PDA

View Full Version : 5/19 Emergency Maintenance

Evangelion X.XX
May 19, 2016, 08:01 AM
Emergency Maintenance on 5/19 at 22:05 Japan time.

Reason: Serious Bugs.

Horo The Wise Wolf
May 19, 2016, 08:04 AM
I hate it when ants get into the server room...

oratank
May 19, 2016, 08:05 AM
so long yamato

EvilMag
May 19, 2016, 08:07 AM
did they fuck up and add something like modulator to the yamato drop tables?

Aine
May 19, 2016, 08:10 AM
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28877582

A bug with grinding NT weapons, apparently. I haven't even touched the new system so I dunno how it works.

otakun
May 19, 2016, 08:13 AM
Can definitely see that being an emergency maint issue.

SteveCZ
May 19, 2016, 08:14 AM
Guys, the (bug) Darkers are COMING!!!

NightlightPro
May 19, 2016, 08:15 AM
fix the lag

Shinmarizu
May 19, 2016, 08:17 AM
Yeah, that's a bad.

Basically you stuff weapons into other weapons to increase grind levels. The bug is allowing weapons to go from 0 to 30 without stopping at 10 or 20 first (on a single input!) - but it seems that the system won't allow it to work.

edit: They're not going to fix the lag. They're going to fix the systems that force you to work harder, not make things easier for you.

vbetts
May 19, 2016, 08:18 AM
Ah, I've been too busy playing Doom. Tried to log on to take a break and there's maintenance.

Good job Sega, good to know you care about fixing errors(oh the sarcasm)!

Aine
http://i.imgur.com/EsGnb55.jpg

kek

NephyrisX
I don't mind moar compensation.

So happy I did my Dailies before the EM.

EvilMag
May 19, 2016, 08:20 AM

kek

I..just..how the FUCK DID THAT GET PASS QA? Did this bug become a thing after the maintenance this week?

vbetts
May 19, 2016, 08:23 AM
Holy ball sack.

A LOT HAS HAPPENED SINCE DOOM CAME OUT IS YAMATO EVEN RELEVANT ANYMORE?!!!!!!!

Zeroem
May 19, 2016, 08:23 AM

kek

*slow clap* Sasuga SEGA.

Sirius-91
May 19, 2016, 08:24 AM
fix the lag

You mean the lag that only affects us foreigners?

dr apocalipsis
May 19, 2016, 08:24 AM
So no word on fixing the server timeouts.

Nice.

otakun
May 19, 2016, 08:25 AM
I..just..how the FUCK DID THAT GET PASS QA? Did this bug become a thing after the maintenance this week?

I've maxed out 2 13* NT weapons and boosted other 13*s never run into this issue. That probably why it wasn't noticed. It's not effecting everyone.

IronKrone
May 19, 2016, 08:27 AM
I've maxed out 2 13* NT weapons and boosted other 13*s never run into this issue. That probably why it wasn't noticed. It's not effecting everyone.

I heard that you have to use macro for it or something, which is probably why most people weren't aware of it.

wefwq
May 19, 2016, 08:29 AM

kek
I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶q̶u̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶s̶t̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶p̶i̶c̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶s̶i̶d̶e̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶s̶s̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶E̶X̶P̶ ̶f̶l̶o̶o̶d̶,̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶l̶a̶i̶n̶?̶
aww shiet nevermind.

Seems like Voila make it's way to PSO2 dev office room or something.

vbetts
May 19, 2016, 08:29 AM
You mean the lag that only affects us foreigners?

ya thet 1

Achelousaurus
May 19, 2016, 08:31 AM
Lol
But if you don't stop at 10/20, do you even get a potential? Or do you end up with a weapon that has no potential and can never get one?

Aine
May 19, 2016, 08:34 AM
According to the guy who spread it on twitter, you get a 630 but when you log in again the weapon is fully upgraded at +35 with element 60.

ShinMegamiSensei
May 19, 2016, 08:37 AM
Yes the bug that only affects foreigners that Japanese players also complain about experiencing, on twitter. :roll:

cheapgunner
May 19, 2016, 08:43 AM
Was ready to do another round of Yamato but eh, I can play something else in the meantime. Also just realized last run that a 100% triboost is in effect for 30 min after the EQ is over. A nice gift to go and kill lv 71+ Zeshys and get my 4th tagamikouga knuckles.

