PDA

View Full Version : What are the contents you really wish for?

SteveCZ
May 23, 2016, 05:58 AM
Hey guys! So I heard so many complaints on how the contents being rather flat, or the contents aren't exactly major contents you think it should be.
I'd like to know what you really want too!

So what do you want best to add, to turn your supreme boredom (yet still staying) into excitement towards the PSO2?

Example:
Remove EQ run limit feature,
give 14* weapons and 12* units,
Bring back space story and move us away from this anime-like earth story,
or you like the anime-like earth story and please stay that way,
Team member login time for Lilipan's sake,
Level 200 cap,
100 players EQ run,
Group attack like the one in the anime ending,
More PB chain functionality,
More multi-class 13* weapons,
new class/race,
Make tank or Hu/Su or Hu/Fo or Hu/- with blocking gunslash viable,
Special blocks where all enemies have double stats (with Star Gem incentive!),
Stop these layered wears being tickets,
More unforgiving boosted Ultimate Quests,
etc!

arokidaaron
May 23, 2016, 06:00 AM
The feature to tekk several items in 1 go.

Selphea
May 23, 2016, 06:06 AM
XH free fields with boost road and related collection files. So for example a boost road could bump RDR on Forest, Tundra and Ruins for a month and the collection file might need Malmoth, Oodan, Wonda, Zesh, Rockbear and Snow Banshee.

More competitive subclass choices, like /Bo sub doing maybe 2% better than /Hu if the player invests in a rainbow set, or /Br beating both /Bo and /Hu on weak points with charged attacks.

More playstyle-defining choices, like Gu being able to choose between being rewarded for zero range vs longer range, TATK Jet Boots being a viable Tech focused build rather than both T and S being about kicks.

And a 4P quest on the level of Endless Nightmare 4 or East/West Tower. How hard is it to throw everyone in a cramped dark room and spam UQ Signos then give a bunch of Yurlungurs at the end?

Poyonche
May 23, 2016, 06:12 AM
Ultimate Emergency Quest

Loser Yuga, Ultimate Mining Base ft. Yuga Darkers and instead of desert we fight during a snowstorm, would be great.

isCasted
May 23, 2016, 06:12 AM
Aggressive enemies. Old AI for Zeshrayda, Goronzoran, Diabo etc. Quests like Easter EQ that aren't EQs and for 4 people.

Really, is that a lot to ask?

NephyrisX
May 23, 2016, 06:18 AM
I just want to equip more than one Weapon camo at a time ;_;

Weiss9029
May 23, 2016, 06:26 AM
You can sorta get around that, one of the options lets you put the CTRL + F(#) buttons over the numpad for weapon swapping, allowing you to, say bind numpad 1-6 with different weapons and the corresponding camos, although I admit this is roundabout and may be annoying to setup

SteveCZ
May 23, 2016, 06:33 AM
The feature to tekk several items in 1 go.

Lool. It's one of the big wish. :D

You can use chat command to change weapon camos. Well, unless you want each palette has its own camo even for the same weapon.

Zeroem
May 23, 2016, 06:40 AM
- A tweak and rebalances in the whole game. Time for PSO2 to become Phantasy Star Online 2, not PP Star Online 2 or FoTe Star Online 2. Also for players to play whatever class combination they wanted without being shunned or get the mocking look.

- XH difficulty for all current maps.

- Expansion and integration of crafting system. Integrate it with Gathering system and unlock PA crafts and customization for all Techs and PAs, not just the unpopular one.

- AI improvements for all enemies. Make the difficulty represent how dangerous and aggresive the enemies would.

- QoL stuff (multiple tekking at the same time, compress all AQ stones into one stone, last login time, layered wear to follow CAST system for fashion instead of tickets, evolving and scaling NPC partner cards).

- Fix in Wild Easter-drop methods. For the love of Photons, I'm tired of seeing Dio from this kind of EQ (even though cubes is always appreciated).

Kondibon
May 23, 2016, 06:47 AM
More and longer premade quests. Specifically ones that aren't EQs, LQs, Story Quests, or TAs. :I

oratank
May 23, 2016, 06:54 AM
solo practice mission "ais vs everything"

otakun
May 23, 2016, 06:56 AM
Level cap increase (maybe not 200 right away but eventually)
Team member last login (of course)
More incentive to party with team mates
More incentive to be in a team at all. (The tree buff should be perm for just being in the team, that would keep people in teams and want them in larger active teams)
Class changes (like hunters being able to ACTUALLY tank, and other classes having different build options)
Defensive stat actually matter (which gives a reason to raise monster diffculty)
Mobs need less crowd control (not every mob needs a stun, dizzy, knockdown, knockback and so on, gets old when you are just grinding DOs)
6 member parties.

SilkaN
May 23, 2016, 06:57 AM
I'd like to see gameplay that is more about strategy and less about being a DPS wh0re.
Like, make tanks a necessity for some encounters, force player parties to have some diversity and so on.

Also, drop the horrid EQ system. This is the main reason why I lost any real interest in this game. I don't like it when the game tells me when I NEED to be online to get shit.

otakun
May 23, 2016, 07:03 AM
I'd like to see gameplay that is more about strategy and less about being a DPS wh0re.
Like, make tanks a necessity for some encounters, force player parties to have some diversity and so on.

Also, drop the horrid EQ system. This is the main reason why I lost any real interest in this game. I don't like it when the game tells me when I NEED to be online to get shit.

Well, at least, they seem to know people want that by giving the option for EQ triggers. A small step in the right direction of being able to set up your own MPA for EQ missions which would be good for team events.

TyroneSama
May 23, 2016, 07:08 AM
- Get rid of the ridiculous idea that everyone has to be on the same progression track. Add quests with plausible failure conditions, structured mechanics, and a little more diversity in encounter design than "zerg at these targets in order".
- Unfuck playing with other people. Fix the block system so that you can party with anyone you want at any time, then put a quest counter in team rooms and a class counter in the cafe.
- Deal with the ridiculous state of Fo/Te. There's almost no reason to play anything else in an optimized context, and it's kind of frustrating. (More diverse encounter design will help with this naturally!)
- Relevant 4-man content. 12-player encounters kind of get messy by their nature.
- Stun Concido craft pls.

黒雪Yacchi
May 23, 2016, 07:09 AM
- Rework Gunner and Ranger so they aren't so reliant on single target skills that have a long cool down just so they can do damage. I find it kind of messed up how you need CT and Wb to get any kind of decent damage out of those classes.
- Put S-atk and R-atk classes on par with Fo/Te
- Make Te main on par with Fo/Te in terms of viability outside support.
- Make Rappy suits more available, (Make seasonal Rappy suits recyclable)
- Make Base/Inner Wear retradable, the ticket bullshit fucked up the game's economy.
- Single Party (4-man) EQs so you don't have to rely on PUGs or if your team is dead at the time.

Petunia
May 23, 2016, 07:44 AM
Aggressive enemies. Old AI for Zeshrayda, Goronzoran, Diabo etc. Quests like Easter EQ that aren't EQs and for 4 people.

Really, is that a lot to ask?

Old AI? I don't think I noticed a change in their AI's, what was changed?

I want harder content and more new classes.

fanfred
May 23, 2016, 07:53 AM
cooler enemies,,,,finding these bears,dinos, helicopters and now a boat ,all pretty cheesy

The ability to set a group participation limit

Meteor Weapon
May 23, 2016, 08:04 AM
4 player very long Quest where we can fight Falzes and PD at the end of the Quest . They had those in previous games why can't we have it here? Are they gonna wait till the game die first before making any of those? They had tools to do so easily. No, TA doesn't count.

nguuuquaaa
May 23, 2016, 08:32 AM
- Tradable 13* and/or space rocks.
- Remove 10/11/12* weapon/unit pass system.
- Client Orders, Collection File, Extreme Pass issue and the like reset at fixed time of day/week.
- Timer on buff/debuff icons.
- Aggro revamped, so melee can actually grab aggro.
- Better multiplier for Shifta Advance, so TE actually worth maining.
- Better multiplier for TAJAB, so FI actually worth subbing.
- Can put tech/compound tech on weapon palette.
- Compound PAs :wacko:
- Challenge-Quest-difficulty normal quests with reasonable drops.

Evangelion X.XX
May 23, 2016, 08:53 AM
Ultimate Emergency Quest

Loser Yuga, Ultimate Mining Base ft. Yuga Darkers and instead of desert we fight during a snowstorm, would be great.

I would also like to see "Ultimate Mining Base Defense", I think that'd be pretty cool.

That or an epic "defend the Earth in Outer Space with AIS from some kind of existential threat"; and there's a timer that if it reaches zero, automatic failure. Maybe it might have two or three phases, perhaps in the first phase Earth is invaded, and there is mass destruction/hysteria on Earth, and you have to make your way to a secret AIS hanger on foot on Earth. Maybe the second phase, you have to protect a city and its citizens, and then the final phase is protecting the Earth in outer space against huge waves of enemies that are trying to invade it (using the new jet-pack-boost-dash-feature that was given to AIS), and also you have stop a massive-lazer-cannon from going off or something, that'll totally annihilate Earth.

But yeah, I really want something similar to TD, as its the only content that I find "fun".

Yden
May 23, 2016, 08:54 AM
I want a way to use AIS more regularly.

Imca
May 23, 2016, 08:54 AM
You can sorta get around that, one of the options lets you put the CTRL + F(#) buttons over the numpad for weapon swapping, allowing you to, say bind numpad 1-6 with different weapons and the corresponding camos, although I admit this is roundabout and may be annoying to setup

Okay, how do I do this, I would love to, but I dont fully understand what your saying. >.<

Azure Falcon
May 23, 2016, 08:56 AM
Literally any endgame content that isn't just grinding for 13*s that are worse than Austere or getting class cap cubes.

NightfallG
May 23, 2016, 10:00 AM
Better NT stuff. I get that they don't want to piss off people who did the grind needed for Orbit and Austere, but at some point they're going to have to give these things a reason to exist aside from being filler.

AlphaBlob
May 23, 2016, 10:10 AM
Make the boss for the upcoming fields have fun mechanics, kinda like Bal Rodos or Vol Opt from pso.

Lostbob117
May 23, 2016, 10:19 AM
Stop locking content of the game. Honestly, idk why content is locked behind things such as rng and scheduled times. The most fun mission right now is hardly playable due to being scheduled for certain times and it is not everyday. They should honestly remove a lot of the old boring content such as Arks Missions, and make more EQs into permanent quests. Becuse EQs are the most fun missions in the game. They can make EQs into random quests giving boosts for X time to balance them out.

AutumnChronicle
May 23, 2016, 10:22 AM
There're plenty of things I wished they had built into the game right from the beginning:
- Articulated fingers >_>
- Immersion via better environments and background story-telling. PSO made me feel like I was really exploring an alien planet and actually afraid to face Dark Falz/Olga Flow. PSU and its related titles made me feel like I was part of Gurhal because I was so aware of the civilization through all the different lobbies/cafes/names and references. PSO2 barely manages to make me vaguely aware that Oracle has people that exist beyond the lobby areas we see.
- Better My Room placement, a la The Sims. Wish you could actually place things against walls and close together instead of that weird grid we have now. Would be a nice touch to have My Room resembles actual homes too (Like how you had a changing room in PSU, which at least gives a sense that your character has a toilet or something. The immersion in PSO2 is broken slightly here.)

As for game content/balances:
- A SABER WEAPON CLASS. Not Swords, not GS, not DBs, just a good old-fashioned one-handed blade.
- An equivalent of compound techs for melee and ranged classes. They could even recycle SUVs from PSU for RA/GUs, that'd be totally cool.
- More PAs for BO (Even SU has more, what the hell?)
- SU Pet camos so they actually fit the aesthetics of the rest of the game.
- PSU costumes as layerwear.
- A way to quick travel that costs PP (at this point, they might as well since people are already using Guren/Ilzonde)
- Day/night transition in the shop area/Franka's Cafe.
- The ability to use your team tree without having to leave your block.
- The ability to choose what weapon your character uses in story mode cutscenes.
- Make 7* - 9* gear drop as regular orange/purple drops, or at least a way to distinguish them from 10* - 12*s on the field so you know which ones are cubes and which ones aren't.
- More freedom in recoloring costumes. If they're going to make colour change passes expensive to obtain, at least make them worth it.
- More missions like Solo ExQ that you can actually fail if you goof too hard. Something like that sidescrolling bonus mission in PSPo2 would be cool.

