PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Revive Passion with Reoleplay?

Vanelle
May 21, 2016, 10:31 PM
It's as my title says. I've been playing this game since closed beta. I've had a blast over the years but PSO has become dead to me now. It's nothing what it used to be mainly cause the people made the experience and the community is pretty bad now. At least compared to before. I know, It's debatable but I'm not really here to do that. I wanna start playing this game again but I have no motivation. I've been doing a heck of a lot of roleplaying tho...like on forums and stuff.

I wouldn't mind having like a good friend to play the game with and do some light hearted rping to maybe motivate me into playing the game more and actually improving beyond where I'm at. I find that 12* can carry you thru anything so I don't bother with sheets. But I'm hoping maybe with an RP buddy, We can carry each other and motivate the other ya know? I have at least 15 characters on Ship 2 all of varied levels. I have Males and Females although tbh I think I only have 3 males if you count the trap.

The point is, While I'd prefer a lv 70+, It doesn't really matter what level you are. So long as you're...you know...mature and like not a troll I'd be fine with anything lol.

I'm 23 irl and Im on Eastern Time, GMT -5Hrs.

I can get on every day if I had a reason and Im usually available from like...10PM to 5PM or 10PM to 3PM then 8,9,10AM to 2PM.

depends really. Anyway, if interested, Search "Kokono" under character search in Visiphone. Last I checked only one name should pop up which is me. otherwise, My ID is No.IX: Yin but it uses special characters so direct search not really easy. (Not my fault I swear~)

Anyway. Looking forward to that.

You can reply here too...Idk if I'll notice it but if I do then hey~

Mega Ultra Chicken
May 22, 2016, 12:08 AM
I have a few people I RP with on Ship 10. It's pretty fun and I'd highly recommend giving it a shot.

I have some Ship 2 characters, but I'm not really on Ship 2 that much. And I only have a single level 75.

ZerotakerZX
May 22, 2016, 01:42 AM
I'm intrested in trying, but the problem is I have a really vague image of how RP could be performed via online game.

Triste
May 22, 2016, 01:57 AM
I'm intrested in trying, but the problem is I have a really vague image of how RP could be performed via online game.

PSO2 has a fairly robust chat function, somewhat hindered by the need to buy appropriate lobby actions for every scenario, so you already have most of the tools involved. You'd establish some sort of bond between the characters chosen, and communicate as though the gamified elements, like COs, were handled in a more realistic manner. I've seen a few roleplayers on Ship 2 comment on how certain NPCs were making their lives harder, meetings over coffee in Franka's Cafe, things like that.

It's really about framing the actions you and your partners take so that it feels like a fluid, continuous story of your own. Sure, you'll still be scrolling through menus, dealing with RNG, and waiting through maintenance, but the point is to push as much of that aside in your own head and let the characters you play as be the central focus.

Shinnomura
May 22, 2016, 04:13 AM
I'd be happy to if I were on the same ship lol, sadly I'm on 7

Aldotsk
May 22, 2016, 06:28 PM
If anything, you can try a discord RP if you want!

Totori
May 22, 2016, 07:54 PM
Or just RP on the shared ship.