Vatallus
May 19, 2016, 08:49 AM
I have also been told you needed a macro to achieve this. What I don't get is if what Aine says is true and it comes out at +35... why does the game forget the rules for grinding past +30 but only in this instance? Or are you somehow feeding the weapon itself? That screenshot kinda confuses me. It looks like you are feeding the rifle itself multiple times?

arokidaaron
May 19, 2016, 08:58 AM
I have also been told you needed a macro to achieve this. What I don't get is if what Aine says is true and it comes out at +35... why does the game forget the rules for grinding past +30 but only in this instance? Or are you somehow feeding the weapon itself? That screenshot kinda confuses me. It looks like you are feeding the rifle itself multiple times?

You are feeding the weapon itself multiple times. Which made it possible to get it to +35 with 60 element, basing from the video and the image.

jooozek
May 19, 2016, 09:44 AM
�� SEGAC ��

TehCubey
May 19, 2016, 10:37 AM
http://38.media.tumblr.com/a33f629ea42e30c10b2ed646a53d53f9/tumblr_na5xgqLDbc1qfwchqo1_500.gif

Dia79
May 19, 2016, 10:42 AM
i wonder how much time this will take

blanc1990
May 19, 2016, 10:44 AM
i wonder how much time this will take

same. and hoping lag will be removed too!

Yden
May 19, 2016, 10:52 AM
same. and hoping lag will be removed too!

The issue about the lag is that it's not a universal thing. I'm sure Sega knows about it but since it doesn't affect everyone there's not much they can do about it since it may not even be an issue on their end.

Dia79
May 19, 2016, 11:00 AM
The issue about the lag is that it's not a universal thing. I'm sure Sega knows about it but since it doesn't affect everyone there's not much they can do about it since it may not even be an issue on their end.

its a well reported issue from jp side too ..but you are right about it they probably can't do anything about the issue itself cuz it could be related to their servers overload ...unless they upgrade their servers but i guess they did that already during the fukushima disaster period ...:roll::-?:-?:-(

Alenoir
May 19, 2016, 11:05 AM
its a well reported issue from jp side too ..but you are right about it they probably can't do anything about the issue itself cuz it could be related to their servers overload

And it probably have nothing to do with server overload because ship 2 is never full to begin with.

If it was well reported, I've not heard much noises about it unless I specifically go search for the keywords on twitter.

SteveCZ
May 19, 2016, 11:12 AM
Still got no lag at all until this maintenance. In other hand, hopefully this maintenance addresses your issue of lagging and dcs, even though it's just about the bug. :(

Dia79
May 19, 2016, 11:16 AM
And it probably have nothing to do with server overload because ship 2 is never full to begin with.

If it was well reported, I've not heard much noises about it unless I specifically go search for the keywords on twitter.

doesnt matter if ship 2 is never full ...like ship10 is never full and ship4 is kinda always full the congestion itself is not related to a single ship ^^;
For like 2 times on the past pso2es ranked events we had the eq cancelled on the very last day ...sega had to suspend the ranked event for a while but i didnt notice huge complaints about it at least from jp side even if you consider that to rank properly some guy need to waste tons of ac ...and im not talking about first 100th positions but 1-10th...positions ....
Complaints or not that doesnt mean the issue isnt on or that is not striking a very large side of users :-o

Polymer
May 19, 2016, 11:18 AM
its a well reported issue from jp side too
except it is not... and honestly,how do you know theyre reporting the same lag that you guys are experiencing? for all we know, they might be complaining about the common lag that one experiences during an EQ.

and not once have I heard of japanese players complaining about getting 630s all day long...

Dia79
May 19, 2016, 11:35 AM
except it is not... and honestly,how do you know theyre reporting the same lag that you guys are experiencing? for all we know, they might be complaining about the common lag that one experiences during an EQ.

and not once have I heard of japanese players complaining about getting 630s all day long...

because i have jp friends lol? and they do get the same errors ?:-D

Alenoir
May 19, 2016, 11:37 AM
[spoiler-box]doesnt matter if ship 2 is never full ...like ship10 is never full and ship4 is kinda always full the congestion itself is not related to a single ship ^^;
For like 2 times on the past pso2es ranked events we had the eq cancelled on the very last day ...sega had to suspend the ranked event for a while but i didnt notice huge complaints about it at least from jp side even if you consider that to rank properly some guy need to waste tons of ac ...and im not talking about first 100th positions but 1-10th...positions ....
Complaints or not that doesnt mean the issue isnt on or that is not striking a very large side of users :-o[/spoiler-box]

So... basically nothing to actually back up the claim about well reported lag from the Japanese side, OK.