The sad thing is that most of these will never happen ; ;

Kintama
May 23, 2016, 10:37 AM
-4 players survival mode: Ennemies hit harder with less forgiving Ai, you start without mates resta is forbidden, to heal you have to loot mates from mobs and bosses, ship forbidden, moons forbidden and pb gauge fills at a much slower rate, maps would be randomly selected among à few prebuilt, would feature alternate routes, dead ends locking you on a trial, having to choose among différent possible routes, and finally would end after 5 or 6 maps.

- hunting game from Ff9, 12 players competing individually spawn in a quite extensive map containing bosses and large groups of tankier mobs spawning from time to time, players are rewarded points for every kill, kills are rewarded on percentage of damage rather than last hit, the player with the most points wins, you start with 3 monomates, after 3mn players can spend their points for more, dying means disqualification.

- Eq system reworked into rotation pass system quests: by completing all 3 featured quests you get a pass that allows access to an emergency quest of your choice between à daily rotating roster of eqs.

Xh free explorations BEFORE lvl 80 or i might lose it altogether.

I'll edit this post when i remember more of what i had in mind.

Losvaize
May 23, 2016, 10:42 AM
Bring matoi back in the lobby for episode 4
bring back sroll JA bonus
bring back chain banish
give us race specific abilities like in PSP2i
new field on earth (america)
make bullet keep not a main class skill and apply across all Ratk weapons, maybe then I'd actually be less reticent to use WB as GURA
remove field ceilings
wand PAs
recycle 10* and above eggs like weapons

Saelix
May 23, 2016, 10:46 AM
The game is way too messed up at this point and would require complete re-hauls to fix but it's fun to pretend

Just Attack Bonus on all Striking Classes with a cap so Combinations like Fi/Br Br/Bo aren't a complete joke

50 elem bonuses on Techs but changed so that element matching damage is unchanged but using the wrong element isn't completely useless(So make weaker things better but not stronger than existing powerhouses and it would never happens since $3G@ wants people to pay for skill trees to play tech classes correctly)

Conditional stances just need to fuck off and be reput as conditional damage multipliers like TAJA instead of Fury Stance and Average Stance being better despite not being conditional

Weak Bullet deleted and boss hp being adjusted

Give every striking class a form of massive hunter or delete CC from being on basic enemy attacks

Reduce pp cost and charge times of Bow PAs to be up to par with Rifles( One point takes 0 thought does way more dps than Master Shot and costs 20 less pp)

All the useful class related skill rings be put on the skill tree since all the good rings are generic as fuck damage multipliers

3 types of customization for every PA

Actual diversity in skill trees but that would require most different playstyles to be viable but no game ever has done that,must be impossible

Delete instant damage techs that nuke from 40 yards away or make tech customizations that are stronger than the ggez versions

Step dodge advance invincibility frames being automatic on every class

Automate quick drink automatic on every class

Craft Bonus being automatic on every class

Subclass exp bonus automatic on every class

Rework class weapons actives to be as interesting as Katana Combat rather than Bows and Jet boots getting "Oh you get to be a standard weapon for a limited time with actual dps and pp regeneration" skills

Tanking has never been a thing in any PS game so I won't ask for it

Gunslash getting damage buffs and really low pp costs so there's actually a reason to use them(Sega has always had a problem with the standard Saber being good unless its a broken weapon like Excalibur but remember we're just pretending)

NightlightPro
May 23, 2016, 10:50 AM
new lv cap 80+
ability to exchange a class excube for another class excube
more UQs
new maps and mobs (bosses)
new and better PAs
new difficulty (Hardcore?)
14* rares (only droppable on new difficulty)
tradable 13* (since 14*)
party limit up 6 people

cheapgunner
May 23, 2016, 11:27 AM
Allow us to Excube from the campship during EQs. This would an amazing addition.

Sirius-91
May 23, 2016, 11:57 AM
I'm actually quite appalled that SEGA refuses to acknowledge Vegans and the rights of animals in PSO2.

They should just removed Franka from the game entirely due to her atrocities in PSO2.

qoxolg
May 23, 2016, 12:09 PM
This game is a complete train wreck that and I don't believe that adding content will fix it. It will probably make it worse. More weapons? It's just the same boring 'more damage'. New areas? Every area in this game is the same with just a re-skin. Quests? It's just the same unbalanced crap because the difference in power between low tier and top tier players is to large to balance anything around. The worst part is that this game is exactly what the target audience wants anyway (we are clearly not the target audience).

The only thing that could save this game for me would be a complete overhaul. Here is what I would want:
- The randomly generated small areas need to go and make place for a uniquely crafted areas and quests. They could go with one large map for each area with different paths trough them. Quests should take longer, have more 'puzzles' in them to progress through and have interesting and recognizable parts. Free field would let you explore the whole map with CO's in the field and would be the only place where you can play with more then 4-6 people (12 man quests need to die).

- Level scaling! Please! This would keep old quests and old equipment still interesting.

- weapons have multiple stats and perks, basically like some RPG shooters do. More rate weapons have more unique perks or perk combinations and higher general stats. Stats are relative instead of level based, so a low level weapon with good stats and perks could still outperform a high level weapon in early quests.

- PA system needs to be replaced by a hack and slash combo system like Devil May Cry/Bayonetta. This would make combat a lot more fun and varied and would fix the whole one button spam game we have now.

- Current skill trees need to die and be brought down to only functional skills and 0 damage multipliers. Any thing that does multiply damage should be a short duration skill with a long cool down, only for burst damage.

- More overlapping weapons like PSO1. Like every class can use some of the basic weapons of the other classes and can actually use the proficiently. In general each class should have plenty of weapons to pick from with all different purposes.

- Varied length quests like 15/30 minute ones, but also raids that will take hours and actually have cool and new mechanics.

Soooooo, basically I have my hopes up for PSO3, and try to enjoy PSO2 for what it is :)

Rupikachu
May 23, 2016, 12:09 PM
Allow us to customize our new waifubot (xierra)

SolRiver
May 23, 2016, 12:21 PM
-Reduce duration of all invincibility moves.
-more challenge mode stuff
-allow weapon skin in challenge mode
-il foie buff -add even more risk reward factor to it
-buffed clones and more of them with higher frequency. Maybe even an EQ of 12 clones for 12vs12 mpa madness. 12 clones of ship's most geared.

oh and re:zero team/my room theme

Imca
May 23, 2016, 12:30 PM
Casts to be able to remove arm and leg parts when using layered wear or costumes so there are not two constantly wasted slots.

sparab
May 23, 2016, 12:34 PM
Casts to be able to remove arm and leg parts when using layered wear or costumes so there are not two constantly wasted slots.

If sega ever realize this is a problem, casts would have started with 52 bag space back in EP1.

Skye-Fox713
May 23, 2016, 04:50 PM
What I would like to see...

-Beast race or an equivlent
-Shotgun weapon class or new class that uses shotguns
-Map set pieces like from PSO ep 1&2 that showed how far you have progressed in the map and how much more you have to go.
-Use of any weapon as a weapon camo
-Choice of each team member to chose which team accessory to use. cape or hat

Repeating some stuff already listed

-equip more than one Weapon camo at a time
-evolving and scaling NPC partner cards
-More and longer premade quests. Specifically ones that aren't EQs, LQs, Story Quests, or TAs.
- Make Base/Inner Wear retradable [omg pls yes]
- Immersion via better environments and background story-telling. PSO made me feel like I was really exploring an alien planet and actually afraid to face Dark Falz/Olga Flow.
- Day/night transition in the shop area/Franka's Cafe.
- The ability to choose what weapon your character uses in story mode cutscenes.
-make bullet keep not a main class skill and apply across all Ratk weapons
-Step dodge advance invincibility frames being automatic on every class
-The randomly generated small areas need to go and make place for a uniquely crafted areas and quests. They could go with one large map for each area with different paths trough them. Progress through and have interesting and recognizable parts. [it would be nice for some of the shorter quests to have unique crafted maps for them]

QoL stuff
-The feature to tekk several items in 1 go.
-compress all AQ stones into one stone
-Last log in time for team members
-Permanent tree buffs while in team
- Articulated fingers on the character models
- The ability to use your team tree without having to leave your block.

That's what I can think of for now.

Tunga
May 23, 2016, 04:55 PM
ability to exchange a class excube for another class excube

:yes:

AlphaBlob
May 23, 2016, 05:12 PM
It would be nice to have quests be more rewarding the faster you clear them, that way people would be more interested in getting competitive.

Zyrusticae
May 23, 2016, 06:04 PM
Other folks have covered gameplay wants plenty. I focus on aesthetic needs.

I'm still waiting for my Black Rock Shooter outfit. Or even something like this:
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/tJgNJJb.jpg[/spoiler-box]

And how about:

Let us change our default stance, and even our running animation. You have all these idle animations in the game as it is, why not let us choose one? (And why do they all have better posture than the default?)
Fix the running animation to not look so fucking janky. If you're going to have 3 different run speeds, have a corresponding animation for each speed. (or make the wind up much, much faster)
WAY more variety in cells for each zone. Having less than 10 cell types in any given zone type defeats the entire fucking purpose of random generation. Seriously, it's pathetic.
ANY WEAPON AS WEAPON CAMO. This is dumb. The weapon camo system is ass-backwards. Give us rare custom skins as weapon camos, sure, but there is zero fucking reason to not let us turn any weapon we want into a camo at this point. Especially with how ugly the top-tier weapons are. Seriously, how can anyone look at the huge number of unused weapon models in the game and think that was dev time well spent? YOU MORONS.
Pipe dream, but the game could really benefit from some tessellation. Character models are still full of annoying jagged edges where there shouldn't be any.
And while I'm at it, fix the stupid inconsistency in the belly modeling! Why is this a thing!?

At this point, though, I'm more curious what they'd do with a hypothetical PSO3. Given what we've seen from Episode 4, however, I am absolutely unconvinced that they could do anything other than fuck it up. What a bloody shame.

Shoterxx
May 23, 2016, 06:09 PM
Not just content, but:

- Convert any weapon to camo through a new gimmick (i.e.: Reach +35 NT level to unlock camo of that weapon);
- Add survival mode, where mobs and bosses keep spawning in waves until all players die (once you go back to the ship, you can't come back), even if it comes with RDR, EXP and Meseta penalties;
- More map piece variety, really tired of seeing the same ones over and over again;
- More accessory slots and allow duplicates;
- Beast race w/ Nanoblast (I can dream);
- More costumes like Ballistic Coat, Tiger Pierce and Adventos and less "hey look, 17th to 21st century" clothing;
- Debuff techs, like Shifta and Deband but for mobs and bosses and, well, debuffs;
- Add weapon potentials that increase a specific skill level;
- Allow Photon Arts to be in the sub-pallete;
- Allow use of unlocked music disks anywhere as BGM (even if they don't have any battle or normal parts);
- Allow replacing Photon Blast with a passive Mag ability (charge affects overall chance of Mag abilities, additional stats with charge, higher attack rate, movement speed?);
- Allow gender and race swap (for a hefty fine);
- Weapon/Armor looks customization (but not happening);
- Armor Camo (just a thought);
- Camo bound per weapon, not player!;
- English localization (:P);
- "Surprise" Lobby invasions, because why not;
- An alternate stage for Franca's Cafe (just another thought);
- Give Dudu his own concert and display it at Franca's Stage;
- Make better use of those side rooms in the Shop area.

ratatosk
May 23, 2016, 06:30 PM
Two Things

-The ability to fuse with your mag like a certain boss we have fought (cough Viel cough) for some big eq or something

-You know those crazy race specific things we got in psp2i? I want those in some form i don't care if its a class or make it race specific again i want this gimme it (especially those infinity blasts persona does it why cant i do it)

My idea's are dumb

Flaoc
May 23, 2016, 06:45 PM
guren 2nd slash nerf (seriously) or just general guren nerf i wouldnt care (fote being op is a different story and cant really nerf it too hard without harming the class in general.. gj sega)

more things to do outside of eq

make some lq's as permanent quests

do something about the block system (doesnt really matter to me cause lel team eq but still needs to have something done about it if possible)

stop with the gating of things behind eq only.. sure let eq do it faster but not being forced to eq only is also great (which is why the badge system is nice for stones when the lq's are actually around.. slower yet lets you farm outside of eq) ya know pso1 where you could farm anything whenever you pleased? yea that was great wasnt it?

xh everything would be nice (collection file can be used as the excuse to xh everything as far as sega is concerned.. dont need new 13* per field) and plus aq only for 71+ is incredibly lame

level cap increased to 80 or higher.. if higher introduce the next difficulty where our 13*'s are actually balanced in

harder major boss eq's (i may eat this statement during super pd but i honestly do not expect much at all)

if new difficulty like above introduce new ai and new attack patterns to existing eq bosses (so far only luther got buffed and even then he dies too fast)

shrug

Meteor Weapon
May 23, 2016, 06:55 PM
Stop using point systems on Free Exploration because restarting a quest after getting 1000/1000 and end up being alone in the wrong MPA with no one in is a pain in the ass, I loathed Kuron and Tokyo for that. If I wanna complete the map, that's up for me to decide(going straight to boss) not the point system. Point systems are what makes the new maps absolutely dull even Ultimate.)

