PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 English Server Census

Pyromaster
May 8, 2016, 05:49 PM
Im honestly pretty curious (and also not sure if this already exists, but it won't hurt trying), how many of you would actually abandon the PSO2JP server to a fully translated english server IF SEGA actually were to do it.

EDIT: If you feel like it, put the reason (or just justify) what choice you picked.
I'll go first. I have too much stuff, too many hours logged, too many people known, to just up and leave this server.
ANOTHER EDIT: lol i made this thread and i choose the wrong choice. rip I meant NO.

Shadowth117
May 8, 2016, 05:57 PM
No, barring full account transfer and guarantee of full content at that point and forward, it wouldn't be happening. So basically no.

ashley50
May 8, 2016, 06:09 PM
Nope. PSU "experience" was enough for me.

Never again.

Anduril
May 8, 2016, 06:19 PM
Been playing a few months shy of the original release, so, no, no desire to dump the nearly 4 years of playtime I've put into the game.

Totori
May 8, 2016, 06:21 PM
Sure, but I'd coast back and forth anyway. But I'd start putting more time into the english server no doubt.

pkemr4
May 8, 2016, 06:23 PM
wheres the "hell fucking no" choice?

Selphea
If the EN server miraculously launches on Ep4 and they somehow give us access to every old AC scratch item, AND they keep a tight content schedule of 1 month behind JP for 6 months to show they're serious about it and they actually provide customer service in English and let us get AC without jumping through hoops then hey why not.

landman
No "I would play both" option?

Zorak000
May 8, 2016, 06:24 PM
I thought I was locked out of my account once recently; so I thought about if I needed to make a new account, would I still play?

What I would miss:
AC related upgrades like inventory space, mags, skill trees
Crafting achievement progress
Promo things like the itchitaro lobby actions
Outfit collection
The FUN scratch accessories I got no chance at getting again
Austere weapon(s)

But in the end, while I'd miss all that, I know it wouldn't take too much effort to get myself off the ground again.

As long as I got friends to play with, and the content stays up to date with the Japanese server (like maybe a month or two behind at most), I'd make the jump I guess

May 8, 2016, 06:26 PM
Why abandon the JP server at all? If a western server were made, I'd certainly give it a shot. But I'd have no intention on moving there permanently.

I just wish the western release were handled be a third-party MMO company instead of SoA.

pkemr4
May 8, 2016, 06:43 PM
Reminder the compchu gacha law does not apply to US

Enjoy gachas with 13*'s in them less drop rates and meseta earned

arokidaaron
May 8, 2016, 07:33 PM
I'm pretty sure that even if a server comes up. It'll probably follow the direction of TW, TH, and SEA servers. So pretty much no.

Zeroem
May 8, 2016, 07:38 PM
Short answer: No

Long answer: Looking at the past which is called PSU, and present situation which is called SEA(honestly, this is what EN version would probably like); I was just like, "Nope, not worth the energy."

Though, I might visit it for a month or two to see if the translation is as plain bad as SEA was (and maybe openly mock it if the translation's really bad?)

Totori
May 8, 2016, 07:45 PM
Reminder the compchu gacha law does not apply to US

Enjoy gachas with 13*'s in them less drop rates and meseta earned

Even with that in place, I'm sure they wouldn't make the AC shop play to win. Doesn't seem like they would make the jump to something that drastic.

SoA is stupid, but even they know what would kill the game off. They ran PSU decently for a short while until it was getting out of hand.

SteveCZ
May 8, 2016, 08:22 PM
I am more interested on PSO2 offline instead of ("more") english servers.

Dammy
May 8, 2016, 08:50 PM
HELL FUKIN NO

HentaiLolicon
May 8, 2016, 10:13 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoMgnJDXd3k"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoMgnJDXd3k[/SPOILER-BOX]

seilent
May 8, 2016, 10:28 PM
nope. because why yes..? (ノ´∀`*)

risaxseph
May 8, 2016, 10:53 PM
I would say yes but only if conditions are met and they would have to be long and actually have follow through. The main reason why I say yes is as I mentioned in a previous thread; customer support, game management and general overall service. Anyone outside of JP only gets a "Sorry this is JP ONLY!" response from customer support on the JP server and they could likely ban you for even using the English patch. Now the conditions I mentioned would be those already stated; content like how it currently is on JP, actually caring about their userbase and so on.... If that does not happen I might look at it but most likely not move to it since; 4 years of content downt he tubes... Nah...

wefwq
May 9, 2016, 12:13 AM
The poll result looks like a long middle finger.

