PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever worry about getting "Banned"?

SasoriHanamura
May 19, 2016, 02:25 PM
As we all know, SEGA Japan is very stingy about us burger-people playing PSO2. And sometimes I wonder. They have to know that ship 2 is pretty much almost all English players right? Or do they just think we're all japanese players who also speak english? (highly unlikely of course but still)

What do you think?

Gestriden
May 19, 2016, 02:37 PM
I don't think they care TOO much. I'm positive they do know Ship 2 is a very english like ship as they have the Dark Falz Girls visit every ship and yes Ship 2 is even one of those shps they've been too.

The thing is though, I don't believe Sega will care as long as there isn't anything too disruptive going on or as long as they aren't notified directly.

For instance you can be running around block 1 spamming whatever you wanna spam in nearby chat and you'll be fine. But the moment you e-mail their support asking for help. You just put yourself in their radar and if they find out you're not inside the Japan residence, they will ban you for breaking their ToS.

Sega has also tried kicking out non-JP players by having their security block out Tweaker (Which has a work around now). However I don't know why they haven't employed an IP-Block or why the first IP-Block was even lifted, there maybe something preventing them from doing that, which we don't know or do know and I just don't know myself the reason why. But whatever it is, that one rock is what's saving us from getting locked out of PSO2.

TLDR: Don't do anything that'll draw Sega's support attention directly to you via e-mailing them for anything that would require them to look at your IP. (Such as account issues ect) and for the most part you should be fine.

yukiyuki
May 19, 2016, 02:40 PM
I always play knowing the ban hammer is looming above me at all times. I'm 100% sure Sega is well aware westerners are playing on their server, if they wanted to do something about it, I'm sure they would have by now.

There is always possibility of them shutting their doors on us at any moment, but that's the way it is when playing a game that isn't sanctioned for us to play. Without having to give any support for us, they can freely obtain revenue for the few that does purchase AC, meanwhile if "gaijin" situation does get out of hand, I'm sure they will react to the best interest of their people.

Meanwhile know all of that, just don't do anything stupid and you should be fine.

Xaeris
May 19, 2016, 02:44 PM
I try to regularly remind myself that it's a possibility. At this point, I'm pretty well convinced they don't care that we're here seeing as they must be aware of our presence by now, but all the same, it's good to remember that, as non JP players, we're entitled to nothing. That's what made it easy for me to accept our temporary exile after the DDoS fiasco.

Yden
May 19, 2016, 02:45 PM
I always play knowing the ban hammer is looming above me at all times.

That's the same way I think. I just play to enjoy my time while playing and if something happens to cause sega to drop the ban hammer then I'd move on. I'd be a bit sad but in the end it's a game and any time and money I put into the game was for my enjoyment of it.

JCry
May 19, 2016, 02:49 PM
It doesn't cross my mind as much as It should. Out of sight, out of mind.

yukiyuki
May 19, 2016, 02:49 PM
That's the same way I think. I just play to enjoy my time while playing and if something happens to cause sega to drop the ban hammer then I'd move on. I'd be a bit sad but in the end it's a game and any time and money I put into the game was for my enjoyment of it.

Haha yeah, it's unfortunate that it's the way it is but we just have to go with what we have. Just don't worry about the ban too much and just live as much of the PSO2 life as you can and just have fun.

otakun
May 19, 2016, 02:53 PM
I stopped worrying after playing for a year. I know players who have been playing for 3 years AND use hacks that have yet to get banned. so, nope, not worried. I would believe a full IP block over banning.

Shinnomura
May 19, 2016, 02:54 PM
I think they're tolerating us so they don't risk losing sega customers when they release things over here.

wefwq
May 19, 2016, 03:00 PM
I stopped worrying about getting banned after playing for so long.
There's no point playing while worrying something like that anyway, it'll just prevent yourself from enjoying the game.

Just play the game by their book and you'll be fine.

TaigaUC
May 19, 2016, 03:20 PM
I expect that it will happen eventually. But I don't really worry about it.
Been banned from other online games before, because of asshole noisy foreigners invading and hacking.
SEGA seems to care the least so far, despite an entire ship alienating a significant number of JP people.

Shinnomura
May 19, 2016, 03:21 PM
Hey, who's alienating locals?
They're some fun people to party up with.

TaigaUC
May 19, 2016, 03:41 PM
I used to see people in lobbies yelling out stuff like "WE BOMBED YOUR COUNTRY", "JAPAN SHOULD SPEAK ENGLISH" and "IT'S A FREE WORLD I'M ALLOWED TO DO WHATEVER I WANT"
There used to often be international players sitting in the middle of places everyone walks, having private convos when they could have used whisper, party or team chat.
Dunno what happened to that, but it doesn't seem to happen as much anymore. Maybe those people all quit when we got "blocked" during the DDOS attack.
Yeah, the DDOS attack probably didn't sit well with SEGA either.
But then, SEGA's own service hasn't been perfect, what with incidents like deleting tens of thousands of people's HDDs.