Great Pan
May 23, 2016, 07:21 PM
-Get rid of AC. Hail freemium users!

-Nerf WB from 4 to only 1 bullet with 3mins CD.

-Make HU Great Again.

-PVP Mode. I wanna be the strongest ARKS!

-Bring back the dark, gritty, space horror story. Enough with animu shit.

Achelousaurus
May 23, 2016, 07:27 PM
1) Slicers. Now!

2) Apparently Sega adds EQ triggers soon. Sounds hilariously trainwrecky right off the bat.
Cause as long as we don't have enemy count and stats adjusted to player count (e.g. S rank TD4 with 3/12), you will always need quite a few people for good results.
Sega should just give up EQs altogether as I keep saying and turn them into always available "raids" with less rewards than now.

3) Speaking of which, rare boost is a truly horrid concept and needs to be abolished, in turn drops are permanently buffed appropriately.
This entire GOTTA GO FAST mentality the game facilitates at the moment with limited EQs having 99% of the rewards in the game and boosters giving so many more rares for a limited time greatly reduces the fun, you're always rushing for one thing or another but can never simply enjoy and appreciate the game as is.
Always run top speed after that carrot and once you ate it, nothing left to do but wait for the next, being grumpy that you only got 2 bites when it's normally possible to get 4-5, if the others wouldn't just slow you down all the time.
In PSOBB I never rushed cause of boosters or shit, if stuff dropped, it dropped. Obviously PSOBB had terrible drop rates but we got sheets and trade ins now, so a decent cube drop rate and low 13* drop rates would work very well.
Not to mention, when rares stop being rare, they lose their purpose. They become worthless stuff we don't care about instead of awesome stuff.
Rare drop rate in new eqs with full boost is simply insane nowadays and 150 rares is common. What exactly is rare about shit that drops more often than regular weapons???
And the sole purpose of most is cubes.
Sega should greatly reduce 11* and lower drop rate in XH and instead drop cubes directly. Like Diablo 3. Unlike in Diablo 1 and 2, common item drop rate was greatly decreased and instead the gold drops directly so you don't have the inventory clusterfuck anymore but don't get less the stuff you are truly after either.

4) F***ING REMOVE THE F***ING CLUSTERF***!
E-trials still blind me:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/71cYf1p.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Reducing visual brightness is neat (but has the critical flaw of making ja circles entirely invisible) but just as much of a problem is the clusterfuck that comes from 12 people spamming techs and pas with large visuals ontop of a bunch mobs running around and a big boss doing its thing. Still getting sensory overload. FX of other people need to be much less intrusive, there need to be 2 versions of each FX, one for myself to appreciate and one for others to just show what I am using without annoying them, even only seeing the uncharged version isn't enough.

5) Bring back awesome massacre quests like Endless Nightmare and Max Attack.

6) Bring back awesome quests like Lost Weapons and Phantasmal World with fun stuff like puzzles, switches, etc. and new gimmicks.
Stuff like this is atm limited to tacos and cmode in PSO2, that's just silly.

7) add an alternate version of exploration that takes 30-60 minutes to beat but has more e-trials or something.

8) Fix bosses and enemies for melee. Adjust enemy ai to remove the ridiculous BS of fliers occasionally flying far out of melee range and bosses jerking their heads up out of melee range whenever you deal damage, making it incredibly hard to follow up compared to ranged that keeps spamming dps since nothing whatsoever changes for them.

9) for the LOVE OF GOD, fix lockon. It's the most broken piece of shit in the entire game and that's saying a lot. So very many action games have good lockon systems, why not take a hint or two from them?
Especially, remove ALL lockon for pointless enemy parts. I don't want to lockon to Ragne's pincers or Vol's anus, let us lockon only to parts that matter, i.e.stuff that is a weakpoint or can be broken. Only let us lockon to other stuff if the boss has neither (like Cougar).

10) let us lock on to all weakspots / heads.

11)endgame only raids/dungeons.
overdue for 3 years or so now.

12)more cmode, for real, and no watered down piss easy shit like cmode 2

13) Fix fi stances, gods they are annoying. And no, they are NOT reliable. Cause reliable means I attack and 95% of the time it ends up how I expected it. Not the moment I play with others or use any pas that move me it's a toss up.
Just did the Rain EQ and several enemies looked at me and just when I got into range decided to run after some lolis over there despite the lolis not even looking at them and not using warcry either.
If you have bad luck enemy AI will simply choose another target and that's that, not like warcry makes any real difference either when mobs never last more than 5 seconds.

14) speaking of which, fix the horrible aggro management. Allow hu to get more tanky skills without sacrificing large chunks of damage to let hu become at least a semi-"tank" without having to use guard stance or some shit.

15) Make Katana Great Again!
Seriously.
Doesn't have to be Shunka levels of op but atm katana is just sad. We get buffs 'n all but they never amount to much in the big picture. Katana still can't hold a candle to fi weapons even if you compare red series only on fibr vs fihu.
Could just make Combat JA bonus a regular JA bonus and it would help a lot.

16) raise status rate for affixes so they happen more than once a blue moon.
Doesn't have to be much but 2% is just too low.

17) fix game balance, i.e. my usual spiel: nerf WB until it's purple at all times in all quests (the 20% dmg boost is a nice buff for everyone and far from game breaking or making it so a run will be slow as hell without ra).
Severely nerf CT until it can no longer break the game. Nerf Zondeel and gravity bomb until you can't suck every enemy around in seconds and make mobbing a bad joke.
Fix the damage formula so multipliers don't apply as is but are added and then used, e.g. wise stance + wise boost = 65% dmg boost and not 75%.

18) add strong main class skills. Not just arbitrarily adding a main class only tag on random skills like Warbrave, Combat Escape or Sharpshooter, but more along the line of all of katana combat being mainclass only (not saying it should be, but new skills this important should be added), so that meta moves away from Fi/x and x/Gu which gets really, really stale cause all you do is repeat the exact same gimmick with another weapon.
LB this, LB that and chain everything under the sun. We got some incentives like current mainclass only skills and mainclass weapon titles but when chain can just get you triple damage easily and up 5x damage if you got the time, the only thing that could compare would be ohko boss button.

19) yea, ct should be mainclass only and tmg only like Suganuma apparently wanted.
Ilbarta needs to be nerfed as well so that you can't do 800% dmg (iirc) anymore, but to make it worthwhile each consecutive use until 7th should do more damage.
Like add some % every time so 7th would be 300% dmg or so.
Compound Techs need a nerf as well. They were supposed to be rare super moves but you it's possible them in under 10 seconds at times.
So either rare supermove or frequent burst option but really not both.

- Add survival mode, where mobs and bosses keep spawning in waves until all players die (once you go back to the ship, you can't come back), even if it comes with RDR, EXP and Meseta penalties;
lolnope.
This game is easy, any tech class has infinite healing readily available and you can easily kill stuff in seconds. So this would mean infinite rewards.
Apparently Warframe has a popular survival quest people do for several hours at a time. This would be the same and people would have to stop not cause they died or anything but because they filled up storage and inventory.
I really want massacre quests, but without a proper limit they ruin the game cause you can easily farm for everything and nothing is worth getting anymore.
13* used to be AMAZING. Now they drop at every turn and corner, I got no less than 10 13* JBs in the Rain eq already and a bunch of other 13* I don't do anything with.

[SPOILER-BOX]- Debuff techs, like Shifta and Deband but for mobs and bosses and, well, debuffs;[/SPOILER-BOX]
We have Jellen shot (which is pointless) and WB / Zanverse (both op).
Not to mention that playing a support fo used to be boring as fuck, JZ all day every day and the only good thing about it was tagging every enemy for exp.
In PSO2 we can kill far faster than in PSO so having to JZ every enemy would be retarded.

Let us change our default stance, and even our running animation. You have all these idle animations in the game as it is, why not let us choose one? (And why do they all have better posture than the default?)

Pipe dream, but the game could really benefit from some tessellation. Character models are still full of annoying jagged edges where there shouldn't be any.

True, the f***ing idle pose. It is literally Dio's pose from JJBA. No one sane would ever do that normally, it's a pose for FABULOUS people when they are feeling FABULOUS. just use the salon pose, it's that easy.

And really, the low polygon count defeats all waifuism. There is nothing interesting whatsoever about boobs that are octagons and look like you'd cut yourself if you'd touch them.

Xaelouse
May 23, 2016, 07:27 PM
Make skills that only work when you have certain classes as a subclass (I feel they may actually do this in the future when they actually figure out their own game).
Meaningful (and creative) debuffs/utility skills that aren't just weak bullet. TE desperately needs some.
Just an overhaul on most enemies in the game in general. Have some heavily resist certain weapons, techs, or PAs. Design some enemies around special properties on some of your moves (such as launch, stun, multi-hit. 3-button system is just sad for weapons like Katana right now). Design enemies according to the capabilities of the player for once.

doomdragon83
May 23, 2016, 07:32 PM
I want to say a lot of things but many of what i want has been said already and I'm a bit busy atm.

Stop using point systems on Free Exploration because restarting a quest after getting 1000/1000 and end up being alone in the wrong MPA with no one in is a pain in the ass, I loathed Kuron and Tokyo for that. If I wanna complete the map, that's up for me to decide(going straight to boss) not the point system. Point systems are what makes the new maps absolutely dull even Ultimate.)
For Kuron, they can make going to area 2 a condition for completing the free area. As long as you don't go to area 2, you can keep fighting and enemies will continue to spawn.

As for Tokyo, it's super tedious running around to where they want you to fight, that should be scrapped altogether.
Have Tokyo exploration like how I suggested Kuron to be but since there's no area 2, maybe have the condition of returning to where you first entered the field? :???:

SteveCZ
May 23, 2016, 07:53 PM
Stop using point systems on Free Exploration because restarting a quest after getting 1000/1000 and end up being alone in the wrong MPA with no one in is a pain in the ass, I loathed Kuron and Tokyo for that. If I wanna complete the map, that's up for me to decide(going straight to boss) not the point system.

:yes:
Knowing Tokyo and Kuron are the only XH free field maps, being unable to rush to the boss is just meh.
Even the Tokyo boss in ARKS quest has walls.

I'm actually quite appalled that SEGA refuses to acknowledge Vegans and the rights of animals in PSO2.

They should just removed Franka from the game entirely due to her atrocities in PSO2.

Even metals from Lilipa can't survive. Franka is the real beast..

Keilyn
May 23, 2016, 07:59 PM
Hey guys! So I heard so many complaints on how the contents being rather flat, or the contents aren't exactly major contents you think it should be.
I'd like to know what you really want too!

So what do you want best to add, to turn your supreme boredom (yet still staying) into excitement towards the PSO2?