Anyways maint scheduled to end at 8AM JST/7PM EDT/4PM PDT (http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=8924).

The 7AM JST/6PM EDT/3PM PDT Yamato will be rescheduled to a later date.

Enforcer MKV
May 19, 2016, 11:46 AM
So... basically nothing to actually back up the claim about well reported lag from the Japanese side, OK.

Anyways maint scheduled to end at 8AM JST/7PM EDT/4PM PDT (http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=8924).

The 7AM JST/6PM EDT/3PM PDT Yamato will be rescheduled to a later date.

Well, this would happen on my one day off when I can somewhat easily get both Prestiges.

Typical.

aiMute
May 19, 2016, 12:57 PM
There were less lags and 630chan visits when all the servers were full/congested, now it's congested/normal and constant 630chans and lags, also it's mostly during EQs but not only during them and not only during kancolle EQ, so it's unrelated to ps4 and kancolle (unless memory leak).

Achelousaurus
May 19, 2016, 01:04 PM
According to the guy who spread it on twitter, you get a 630 but when you log in again the weapon is fully upgraded at +35 with element 60.
lol
Nice bug.

Speaking of grinding bugs, occasionally when grinding an old weapon I press the button once and grind 3+ times.
Without the menu changing.
If it was lag I'd be hanging in the menu with a loading icon. Somehow the game uses a single button input for 5 menus and does not even display them so I jump from +3 to +8 or something.
Occasionally I also hear both success and failure sounds.
I assume the game grinds normally several times but I have not checked if it truly uses the entire amount of meseta or only meseta for a single grind.

yukiyuki
May 19, 2016, 01:04 PM
Get a day off to finally be able to have some time for myself to play PSO2, and this happens :(... Time to find something to do for the next 5 hours lulz..

Achelousaurus
May 19, 2016, 01:05 PM
Remember, Sega is the company that made fireballs freeze your pc.
At least I heard in PSU one new enemy would spam fireballs and after a couple of minutes the memory leak was so bad that your entire PC would freeze up inevitably.

otakun
May 19, 2016, 01:05 PM
There were less lags and 630chan visits when all the servers were full/congested, now it's congested/normal and constant 630chans and lags, also it's mostly during EQs but not only during them and not only during kancolle EQ, so it's unrelated to ps4 and kancolle (unless memory leak).

It's got one battleship in the EQ which was modeled off the real ship it was named after and it's being refereed to as Kancolle ... why? We aren't fighting little girls with mounted cannons on them.

SasoriHanamura
May 19, 2016, 01:08 PM
So I'm no good with math or time zones but that means (In EST anyway) it should be back up for us at around...7 PM?

yukiyuki
May 19, 2016, 01:09 PM
So I'm no good with math or time zones but that means (In EST anyway) it should be back up for us at around...7 PM?

Estimated for 7PM EDT yes, so approximately 5 more hours :(

Kondibon
May 19, 2016, 01:10 PM
Remember, Sega is the company that made fireballs freeze your pc.
At least I heard in PSU one new enemy would spam fireballs and after a couple of minutes the memory leak was so bad that your entire PC would freeze up inevitably.No mention of the boss that crashed servers with her ultimate attack, disconnecting because you left the campship after getting jetboots gear, or deleting FFXIV?

Alenoir
May 19, 2016, 01:18 PM
It's got one battleship in the EQ which was modeled off the real ship it was named after and it's being refereed to as Kancolle ... why? We aren't fighting little girls with mounted cannons on them.

Probably because you can get 99% of the parts to cosplay Yamato (KanColle) in PSO2. >.>

Psst, we're currently in daylight saving time, so it's EDT, not EST. I should have the EDT and PDT time in my post.

[Ayumi]
May 19, 2016, 01:24 PM
What is a "KanColle" exactly?

Anduril
May 19, 2016, 01:25 PM
;3356584']What is a "KanColle" exactly?
It's a f2p browser game about anthropomorphized battleships.

otakun
May 19, 2016, 01:42 PM
;3356584']What is a "KanColle" exactly?