I remember hearing SEGA talking about people being loud and noisy in lobbies.
International players do that a lot, but so do JP people. Except, JP people usually only do it in certain blocks.
I forget what SEGA said, but the fact they acknowledged it as an issue means it does bother people.

Other than that, there's stuff like, international players can't read room rules, join anyway and then screw up runs.
They often don't listen to reason, don't know how to play, etc. I still see people sitting in the wrong difficulty block calling for other difficulty groups.
PSO2 has a lot of vague stuff that people don't know about, and international players tend not to do research.
They expect the game to handhold them and explain everything clearly. PSO2 doesn't do that. Gotta look stuff up.

The quality of international players is generally lower than that of JP players, and they have a reputation for suddenly leaving.
But I'm sure random disconnections is one of the reasons people suddenly vanish. Even JP players get randomly disconnected.
Group fail rate for international groups tends to be abnormally high, although the majority of PSO2 players seem to be casual gamers as well.
Both international and JP players fail to upgrade their gear, probably have crappy skill trees, etc. It's just more common with international players.

A bunch of JP people have transferred away from ship 2, or simply avoid it.
They used to avoid the international players blocks, which were toxic enough to become infamous.
Ship 2 is currently the least populated server by several thousand less than the others.

Of course, there are good international players who are quiet, skilled and/or pleasant.
They are the minority though, as always. I mean, you don't stand out if you're quiet. That's the point.
The bad experiences stand out. I know some JP people who have been traumatised by bad international players and avoid them like the plague.

But on the flipside, there are JP players who don't mind or actually enjoy and want to interact with the foreign players.
I know at least one, and I've seen others sitting in the "international player blocks" conversing with English-speakers.

Shinnomura
May 19, 2016, 03:45 PM
Oh wow, I'm glad I'm not on ship 2. The people I've played with don't seem to care that I'm not local, although it probably helps that I know a bit of Japanese, enough to know the atmosphere and how to be friendly or polite.

Mizel
May 19, 2016, 04:32 PM
As long as nobody else does illegal shit, the chances of a "gaijin purge" happening are minimal. With the way Sega loves to milk the playerbase for every last yen, I highly doubt they would be willing to ban 10~% of potential AC buyers. Especially considering the fact that they were seeing decreased profits prior to the EP4 launch. You should still be polite to people though. It helps to at least know a few basic phrases in japanese, especially for stuff like crafting requests. You don't need to "pretend to be japanese", just don't make yourself look like an ass. Also, don't be a leech/grind and affix your gear because nothing screams "baka gaijin" like seeing some dude with an ungrinded weapon and unaffixed gryphon/ideal units.

From my experience, most JP on ship 2 don't outright hate gaijins (I actually think gaijins are more outwardly hostile to their own people). Half my friends list is JP and I met them through random TD parties, unit crafting requests, and even just people who thought my character was cute and wanted her friend partner. (Knowing some japanese helped, of course) I'm even friends with people on a small private JP team and I play other games with them outside PSO2. I think the "white piggu go home" types are a vocal minority honestly.

tl;dr: Don't piss off JPs and you probably won't get banned.

Shinnomura
May 19, 2016, 04:35 PM
Exactly, everyone play nice and nothing bad will happen

otakun
May 19, 2016, 04:39 PM
As far as I'm concerned there is nothing wrong with Ship 2 as long as you stay out of the "lobby fagging" blocks which is mainly now just B1. Most people barely talk outside of there and since the influx of PS4 players there are a lot more Japanese players in ship 2 where we also reach congested status during peak Japanese times. If there are THOUSANDS of more people on at one time more then Ship2 then I wouldn't want to be in other ships cause I would never have a good block to get into unless I camped it for hours.

TheLadyRena
May 19, 2016, 04:41 PM
Me? Nah, I keep to myself. There'd have to be a full IP ban for non-JP IPs, and even then there's the proxy.

The few times I've been in a party with JP players, I do my best to communicate in Japanese - while that means Google Translate, I always open by apologizing for my slowness & bad grammar and try to stick to simple phrases so that there's less chance my meaning is fucked in translation.

SasoriHanamura
May 19, 2016, 05:24 PM
I remember when I first started, I was scared to even talk cause I figured "The moment a Sega lackey sees english I'm screwed."

Fast-forward to after the tutorial and I enter Ship 2, block 1. And the place is filled with english players. Just talkin' it out. I almost forgot I was playing a Japanese only game.

Anyway, I don't think we'll be getting kicked out anytime soon either after reading these replies, if they wanted us gone they could've done it long ago.

(They could've also given us PSO2 in the west long ago but oops)

PS: Thanks AIDA and anyone else who helped make PSO2 playable here in english. <3

EDIT: Hah, remember this? http://www.pso2.com/us/

Kondibon
May 19, 2016, 05:38 PM
I don't worry about it anymore than I worry about getting banned from anything else. I practice all the change to the ToS means is you aren't entitled to any support in the event you get banned for something else.

Rakurai
May 19, 2016, 05:45 PM
Not really.