Example:
Remove EQ run limit feature,
give 14* weapons and 12* units,
Bring back space story and move us away from this anime-like earth story,
or you like the anime-like earth story and please stay that way,
Team member login time for Lilipan's sake,
Level 200 cap,
100 players EQ run,
Group attack like the one in the anime ending,
More PB chain functionality,
More multi-class 13* weapons,
new class/race,
Make tank or Hu/Su or Hu/Fo or Hu/- with blocking gunslash viable,
Special blocks where all enemies have double stats (with Star Gem incentive!),
Stop these layered wears being tickets,
More unforgiving boosted Ultimate Quests,
etc!

Things I want:

Game Balance:

~I want a redesign of all the skill class trees in order to make sure that each class has its own functional meta instead of Melee/Ranged/Techs following the same damage meta.
~I want a redesign of the Subclass System to make them more compatible in some areas but to be clear on what subclass elements truly are mainclass/subclass. As well as allowing Main Class to use Subclass Weapons without having to craft them (Since we have the +10% already on Main Class Weapons)
~Difficulty Scaling and Balance - There is no reason why a Level 50 player should be able to strike down a Level 70 boss with ease.
~Scalable EndBoss Fighting: I would love to see this happen... where at 12 players the boss throws everything possible instead of saying "Here I am. please kill me!" After the whole Yamato EQ, Im like "Ewwww...." at how easy it is.

Add-Ons:
~Reward Database: I love what XQ missions do. I wish we could have a Reward Database where everything that we pickup goes to a Database, at the end of the mission...based on the filters we have set...our rewards enter our inventory...

This means if I pick up 200 - 300 items and I only want to keep Special Weapons, 13* Weapons, and Disks over Level 10.. I should only get those items and everything else returns to me as meseta...

Difficulty
~I want "Endless Nightmare" to return as well as have Missions that are designed strictly for four players and planned out for four players....not just the idea that "four players can join, but one can annihilate everything"
~I want a Difficulty to Level System in which our Experience Points and drop rate Scale based on the kind of challenge we select....So we are given the right to pick something crazy like enemies getting heavier attack power/health and greater spawn frequency.....while we get to select to be at Entry Character Level....affecting only our stats (not skill points) as well as health...
~I want an "Endless Rage" Challenge or Difficulty where multiple boss monsters spawn without being capable of being Stun-locked, with stronger breakable spots and always in-rage mode against 12 person MPAs.....(or just play a sick sad joke and give us 9 Buffed Gaozorans from PSU. I always liked their 3000 - 5000 point fireballs)

This way we can make things harder for solo or four-players at our own desire and have higher drop rates and tougher gameplay to show for it. It also would allow us to make things far more interesting....

This was what made SBx amazing. I could pick between Solo Dungeon, Team Dungeon, Extra Hard Team Dungeon, Extra Hard Solo Dungeon, and a fifth level that was the name of a key....which lead to special things...

Cosmetics:

~I want for more to exist on what we can do with our weapons. I love how we could change the photon blade color on ideal weapons. I wish a lot more existed with our own weapons outside of just changing the looks...
~I want more costumes from the original PSO to return...
~Though it wont ever happen... I wish for all Cosmetic Items used to be Account-Bound. (A lot of games have changed from Character-Bound to Account Bound Cosmetics)

Photon Arts/Techs
~try to make as many of the PAs/Techs useful....

I have a lot more to write, but I don't want to make this too long....

Zyrusticae
May 23, 2016, 08:39 PM
lolnope.
This game is easy, any tech class has infinite healing readily available and you can easily kill stuff in seconds. So this would mean infinite rewards.
Apparently Warframe has a popular survival quest people do for several hours at a time. This would be the same and people would have to stop not cause they died or anything but because they filled up storage and inventory.
I really want massacre quests, but without a proper limit they ruin the game cause you can easily farm for everything and nothing is worth getting anymore.
13* used to be AMAZING. Now they drop at every turn and corner, I got no less than 10 13* JBs in the Rain eq already and a bunch of other 13* I don't do anything with.
Warframe has several infinite game modes where you can keep going until it's impossible to go any further, so it's baked into the design of the game itself. Defense, Excavation, Interception, and of course Survival are all capable of an infinite number of waves (though in practice, the game's HP and defense scaling means you do have to stop eventually).

Note that most of these have the enemies start at very low levels and gradually go up in level the longer you stick around, so there is a minimum time investment required to get anything out of them. Such a mode could work similarly in PSO2. If you're worried about people farming these for infinite loot, just give them a lockout of some kind (you know, advance capsules or XQ passes or whatever).

Seems a bit silly to omit what is one of the most popular and entertaining game modes out of concern for something as arbitrary as drop rates.

~Reward Database: I love what XQ missions do. I wish we could have a Reward Database where everything that we pickup goes to a Database, at the end of the mission...based on the filters we have set...our rewards enter our inventory...

This means if I pick up 200 - 300 items and I only want to keep Special Weapons, 13* Weapons, and Disks over Level 10.. I should only get those items and everything else returns to me as meseta...

Well, hey, that sounds bloody amazing!

Except they'd never go for it because they sell inventory space in the cash shop. Grumble grumble, mutter mutter.

Meteor Weapon
May 23, 2016, 09:47 PM
I want to say a lot of things but many of what i want has been said already and I'm a bit busy atm.

For Kuron, they can make going to area 2 a condition for completing the free area. As long as you don't go to area 2, you can keep fighting and enemies will continue to spawn.

As for Tokyo, it's super tedious running around to where they want you to fight, that should be scrapped altogether.
Have Tokyo exploration like how I suggested Kuron to be but since there's no area 2, maybe have the condition of returning to where you first entered the field? :???:

The problem with Kuron is that once you reach 1000/1000 you're forced to go back to campship and restart.

TaigaUC
May 23, 2016, 09:59 PM
Already listed my complaints too many times.

One thing I really expected from episode 4 was XH for all quests.
Seriously, what the hell. Dripfeeding much?

silo1991
May 23, 2016, 10:45 PM
1 been able to trade with my friends without AC seriously that's a sin in MMOs
2 if sega wants to continue with the earth issue , at least should be more creative with the enemies just like train ghidoran, it was the only enemy in tokyo which gives me the witty vibe just like the enemies from other maps . also yamato didnt exite me , not even a chance :P
3 make XH quest from existent free fields and arks quest
4 a challenge quest where we use AIS and play a survival mode or something like that
5 make random magatsu , profund darkness , TD 4 and especially yamato EQs
6 nerf the wheel kuronite :P seriusly that boss is hard to kill if you are a S-atk and R-atk classes and yes i dont have trouble with T-atk classes :/

Altiea
May 23, 2016, 10:47 PM
6 nerf the wheel kuronite :P seriusly that boss is hard to kill if you are a S-atk and R-atk classes and yes i dont have trouble with T-atk classes :/

Why is he hard? You just have break the rings then keep smacking him until he falls over. Then it's just smack him with as much damage until he dies. This pretty much describes any boss minus the rings part.

Korima
May 23, 2016, 10:57 PM
Just make a better game but Sega... seriously what is Sega Japan doing now? Yakuza?

wefwq
May 23, 2016, 11:15 PM
- Jukebox feature for quest map (should be accessible from quick menu or something)
- Last login for friend/team list
- Add "favorite" mark to friend partner listing
- New challenge quest survival, kill never stopping enemy spawn until everyone dies
- Nerf WB and make it only affect it's own user, just like SU's
- Change every free exploration quest format to be like shironia/facility (2 area only, no quest points)
- Convert back used ticket items back to its ticket form (they can make those ticket to be untradeable i don't care, at least i can move it to different character)
- Level req for party setting affect subclass level
- Ability to recycle pet eggs
- Remove *item name*(10) from any shop
- Ability to equip more than 1 weapon camo
- Skill equivalent to compound tech for non tech-classes
- Ability to buy 1 additional skill tree for each classes using SG (the rest still require AC)
- Ability to revert 1 skill level and refund 1 SP back (pretty much like mag level down feature)

NoobSpectre
May 24, 2016, 02:42 AM
- raCAST able to shoot while hovering (not revert to slow jog, though hover speed is as slow as that).... when?

doomdragon83
May 24, 2016, 03:27 AM
The problem with Kuron is that once you reach 1000/1000 you're forced to go back to campship and restart.
My suggestion, that is what I want to happen, is to change Kuron so that when you get 1000/1000, you must go to area 2 if you want to complete the free exploration.
Until that is done, enemies will keep spawning so you can stay and keep killing them if you want.
Considering my suggestion for Tokyo, maybe Kuron can have that same condition where you must go to the campship via the exact telepipe you started from in order to complete the free exploration.

.razor.
May 24, 2016, 04:41 AM
more costumes

Günther
May 24, 2016, 11:00 AM
Knuckle shift action and ducking blow counts as a parry.

黒雪Yacchi
May 24, 2016, 11:16 AM
Pistol whipping for TMGs

Loveless62
May 24, 2016, 11:17 AM
Allow support partners to be sent out to get fish and gathering materials.
Make UQs more relevant again. Add Ultimate Arks Quests that are designed for 1-4 players to complete. Or maybe Ultimate TAs?
Bring back Ob Lilies :-D

silo1991
May 24, 2016, 01:53 PM
Why is he hard? You just have break the rings then keep smacking him until he falls over. Then it's just smack him with as much damage until he dies. This pretty much describes any boss minus the rings part.

as ranger: he is just turning around his wheel as soon as i have a chance to shot even with one point PA i end up having a hard time with this damm wheel

any melee class: pretty much the same

hitting the rings doesnt change the fact of the wheel works as a shield not even piercing PA can hurt him significantly

isCasted
May 24, 2016, 02:04 PM
If your End Attraction is not strong enough, there's old Upper Trap -> Satellite Cannon trick.
Melee /Hu subs and mains can use Holding Current (distance yourself well enough so wires end at his body), but I usually go full ham with a Sword or DS expecting rings to break automatically.

ArcaneTechs
May 24, 2016, 02:08 PM
Phantasy Star Online 3

sparab
May 24, 2016, 11:03 PM
No more nakamura
No more eggs
No more gathering
No more SG

And separate PC/PS4 blocks

nguuuquaaa
May 24, 2016, 11:11 PM
as ranger: he is just turning around his wheel as soon as i have a chance to shot even with one point PA i end up having a hard time with this damm wheel

any melee class: pretty much the same

hitting the rings doesnt change the fact of the wheel works as a shield not even piercing PA can hurt him significantly

As RA: Upper Trap
As FI: Twin Dagger
As FO: Fomelgion

What's so hard?

Zorua
May 24, 2016, 11:14 PM
Something fun to do that isn't a waste of time outside of EQs. The game is so fucking dry when there isn't a decent LQ to run these days. I'd also like to see SEGA cut the whole "good EQs are scheduled only" bullshit out. The whole argument they made about people getting mad because there are EQs they miss is frustratingly stupid. If you couldn't be there to run it, that shouldn't bother you at all. Removing the good EQs from the randomized list just limits the content available to the people that are able to be on at the time. Better yet, let's remove the garbage-tier EQs like Subdue Fang Banther from the list too.

PS: GUNSLASH BULLET KEEP [screaming]

Ahri
May 24, 2016, 11:14 PM
Increase the level cap
Left ring for ranger, Br bow and for Su
Right ring with Attack PP Restorate
And wep 14*, units 12*

suzaku0zero0
May 24, 2016, 11:21 PM
Customize ais like a cast
Mout on pets
Pvp/team v team
A tank to drive in instead of AIS
Pet camos

Keilyn
May 25, 2016, 12:25 AM
As RA: Upper Trap
As FI: Twin Dagger
As FO: Fomelgion

What's so hard?

Outside of XH,
and thanks to all of the weapon additions in the last two months..

Gunslashes do wonders as well....