The limit I thought moeifying of japan would go but then they made Uma Musume (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1cafL0l-Mo). Now I just donno anymore.

Enforcer MKV
May 19, 2016, 01:59 PM
The limit I thought moeifying of japan would go but then they made Uma Musume (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1cafL0l-Mo). Now I just donno anymore.

....*sigh* Goddammit, Japan. Why the hell does this surprise me?

[Ayumi]
May 19, 2016, 02:19 PM
It's a f2p browser game about anthropomorphized battleships.

Quick search... so... are they like prostitutes in the game? Some of them are wearing authentic prostitute outfits you usually see out in the street... and you say they're supposed to be based on battleships?
Okay.

....*sigh* Goddammit, Japan. Why the hell does this surprise me?

This doesn't surprise me or phase me at all. People that continue this kind of crap in Japan caused that... whatever that is supposed to be to happen, lol.

Altiea
May 19, 2016, 02:21 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i4.pixiv.net/c/1200x1200/img-master/img/2016/05/15/22/58/14/56904367_p0_master1200.jpg
http://i4.pixiv.net/c/1200x1200/img-master/img/2016/05/15/22/58/14/56904367_p1_master1200.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

ashley50
May 19, 2016, 02:27 PM
;3356588']Quick search... so... are they like prostitutes in the game? Some of them are wearing authentic prostitute outfits you usually see out in the street... and you say they're supposed to be based on battleships?
Okay.

Can you show/link us the first pic you've seen/found that gave you that first impression?

Altiea
May 19, 2016, 02:30 PM
Can you show/link us the first pic you've seen/found that gave you that first impression?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess Shimakaze.

yukiyuki
May 19, 2016, 02:31 PM
The limit I thought moeifying of japan would go but then they made Uma Musume. Now I just donno anymore.

There can never be enough moe in Japan lol...

Yden
May 19, 2016, 02:52 PM
No mention of the boss that crashed servers with her ultimate attack, disconnecting because you left the campship after getting jetboots gear, or deleting FFXIV?

I remember that deleting thing. I got hit by it and lost some raw video footage that I had already edited. On the bright side it wasn't this (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gurren_Lagann#Video_games).

TaigaUC
May 19, 2016, 03:25 PM
I don't recall any Kancolle characters dressed like prostitutes.
But then I don't play Kancolle or interact with prostitutes.
I've seen enough of Kancolle though. It's been everywhere for years.

Why didn't they fix the bugs last week or during maintenance?

Edit: I read their announcement. Now I see why it's emergency maintenance.
A weapon was getting more EXP than it should. Yes, that's very MUST FIX IMMEDIATELY TOP PRIORITY for SEGA.
GOTTA PROTECT THAT DRIPFEED! I mean, "GAME BALANCE"!

Never mind the impassable walls and non-spawning AIS in Yamato. That's real balanced, right there.
Although I dunno if they fixed those already. Some JP friends GJ'd me a few days ago complaining about how terrible the Yamato bugs are.

wefwq
May 19, 2016, 03:34 PM
Are you guys in the middle of the quest to lock this thread?

Xaeris
May 19, 2016, 03:41 PM
They did the Yamato bug fixes already: http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=8887

And yes, this actually is a pretty high priority fix that warrants emergency maintenance. NT grinding has created a new economy that I have no desire to elaborate on, and this bug would be straight up poison to it if allowed to disseminate and continue for any length of time. And unlike the Returner exploit, I doubt they have any means to track +35 weapons that were created through this method to mark them for deletion.

Ordy
May 19, 2016, 03:47 PM
A weapon was getting more EXP than it should. Yes, that's very MUST FIX IMMEDIATELY TOP PRIORITY for SEGA.
GOTTA PROTECT THAT DRIPFEED! I mean, "GAME BALANCE"!

Never mind the impassable walls and non-spawning AIS in Yamato. That's real balanced, right there.
Although I dunno if they fixed those already. Some JP friends GJ'd me a few days ago complaining about how terrible the Yamato bugs are.

Yes, something like this requires an emergency maintenance:

http://puu.sh/oXYZk/cd895c43dc.jpg

Gama
May 19, 2016, 03:51 PM
wow. thats really bad

Shinamori
May 19, 2016, 03:58 PM
God, damnit Sega.