Anyway, i doubt people who already logged in like 2.000 hours will abandon JP server that easy, or at least they'll only play at both server before actually put their hope for EN server rest in peace.
Some of us maybe even played for like 10.000 hours on JP alone, i doubt that they want to start fresh especially if reminded of "that part" that they don't like.

Gaylar
May 9, 2016, 12:43 AM
I'd play both.

I'd stick to whichever one stuck around the longest. (Likely the JP server)

The only way I'm quitting the JP server is if SEGA imposes an IP block due to the release of a western server and as a result also starts banning accounts that bypass that block to play on the JP servers.

sparab
May 9, 2016, 01:02 AM
SEGA imposes an IP block due to the release of a western server and as a result also starts banning accounts that bypass that block to play on the JP servers.

Would be a good excuse to quit EQarks life if that happens, alas.

[Ayumi]
May 9, 2016, 01:50 AM
Won't be up to date with Japan.
Will have features removed.
Will have certain collab things removed.
Won't be able to move character(s) to other server.
No point playing on another server when it's pretty much the same game anyway.

So while I picked no, I meant "You think I'm fucking stupid enough to do something that idiotic? Fuck that shit. Hell no. I would not fucking do it. I'm not masochistic enough to fall into that bullshit. Fuck no."
But, I guess no is okay too.

I'd play both.

I'd stick to whichever one stuck around the longest. (Likely the JP server)

The only way I'm quitting the JP server is if SEGA imposes an IP block due to the release of a western server and as a result also starts banning accounts that bypass that block to play on the JP servers.

Would be a good excuse to quit EQarks life if that happens, alas.

Yeah, if they did that I woudl be 10000% done with PSO2 until a private server came up (or a mod to play it offline. I would like to play it offline.)

IchijinKali
May 9, 2016, 02:13 AM
Simple answer no.

Detailed Answer
[SPOILER-BOX]First and foremost B20 NEVER FORGET. What went on in that block will be what goes on a good chunk of the time in most blocks, maybe, so no thanks.

Second the losses you would deal with if you were already playing on the Japan servers.
Would you really abandon a server that you have 4 characters on and have over 2500 hours of playtime combined just to start fresh with no real reason to besides 'oh look it has been released in the West.'? Meaning you lose levels, PAs, Techs, gear, story progress, costumes, voices, stickers, hairstyles, accessories, body paint, and eye styles I mean this is Fashion Star Online 2 right?

Third it will go one of two routes regarding the release and future updates.
1 start from square one all the benefits Japan players are enjoying such as a main class and sub class will be gone which will probably be another PSU fiasco.
Or 2 they start the West near the point Japan is at meaning all of those new players who never played PSO2 might get alienated by quite a few things that are basic to us now, builds, mag leveling, DOs, TACOs, SHAQs, Crafting, Class Combos, XQs, EQs, Expos, Grinding, Techs, PAs, Affixing, and Trials. Those that leave the Japan server to join the West one might end up leaving too because of how all the new players are not all that good at the game and are constantly dragging them down.

Fourth what I believe is quite important.
I asked AIDA what they would do if the game was released in the West. Would they continue to translate or stop altogether. Their answer was continue to translate. That means, to me at least, we could still get the translations and continue to enjoy the easier time Sega has with collaborations with other companies for content outside of Sega's properties. Done in the West those benefits will have alot more problems and may end being ignored altogether.[/SPOILER-BOX]

SilkaN
May 9, 2016, 03:09 AM
No, I wouldn't want to start over on English servers.
It'd be heavily butchered by censo- localization (pardon me, my progressive friends) and I don't want that.