Etherwolf
May 25, 2016, 01:05 AM
Let's see...I would like...Ok, if not one then the next:

A complete rework of the class system. I miss the licensing system from Phantasy Star Portable 2. It was great being able to use out-of-class weapons because you actually practice with them--ie gained experience when equipped with the weapon and licence. It was just as great to be able to mix and match your single-hand weapons. That being said, you'd have to change the weapons as well. Which leads to my next point,

Sword, shield, and the like as weapons. All I want is a functional single-sword class or weapon for this game. Two-handed sword just feels bulky af, and not very satisfying to use. Katana is too draw-slashy for my taste. I don't even need to mention anything about the Gunslash. A single-hand Sword weapon that has more power than a Katana and more speed than the standard Sword would be nice. As with the previous game, it'd be cool and acrobatic yet still powerful. But speaking of Gunslash,

A class dedicated to Gunslashes would be nice. It'd have skills where you can put point in to specialize in melee or range mode, and perhaps even a Gear that increases overall damage and even attack speed that increases when you switch modes. Gunslash is the closest thing to a good single-hand Sword weapon. I'd hate for it to be just the gag weapon of the game.

I don't really care for this, but maybe having the possibility to actually decide between a melee-focused Gunslash that's shift action is a single blast or a range-focused Gunslash that's shift action is a single powerful thrust would be nice. With a Gunslash class as well, you can specialize in a Final Fantasy 8-style Gunblade or a futuristic Bayonet!

A man can dream...

TaigaUC
May 25, 2016, 02:05 AM
Wanted to laugh at this somewhere:
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=8969

New Time Attack campaign.
If you manage to rank between 21 and 100 you will get ONE STAR GEM!
You know you want it!

Xion14Blade
May 25, 2016, 02:16 AM
In case this hasn't been put out yet
http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=8947

Translated:
Login Stamp Reward Changes as of Early June Details

Here are the Item Lists
Large Ishana Source Pyroxene (10) to Star Gems (5)
Large Himalaya Snow Pyroxene (10) to Star Gems (5)
Large Prithvi Earth Pyroxene (10) to Star Gems (5)
Large Vayu Wind Pyroxene (10) to Star Gems (5)
Large Sarasvati Weath Pyroxene (10) to Star Gems (5)
Large Yama Soul Pyroxene (10) to Star Gems (5)
Grind Success Rate +10% (3) to Grind Success Rate +30% (3)
Grind Risk Reduction +2 (5) to Good Fishing Rod (5)
Grind Success Rate +30% (1) to Good Collecting Axe (5)
Grind Skip -> 5 (1) to Grind Great Success Rate +50% (2)

NOTE: The rest of the Stamp rewards not on the list will remain the same after the changes.

SteveCZ
May 25, 2016, 02:25 AM
In case this hasn't been put out yet
http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=8947

Translated:
Login Stamp Reward Changes as of Early June Details

Here are the Item Lists

NOTE: The rest of the Stamp rewards not on the list will remain the same after the changes.

NEW WISH: Free Grind Skip -> 5 :(

TaigaUC
May 25, 2016, 02:41 AM
Yeah, I need those grind skip -> 5.
Well, not really since I already have the weapons I need.
Still...

Meteor Weapon
May 25, 2016, 02:44 AM
Grind Risk Reduction +2 (5) to Good Fishing Rod (5)
Grind Success Rate +30% (1) to Good Collecting Axe (5)

Fuck you Sega...seriously fuck you. Unless they'd give another source of the items where I can get it without too much resource, until then...fuck them.

milranduil
May 25, 2016, 02:50 AM
They swapped the 10%s for 30%s so those aren't gone. +2's are in funshop.

Altiea
May 25, 2016, 02:50 AM
I'm okay with losing the Pyroxenes, but swapping out old Grind stuff for the new stuff is upsetting. This is probably the first change in EP4 so far that I'm not really okay with.

Altiea
May 25, 2016, 02:51 AM
They swapped the 10%s for 30%s so those aren't gone. +2's are in funshop.

But they didn't. The Grind Success +10% is being traded for a Grind Great Success +30%. They're functionally different; the latter is for NT only.

milranduil
May 25, 2016, 02:59 AM
But they didn't. The Grind Success +10% is being traded for a Grind Great Success +30%. They're functionally different; the latter is for NT only.

i just woke up, didn't see the 'great' :D

TaigaUC
May 25, 2016, 03:22 AM
GREAT SUCCESS!

Keilyn
May 25, 2016, 03:23 AM

So does this mean that they are making it easier to grind NT-WEAPONS and harder to grind the Non-NT weapons?....

I feel kind of weird about all of this...
Like if this game just entered another transitional period where almost every investment is risky...

Altiea
May 25, 2016, 03:27 AM

So does this mean that they are making it easier to grind NT-WEAPONS and harder to grind the Non-NT weapons?....

I feel kind of weird about all of this...
Like if this game just entered another transitional period where almost every investment is risky...

As I said to someone, "out with the old, in with the new", as they say. They're damn well gonna push these new systems, because screw the old ones. Time to lament over how Grinding Austere is suddenly going to get 20x more expensive and harder. I might as well just do Collect File for a Hyper Roller instead.

Hrith
May 25, 2016, 05:40 AM
Getting rid of emergency missions altogether would be my first want. Not really new content, but I'm otherwise happy with what the game has to offer.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 25, 2016, 06:12 AM
I'd have to go through my own post history to put down everything I want, but I guess I'll make it short;

More depth to combat: giving us DOTs that can't stack with themselves, debuffs, etc on different PAs would be a start. If I want to be more extreme, I'd suggest making the skill trees be used for customizing PAs like blade & soul's.

Less mindless 12 man mpa content with no chance of failure. More things like TD4, and less things like yamato.

Single party objective based ultimate quests with enough incentives to keep people coming.

Another challenge quest similar to CM1 in length, nuances, and PA/disk availability (CM2 just throws some of the best PAs/techs in the game at you) with an incentive that will keep players coming back.

AC scratch split into subcategories.

I'm not one for big original ideas. Game is full of good stuff with potential that they miss the mark/neglect.

Gourd
May 25, 2016, 05:52 PM
Ditch. The shitty. Ability system.

I would much rather there be small skill trees where you can do special grinding to get ability points and go down a tree to get specific affixes. Maybe something like Borderlands where it's 3 skill trees that focus on different attributes with a maximum amount of skill points.
And maybe only gold rarities get skill trees and the higher the rarity, the more skills they can get and the better affixes you'll have. And capstones can be shit like Soul Receptor and what not.

Because ability grinding as it is the worst upgrading mechanic I have ever seen in an RPG. I don't even bother.

EspeonageTieler
May 25, 2016, 09:30 PM
gimme weapon and unit transmog please

Uncle_bob
May 25, 2016, 10:59 PM
Remove eggs from the game
Remove Magatsu bonus quests
816 anyone that has Summoner above level 1
816 anyone that uses animal accessories
Add XH difficulty to existing quests that don't have them
Make Ultimate relevant again
Consolidate all these god damned stones into a single currency type holy shit

Keilyn
May 25, 2016, 11:45 PM
I'd have to go through my own post history to put down everything I want, but I guess I'll make it short;

More depth to combat: giving us DOTs that can't stack with themselves, debuffs, etc on different PAs would be a start. If I want to be more extreme, I'd suggest making the skill trees be used for customizing PAs like blade & soul's.

Less mindless 12 man mpa content with no chance of failure. More things like TD4, and less things like yamato.

Single party objective based ultimate quests with enough incentives to keep people coming.

Another challenge quest similar to CM1 in length, nuances, and PA/disk availability (CM2 just throws some of the best PAs/techs in the game at you) with an incentive that will keep players coming back.

AC scratch split into subcategories.

I'm not one for big original ideas. Game is full of good stuff with potential that they miss the mark/neglect.

One of the cute things to Fighter/Techer.... Five Digit numbers in Damage Over Time is nice on Sub-bosses. However, more combat depth won't be achieved under the current system where level 50s can destroy level 70s.

Guild Wars 2 and Black Desert Online both use a Skill-Based Combat System, just like PSO-2 uses a Photon Art/Tech based combat system. Its true normal attack exists in wands, but the major focus are on the Photon Arts which take the place of Skills.

The other games are more Combat-Worthy, but don't have the Dungeon Crawling, Time-Attacking Element that PSO-2 has were measurement at the individual level can come in.

I guess in order to make a better Real Time Combat system, there has to be a reason to think, a reason to fight... and most of all... a reason why comboing is worth it. As long as we are wiping out trash mobs in 2 hits, sub-bosses in 3 hits, and major bosses in four.... that won't go anywhere.

I feel that PSO-2 is like combining two opposites together to make it work. The two make the game unique in having opposites, but the two eat away at each other. Gives just enough to make the game worth it, but by the very same...it also becomes the reason why the game can not advance in the way that it should advance.

cheapgunner
May 26, 2016, 01:00 AM
Add a conversion of 5 gold badges for 1 Tokyo stone pls. No one is running that godawful Free Tokyo quest atm for stones, as least give them more of an out besides getting lucky and getting a tokyo bonus pass.

KroDragon
May 26, 2016, 01:55 AM
Not sure if anyone's said this but Weak Bullet for Gunslash
(please :c)

Hrith
May 26, 2016, 03:43 AM
Remove eggs from the game.Without going to such extreme lengths, I really do not see the point of eggs dropping in Special Egg format, unless it was SEGA's idea to make us spend millions more meseta at Chiara's. The element of your egg is determined by the first one you use, there is no RNG to it, so giving us the option to choose the element is a waste of time and money.

Make Ultimate relevant again.
The only reason that mode - otherwise very fun to play - is a failure is because it's an MPA. Same with challenge mode. Same with emergencies.

Consolidate all these god damned stones into a single currency type holy shitThey could easily create a 'currency' tab that uses no inventory space, like so many games do >_>

Didn't know you were still around, umkeru.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 26, 2016, 04:58 AM
The only reason that mode - otherwise very fun to play - is a failure is because it's an MPA. Same with challenge mode. Same with emergencies.

Mining base defense is fine as an MPA.

CM is fine as an MPA. Especially before the VR decay adjustment, people had to pull their weight and be efficient.

Yamato is... sorta fine as an MPA. Problem is it's too easy; you literally can't fail it even if you went in solo (unless there's a stringent time limit I haven't paid attention to). The number of players in this quest isn't its main problem.

Most emergencies (yamato included) and MPA quests are just 'kill until' instead of 'kill before xxxx happens' (TD, CM), or some other more difficult objective, which is the main problem. I'll grant that ult is an exception to that by being a 'kill until' quest which was challenging with less people and parties thanks to AI aggression (pre-nerf), but gets steamrolled by the number of players.

Keilyn
May 26, 2016, 06:18 AM
Continuing to this thread.....

Something that I want.....
...and yes.. people can burn me at the stake for this..

I want an ELITE ship where one has to place to get into the ship. Where the weapons and units there are more advanced but are there due to the increased A.I, challenge and whatever is added. If such a thing existed I would do all I can to Qualify to leave Ship 2 behind...

At least with an Elite Ship in existence...
Veteran Players can get their fix and needs met, while those who wish to have their hands held could do so in the other ships...

Ziel
May 26, 2016, 07:57 AM
Mining base defense is fine as an MPA.

CM is fine as an MPA. Especially before the VR decay adjustment, people had to pull their weight and be efficient.

Yamato is... sorta fine as an MPA. Problem is it's too easy; you literally can't fail it even if you went in solo (unless there's a stringent time limit I haven't paid attention to). The number of players in this quest isn't its main problem.

Most emergencies (yamato included) and MPA quests are just 'kill until' instead of 'kill before xxxx happens' (TD, CM), or some other more difficult objective, which is the main problem. I'll grant that ult is an exception to that by being a 'kill until' quest which was challenging with less people and parties thanks to AI aggression (pre-nerf), but gets steamrolled by the number of players.

Well as someone who has been screwed many times over by rng when "anga farm" was a thing (200 kills 0 13*s), by 630s, by bad TD3/4 MPAs (axeon heros and what not) i was finally glad with the stone/sheet system because my gear ceiling did not depend on other people anymore, maybe you have a big team, or a lot of friends to organize TD4, i dont.

Im actually a bit glad that some people not killing a stupid missile doesnt screw my progress over, given that the collect sheets are time limited.