I don't play on ship 2. and I never make it known to anyone that I'm a foreigner.

Shoterxx
May 19, 2016, 05:52 PM
I don't use proxy, I always speak/write in english, including in my support partner's stuff, which is often used by JP players, I use ReShade, and I've done lots of silly and obvious things against GG that got me kicked (not banned, just 630s and NP1013s). But I mind my own business and try to stay solo, because I know my gear is absurdly sub-par (Lvl.68 Bouncer w/ Vita Jet Boots Ex.Something +10, with random affixes from some random boss ^^;, but meh, it's enough to do all XQ orders in ~15-20mins + Yamato solo on VH if I stop being so bad with the AIS, I don't have much time to raise my game) so I don't ruin anyone else's game.

Do I feel like I'm getting banned any time soon? Nope.
Did I ever get banned on other games, for similar reasons? Nope.
Would I be mad if I got banned by SEGA? Yes, but I wouldn't blame them. They specificly said I was not supposed to be there.

SasoriHanamura
May 19, 2016, 06:04 PM
I know my gear is absurdly sub-par (Lvl.68 Bouncer w/ Vita Jet Boots Ex.Something +10, with random affixes from some random boss

You're probably way better than me, my bouncer is only 44 (MAybe 45? I forgot if I leveled him once more last night) And I don't even know what I'm using I just put on anything with bigger numbers.

Meteor Weapon
May 19, 2016, 06:49 PM
For instance you can be running around block 1 spamming whatever you wanna spam in nearby chat and you'll be fine. But the moment you e-mail their support asking for help. You just put yourself in their radar and if they find out you're not inside the Japan residence, they will ban you for breaking their ToS.

This seems very contradictory, running around spamming e-penises don't get people ban while asking support can get us banned. We might've already been under radar for all we know and SEGA just don't care unless we do massive shit stuff. I hear people mentioning breaking ToS all the time and SEGA does nothing whatsoever to use it to ban people, there are stories around that people outside from japan asking for support and got the help they needed.

Totori
May 19, 2016, 07:00 PM
Asking for support will not just get you banned. It'll just get denied, you end up getting banned if you are using a proxy to connect when your region is IP blocked. like SEA.

The peeps outside Japan usually got lucky, but most of the time they'll just deny you if you aren't in Japan at the time of requesting assistance.

TaigaUC
May 19, 2016, 07:05 PM
I don't know any foreigners who got banned for being foreigners.
Then again, I don't talk to many foreigners in PSO2.

SEGA has told me they don't support outside Japan. They didn't ban me.

[Ayumi]
May 19, 2016, 07:06 PM
I never think about it honestly.
As long as I'm playing my Phantasy Star, I don't need to care.
I'm already to pessimistic as it is, I don't need to be more pessimistic.

CocoCrispy
May 19, 2016, 11:48 PM
I know a few people that have had the unfortunate situation of getting their accounts banned. These were not people that would do any game modifications outside of using the tweaker or use rmt either. Of these, most were American and 1 was Chinese.

They just tried to log in one day to find their account locked. For most, this meant that they were done with the game since they had progressed too much and it was pretty disheartening. I've never heard from the Chinese player ever again since I stopped playing around the time westerners couldn't connect to the servers. Only recently got back into it.

I'm not sure why this happened, but I know the potential exists and it can happen at any time. Don't get me wrong though. I am enjoying the game again after a long hiatus, but if I'm ever banned out of the blue, that will probably be the day I move on too.

Selphea
May 19, 2016, 11:58 PM
If they ban me I'll just switch games. Plenty of backlog to go through. If a business doesn't want money who am I to argue :p

Seijass
May 20, 2016, 12:37 AM
Been almost 1.5 years connecting from that certain region which allegedly has its own "server" with its crappy management and crappy translations.

Middle finger to that server with its population's massive + blatant RMT ads, market monopoly, completion scratch and whatnot, I'll enjoy JP while I can. So w/e.

Zeroem
May 20, 2016, 12:48 AM
Well, the threat of getting kicked out from PSO2 is always there, visible or not. But honestly that's expected the moment I installed PSO2 JP. And not like it sucks out the fun of PSO2.

If anything, it's SEGA slowly sucking out the fun of PSO2 lol.

jooozek
May 20, 2016, 01:46 AM
they already did that to me by softbanning my account :-?

SteveCZ
May 20, 2016, 01:48 AM
Well to simply answer the question, yes of course I am worried.

ルニス
May 20, 2016, 02:10 AM
First post ever on these forums, so with that said... Hello Everyone! But keeping on topic, For me personally anytime I log on and if there some kind of delay I kind of worry a little about if we're (Foreigners) being blocked but then finally exhale in relief when everything goes through. My knowledge of PSO2 mainly comes from PSO World, from just lurking around or looking up info. I officially started playing since PS4 Beta and since joining the live servers I've been enjoying myself on Ship 2.

