PDA

View Full Version : Ship 4 lockdown?

TheszNuts
May 11, 2016, 02:05 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=8883

Am I reading this right and theyre saying they put ship 4 on lock from making new char/migrating?

As well as them suggesting new players start on ship 2?

jooozek
May 11, 2016, 02:08 AM
it's about time they nuke us :wacko:

BWS-1
May 11, 2016, 02:13 AM
*uses google translate on page*

"If you want to create a new character, a relatively congested Ship02 we recommend the creation in."

... wait, what?

SteveCZ
May 11, 2016, 02:28 AM
Ship 4 is like almost every night (JST) being full. Usually it never goes red on weekdays, but now it does since the PS4 release. Guess that's the idea. I really wish they could expand ship 4 capacity exclusively though. *selfish* :wacko:

EDIT: OH WHAT, THEY RECOMMEND SHIP 2? That's a slap to those who didn't want to be in ship 2 and only want ship 4, lool.

ShinMegamiSensei
May 11, 2016, 02:37 AM
It's what games do all the time, recommend the lower populated servers, sometimes even offering incentives to those that migrate/start on them.

edit: did it at least once before for ship 1 too (http://www.bumped.org/psublog/ship-1-is-full-pso2-vita-cm-future-changes/). :p

BWS-1
May 11, 2016, 02:41 AM
It's what games do all the time, recommend the lower populated servers, sometimes even offering incentives to those that migrate/start on them.

I don't know how "relatively congested" is supposed to come off as "the lower populated". Unless, of all other ships, it's really the least congested...

jooozek
May 11, 2016, 02:46 AM
I don't know how "relatively congested" is supposed to come off as "the lower populated". Unless, of all other ships, it's really the least congested...

because google translate is reliable, yeah

Zeroem
May 11, 2016, 02:48 AM
On a good side, ship 2 should have population increase. Meaning more chances to build connection with new players (and maybe JP to non JP players). On a bad news, lag and increase exposure of Tweaker to playerbase, which might bite us later on.

BWS-1
May 11, 2016, 02:49 AM
because google translate is reliable, yeah

relatively reliable

SteveCZ
May 11, 2016, 03:02 AM
Unless, of all other ships, it's really the least congested...

It does actually say that. Another Google Translate victim. :(

BWS-1
May 11, 2016, 03:10 AM
It does actually say that. Another Google Translate victim. :(

sumimasen, nihongo-ga dekimasen... googlelu-no WATASHI ONLY HOPE-desu.

SteveCZ
May 11, 2016, 03:14 AM
I am also one of them, though.. hence "Another". :(

BWS-1
May 11, 2016, 03:23 AM
I am also one of them, though.. hence "Another". :(

And what pains me the most is that they ask ME if I want to improve the translation... LIKE HELL YEA I DO, but I -sincerely- don't think I'm in a position to improve said translation as I'm sitting here REQUIRING translation!

*ahem*

anyway, glad the confusion got taken cared of

Dammy
May 11, 2016, 04:11 AM
finally

Alenoir
May 11, 2016, 04:43 AM

If this says anything... (http://i.imgur.com/0kmJdfw.png) Time stamp 20160423_093400.

arokidaaron
May 11, 2016, 04:51 AM
Pfff that's nothing compared tho this. This was taken 4 days ago.

[spoiler-box]
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/152493859899703298/178508518310019072/unknown.png
[/spoiler-box]

Edit: Ship 1 was full that time too.

Xaeris
May 11, 2016, 05:21 AM
Honestly, looking at that kinda bums me out. You just know that's cause of the foreigner presence.

risaxseph
May 11, 2016, 05:21 AM
Gotta love that bad translation

Somebody set up us the bomb....

So it makes sense that Japanese to English translation by a computer comes out to

Hug we do long time.

Meteor Weapon
May 11, 2016, 05:27 AM
On a good side, ship 2 should have population increase. Meaning more chances to build connection with new players (and maybe JP to non JP players). On a bad news, lag and increase exposure of Tweaker to playerbase, which might bite us later on.