However, if there was an English version, PSOW could easily avoid more of these threads. That would be really nice.

otakun
May 9, 2016, 05:06 AM
You'd probably have better luck running a private server over an official English language server. Just look at the SEA version. lol.

BortaMagaNFS
May 9, 2016, 06:25 AM
I will move there IF:

> That English server has the exact same content as the JP unlike the SEA server
> I can move my character and items there without starting over (if i can't, i'll still play there to get informations about the story and other information that are still untranslated in JP if it met the first condition)
> SEGA supports it like making the english version of the trailer announcements.

Although i don't think it can meet those 3 conditions at all, i still vote for "depend" option.

Achelousaurus
May 9, 2016, 06:57 AM
I'm kinda torn. There is a hell lot of BS with playing this game on the Japanese servers and lack of English translation is easily the least of my worries.

I also am at the point where I get easily bored cause I've done most there is to do and just getting more stuff is only amusing for so long.

Still, western servers would be ages behind (though rapid updates until close to jp version would fix that) and starting from scratch sounds painful at best.

I'd play if there was an ideal version where I get to keep select parts of my account but not others, I'd play.
Actually might even work if was something like keep my stuff that existed until x date.
Now, of course playing on jp servers even though Sega doesn't condone it would mean there will never be an account transfer of any kind, so I kinda doubt would actually play more than a little on a western server.

vbetts
May 9, 2016, 07:05 AM
Nope. Too much time and effort invested in my current accounts.

Even if there was an option to transfer accounts from JP to a Western server, You still face chances that the western server is going to be behind on content at some point.

SteveCZ
May 9, 2016, 07:08 AM
... (though rapid updates until close to jp version would fix that) ...

SEA/TW/TH folks are like, "Sigh..."

TaigaUC
May 9, 2016, 07:15 AM
I'm also bored to hell too.
SEGA is still focusing super hard on extremely minor character strength improvements.
For nearly two years now, most of the new content they throw at us is "new 13 stars!" despite the fact that almost all the 13 stars are roughly equal in strength.
I don't want to spend my whole life gambling at a chance to obtain 13 stars to be slightly stronger in every different situation.

It's not fun.

Not to mention that every 13 star takes millions to grind and affix.
I'd rather spend my hard-earned Meseta on new outfits instead.
At least outfits are more unique and can be used anywhere.

lunamaniac
May 9, 2016, 07:17 AM
I'm also bored to hell too.
SEGA is still focusing super hard on extremely minor character strength improvements.
Almost all the new content they throw at us is "new 13 stars!" despite the fact that almost all the 13 stars are roughly equal in strength.
I don't want to spend my whole life gambling at a chance to obtain 13 stars to be slightly stronger in every different situation.

It's not fun.

I like this direction as opposed to linear progression. I'd love it if they should introduce 13*s with more interesting quirks.

TaigaUC
May 9, 2016, 07:27 AM
The whole problem is wasting time farming for 13 stars by doing the same old content over and over.
I'm not interested in redoing literally 1 to 4 year old content just to get slightly new/different crap.

I would much prefer something new to DO.
Not something new to get, by doing everything old over and over and over and over.
When I think about my time wasted on WoW, at least WoW didn't add new items to old dungeons.
It was always new content+new items.

Just to be clear, I don't care about progression. At all.
I just want something new to do. Not something new to aim for.

On a related note, I tried PD today during JP afternoon time.
Multis consisting mostly of EN players were very weak and slow. Mostly JP player multis were very strong and fast.
Some things never change, I guess.
Also looked like a lot of EN players were Braver.
Didn't really look at their gear or what they were doing. Probably Guren spam.

sparab
May 9, 2016, 08:52 AM
Multis consisting mostly of EN players were very weak and slow. Mostly JP player multis were very strong and fast.

Most JP leechers have migrated to other ships. If you play PUG on JP ships they aren't any better than ship2. Also take account for PS4 plague

wefwq
May 9, 2016, 10:19 AM
Not to mention that every 13 star takes millions to grind and affix.
I'd rather spend my hard-earned Meseta on new outfits instead.
At least outfits are more unique and can be used anywhere.
You'd still gambling buying clothes that don't look too good on your character or chance of clipping with other stuff you wear.