ルニス
May 20, 2016, 02:11 AM
Oh wait nvm I lied. I found some post from the ps4 beta thread (- _- :; )

Petunia
May 20, 2016, 12:49 PM
Do people STILL think they can get banned for being a gaijin?
Guys. Seriously. There's NOTHING in the ToS that stops us from playing. The only thing that effects us is the lack of customer service, iirc.

Just use your heads for a second. What if I moved to Japan and picked up a physical copy of PSO2 cus it looked neat? I live in Japan. I'm a legitimate paying customer.
Or I'm a japanese player, but due to studies I'm forced to move to America. I bring my PC with me and continue to log into PSO2 every day to meet up and hang out with my old friends who I can't meet in real life anymore.

In either of these scenarios, would you see the player being banned?
No?
WELL THEN!

Way back when people were CLAIMING to get banned for being foreigners, they were just straight up lying. 3rd party hacks were running rampant, western players were abusing exploits, etc, etc. And not wanting to admit the real reason they got banned (or maybe they were just THAT stupid and didn't think what they were doing was bad) they blamed their ban on the fact that they were a foreigner.
No one has been banned for being foreign.

FYI, using the English mod IS a bannable offense. It's modifying the game files. So if you go posting screenshots of your translated game all over the place, you're giving butthurt Japanese players everything they need to report you.
My money's on people not having the brains to realize the English Mod breaks the ToS because it modifies the game files and assume their ban was because they themselves weren't Japanese.

Z-0
May 20, 2016, 12:56 PM
The ToS says it is prohibited to connect to the game outside of Japan.

i.e. You're not allowed to play PSO2 if in Japan. So yes, you can get banned for being a foreigner, especially since I have actually seen people get 816'd for almost no reason (say it's because they did something, but they most certainly did not). What probably happens is a minor flag (due to an IP or buying from a certain "suspicious" people in game or something), and SEGA see the foreign IP and suspend it, which means you were banned because you were a foreigner (and not the prior reason, as another person would not be banned).

Kondibon
May 20, 2016, 12:58 PM
Do people STILL think they can get banned for being a gaijin?
Guys. Seriously. There's NOTHING in the ToS that stops us from playing. The only thing that effects us is the lack of customer service, iirc.
No, the ToS specifically says you aren't allowed to play on a computer from outside of japan. The reason I and other people say it's effectively just ineligibility for customer service is because SEGA isn't actively hunting down people playing outside of japan. If it gets specifically brought to their attention you could still get banned even with a clean client.

Shinnomura
May 20, 2016, 01:03 PM
I figure it makes sense for them to have that rule sense people who may not be able to read the language and would be less likely to spend money on the game would be taking up server space that way.

Kondibon
May 20, 2016, 01:10 PM
I figure it makes sense for them to have that rule sense people who may not be able to read the language and would be less likely to spend money on the game would be taking up server space that way.Based on the whole situation when the change was made it actually just seems like a reaction to a lot of the obnoxious english speaking players ruining things for everyone else (particularly all the script kiddies running around early on). People complained and it kinda got ruined for the rest of us. Sakai actually seemed kinda excited about the english community, and the change was probably pushed by people higher up.

CocoCrispy
May 20, 2016, 02:00 PM
WELL THEN!

Way back when people were CLAIMING to get banned for being foreigners, they were just straight up lying. 3rd party hacks were running rampant, western players were abusing exploits, etc, etc. And not wanting to admit the real reason they got banned (or maybe they were just THAT stupid and didn't think what they were doing was bad) they blamed their ban on the fact that they were a foreigner.
No one has been banned for being foreign.

FYI, using the English mod IS a bannable offense. It's modifying the game files. So if you go posting screenshots of your translated game all over the place, you're giving butthurt Japanese players everything they need to report you.
My money's on people not having the brains to realize the English Mod breaks the ToS because it modifies the game files and assume their ban was because they themselves weren't Japanese.

Haha, you're pretty adamant about this aren't you? What would anyone have to gain from mindless fear mongering?

It's great you still have your account. And you're right; doing anything that tweaks the game does give you grounds for being banned. Thing is though, I haven't seen or heard of as many bans now as opposed to then. I even heard Japanese use the tweaker since official launcher sucks.

The way I see it is that they probably don't care about the foreign community anymore. Before like what everyone said, when the game was fresh, crazy stuff was happening. And that crazy stuff was a bunch of hacks from foreign players on the gaijin ship 2. I wouldn't be surprised if my friends happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and got banned for an offense they didn't commit.

The tos shouldn't give us any reason to fear a legit ban now unless we're guilty of messing with the game. I think they prohibit foreigners in their tos because different countries have different laws about things such as gambling (ac scratch) and money usage, so they don't want to be caught up officially in any of that. That, and they can't give customer service in any language except their own.