What would i want from this game (TL;DR AHEAD)? If i were the director i would:
-Acknowledge "ganjins"
-Megaserver per ship, screw block system, dearly. With the backlash of now having to deal with b01 in the main lobby.
-Point above would need a rework and resize of lobbys to accomodate playerbase.
-Every PA needs a custom, techs have it, not to mention "combi techs" #equality
-Make DPS not 80% reliant on WB/Weakspots/Chain/Volg/Niche-that-bosses-can-slap-you-and-screw-you-cause-lol-cooldowns, you either nuke or do shit damage unless you´re Fo, Su or some other classes.
-Rework most skill trees to have less redundancy and more uniqueness to the classes
-Let you use Subclass gear whitout niche´ing the build
-Remove or nerf the stupid amount of "Rare eggs" we get, or at least make them cube-able, the amount of cubes i dont get for trash eggs is ridiculous.

-Add all the stupid "2015 Gold/Silver badge" content to this and nexts year and so on badge shop, having that amount of content locked is simply silly (im the only one pissed i cant buy those camos?)

-Make craft relevant, let people Craft-Grind/Affix with higher success/risk reductions and scrap all the "support items" (now that old grinding system went down the drain and nobody will buy AC support items, its feasible)

-Make all layerwear tradeable, cast-style, screw tickets.
-Speaking about tickets, make all Accesories/Hairs account-wide
-Make all "booster/engine/vernier" accesories emit the same effects cast hover has
-Speaking of which, let casts "fire and hover" with rifles/gunslash and all move-attack weapons

-Make a "rappy castle" field where you fight knight-rappies to finally get to a giant emperappy who drops 2x the amount of fodders, maybe a bonus quest gold thing.

-Allow "Tokyo Dash" at the cost of PP with maybe nerfed speed so non-guren peasants can actually travel quickly in TD

-Revamp matchmaking to avoid leechers (Atk check? minimum weapon rarity? let people decide with who the fuq they wanna run it instead of block system?)

Guess thats all for now.

TaigaUC
May 26, 2016, 09:02 AM
I think the problem is SEGA has designed a lot of the content to be clearable by casuals banding together in large groups to overwhelm stuff.
Which isn't really fun for more serious players.

Of course, you can play the existing content with less people for a challenge.
But it's not really designed to be fun in that way.

I'm sure the game would be very different if they focused more on small group challenges.
But they don't seem to have much interest in doing that.
It's rare that they do add something like Solo XQ or the new XH TA, and they always feel kinda detached from everything else, in terms of rewards, gains, etc.
Like they're sort of just an afterthought to shut us up while they focus on their beloved casuals.

To be clear, I'm not saying casuals shouldn't be allowed to play.
I'm saying SEGA tries to throw everyone into one big pot and stir. Which usually doesn't result in a good game.
Isn't there a phrase that's something like, if you're greedy enough to try and ensnare all audiences, you will end up with none?

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 26, 2016, 09:33 AM
Well as someone who has been screwed many times over by rng when "anga farm" was a thing (200 kills 0 13*s), by 630s, by bad TD3/4 MPAs (axeon heros and what not) i was finally glad with the stone/sheet system because my gear ceiling did not depend on other people anymore, maybe you have a big team, or a lot of friends to organize TD4, i dont.

I am not in a big team, nor do I have many MPA-makers on my friends list. I can appreciate the game actually throwing something at me that doesn't feel like a chore I could sleep through.

Im actually a bit glad that some people not killing a stupid missile doesnt screw my progress over, given that the collect sheets are time limited.

Eh... not the best example. I wouldn't suggest an auto fail if one missile got through, and the collection sheets having a deadline is just a stupid choice they shouldn't have made in the first place imo.

Now if whatever thing that deploys the AIS was close enough to the battle to take damage/be destroyed eventually, and be ranked according to how much HP it had at the end, that would make it a bit more interesting.

MightyHarken
May 26, 2016, 10:04 AM
* full costume recolors.
*more indoor map level designs, like in PSO. (SEABED)
*Ultimate mode in free explores.
*add level cap to 80 with another 5sp class cubes quest to total 10 SP.
(After all, what's the point of nerfing how much SP we can get? not letting us get fun thing in skill trees and just go for damage multipliers?) At least ranger and hunter could fully enjoy all the special traits both classes offer.

Shinmarizu
May 26, 2016, 10:11 AM
I think the problem is SEGA has designed a lot of the content to be clearable by casuals banding together in large groups to overwhelm stuff.
Which isn't really fun for more serious players.

Of course, you can play the existing content with less people for a challenge.
But it's not really designed to be fun in that way.

I'm sure the game would be very different if they focused more on small group challenges.
But they don't seem to have much interest in doing that.
It's rare that they do add something like Solo XQ or the new XH TA, and they always feel kinda detached from everything else, in terms of rewards, gains, etc.
Like they're sort of just an afterthought to shut us up while they focus on their beloved casuals.

To be clear, I'm not saying casuals shouldn't be allowed to play.
I'm saying SEGA tries to throw everyone into one big pot and stir. Which usually doesn't result in a good game.
Isn't there a phrase that's something like, if you're greedy enough to try and ensnare all audiences, you will end up with none?

IMO Sega is not in this to appeal to those who enjoy challenge anymore. While Solo XQ or the new TA are nice to see, the majority of content here is designed to be won; and the rewards incomplete enough that a given quest needs to run repeatedly. Basically it's now 'cool things to do with your time' and 'I need to do this x times until I get this.'

Sega has chosen to play to the lowest denominator and allow everyone to play, regardless of gear or skill. While I can't say I am happy with that and would like more 4-man content with effective rewards (just one example of the things I think about with respect to this game), this is more a business now than a game.

FANSean
May 26, 2016, 10:15 AM
At this point suggesting that they're trying to appeal to casuals and hardcores alike is silly. Maybe long ago they made that their professed goal but it is extremely clear now that at this point that the primary market is casuals. They'll occasionally make things centered around making a challenge like with CMode, Solo XQ and the new TA, but it's not their focus at all.

Really, I can't blame them for that because making an actual balanced challenge is extremely difficult to do and requires much more resources, including additional testers to have something which will either lead to A) An exclusive reward that casuals cannot attain and thus be discouraged by or B) A challenge that has no reward, so few people give a shit about it in actuality.

I recently had a talk with some friends and one of them made a really good point regarding why EQs work the way they do: Having a lot of consecutive logins is a big deal to them. Just look at they way they're celebrating the records that were broken with Yamato's release. When you think about it, that's the best way to measure a success for a Free to Play game.

For a subscription game, you can track total subscribed players and it carries actual weight because you know they're paying out each month. That doesn't really work for a F2P Game because you can have your account sit in stasis for months. Probably more than half of the 4 million accounts on PSO2 are never played/seldom played.

It's kind of a tradeoff, though. If it were a subscription game it would end up restricting access to a lot of people. None of my friends would be playing because they're either low/no-income, or their work schedules limit their time to play to a few hours a week and that makes the monthly subscription not worth it. At least in my case it would become
A) Group 1 can't play due to financial limitations
B) Group 2 doesn't play because Group 1 can't and their schedule is too tight to justify $X/month on something they barely play
C) I stop playing because I have nobody to play with.

Furthermore, a subscription system would be an almost-absolute gaijin purge anyways given the hoops we've had to go through just to get AC so even if it somehow made the game ten times better (And there's no guarantee of that), we wouldn't be able to play anymore anyways.

The EQ system being what it is now is probably also to make it more of a "Pick-up-and-Play" game. If the majority of the content was like CMode where you had to have precise, dedicated plans, organized teams and specific roles fulfilled, it would again be considered too restrictive to casual players. I know enough people to have a 4-man party with fairly regularly but my team doesn't have enough regular players to perform an organized MPA aside from when the stars align.

The devs probably intentionally avoid it for this reason plus there being other games which fill that role. There's not much like PSO2 where I can just log in, see that an EQ is coming in two hours and just chill before it begins. I don't have to get on a Teamspeak with 11 other people, coordinate roles etc etc. It's kind of a blessing to know that I can come home after a stressful day at work and can just sit in a lobby for an hour or so while I unwind and then do an EQ knowing full well that I'll get a party without much fuss.

It's not a perfect system though, I admit. One of my friends barely gets to play because by the time he gets home from work, all the emergency quests are basically over for the night (I'll have to actually worry about this problem myself soon, as I'll be moving in with him in a few months and working at the same place...) One of my others regularly pushes herself to get up at really early hours to get in Demises and Progenies and whatnot.

Collection File I think is better than stones but it presents its own flaws due to their limited-time nature. I think one of the best things to do at this stage is consolidate the amount of stones to just a few. One that comes from AQs, one from Ultimate, and one that comes from EQs that just get used to acquire a pool of weapons. This way even if the EQ that you can get doesn't necessarily drop the weapon you want, you make some sort of progress towards what you DO want, even if by a small margin.

This of course wouldn't fix the issue of people not being impressed by the lack of "new" content or major challenges, but this is something that will literally never be changed. I think it's something everyone has to accept about the game that it's never going to be something the developers focus on.

I do wish they would utilize the sheer volume of maps they have access to, though. The LQ being in Sanctum is pretty nice, but the holiday maps are never going to utilize anything Post-EP2 and I wish they'd do something about that. Facility/Shironia/Kuron AQs would be nice too (I can accept not getting a Tokyo one for now given how new it is). Quarry AQ was kind of fun to do when I needed stuff off of it because I got to go to Quarry so infrequently.

PSO2 actually has a lot of environments to use but a lot of them get pretty badly underutilized. That's probably my main critique of the game at this stage. If they could fix that I'd be perfectly content. It feels like they're trying to encourage use of other maps more via featured quests and collection file, Though the latter is wavering back and forth with the way the newest ones are so heavily married to the EQs. I wish they would put something other than weapons on the collection file but I'm not sure what they could do that people would actually bother to grab the sheet for...

I think I've run out of things to ramble about. This post has probably gotten far too long as it is.

TaigaUC
May 26, 2016, 10:22 AM
Well, Sakai himself proudly and happily described PSO2 as allowing both casuals and veterans to play together.
So they seem to seriously think the game is succeeding on that front.

Meteor Weapon
May 26, 2016, 10:27 AM
This kinda sums up a bit with the current EP4 lol https://twitter.com/rappiship4/status/735362969077448704

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 26, 2016, 10:34 AM
with another 5sp class cubes quest to total 10 SP.

https://i.warosu.org/data/tg/img/0283/20/1384627802660.gif

MightyHarken
May 26, 2016, 12:05 PM
https://i.warosu.org/data/tg/img/0283/20/1384627802660.gif

Your gif made me laugh and think about class cube hell, sadly, that's how sega wants extra sp's to be earned.

Keilyn
May 26, 2016, 12:17 PM
For a subscription game, you can track total subscribed players and it carries actual weight because you know they're paying out each month. That doesn't really work for a F2P Game because you can have your account sit in stasis for months. Probably more than half of the 4 million accounts on PSO2 are never played/seldom played.

It's kind of a tradeoff, though. If it were a subscription game it would end up restricting access to a lot of people. None of my friends would be playing because they're either low/no-income, or their work schedules limit their time to play to a few hours a week and that makes the monthly subscription not worth it. At least in my case it would become
A) Group 1 can't play due to financial limitations
B) Group 2 doesn't play because Group 1 can't and their schedule is too tight to justify $X/month on something they barely play
C) I stop playing because I have nobody to play with.

So let me get this straight...
PSO-2 which is an F2P game has a 4 million population subscriber base
FF XIV which is an P2P game had a subscriber base of 5 million people as of July 2015.

Proof that PSO-2 is not that popular and SEGA is desperate.

They must be wondering why the hell did 5kk+ players paid monthly fees (and bought the base game and expansion) over their 4kk players who probably around 10% - 15% (the average number of people in F2P games that actually spend money on a game) spend anything on PSO2.

The U.S went through a phase where Online RPGs and MMORPGs were P2P. Eventually Guild Wars 1 became the first B2P game in 2005. During this time and the success of WoW and GW, a lot of super crappy MMORPGs that were P2P games that offered trash to players decided that rather than just die already they would become F2P games. Then for 7 years Americans were bombarded with every possible F2P game to the point that even FPS games were becoming F2P with Experience Point systems and cash shops (Combat Arms anyone?). There were even mock up shitty RTS games too that were shitty P2W cash shop games...