Qualia
May 9, 2016, 10:30 AM
On a related note, I tried PD today during JP afternoon time.
Some things never change, I guess.
Also looked like a lot of EN players were Braver.
Didn't really look at their gear or what they were doing. Probably Guren spam.

If I'm able to do top damage in random Magatsu MPAs as a katana braver, you know something's wrong.

gabor100
May 9, 2016, 12:01 PM
If EU/NA version means that it will last the same amount of years as the JP version then YES i want it.

Example: We get EU/NA in 2018, JP shuts down in 2020 and EU/NA shuts down in 2026.

BWS-1
May 9, 2016, 12:37 PM
The poll result looks like a long middle finger.

Anyway, i doubt people who already logged in like 2.000 hours will abandon JP server that easy,.

and I doubt anyone who would WANT to play on an EN server even bothers coming here anymore (read: a place most entirely dedicated to JP PSO2 players [where, of all places, definitely seems like the most likely wherr "no" on such a poll would end up the LEAST likely to be picked]).

Z-0
May 9, 2016, 01:14 PM
There's a lot of people who'd like an English release (for reasons that the JP Server isn't going to satisfy, and no, it's not "to be in English"), but the question itself was kind of worded badly --

"Would you ditch the JP servers for an EN server?"

It's not exactly asking if you'd like to see an EN server, though I guess there would be correlation between the two groups.

[Ayumi]
May 9, 2016, 01:57 PM
You'd still gambling buying clothes that don't look too good on your character or chance of clipping with other stuff you wear.

You can always alter your accessories in the salon though.
That's what I do with each outfit that I want my backpack with. Or hat with certain hairs.

RadiantLegend
May 9, 2016, 02:21 PM

Never again.

Exactly

Pyromaster
May 9, 2016, 02:31 PM

Never again.
I'm seeing alot of this in the thread, what happened with PSU? (Sorry, my first Phantasy star game was PSP2)

Zeota
May 9, 2016, 02:39 PM
Definitely not, for reasons already stated. Inferior product is inferior. It'll be just like PSOBB and subsequently PSU. Though I may make a brief cameo to holler at a few "waiter" friends that couldn't be bothered to jump through some of the hoops with the JP servers.

BWS-1
May 9, 2016, 03:05 PM
I'm seeing alot of this in the thread, what happened with PSU? (Sorry, my first Phantasy star game was PSP2)

Sony screwed SEGA over, that's what. It's more than just a matter of "the West being behind because SEGA LOVES JAPAN", if anything, it might not even have been that entirely; Sony requirements to pass certification for quality kept delaying any and every little (and big[ger]) updates with PSU. And since PSU PC was TIED to PSU PS2, it meant that the PC version was stuck having to wait for Sony's "ok" to also roll with the content.

TaigaUC
May 9, 2016, 03:55 PM
That doesn't explain what I heard about the Xbox version going to hell as well, though.

I was in one Magatsu a while back where a Katana Braver topped damage meters by a huge mile.
That's the only time I've ever seen a Katana Braver topping DPS anywhere. Dunno why it's such a rare thing.

You mean because of how the preview window sucks? Or you're talking about AC scratch?
I don't buy AC because it never gives me what I want.

At least outfits were resellable before. Can't even get rid of all these 13 stars I don't use/don't need.

Yamishi
May 9, 2016, 05:47 PM
I'd move to the EN servers if account transfers existed.

Tyaph
May 9, 2016, 06:02 PM
For me it'd honestly depend on where it starts. I wouldn't play unless it was on at least EP4 or at least close to it. After that it would depend on smaller things like censorship, payment model in comparison to JP, and whether they'd localize the smartphone/ps4 version as well. I probably still wouldnt abandon the JP server outright, as I've gotten attached to my character over the past 3 years.

Neith
May 9, 2016, 06:15 PM
No way. I've invested far too much time into the JP servers now and I wouldn't want to run a repeat of what happened with PSOBB/PSU. Even if US PSO2 did ever release (which I highly doubt, that interview was an extremely vague response) it'd probably be behind in content and get shut down before JP PSO2 does.