Enforcer MKV
May 19, 2016, 04:12 PM
Sega breaking stuff and sh*t. 8p

http://pre11.deviantart.net/b3ba/th/pre/f/2007/087/e/d/axel_sega_punch_by_theland10.jpg

Shadowjesse626
May 19, 2016, 04:43 PM
so the maintenance is gonna last until tomorrow?
EDIT: nvm. saw on my time it'll last until 5pm

otakun
May 19, 2016, 04:46 PM
so the maintenance is gonna last until tomorrow?
EDIT: nvm. saw on my time it'll last until 5pm

Yeah, they are a half a day ahead of us. So it can seem like a whole day but just time zones.

Xaeris
May 19, 2016, 04:46 PM
Account for the time zone difference. As of now, the maintenance is scheduled to end in a little over an hour.

sparab
May 19, 2016, 05:20 PM
Maintenance Cross Burst, as usual.

Flaoc
May 19, 2016, 05:32 PM
Maintenance Cross Burst, as usual.

eh wut

bhaal
May 19, 2016, 05:38 PM
eh wut

One More!!!!!!!
2016/5/20 1:05更新

現在実施しております緊急メンテナンスにつきまして、続報をお知らせいたします。
このたび確認されました「新世武器」のアイテム強化を行う際に特定の条件を満たすと、強化EXPが多く増え てしまう場合がある不具合につきまして、対応を引き続き行っておりますが、修正までにお時間をいただく見込 みとなっており、今晩中での復旧は行えない状況となっております。

Enforcer MKV
May 19, 2016, 05:41 PM
Old message, apparently. Carry on.

otakun
May 19, 2016, 05:41 PM
One More!!!!!!!
2016/5/20 1:05更新

現在実施しております緊急メンテナンスにつきまして、続報をお知らせいたします。
このたび確認されました「新世武器」のアイテム強化を行う際に特定の条件を満たすと、強化EXPが多く増え てしまう場合がある不具合につきまして、対応を引き続き行っておりますが、修正までにお時間をいただく見込 みとなっており、今晩中での復旧は行えない状況となっております。

That update was 6 hours ago. Nothing new.

Xaeris
May 19, 2016, 06:03 PM
Looks like we're back up.

blkbox11
May 19, 2016, 06:07 PM
Any patches we have to download?

Xaeris
May 19, 2016, 06:07 PM
Nope.

Excaliburnina
May 19, 2016, 06:09 PM
unfortunate

SasoriHanamura
May 19, 2016, 06:10 PM
Woohoo~ time to gogogogogo!

TaigaUC
May 19, 2016, 07:03 PM
Oh, I see. People were using it to make 13 star upgrade fodder.
I imagined it was only slightly faster grinding.

Feels like the game has been getting sillier bugs lately.

pkemr4
May 19, 2016, 07:27 PM
theres might be another bug

cheapgunner
May 19, 2016, 07:56 PM
theres another bug

lol you got to be kidding me... What kind now?

pkemr4
May 19, 2016, 08:15 PM
lol you got to be kidding me... What kind now?

something to do with star gems apparently, but idk.

Sirius-91
May 19, 2016, 08:39 PM
something to do with star gems apparently, but idk.

Where did you hear this?

pkemr4
May 19, 2016, 09:20 PM
Where did you hear this?

friend told me, but he saw it on 4ch so take it with a grain of salt. . . .

Sirius-91
May 19, 2016, 09:31 PM
friend told me, but he saw it on 4ch so take it with a grain of salt. . . .

Then that's likely not a bug.

But what do I know, that 4chan guy is an amazing person.

pkemr4
May 19, 2016, 09:39 PM
Then that's likely not a bug.

But what do I know, that 4chan guy is an amazing person.

well i did say take it with a grain of salt ^^;

TaigaUC
May 20, 2016, 08:52 AM
A JP friend is telling me the real issue was some people figured out how to dupe items. Even AC items.
Dunno if that was already established in the thread.
Haven't read through this whole thread properly (my eyes are screwed right now).

sparab
May 20, 2016, 08:57 AM
A JP friend is telling me the real issue was some people figured out how to dupe items.

Not serious enough until people start duping mesta.

[Ayumi]
May 20, 2016, 10:03 AM
A JP friend is telling me the real issue was some people figured out how to dupe items. Even AC items.
Dunno if that was already established in the thread.
Haven't read through this whole thread properly (my eyes are screwed right now).

Now for me to find out who I need to talk to and drag towards the visiphone to cause the dupe glitch.