After a lot of bombardment,
Americans learned the HARD WAY that if a game is released as F2P, nine out of ten times, its trash. Developers learned this too... having grown up playing games and also dealing with the F2P "give our shitty game a last chance" era. Developers then went after making B2P games to make a compromise between F2P and P2P. The impact of B2P in the U.S was huge to the point that when Black Desert Online came to NA and EU, the game was changed in several ways to be friendlier than the Korean version and made B2P. The developer even spoke of the success of Guild Wars 2.

If anyone ever released PSO-2 in the U.S it would bomb. It would be like all other F2P games where a lot of Gold Bots and Spammers are everywhere and no one would leave you alone in the shitty block system the game has. Players would run 12 man MPAs and you would get anywhere from 2 - 5 people who would spambot messages.

Its amazing how in this forum everyone forgot about the bots in NA versions of PSO and PSU, along with all the ERP stalkers that were out there.

The one good thing I can say about PSO-2 JP is that I hardly see any bots of any kind in any lobbies.....

CocoCrispy
May 26, 2016, 12:25 PM
So let me get this straight...
PSO-2 which is an F2P game has a 4 million population subscriber base
FF XIV which is an P2P game had a subscriber base of 5 million people as of July 2015.

Proof that PSO-2 is not that popular and SEGA is desperate.

They must be wondering why the hell did 5kk+ players paid monthly fees (and bought the base game and expansion) over their 4kk players who probably around 10% - 15% (the average number of people in F2P games that actually spend money on a game) spend anything on PSO2.

The U.S went through a phase where Online RPGs and MMORPGs were P2P. Eventually Guild Wars 1 became the first B2P game in 2005. During this time and the success of WoW and GW, a lot of super crappy MMORPGs that were P2P games that offered trash to players decided that rather than just die already they would become F2P games. Then for 7 years Americans were bombarded with every possible F2P game to the point that even FPS games were becoming F2P with Experience Point systems and cash shops (Combat Arms anyone?). There were even mock up shitty RTS games too that were shitty P2W cash shop games...

After a lot of bombardment,
Americans learned the HARD WAY that if a game is released as F2P, nine out of ten times, its trash. Developers learned this too... having grown up playing games and also dealing with the F2P "give our shitty game a last chance" era. Developers then went after making B2P games to make a compromise between F2P and P2P. The impact of B2P in the U.S was huge to the point that when Black Desert Online came to NA and EU, the game was changed in several ways to be friendlier than the Korean version and made B2P. The developer even spoke of the success of Guild Wars 2.

If anyone ever released PSO-2 in the U.S it would bomb. It would be like all other F2P games where a lot of Gold Bots and Spammers are everywhere and no one would leave you alone in the shitty block system the game has. Players would run 12 man MPAs and you would get anywhere from 2 - 5 people who would spambot messages.

Its amazing how in this forum everyone forgot about the bots in NA versions of PSO and PSU, along with all the ERP stalkers that were out there.

The one good thing I can say about PSO-2 JP is that I hardly see any bots of any kind in any lobbies.....

You are not making the right comparison here. You're looking at this as if they are in the same category, which is narrow minded.

PSO2 is a Japanese regional game with Southeast Asian and Taiwanese local servers only. For having a 4 million subscriber base compared to the worldwide mmo FFXIV, I'd say that is exceedingly well off money wise.

TaigaUC
May 26, 2016, 02:02 PM
This is something I thought of but am not 100% sure about:
PSO2 displays ads when loading between stuff, right?
I don't remember what the ads were for because my mind blocks out ads automatically.
I know some of them are PSO2 news ads, but I'm pretty sure I've seen stuff like Alienware ads.

I wonder if they getting paid for each time someone views those ads?
If so, that might be a reason why they're always trying to get people to log-in every single day.
Dunno if they get money from collabs. Not sure how that works.

Altiea
May 26, 2016, 02:08 PM
This is something I thought of but am not 100% sure about:
PSO2 displays ads when loading between stuff, right?
I don't remember what the ads were for because my mind blocks out ads automatically.
I know some of them are PSO2 news ads, but I'm pretty sure I've seen stuff like Alienware ads.

I wonder if they getting paid for each time someone views those ads?
If so, that might be a reason why they're always trying to get people to log-in every single day.
Dunno if they get money from collabs. Not sure how that works.

Non-PSO2 ads on loading screens are actually very few and far between. Most of the time, it's banners announcing some sort of PSO2 event or campaign. There are the Pocari ads in the lobby, though.

Evangelion X.XX
May 26, 2016, 03:12 PM
I really wish we can recolor shoes for base wear; I really hate the color of them shoes for the Chiffon One-pieces, despite the dresses being pretty nice.

Edit:

*Not exactly Content, I know*

TaigaUC
May 26, 2016, 03:43 PM
Oh yeah, there are ads in the lobby too. I turn the videos off, so I forgot.

Tunga
May 26, 2016, 05:14 PM
another 5sp class cubes quest to total 10 SP.

We already need 21 class cubes for 4sp... are you on drugs?

nguuuquaaa
May 26, 2016, 06:20 PM
21 is almost nothing when you have half a stack of class cubes.

No one wants to level up subclasses and be called leecher due to not having skilltree and weapons.

sparab
May 26, 2016, 06:34 PM
No one wants to level up subclasses and be called leecher due to not having skilltree and weapons.

But i enjoys playing HuRa!

vantpers
May 26, 2016, 07:04 PM
Game kinda feels like more things need to be removed than added.

Achelousaurus
May 29, 2016, 08:52 AM
We are just sitting on class cubes for so long already without another spco. I could use another sp or two for some builds.
Of course it's far more important to get another lvl cap raise but at the moment the game is actually in a worse state than the start of ep 3 just before XH was introduced because when we were lvl 70 with only SH around at least ARKS quests and explorations were available in the highest difficulty, now we are 75 with the massive 13* damage boost but the majority of stuff not EQ is still SH.

So another lvl cap increase without lvl 90 enemies would just make everything even easier.
Again what baffles me the most is how Sega are so fucking dumb. They bend over backwards and contort themselves to add new content so people want to play again, but don't go for the obvious and literally zero effort method of giving us XH for all quests which would make people play a lot again and add the new content leisurely later.
Instead they are so dumb that they entirely fail the dripfeed timing and release stuff by the time people barely even care.

Not just that the longer sega waits with XH for all quests the more irrelevant it becomes (it's fairly irrelevant already btu a year ago would have been huge) but this way they are forced to rapidfire spam new content, which in itself is a terrible idea cause not only do they burn through their ideas far too fast but also the players stop caring more easily and new content gets watered down by there being too much of it.
Rainy EQ overlaps with both Easter and now Yamato.
Not to mention the retarded collection sheets BS Sega is pulling.
First we get sheets and new grinding system and people start spamming old quests for the sheets and even some SHAQs for the lvl 66+ drops.
But then Sega thinks it's a good idea to add collection sheets that require a fraction of the effort and in several cases get you much stronger weapons, so Revolucio is outdated one fuckign month after release.
This is why I say Sega are retards. Well, at least the decision makers are (and of course the programmers).

I affixed a 40 ele revo blade after wading through the bullshit sheet 3 times and was just about to 60 ele it when I realized there is just no fucking point anymore.
Ray DB will be better and far easier to get. Why even bother maxing revo?

Zyrusticae
May 29, 2016, 12:23 PM
So Elder Scrolls Online announced that they're adding something called "personalities" (http://massivelyop.com/2016/05/27/elder-scrolls-onlines-personalities-are-a-roleplayers-dream/), which change standing and movement animations and a number of emotes.

This made me think - why the hell isn't SEGA doing this!? Just throw some "personalities" into the AC scratch and they'd make bank! Shows how bloody creatively bankrupt they are that they didn't do something like this first, when it's a perfect fit for their game (and another potential source of revenue, at that). Grumble grumble, mutter mutter.

Zysets
May 29, 2016, 12:54 PM
Agreed, they could make the animation choices a menu like for Base and Inner wear, and you pick which set of animations you want from there after using a ticket. It could even fix the problem with some female outfits having the weird belly bump, since that really comes from the way the idle pose/animations work.

WiZ1988
May 29, 2016, 01:28 PM
I might have said this already but I was just thinking of some weapons from PSO Episode I and II, Blue Burst, Phantasy Star Universe are:

Slicer- In Phantasy Star Online EP I and II, PSO Blue Burst, and Phantasy star universe each had a few things I really liked and think would be great for PSO2 and would give some classes another weapon to boost them. In all those games slicers were there and were pretty damn powerful (kamade-hiken on PSU, search for that on Youtube.

Twin-Claws, Single Claw, Dagger (not the twin ones already in PSO2), but we already have mags so I don't know if the single claw or single dagger unless they brought back the machinegun (but the machinegun that was on PSU was a single hand weapon. Or something to go beside a slicer. Slicers in PSU got tweeked and slicers were dps machines and a personal favorite.

There are other weapons that could work. PSO2 is kick** already.

SilverFoxR
May 29, 2016, 02:32 PM
Maybe a NA server?

Oh right... SEGA won't ever do that...

黒雪Yacchi
May 29, 2016, 04:43 PM
Tertiary Classes, You get use of that classes skills weapons, PAs/Techs, just not the stat bonus. Could make for some interesting or at least different gameplay.

Arada
May 29, 2016, 05:44 PM
What I'd like to see:

- At least a couple of new classes that aren't Pokemon Master
- Gunslash abilities in all skill trees that are not main class only.
- More team focussed abilities or content. Make Team Room highly customizable, ability to order all craft available accross team members from there (even those not on signboard) ,etc...
- New zones (this is a plural, 1 new zone per year is not acceptable)
- New abilities in Skill Trees that entirely focus on cooperation (ex: Techer gets an ability called "Fire Weapon" that changes the element of the weapons of all players in range for 30 seconds, adds a bit of damage if it's the correct element, adds Burn 1 to the weapons ; Hunter gets a new Guard that also guards those behind him, etc...)
- New difficulty. I mean something where enemies constantly have 20 levels more than the max players can achieve. Where the enemies are aggressive like in Ultimate.
- AI should be better, a new difficulty should NOT be achieved by simply increasing the HP of the enemies (I'm looking at you, XH).
- Last login dates of players in Friend/Team list
- New Advance Quests. There are plenty of zones that need one (Mothership, Facility, Shironia, Kuron, Tokyo, Darker Den)
- Remove all the things that do not have any more meaning. There are plenty like the level cap quests, many Client Order nobody will ever do (Josef's and Barbara's for instance), the exchange for 10 EX Cubes at once, etc...
- 4 man EQ.
- Anything interesting and balanced with only 4 people
- Stop AIS quests.(this is really personal, though :) )
- Stop stealing ideas on mobile games, this is not a mobile game
- Bring back "Phantasy" into Phantasy Star Online. I don't wan't Earth based shit storyline.

Saffran
May 29, 2016, 07:25 PM
Getting rid of atk affixes on your defensive gear would be a start.
Make WB like x1.5 and user only.
Make skill tress sinergetic.
Make infinite dashing impossible.
Make combos useful. I never understood why we could have the same PA on all slots.
Make better use of your map designs to allow for alternative routes and shortcuts.
Make enemies actually do something. Current Ult should be the norm, pre-nerf Ult should be Ult.
Give crafted weapons something unique to them, because right now crafting has become irrelevant to the entire game.
Give us the option to tekk everything in one go.
Eggs should be 100 times rarer. Hell, make them CO or story quest rewards.
Emergency Quests should be emergencies. You have 2 minutes to get to your battlestation and only one go. EQs have a random chance of happening at any given time, every 10 minutes, with an independant cooldown. EQs with 2 parts to them are played back to back. Doing an EQ means you have to sit the next one out, whatever it may be.

isCasted
May 30, 2016, 05:35 AM
Might as well hop onto "dream on"-bandwagon...