Petunia
May 20, 2016, 02:14 PM
I'll be honest, I need to read the ToS again. Cus I was sure nothing in there said we had to be playing in Japan.
I mean just the idea of that alone is crazy, what if someone who played the game for years had to move to another country? They'd be forced to stop playing (if sega actually cared enough to check IPs).
If it was REALLY the case, if it was ACTUALLY against ToS to play outside of Japan, why aren't they IP blocking the west? They did it for like a year or 2 after the DDoS attack, it shows they CAN do it. They also IP block SEA. So if it was really against ToS, they'd block western IPs and ban people using a VPN or Proxy to log in. That would make sense, as you're using 3rd party stuff to get past the block.

CocoCrispy
May 20, 2016, 02:18 PM
It actually was legit in the tos at the beginning. As for now, I couldn't tell you. If you can shed some light on that, that would be great for everyone in this thread and in general.

Petunia
May 20, 2016, 02:28 PM
8. 本ゲームサーバーへの接続は、日本国内に存在する端末にインストールされたソフトウェアからの接続に限るも のとします。日本国外から直接接続をすること、及び日本国外から日本国内に所在する端末等を経由して接続す ることを禁止します。

Well would you look at that... logging in from outside Japan is prohibited after all. :|
Well if it's any consolation, I've been playing PSO2 since the Japanese launch and haven't been banned once. We're so normal on the servers now that I see Japanese players giving instructions in English on the shared ship challenge missions without anyone being obviously western.

So you'll all be fine.
If you want to be careful, just dont set your auto words to spam in English. I mean talking in English isn't a valid reason for being banned, English is just a language. As long as no one KNOWS you're not in Japan, you're fine. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

Qualia
May 20, 2016, 02:33 PM
If it was REALLY the case, if it was ACTUALLY against ToS to play outside of Japan, why aren't they IP blocking the west? They did it for like a year or 2 after the DDoS attack, it shows they CAN do it. They also IP block SEA. So if it was really against ToS, they'd block western IPs and ban people using a VPN or Proxy to log in. That would make sense, as you're using 3rd party stuff to get past the block.

They never IP blocked western IPs lmao.

Petunia
May 20, 2016, 02:37 PM
They never IP blocked western IPs lmao.

After the DDoS no one could log in without a Proxy or VPN. If they didn't IP block western IPs, what did they do?

CocoCrispy
May 20, 2016, 02:45 PM
It wasn't an IP ban. It was a derp with yahoo japan. I'm not very good with these things so I'll just copy pasta an old quote from reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/2gmjjv/cant_access_site_to_download_game/).

Since the DDOS attacks back in the beginning of the summer since the game came back online most US ISPs cannot connect to PSO2. It is NOT an IP block, some 512 addresses are affected. The problem is with yahoo.jp not routing connections properly.

Petunia
May 20, 2016, 02:56 PM
Well then :v

Kondibon
May 20, 2016, 02:59 PM
Haha, you're pretty adamant about this aren't you? What would anyone have to gain from mindless fear mongering?

Actually the kind of things Petunia IS talking about did happen, I've also seen it happen in games other than PSO2. It's almost always butthurt hackers and exploiters complaining about it in those cases. The only thing that really needed to be corrected was the ToS thing.

CocoCrispy
May 20, 2016, 03:04 PM
Ah the script kiddos.

I just found the post amusing how they thought anyone saying people got banned for no reason were lying for the sake of lying about their hacks.

EvilMag
May 20, 2016, 03:04 PM
I remember people coming on these forums complaining they got banned and I look at their name and remember them spamming NSFW SAs in the lobby.

Petunia
May 20, 2016, 03:08 PM
Ah the script kiddos.

I just found the post amusing how they thought anyone saying people got banned for no reason were lying for the sake of lying about their hacks.

I mean me and my friends have been playing since release and never got banned.
So either those people were REALLY unlucky or they were boasting about their Eng mods like right idiots then assuming they got banned for being Western.
Without checking their IP, there's no way to tell if they're a western player or not, so they probably got banned for modifying the game files and boasting about it or posting translated screenshots on Japanese websites.

I remember people coming on these forums complaining they got banned and I look at their name and remember them spamming NSFW SAs in the lobby.

That too. Wasn't that why Banana became a thing?

[Ayumi]
May 20, 2016, 03:57 PM
I'll be honest, I need to read the ToS again. Cus I was sure nothing in there said we had to be playing in Japan.
I mean just the idea of that alone is crazy, what if someone who played the game for years had to move to another country? They'd be forced to stop playing (if sega actually cared enough to check IPs).

While they weren't online games, I'm sure it's the same as long ago when my parents brought over their Japanese games/systems over to the US while I was still an infant and looking at them they say using or selling outside of Japan is prohibited.
Even later games I got my own self from Japan say the same thing.
Also it's the same way as you can use an electric device all you want and no one is stopping you, but if you use it in let's say a plane or something, there well be consequences.

8. 本ゲームサーバーへの接続は、日本国内に存在する端末にインストールされたソフトウェアからの接続に限るも のとします。日本国外から直接接続をすること、及び日本国外から日本国内に所在する端末等を経由して接続す ることを禁止します。

Well would you look at that... logging in from outside Japan is prohibited after all. :|
Well if it's any consolation, I've been playing PSO2 since the Japanese launch and haven't been banned once. We're so normal on the servers now that I see Japanese players giving instructions in English on the shared ship challenge missions without anyone being obviously western.

