PDA

View Full Version : Episodes 1-3 "Story so far"?

SasoriHanamura
May 22, 2016, 08:32 PM
So I haven't played in a while and I'm going through the story at the moment but I'm curious.

Can anyone give me a summary of what happened episodes through 1-3? What happens to characters, villains, etc. So I can start clean at Episode 4? Please and thank you.

DrCatco
May 22, 2016, 09:37 PM
You can see it in your room's console.

SasoriHanamura
May 22, 2016, 10:11 PM
You can see it in your room's console.

Wow, really? I feel dumb, thanks anyway.

Altiea
May 22, 2016, 10:31 PM
There's a summary video for EP1&2, but it's untranslated, I believe. I can try to break it down into its component parts, though.

EP1 is probably one of the least eventful Episodes next to EP4. The majority of it is spent meeting characters and telling the player about the world around them. Along the way, you meet this couple, Gettemhart and Melphonseana, and find a shard of the Clarissa, a Genesis Weapon. You spend most of the Episode running around rebuilding the Clarissa, but in Chapter 7, it's stolen during a Darker raid on Themis and Gettemhart gets it. He uses it and a voluntary sacrifice from Melphonseana to unseal Dark Falz Elder, who possesses Gettemhart. Zeno helps your party escape by staying behind. Then the ARKS goes fight Elder in space. Despite defeat, Elder adamantly refuses to give up, and vanishes.

Rest of EP1 is spent on Quna, talking about where who she is and her relation to the "Hadred" she's been chasing most of the Episode. It turns out that Hadred is a Chrome Dragon experimented on by ARKS who escaped from captivity, and Quna has been tasked with killing him. He's also Quna's only friend. Despite her reservations, she stays true to her mission, and Hadred dies in peace.

EP2 moves to Vopal, where you get entangled with Luther, head of Void. He's a Photoner who desires omniscience. To foil him, a boy named Xiao, an alternate version of Xion who's working with Sarah, grants you the power to travel through time, and you use this to save Zeno, who goes into hiding to train with Maria, a Council member. In the process, you team up with Echo, who becomes a Hunter to follow in Zeno's footsteps, and Matoi, a girl you found in EP1 who has amnesia. Theodore, whose girlfriend Ulc died in EP1 during the aforementioned raid on Themis, decides to join Luther and become a Deuman. As the story progresses, Matoi's power begins to grow, and Echo comes to terms with Zeno's "death". The story culminates at the Mothership, where Xion asks you to find her, but Luther manipulates the Council into turning everyone against you. You and Matoi are forced to fight through friend and foe to get to Luther until Quna and Casra expose Luther's machinations. Matoi is revealed to be able to wield Clarissa, and she uses it to unseal the final gate, where Luther is found and defeated. His anger at his loss causes him to become possessed by Dark Falz Loser, and your team goes to stop him. He's stopped, but begins taking over the Mothership. With the help of Xiao, ARKS evacuates the corrupted Mothership. ARKS is later sent there to defeat Loser, but when he is killed, Dark Falz Double consumes and clones Loser.

The back half of EP2 is spent on Matoi, who is revealed to be Klariskrays II, a member of the Council of Six. You spend some time bonding with her, but a Darker raid on an ARKS ship calls her to action. Matoi is nearly defeated by Dark Falz Apprentice, but Persona intervenes, defeating Apprentice. Afterwards, Persona nearly kills Matoi, but you rescue her, and it's revealed that Persona is a version of you from another timeline. Clarissa, KKII's weapon that holds a fragment of Xion, purifies Matoi from the corruption caused by Persona, but Xiao messes up the process of bringing you back to the present and brings Matoi forward in time, where she winds up in the Forest at the start of EP1.