Not gonna happen as long as the quarantine zone known as B1(which is the beginners block, unfortunately) still infested and most likely chase new JP's players away even more.

SteveCZ
May 11, 2016, 05:37 AM
New JP player gets in Ship 2.
New JP player automatically spawn at Beginner block, B001.
New JP player sees massive English chat way before his/her character stepped on the block.
New JP player deletes character.
New JP player creates new character on Ship N where N is not equal to 4 and 2.

Dammy
May 11, 2016, 05:38 AM
do you guys remember how they did the same to ship02 during CBT ?

Not gonna happen as long as the quarantine zone known as B1(which is the beginners block, unfortunately) still infested and most likely chase new JP's players away even more.

nah , its has nothing to do with b01
japanese players suggest to new players avoid ship02 because its "foreigners ship"
i think the only way to increase it's population is free transfer from other ships ( at least lost/poor gaijins from other ships can migrate to mainland LUL ) combined with few campaigns

SteveCZ
May 11, 2016, 05:41 AM

Assuming they sign up without friend or internet references, that's what may happen.

aiMute
May 11, 2016, 06:45 AM
japanese players suggest to new players avoid ship02 because its "foreigners ship"
i think the only way to increase it's population is free transfer from other ships ( at least lost/poor gaijins from other ships can migrate to mainland LUL ) combined with few campaigns
And those who might want to play on international ship will be met by penis spam and other cancer of B-01...
Why did those fuckers moved to b1 and not some other block? I wish I could report and ban them.

Z-0
May 11, 2016, 07:00 AM
Most likely because new players automatically went to B1, and players moved there to help them and just stuck around.

TaigaUC
May 11, 2016, 07:12 AM
Haha. I never thought I'd see SEGA recommend JP people play on Ship02.

SteveCZ
May 11, 2016, 07:43 AM
Welps, 3 ships are congested, the rest are full, except ship 2, the only one that is still green.

arokidaaron
May 11, 2016, 08:47 AM
All are full except ship 2 RIP. During the EQ my bad.

Achelousaurus
May 11, 2016, 09:15 AM
Honestly, looking at that kinda bums me out. You just know that's cause of the B1 presence.
Fixed.

Haha. I never thought I'd see SEGA recommend JP people play on Ship02.
Sega can't ban us.
If Sega could just ban us all (ip ban, etc.) they would have done so already once the ship 2 exodus came around.
But they'd lose too much money cause there are still a bunch of gaijin paying them and that's far better than maybe, possibly new jp players that maybe, possibly pay them later on.

Thinking of it, server lag is friggin huge at times on ship 2. I'd imagine when ship 4 is full, eqs are actually gonna be faster on ship 2 cause ship 4 lag will be ridiculous.

SteveCZ
May 11, 2016, 11:15 AM
ship 4 lag will be ridiculous.

Nope. Not a bit. Unable to hunt block though as free player (literally stuck on wherever you spawned when logged in). ):

Selphea
May 11, 2016, 11:32 AM
That's actually a good problem to have for a 4-year-old game. Instead of server mergers, they need server expansion, but somehow they're too cheap to do that.

Z-0
May 11, 2016, 11:34 AM
Sega can't ban us.
If Sega could just ban us all (ip ban, etc.) they would have done so already once the ship 2 exodus came around.
But they'd lose too much money cause there are still a bunch of gaijin paying them and that's far better than maybe, possibly new jp players that maybe, possibly pay them later on.
Yes they can, and I think you're overestimating the amount of money foreigners put into the game. Chances are it's less than 1% of what Japanese players do.

They don't ban us because new people who have issues with foreign people just move to another ship since we just contain ourselves, but if there was only one server or it was a free-for-all, I'm pretty sure there would be action taken like other games where foreigners start to detract from the experience.

TaigaUC
May 11, 2016, 06:38 PM
Yes, SEGA can ban us.