So you'll all be fine.
If you want to be careful, just dont set your auto words to spam in English. I mean talking in English isn't a valid reason for being banned, English is just a language. As long as no one KNOWS you're not in Japan, you're fine. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

Long before the whole DDoS shit, many people in Japan seemed normal to foreigners actually. I think it matters on being very very unlucky to get banned if you did nthing wrong or maybe caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I mean me and my friends have been playing since release and never got banned.
So either those people were REALLY unlucky or they were boasting about their Eng mods like right idiots then assuming they got banned for being Western.
Without checking their IP, there's no way to tell if they're a western player or not, so they probably got banned for modifying the game files and boasting about it or posting translated screenshots on Japanese websites.

Yeah, like I remember many times in the lobby when there were hackers hacking like minatures of themselves and being around them and nothing happened to me.
That or when those RMTers with launchers used to hack the shit out of the Explore missions to just farm exp and magnet enemies to them to just take all the meseta and what not. Luckily I was never effected.
BUT I do remember stories of like people hacking EQs and others that did nothing wrong was just in the MPA and didn't know and was banned along with the hacker.
And yeah, no one needs to know if you got a patch on or not... just saying that pretty much saying you modified the game to YOUR advantage. As safe and harmless it is...they would just see it in the same aspect as someone modding the game to get infinite HP or something.

That too. Wasn't that why Banana became a thing?

Banana?

Korazenn
May 21, 2016, 06:17 AM
When the servers shut-down, all your character data is locked up for good (unless PSO2 gets the same fate as PSOBB). Anything in any online game with any service is lost once the service itself goes down; server maintenance is a constant reminder of this.

So, to answer the question of the thread, I don't worry about it because I know the possibility is always there; and, as others have already said, it is stipulated in the ToS that SEGA reserves the right to ban anyone who is a foreigner.

There are other games to play, and I've gotten to a point with this game where I just play it now to pass the time, really. I've left this game numerous times in the past on hiatus with no problem. In fact, the most I missed were things that could be experienced elsewhere (playing with friends, the combat, music, and Challenge Mode).

Every online service will come to an end at some point, and it is always on my mind when I play these types of games that I should never get 'too' invested, emotionally tied to my progress, or the time spent in the game as a result (i.e. spend my time playing nothing else but this game vs. playing this along with other games). Any service can be terminated without question.

Vatallus
May 21, 2016, 09:01 AM
After about two years, 5 characters, and probably 8000 hours between them all. (I use to afk online a lot)

... Don't think I'm getting banned anytime soon.

SasoriHanamura
May 22, 2016, 09:37 PM
I've never had a post I've made on a forums site get this much attention, yikes.

Raygaen
May 22, 2016, 10:24 PM
Nah, I just avoid trouble in general.

Shu_or
Aug 11, 2016, 10:48 PM
If i ever got banned i would be a bit ticked because of purchasing ac and what not, but i would just go back to pso1 or ps2 (need to finish that).

CoWorker
Aug 11, 2016, 10:54 PM
If i ever got banned i would be a bit ticked because of purchasing ac and what not, but i would just go back to pso1 or ps2 (need to finish that).

OH MAI GAWD!!! a Necromancer spawned!!!

TaigaUC
Aug 11, 2016, 11:34 PM
Not worried about getting banned at this point.
SEGA has put up with a lot of stupid shit from foreigners causing trouble, DDOSing, etc... I've seen other games permanent global ban for less.
So far, SEGA has only mass banned China for mass botting and SEA to get SEA people to play the Shitsoft version.

I'm sure there are a lot of EN people being assholes everywhere.
There was an EN guy in my last EQ run with garbage gear who was mocking other people publically for no real reason.

Besides, SEGA keeps profiting when JP people transfer away from Ship 2.

Zysets
Aug 12, 2016, 12:11 AM
I've considered transferring from Ship 2 actually, the only thing stopping me is not wanting to lose some of the content that's tied to the ship. I just avoid Blocks 1 and 20 and try to make the most of it.

To get on topic, I've been playing since Launch, made friends in the game (both westerners and JP players) and have never had problems playing the game, not even during the whole DDoS episode. You know,just don't be dumb and no one cares.

I've seen people argue about American politics in Block 1 among other things. It's pretty bad and I wouldn't blame anyone for hating it.

TaigaUC
Aug 12, 2016, 12:35 AM
A few years ago, I saw EN people (in B20, I think) arguing about whether women actually play games.

I have no plans to transfer, for various reasons. I doubt it'd make any real difference.
The crap gear thing isn't mostly EN people sucking anymore, there are tons of JP with crap gear now as well.
I don't play much anymore, anyway. Pop in for an EQ or two, pop out.

Dammy
Aug 12, 2016, 01:31 AM
not worried , actually ban would be a good reason/excuse to finally quit

red1228
Aug 12, 2016, 02:52 AM
As many others have said, most of us stopped caring about being banned since a lot of us have been playing for YEARS now.
There's no way Sega doesn't know we're here and they really don't care.

