PDA

View Full Version : Regarding 3-button and 2-button option

HeyItsTHK
May 12, 2016, 06:48 PM
Is it possible to set 3 button for non PA combo classes and keep 2 button for PA combo classes? Without having to switch between the two in options (and wiping PA loadouts)?

3 button is a dream for techs, and ranger PAs and the like, but I can't fully wrap my muscle memory around it for like hunter, fighter and gunner.

Rainoffire
May 12, 2016, 07:00 PM
Currently there is no option for it.
3-Button layout works well for my Braver though.

Altiea
May 12, 2016, 07:00 PM
Is it possible to set 3 button for non PA combo classes and keep 2 button for PA combo classes? Without having to switch between the two in options (and wiping PA loadouts)?

3 button is a dream for techs, and ranger PAs and the like, but I can't fully wrap my muscle memory around it for like hunter, fighter and gunner.

Nope. One or the other.

Also, try Quick Questions thread, they handle this kind of stuff.

ShinMegamiSensei
May 12, 2016, 10:45 PM
If you want, you can save sets as each layout type and then change your options when you load that class... It's an annoyance but it'll work.

I play on PC and Vita so I need two different sets.
For example
1. BrHu (PC)
2. BrHu (Vita)

You would just name them 3 button or 2 button instead.

You have to have the right button layout active when you load it from the my set counter or itll be totally blank, but the information IS saved.

Flaoc
May 12, 2016, 11:58 PM
what? melee classes and gunner benefit the MOST from this.. old combo system is utter garbage

nguuuquaaa
May 13, 2016, 12:17 AM
How to S-Roll using 3-button? I suck at S-Roll even using old 2-button and now I cannot use GU anymore.
Also, FI benefits THE MOST from 3-button. We can rotate 2 PAs for TAJAB now instead of 3.

ZerotakerZX
May 13, 2016, 12:52 AM
I did it with Xpadder. There is an option where you can make one button work as two (or more), one after another as you press it again and again.

Shinamori
May 13, 2016, 04:57 AM
I'd love it if the 3 button system worked like the two button system where one button would cycle through all PAs.

thehondachef
May 13, 2016, 02:02 PM
I use 3-button as a DB BO, and within a day I was playing better than before. I use a DS4 though. No idea how that would work on KB&M.

TaigaUC
May 13, 2016, 02:36 PM
My setup:
Left Mouse = PA1
Right Mouse = PA2
Shift/Middle Mouse = PA3 (weapon action)
R = palette reverse side

It's a little annoying to hold R while moving and doing certain PAs.
Otherwise it works. Would be better if we could use Ctrl or Alt.

Stormwalker
May 13, 2016, 03:05 PM
3-button has completely revolutionized the way I play Gunner. I'm still adapting to it on Fighter (Because I was levelling Bouncer on Alessandra and only just started playing Fighter again), but I can already tell it will be just as great once I adapt.

Flaoc
May 13, 2016, 03:49 PM
I'd love it if the 3 button system worked like the two button system where one button would cycle through all PAs.

u fucking wot m8

http://res.cloudinary.com/urbandictionary/image/upload/a_exif,c_fit,h_200,w_200/v1396227695/zjxrie5ljfnmbvznhdqh.jpg

Stormwalker
May 13, 2016, 06:03 PM

The fact that it doesn't work like the two button system is exactly the thing that makes it good.

The 3-button system is vastly more flexible.

TaigaUC
May 13, 2016, 08:33 PM
Would have been better if we could have a separate button for Weapon Action, or be able to use Ctrl and Alt in customization.
Separate button for Weapon Action would be vastly better.

Shinamori
May 13, 2016, 08:44 PM
The fact that it doesn't work like the two button system is exactly the thing that makes it good.

The 3-button system is vastly more flexible.

Dunno, just doesn't work for me.

wefwq
May 13, 2016, 10:53 PM
The fact that i can't remap AIS palette button are bugging the hell out of me.
Since AIS action differ on each EQ type, it felt very inconsistent when using 3 button type.

TaigaUC
May 13, 2016, 11:24 PM
Yeeeeeeeeees.

echofaith10
May 14, 2016, 01:00 AM
Would have been better if we could have a separate button for Weapon Action, or be able to use Ctrl and Alt in customization.
Separate button for Weapon Action would be vastly better.

This is my main problem. I play with controller, and aside from certain combos like volg graptor and such, I normally play with all 3 slots having the same PA with the old system.
The new system had potential to let me have at least 2 different PAs and the normal attack button in a single pallete, but I still have to sacrifice 1 slot for the weapon action, making it the same as I play now.

I am aware you have 2 pairs of 3 actions(total of 6) which can be rotated like Force and Rangers weapon action, but needing an extra button, and switching in middle of a combo just makes the whole thing cumbersome and a pain to use for me. I really want them to make weapon action separate like always, but I doubt thats a possibility.

doomdragon83
May 14, 2016, 02:06 AM
I use the 360 controller myself, default controls worked for me, but default 3 button controls needed changing. I used to use left thumbstick button to bring up the map since it was unassigned by default but with 3 button controls, I have it set as my 3rd action. A bit awkward at first but it still works, less so for charging techniques. RB used to be weapon action but I set it as the palette swap so it feels more natural to me. Back button used to bring up the quick menu but it's my new map button now.