Virtually every foreign online game I've played, foreigners always insisted "they can't ban us, we're throwing tons of money at them! Money talks!"
And then we all got perm banned, because most foreigners can't behave decently. Cheating, hacking, spamming, farming, real money trading. The works.
SEGA is no different. If they have enough reason to, they will get rid of us.
They got rid of China, remember? And they got rid of SEA.

But even if they ban us, it doesn't mean people will go back to ship 2, since it costs money and they're probably happy where they are now.

EvilMag
May 11, 2016, 06:40 PM
well to be fair they do make money off of us. As in the money the masses use to ship transfer out of ship2.

Xaeris
May 11, 2016, 06:42 PM
Nope. Not a bit. Unable to hunt block though as free player (literally stuck on wherever you spawned when logged in). ):

I found this on reddit. This is what Ship 4 looked like this morning, apparently.

[spoiler-box]https://i.gyazo.com/6ddcd3ffdedccf115bebaa9a342c1872.gif[/spoiler-box]

CocoCrispy
May 11, 2016, 06:48 PM
So what you're saying is, Sega is locking down a popular ship and promoting ship 2 in order to use the gaijins to scare off new customers to buy a ship transfer?

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/BPZNxRn.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]

SteveCZ
May 11, 2016, 08:47 PM
I found this on reddit. This is what Ship 4 looked like this morning, apparently.

[spoiler-box]https://i.gyazo.com/6ddcd3ffdedccf115bebaa9a342c1872.gif[/spoiler-box]

Yup exactly like that. It's common for Ship 4 to be like this on every new EQ btw.

This is what ship 4 was like too on profound darkness EQ:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/hYum0oY.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

So what you're saying is, Sega is locking down a popular ship and promoting ship 2 in order to use the gaijins to scare off new customers to buy a ship transfer?

Didn't see this idea coming! GOOD JOB. :-o

Meteor Weapon
May 11, 2016, 10:09 PM

You know they could just delete their newly made character and start a new one on another ship, right?

CocoCrispy
May 11, 2016, 11:02 PM
You know they could just delete their newly made character and start a new one on another ship, right?

I never asked for logic when I signed up for this game.

TaigaUC
May 12, 2016, 04:11 AM
Hopefully they will end up doing away with the block system somehow.

isCasted
May 12, 2016, 04:56 AM

...b-b-b-but I played 10 hours and I'm level 65! I don't wanna lose all that progress!

(Unless that's not a thing with Japanese people)

Hopefully they will end up doing away with the block system somehow.

Everyone would want that, but at this point they would have to redo at least half the codebase to make it happen. It's a kind of change that needs more effort than a new graphics setting, and you can't use such a change as a selling point.

SteveCZ
May 12, 2016, 09:14 AM
I can't even get into any block right now in ship 4 even when I'm premium. lol.

Dammy
May 12, 2016, 10:19 AM
that's why they did it

TaigaUC
May 12, 2016, 10:22 AM
I dunno about being unable to use as a selling point.

"Be able to play with friends without worrying about full block kicking you random places and having to camp out hours beforehand bullshit!"
That's pretty attractive to me.

Must be nice to pay premium and can't even play.

SteveCZ
May 12, 2016, 10:49 AM
I still got 2 runs though. But definitely not a single XH run if I'm a free player.

Zyrusticae
May 12, 2016, 11:10 AM
The thing about the block system is that it's basically infinitely extendable.

Don't need to add new "ships". Just throw on more blocks on top of the ones that are already there. Spin up more server shards, add them (the connection info, block labels, etc.) to the client, BAM, done.

Of course, this is something they'd reeaaally rather do as a last resort, because

A. it's costly, and
B. adding more blocks to a ship that's already full means adding to the knock-on effect that contributed to that ship being full in the first place (i.e. "my friends are there, so I'm gonna roll there too"), hence their recommendation to roll on ship 2.

If Ship 2 ever stops being green during prime time, that may be the time they start throwing on more blocks. But not until then.