Meteor Weapon
Aug 12, 2016, 03:06 AM
Sega should just lift the SEA ban, no one is really playing Shitsoft version anymore. Makes life easier for us SEA people

red1228
Aug 12, 2016, 03:08 AM
Sega should just lift the SEA ban, no one is really playing Shitsoft version anymore. Makes life easier for us SEA people
I could be mistaken, but wasn't it AsiaSoft themselves (not Sega) that requested the IP block so that people in the SEA region would be forced to play their version?

Keilyn
Aug 12, 2016, 03:17 AM
I don't worry about being banned.
I worry more about how SEGA's countermeasures through nprotect may screw with my system.

Meteor Weapon
Aug 12, 2016, 03:30 AM
I could be mistaken, but wasn't it AsiaSoft themselves (not Sega) that requested the IP block so that people in the SEA region would be forced to play their version?

Yeah they did, but it's about time Sega realised that Shitsoft is a fail and there's no point in putting the ban any longer. I thought even Gamenia closed their servers

millefeuille
Aug 12, 2016, 09:42 AM
I sort of want them to ban me, but that actually requires me being rude to people.

So, not worried at all! :wacko:

Nitro Vordex
Aug 13, 2016, 03:15 AM
rofl "us burger people"

Sizustar
Aug 13, 2016, 06:14 AM
I've considered transferring from Ship 2 actually, the only thing stopping me is not wanting to lose some of the content that's tied to the ship. I just avoid Blocks 1 and 20 and try to make the most of it.

To get on topic, I've been playing since Launch, made friends in the game (both westerners and JP players) and have never had problems playing the game, not even during the whole DDoS episode. You know,just don't be dumb and no one cares.

I've seen people argue about American politics in Block 1 among other things. It's pretty bad and I wouldn't blame anyone for hating it.

Well, if you want to leave ship 2, Any other ship beside Ship 7 is fine, if going to Ship 7, stay out of block 30.

Ryuka Valis
Aug 13, 2016, 07:38 AM
Well, if you want to leave ship 2, Any other ship beside Ship 7 is fine, if going to Ship 7, stay out of block 30.

I saw your name and I immediately knew you were DarkFalzStar. Still advertising about how HORRIBLE Ship 7 is I see. :P

Meteor Weapon
Aug 13, 2016, 08:20 AM
lol even ship 7 has it's own cancer block?

Chris_Chocobo
Aug 13, 2016, 08:27 AM
I personally dont care anymore if they ban me. After Episode 4 and Dark Falz costumes fiasco i stop playing. I enter PSO2 sometimes but my interest on the game has lowered too much.

[Ayumi]
Aug 13, 2016, 11:15 AM
I see it this way.
I used to hear people worrying about if they're on a boat or plane trip if there would be some accident.
Since I was a kid, I pretty much saw everything could be dangerous.

Planes can fall, boats can sink, cars can crash, trains can be derailed, bikes can topple and if you fell wrong you can die, motorcycles are the same but at a faster speed,
and the walking you can get all of the above happening to you. (Plane calling on you, boat crashing into dock where you are, car running into you, motor/bike hitting you, train running you over or derailing and hitting you).

The thing is, after a while, you kind of stop looking at danger and just go "if it happens, it happens. Hard to stop something by worrying all the time."
To be fair though, in this case with PSO2... I was never worried. Ever since Sega gave me that invitation to the alpha/beta years back, I wasn't worried. The reason is before then, I thought I would never get to play because I thought Sega would've seen that I was outside of Japan and not allow me, but they did.
After that I just went, "I guess if I don't act stupid, I should be safe."

I've heard of stories of people wrongfully banned, but once again you couldn't have stopped that.
People at the wrong place at the wrong time, like when people was showing up outside of windows in the campship, or people in missions with hackers, or like before with the incident with the units in the shop that some people didn't buy from the store, but player shop and getting screwed.
Maybe if we had the time traveling powers in PSO2, we could've stopped such things from happening, but of course that's not possible.

Like back to the part with in missions or free fields with hackers. I remember years ago some (what I heard later were RMTs from China) with either weird named or 1 letter names or long nonsense like ierhgiuehgri were in missions like Skylands or Forest and they would have a launcher and blast the walls... like usually 3 or 4 of them.
They would be pulling and attacking and killing everything in the field and pulling the exp and the money towards them and just farm like that. I was in some of those runs (not because I wanted to, but because of being unlucky of them being on my block) and I was never banned for it. Just random luck, as I've heard of others that was in the same situation like me banned.

The way I see it. Worry less and maybe when the time comes and you ARE banned somehow, it would maybe seem less painful.
I don't know, as I can't say from experience with banning (except one time I was wrongfully banned over 12 or something years on Maple Story for 2 weeks because I was in an area with a hacker trying to pass by and I just never went back to the game... even though it was a tempban.)
But, I could say it might work in the same as hype. I never get hyped over things (for the last 5 years) and now I usually enjoy things more and feel more laid back.