On a slightly more positive note, the other reason I wouldn't drop JP PSO2 is because it's a fun way of remembering some Japanese when I'm not studying Anki/Genki/Tae Kim.

Rupikachu
May 9, 2016, 07:01 PM
Rupi would sit at a distance and watch while eating photon popcorn, while drama unfolds. Maybe level a char if jp pso2 is still boring as it's been since ep4

[Ayumi]
May 9, 2016, 07:04 PM
That doesn't explain what I heard about the Xbox version going to hell as well, though.

I was in one Magatsu a while back where a Katana Braver topped damage meters by a huge mile.
That's the only time I've ever seen a Katana Braver topping DPS anywhere. Dunno why it's such a rare thing.

You mean because of how the preview window sucks? Or you're talking about AC scratch?
I don't buy AC because it never gives me what I want.

At least outfits were resellable before. Can't even get rid of all these 13 stars I don't use/don't need.

Yeah... I used to think the same was the deal with the PC version when I played on that.. (also found it weird the PS2 version had voice clips when I played on there that the PC didn't have when I would switch wihch version I played back and forth)
Then... later on I moved to the 360 version and yeah... was if I recall like 10 months behind and even when the time came to get stuff that was like on the PSP games or GC or ccertain items and such.... never came.
Many people (especially Japanese players) were pissed.

sparab
May 9, 2016, 08:02 PM
Even in JP, people consider PSU as one of the worst in the series.
The way sega handled it received as much criticism as the game itself and was honored as the most shitty game of the year.

...can't blame sega america for everything I suppose

TaigaUC
May 9, 2016, 09:45 PM
I hated that PSU didn't have a play as your own character thing from the get-go.
Huge cities with nothing in them, lots of slow loading and it felt like the customization was poor.
Really didn't like the story and characters and setting, or anything really. So disappointing.
Hated it so much that I never tried Ambition of Illuminatus or whatever the hell it's called.

Zyrusticae
May 9, 2016, 10:00 PM
I played PSU post-AOTI. I found it to be pretty decent, if strewn with massive balance issues, a tiny player base, and a heavy reliance on event missions (just like PSO2, heh). The biggest issue was, yeah, the fact that the game's update schedule was basically nonexistent over here. In the age of the Internet, where we can find out just how far behind we actually are, that was, of course, completely unacceptable.

I still managed to put in a cool 2000 hours into the game by the time it shut down, however. Well, 2000 hours on the clock anyways - half of that may well have been AFK/social time. I'm just a sucker for any game that lets me swing big huge laser axes while playing as a tiny little tomboy.

Speaking of - I wonder if PSO3 is in the cards yet? An iteration of PSO2 that cleans up all the extraneous bits and iterates on the systems that work would be very welcome. Especially if they do it after Pascal and Polaris release, as then we'll have a major hardware upgrade even in laptops. Then again, they JUST released it on PS4, so we'll probably be stuck with it for awhile longer.

I wish they'd just drop Vita support like they dropped PS2 support for PSU... that'd be nice. It's probably on its last legs as it is. (I have similar sentiments for FFXIV's PS3 support. Ancient machines need not hold us back.)

StarEX
May 9, 2016, 10:12 PM
No, barring full account transfer and guarantee of full content at that point and forward, it wouldn't be happening. So basically no.
yup he take the word right out of my mouth so big no

Zorak000
May 9, 2016, 11:54 PM
Well of course we here on psow wouldn't bother with NA official; but if it just popped up in Steam's New Releases one day there would already be far more people trying it out than our voices here.

Meteor Weapon
May 10, 2016, 05:00 AM
I wish they'd just drop Vita support like they dropped PS2 support for PSU... that'd be nice. It's probably on its last legs as it is. (I have similar sentiments for FFXIV's PS3 support. Ancient machines need not hold us back.)

If they did that half the JP players who played on that would stop playing the game, yh some of my JP friends continue playing on that despite knowing how crappy it is and also the fact that they don't really have a good pc to play the game.

starwind75043
May 10, 2016, 08:08 AM
I just think to get a English server you will have to accept a inferior product to what Japan would have, like sea. Thats not very interesting to me