^^;

Sakura1
May 8, 2016, 10:41 AM
Um no Offense but why didn't you post the names in English o-o......?

Skyly
May 8, 2016, 11:48 AM
Um no Offense but why didn't you post the names in English o-o......?

Just a guess but maybe for visiphone purposes.

Sakura1
May 25, 2016, 12:10 AM
*BUmp*

got so I reached level 66 and got 2/3 Saiki Set ( Still using Nox Katana )
I still haven't affinxty gloam set bc I just for my life survive the idea of RNG lord and plus it sounds expensive Im rather picky and since I dont have AC membership i can't buy those already made in player store which are probably way more expensive and will end up me killing myself so does anyone have any idea if I should Do for the Saiki set? 4 slots? 3? slots if so how can I cinrease my dmg I notice I cant really beat SH bosses which is a shame :V since it takes too long and i guess the lack of def makes me rather dye after 3-5 hits and the lack of dps make me cri since Im only dealing like 10K+ with mai PA's altho its only level 1 but I seen amyn deal like 20K+ so yea thats probably a problem considering im near 70 and I want to reach 70 b4 yamato Collection file is gone since I want that Bullet Bow ; w ;

Shirou66
May 25, 2016, 07:58 AM
First Main Problem,
Never think that affixing is expensive, it really depends on how much you are willing to spend on it. I believe there are a lot of people spend millions meseta on AC scratch items from visiphone, but decided not to do anything with their equipment.

Like I said before, you can do it simple at first, then further enhance it in the future, you can always upgrade your set to another, never feel like your wasting money on units you are probably never gonna use in the future, you never know and even if you are never going to use it, they can always be your fodder for your next unit

------------------------------------

Reaching Lv66 and still not being able to solo a SH boss is a big problem. It means either your weapon or units are not grind, affix good enough or they're simply not suitable for your current difficulty anymore. The worse case would be you mess up something in your skill tree. I'm not going to go through that though.

Lets check it one at a time

Units : Gloam set

It's not bad for early SH, but the main thing is did you wear a whole set? It doesn't have a leg part to become a set, but it doesn't mean you don't need to wear a leg part. If you did wear a leg part, does your leg part is quality enough for SH?

In this current stage you should be prepare for XH units as well. Never have the idea of "I'm going to wait until I got a full set of Saiki then I'm going to change the whole set in XH and affix it as well! but before that, let me wear this non-affixed gloam set forever!"

If you do have problems with affix, go get a set of Ideal for now, it's a 5 slot unit set with Spirit 3 and Stamina 3, gives you 250 HP and 15 PP, grind it, equip it. When you do have a full set of Saiki, use them as fodder. You'd get a total of 400 additional HP for now. Should be acceptable for current state

Later when you're in XH
you can do affix in the most stupid way : http://goo.gl/rWXIsE
Put your Ideal unit as fodder 1 then go buy the rest from visiphone
It's simple but it'll do the job. Won't be that expensive.
You have a base 25 PP for Saiki, so it might be fine if you decide not to affix any on it
You could go craft it EX LV10 and get additional PP or HP as well, so this would be fine if you're OK with it

Weapons : Nox-Katana

It's most likely going to be NT weapons, did you grind it fully? At least 50 element and +32? New generation weapons doesn't work like old type, you don't stop at +10. Make sure you fully grind it.

Also don't just Glen-Delicatessen the crap out of everything, I know people that use Glen-Delicatessen on bosses or mobs no matter what.

Affix : http://goo.gl/4NKQw9

For fodder 1, There's a bunch of these in story board or matter board
You'd find it. Go get the rest from visiphone

If you still manage to get yourself killed by SH bosses after doing the above
You got problems, either you messed up the Skill tree or you really need practice

Temi
May 26, 2016, 11:27 AM
hi i'm in the same boat and not sure how to even get nox jefus.. I just reached level 50, been doing SH border breaker and now i'm level 51. I'm still using a 9 star weapon and would like to upgrade to at least nox jefus but not sure where to find it? Started 2 weeks ago

Sakura1
May 29, 2016, 09:22 PM
hi i'm in the same boat and not sure how to even get nox jefus.. I just reached level 50, been doing SH border breaker and now i'm level 51. I'm still using a 9 star weapon and would like to upgrade to at least nox jefus but not sure where to find it? Started 2 weeks ago

you can get it from the collection file Saiki Revolucu or w.e its called all you have to do is beat level 61+ enemies and fill the bar up and once it reach 100% u go and beat another level 61+ enemy and the nox jefus will drop,,, I actually need another one for the last 10%, didnt feel like starting over bc I already have half of the file filled