Sizustar
Aug 13, 2016, 11:15 AM
I saw your name and I immediately knew you were DarkFalzStar. Still advertising about how HORRIBLE Ship 7 is I see. :P

DarkFalzStar, Who is that?

But Ship 7 Block 30 is basicly the...old B20 of Ship 2, where people will go ask to have...stuff done with your chara, give you random friend with very specific "request on what outfit to wear for their screenshot taking", so basicly, do go afk on Ship 7 B30, but japanese knowledge is needed,

http://i.imgur.com/SE4foZh.jpg

Hysteria1987
Aug 13, 2016, 07:49 PM
I don't play too much any more (really only if friends bug me to - I've come to find this game horrifically boring if there's nobody else around) but when I did play, I didn't worry about the banhammer at all. I didn't cheat, but I didn't keep my personality so straight that I may as well have been made out of cardboard - you can get away with being yourself on here.

I kinda wish more people weren't so worried, there might have been some interesting lobby talk outside of the drama-lobbies and I could have gotten to know more players and made new game friends. I don't know if a lot of these kinds of games are like this nowadays (I know here it's got to do with the JP-EN split), but the silence in this one's a bit of a killer.

Sizustar
Aug 13, 2016, 08:03 PM
I don't play too much any more (really only if friends bug me to - I've come to find this game horrifically boring if there's nobody else around) but when I did play, I didn't worry about the banhammer at all. I didn't cheat, but I didn't keep my personality so straight that I may as well have been made out of cardboard - you can get away with being yourself on here.

I kinda wish more people weren't so worried, there might have been some interesting lobby talk outside of the drama-lobbies and I could have gotten to know more players and made new game friends. I don't know if a lot of these kinds of games are like this nowadays (I know here it's got to do with the JP-EN split), but the silence in this one's a bit of a killer.

That's more of a cultural thing, it's impolite to talk loudly in public, etc.

Kazzi
Aug 13, 2016, 08:24 PM
Wow reading this topic brought back a lot of memories of the random crap people used to due back when the game first launched. Such a spamming resta in the lobby (http://i.imgur.com/YTLVhWo.jpg) or my personal favorite, the hackers moving people outside the walls of the gate area and Sega banning temp banning any players they spot out of bounds (because we did actually see the infamous GM tag back in those days).

Honestly I've been playing since the Alpha and even back in those days Ship 2 was full of English players, I seriously doubt they'll change their minds now and ban everyone who isn't from Japan. If anything they probably want us to stick around because you can bet there's whales in our community who have spent a ton of money trying to get Falz outfits.

Zysets
Aug 13, 2016, 09:31 PM
or my personal favorite, the hackers moving people outside the walls of the gate area and Sega banning temp banning any players they spot out of bounds (because we did actually see the infamous GM tag back in those days).
Oh I remember that, that was pretty funny, but it did make me worried. Assumption was that it was foreign players (not sure if it was), so I did feel uneasy about it, as silly as it was.

IchijinKali
Aug 14, 2016, 02:47 PM
There has only been one point, hah, that I was ever afraid of facing a megid to my account. That was when someone moved my character outside the lobby and I got instakilled. After that I immediately logged out instead of returning to campship. I logged back in told my team I was done for the day and got back off. Came back on the next day and nothing thought I was in the clear and moved on.

Quite frankly I'm like a few others if my account does get banned I won't care. By this point I've put over 3k hours into the game so I won't be too mad if it does happen, I just won't play again.

Xaelouse
Aug 14, 2016, 05:00 PM
I haven't cared about getting banned for 2 years now

lostinseganet
Aug 17, 2016, 12:45 AM
To combat hacks they banned everyone from non-jpn land for a good long time...Many people left. It gotta hang in people heads.

Sizustar
Aug 17, 2016, 02:58 AM
To combat hacks they banned everyone from non-jpn land for a good long time...Many people left. It gotta hang in people heads.

No, they didn't.
It was a problem with the setting that their new service provider Yahoo.co.jp was having, and nothing to do with Sega.

[Ayumi]
Aug 18, 2016, 03:20 PM
No, they didn't.
It was a problem with the setting that their new service provider Yahoo.co.jp was having, and nothing to do with Sega.

Yeah... if everyone was banned, people would've had to make a new account and all.
Also wasn't an IP Ban either.
Was all due to Yahoo's crappy setup. And even then, very few were able to get on with the Yahoo fiasco, and they were non-jpn.

Zysets
Aug 18, 2016, 03:52 PM
;3391688']Yeah... if everyone was banned, people would've had to make a new account and all.
Also wasn't an IP Ban either.
Was all due to Yahoo's crappy setup. And even then, very few were able to get on with the Yahoo fiasco, and they were non-jpn.

Yup, I was able to get in during the Yahoo problems just fine, certain ISPs in western countries were able to access the game (and other affected services) during that time. Never used a VPN too, it was all Yahoo, not Sega.