EP3 moves to Harukotan (Halkotan?), inhabited by Shironians and Kuronians, two opposing races in the midst of a civil war. The war is held at bay by Sukunahime, the Ash Shrine Maiden, the offspring of the White Queen and the Black King that represents the unity between the two nations, and Kotoshiro, Sukunahime's bodyguard. You and Matoi investigate, but Double intervenes and heightens tensions, forcing Sukunahime to take action. Sukunahime approaches the Black King, who is revealed to be a clone made by Double, and by extension so are all Kuronians. You and Matoi are eaten while saving Sukunahime, and Luther helps you escape from Double's pocket universe. It is revealed that Double's plan is to revive the Profound Darkness, a man-made copy of Xion made by the Photoners that was corrupted and went awry. You and Matoi run into Double a second time and defeat them, but not before they attack you with a stockpile of corrupted Photons to turn you into the Profound Darkness. However, Matoi intervenes and becomes the Profound Darkness instead. With both the player and Matoi out of commission, Persona takes the Clarissa for itself.

The Profound Darkness finds its way to the Corrupted World, and Persona approaches the player with a proposition: to honor Matoi's last wish and kill her so that the universe can be saved. If you accept, you and Persona defeat Matoi Viel in combat, and Persona sacrifices itself to allow you to kill Matoi. However, this act transforms you into a new Persona, completing a time loop.
If you turn down this offer, you fend off Persona, after which you later arrive in the Corrupted World to face down the Profound Darkness, backed up by the efforts of the Council of Six. You make your way to Matoi, who becomes Viel Hunar and attacks. After you beat her, Matoi attempts to commit suicide and you attempt to stop her, but Persona intervenes and uses the Clarissa to absorb the corrupted Photons to that it becomes the Profound Darkness. Persona and Xion say their last goodbyes to Matoi and the player before they leave. ARKS then begins waging war on the Profound Darkness.

As for the lead-in to Episode 4...

Shortly after EP3 Chapter EX, where Eucreta gains a Genesis Weapon (involves a sideplot), you go into Cold Sleep to recover from fighting the Profound Darkness. A Newman, Aika, travels to Earth under Casra's directions to prevent the kidnapping of Earthlings instigated by Dark Falz Apprentice, who desires a host so that it may attempt to revive and invade Earth. Apprentice eventually revives by possessing Rina Izumi, but is resealed when Itsuki Tachibana defeats Apprentice and Aika absorbs Apprentice's essence. A chance expedition to Lillipa causes Apprentice's essence to erupt, forcing Matoi to purify Aika with Clarissa. Aika and Matoi fight off Dio Hunar, who was attracted by Apprentice's essence, and Matoi is sent into Cold Sleep to recover.

SasoriHanamura
May 23, 2016, 01:36 AM
Wow, thank you Altiea for the detailed summary. c:

Altiea
May 23, 2016, 01:47 AM
Wow, thank you Altiea for the detailed summary. c:

It's not that detailed, I pretty much skipped the Apprentice and Klariskrays III subplots and glossed over the anime.

loafhero
May 23, 2016, 02:07 AM
It's not that detailed, I pretty much skipped the Apprentice and Klariskrays III subplots and glossed over the anime.

It wasn't that relevant to the overall plot anyway.

Meteor Weapon
May 23, 2016, 02:07 AM
His anger at his loss causes him to become possessed by Dark Falz Loser, and your team goes to stop him.

He wasn't possessed, unlike Gettemhard Luther mutated into Dark Falz Loser with negative photons just as any past Photoner who become Falzes, such as Aurora. Luther is literally the first Dark Falz Loser just as Aurora is the first Dark Falz Apprentice.

Altiea
May 23, 2016, 02:19 AM
He wasn't possessed, unlike Gettemhard Luther mutated into Dark Falz Loser with negative photons just as any past Photoner who become Falzes, such as Aurora. Luther is literally the first Dark Falz Loser just as Aurora is the first Dark Falz Apprentice.

I figured something was wrong with that one. I can never seem to get it right.

Poyonche
May 23, 2016, 04:26 AM
Aika and Matoi fight off Dio Hunar, who was attracted by Apprentice's essence, and Matoi is sent into Cold Sleep to recover.

Oh I thought Dio Hunar just came to take Apprentice's essence because it didn't want Matoi to get close to corruption again (as Dio Hunar = Persona (so the MC) + Xion).

Altiea
May 23, 2016, 04:42 AM
Oh I thought Dio Hunar just came to take Apprentice's essence because it didn't want Matoi to get close to corruption again (as Dio Hunar = Persona (so the MC) + Xion).

I'm not too sure about this either, I'm just running on what the story thread mentioned, since this hasn't been translated yet.