Character creation

Default non-Cast eye patterns and eyelashes for Casts.
All default base wears for all races.
Ability to change hair color without a pass (at least for a secondary color, that one is plain scam).
Ability to return tickets.
More accessible color passes! I don't even need that many Free Makeover Passes, we need more colors!
Ability to recolor all-race costumes and base/inner wears (again, plain scam).
Preview things you don't possess to test various combinations.
Dump concept of face variants and instead improve customization for eyes and noses.
Remove awful texture stretching caused by non-standard bust shapes on most non-revealing costumes.
WTF is that Smart Inner for males? Kill it with fire!
(wishful thinking intensifies)Proper booty slider.

Balance

All classes
Remove duplicate skills (WHA2, SS2, ZRA2, JA Bonus 2, Tech Charge Advance 2) - it reeks laziness.
Bind status effect should actually prevent enemies from moving (they still can move if their attack makes them to, it's incredibly stupid), also affect bosses in some ways (for example, disable one attack if you proc it on a related part).
Weapon's element should affect status effects (for example, 60-element should make status effect rate 7 times higher. Doesn't apply to techs, obviously).
Ability to cancel mate/atomizer animation by dodging.
Hitstops on melee attacks shouldn't affect JA timing (if this change was made, I wouldn't care about JA circle being invisible in effect spam at all).
Remove camera locking in TPS mode. It only makes a lot of ranged PAs and S-Roll attack unusable. If it's necessary to limit rotation, cap movement for a character, but not for camera.

Hunter
Remove Automate Halfline and Iron Will.
Merge Fury and Guard Stance into a single skill with separate Up/Advance skills (also, last one used should be enabled automatically at the quest start, and switching should be done with a single button).
Smoother rotation and better cancel frames for Partizan. Remove Volg Raptor bs.
Enemies should be able to cancel grabbing moves, but when you manage to grab one, it should feel extra awesome (ala Nero from DMC4... Well, no need for unique animations for every enemy). Grabbing bosses and projectiles should have additional animations.
WLs really need vertical range, especially Grapple Charge. Also, Grapple Charge should do bare minimum to close the gap between you and enemy.
Sacrifice Bite should give actually interesting effects, not just speed-up and damage boost. You shouldn't need it all the time (like you do now), but when you get it, it should be extra awesome (for example, it could make first two moves of Over End super fast and last one become literally Kazan).

Fighter
No stances, buff Halfline/Deadline Slayer to be % instead.
Better cancel frames for all moves (especially for TDs). Fix aerial movement for TDs (air thwirl and chase effect from skill rings tend to go wrong way if enemy moved), make Raging Walts actually chase the point you lock on, skill ring chase effect by default (instead, ring should increase distance).
Chase Advance should work on bosses.

Ranger
Dive Roll that doesn't suck.
WB to 130%, Bullet Keep by default for all classes and weapons, shooting special bullet should be a separate weapon action.
Fix Standing Snipe, because right now it adds an extra layer of randomness to damage; if PA makes you sit in place, it should apply, if it makes you move - it shouldn't (for example, Sneak Shooter should always proc it if you are not falling, while Rodeo Drive should never proc it).
Mirage Shot should become Status Shot (using SE affix on your weapon or its element), both Status Shot and Bind Bullet should have ~2500% proc rate (to outweight resists on bosses).
(wishful thinking intensifies)Miniguns.

Gunner
Less focus on Chain, and make it TMG-only.
Dive Roll that doesn't suck even worse than Ranger's one.
Grim Barrage should travel forward as long as you hold a button, it shouldn't stop at random targets.
(wishful thinking intensifies)Shotguns.

Force
0.5 second charge time for basic techs (Foie, Barta etc), 1 second charge time for other ones (except for Namegid and Il Foie, obviously).
Zondeel should just go, it makes an entire element unviable for damage.
Fire S Charge should cost 5 SP and reduce time to 75-80% instead of 50%. Bolt Tech PP Save should cost 5 SP and reduce cost by 5 PP instead of 10.
Compound techs should do half their current damage, charge time should be 3-4 seconds instead of 1.
Move elemental masteries from Techer's tree to Force.

Techer
Given that Zondeel has to go... Wand needs PAs! For example, a sunction PA that starts off really weak, but becomes powerful if you are not interrupted for, say, 5 seconds (with a side effect of attracting enemy aggro, so could get interrupted if your group sucks); a PA that created a dummy support field which transforms into a next casted support tech.
Attack PAs should consume Gear for effects like bigger radius, higher speed etc.
Wand Lovers should become a cooldown skill again, because it renders the whole "use techs to charge gear" mechanic pointless.
A skill that allows to change element of your weapon (cooldown-based, not bs like Jet Boots Gear).

Braver
Same change to stances as with Hunter (common base skill, single button switching).
Average Stance is awful, make it (PP) Recovery Stance or something.

Bouncer
Bouncer's tree is FUBAR. I'd rather surrender DBs to Braver and JBs to Techer (that would also tie element switching to that skill I described previously).
DB PAs should change properties based on gear gauge (like upcoming Kestrel Rampage craft), so PBF was more than just THROWTHROWTHROW. Same applies to JBs.
Distraction Wing and Gran Wave - same thing as with Grim Barrage. Turning should be allowed too.

Summoner
If this class HAS to stay... Ugh...
It would be way better if pets levelled as they fight, as an actual distinction from mags.
The real problem I (and many others) have with it is DROPS.
Maybe lock out pets that are not high-level enough for participating in a quest.

n_n
May 30, 2016, 12:00 PM
More fixed quests. I seriously am tired of randomized maps and spawns.
4p quests. 12p is so stupid and braindead.
Summoner removed.
12* weapon crafting.
The ability to put techniques on non-tech weapon's palette.
Use of multiple camos.
Remove the EQ system all together and make all of said quests available for play at any time... I'm tired of the game telling me when I should play.

lostinseganet
May 30, 2016, 05:23 PM
Episodes 1 thru 3 were great. I am not diggin this in a videogame season 4.

Roe
May 30, 2016, 05:43 PM
I wish for players that don't die within 20 seconds at the start of quests

BWS-1
Jun 2, 2016, 03:35 PM
PROPER old school cast parts.

I'd LOVE this as "default":

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=39519094

Yet I would still be down with having to acquire it from some shop. And I know, "we got Melder set" and "we have Ragol Memories" but holy scrap metal Batman, that stuff right here manages to fit with the mechanical aspect of the CAST-style of PSO2 while also looking like something I'd want over a "copy-paste" set from PSO1 for it respects more the good ol' PSO1 style than the current Melder set!!!

Why didn't THAT end up being how Melder set look... I mean... I'd also get a melder set I guess, they both look cool but... this one... it's just... way more awesome... T~T

Hrith
Jun 3, 2016, 09:51 AM
I am glad to read about so many well-thought-out ideas.

SEGA is only catering to nubs and their MPAs, though.

qoxolg
Jun 3, 2016, 03:15 PM
I am glad to read about so many well-thought-out ideas.

SEGA is only catering to nubs and their MPAs, though.
Thats exactly problem. SEGA makes the game the majority of the players are asking for. I think te community is part of the problem.
- SEGA makes challenging content, community complains, SEGA nerfs te entire game into the ground. I mean, just compare normal mode from the open beta with the current normal mode.
- SEGA releases a new weapon that is not 1% more powerful then the last one, and the community complains, SEGA now only makes weapons with boring power boosts to make are OP characters even more OP.
- SEGA releases a new EQ that gives less cubes then the last one, community complains, SEGA makes the quest drop ridiculous amounts of cubes and the process keeps repeating.
- SEGA asked what characters the community likes and 'moe', So here is complete moe anime story for EP4.
- SEGA checks what clothing sells for the highest prices in shops, guess what, it's casual earth fashion, so let's make more casual earth clothing, because money!

especially the power creep is starting to get out of hand. It reminds me of Dragon Ball Z or any other shonen anime that was not planned ahead very well. If SEGA would rebalance te current power creep the backlash from the community would be real bad.

so yeah..

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 3, 2016, 09:27 PM
- SEGA asked what characters the community likes and 'moe', So here is complete moe anime story for EP4.
https://66.media.tumblr.com/95d9c4e7aa5e56dd81d70129079adf4a/tumblr_n4e8xzdIk91s12v80o1_500.gif

especially the power creep is starting to get out of hand. It reminds me of Dragon Ball Z or any other shonen anime that was not planned ahead very well. If SEGA would rebalance te current power creep the backlash from the community would be real bad.

The backlash would really be caused by the power creep itself thanks to the gap between the haves, and the have-nots. Most people did't pay much mind to that gap until TD, and XH...

Honestly though, if there was a time to ramp up the game's difficulty around the current level of power players have, and attempt to keep the game balanced from then on, it would be now with the multiple flavors of 13*s they throw at us with every other update.

chaoko99
Jun 3, 2016, 10:34 PM
-Speaking of which, let casts "fire and hover" with rifles/gunslash and all move-attack weapons

They did in pre-alpha footage.

Rakurai
Jun 4, 2016, 09:56 AM
Something akin to the Infinity quest system from PSP2i would be nice.

Also, I want that new Summoner pet on the roadmap to be something reptilian. We have enough furry/feathered pets now.

LiserriaLuna
Jun 5, 2016, 05:58 AM
I hope new contents for PA, new type of class (weapon) this is awesome.

Sirius-91
Jun 5, 2016, 07:59 AM
They did in pre-alpha footage.

They also said by doing so, Lobby Actions would break.

Akero
Jun 5, 2016, 08:05 AM
A ranged/tech hybrid class
we already have Br for s-atk/r-atk and Bo for s-ark/t-atk so why not

Meteor Weapon
Jun 5, 2016, 08:32 AM
Segac and their lazy programming.

Can't even have bones on fingers.

isCasted
Jun 5, 2016, 09:01 AM

That's so... unrelated, at all. Kinda like lobby chairs causing lags and Guar Zigmorde causing disconnects.

Meteor Weapon
Jun 5, 2016, 09:45 AM
What? Chairs causing lag is like the best explanation ever! *sc

Shiyo
Jun 25, 2016, 10:39 AM
This has been the problem with every single video game I've played(and probably every single one created) in the past decade. They try to attract everyone, and in return push away everyone.

I don't get it.

TaigaUC
Jun 25, 2016, 07:24 PM
I watched a video a while ago of a guy talking about how once a game makes a mechanic that works, tons of other games copy it.
As a result, all those games that use the same mechanic end up feeling like each other.
Well, I guess it's good that experienced gamers will recognize the controls and jump into the game faster.
But the game ends up feeling more generic overall.

People often don't think about how they can improve or change stuff that's been done before. They just copy it as is.
I think part of it is because almost nobody wants to take risks or bother fine-tuning gameplay anymore.
They're either mimicking stuff for whatever reason, or they're lazy. Easy to copy stuff that's been proven to work.

When I was studying game design, people would just suggest stuff they'd already seen done elsewhere.
Both mechanics and concepts. Then they tried to merge them all and it was just a mess.
I tried to advise them otherwise, but they didn't want to listen to me because zombies + story = everything, apparently.
I can't help but think it's very amateur and naive to just grab what's popular and mix it together.
They also don't realize that good game design requires that design elements have good synergy.

A friend who worked in an MMO game company in Korea told me a similar story.
He said their brainstorming was always "[popular game] does this, let's do that too".
Funny, I recall one of my lecturers said that when writing a design doc, do not describe stuff by saying it's "like xxx other game".

itsbao93
Jun 25, 2016, 07:46 PM
- A tweak and rebalances in the whole game. Time for PSO2 to become Phantasy Star Online 2, not PP Star Online 2 or FoTe Star Online 2. Also for players to play whatever class combination they wanted without being shunned or get the mocking look.

- XH difficulty for all current maps.

- Expansion and integration of crafting system. Integrate it with Gathering system and unlock PA crafts and customization for all Techs and PAs, not just the unpopular one.

- AI improvements for all enemies. Make the difficulty represent how dangerous and aggresive the enemies would.

- QoL stuff (multiple tekking at the same time, compress all AQ stones into one stone, last login time, layered wear to follow CAST system for fashion instead of tickets, evolving and scaling NPC partner cards).

- Fix in Wild Easter-drop methods. For the love of Photons, I'm tired of seeing Dio from this kind of EQ (even though cubes is always appreciated).

Really strange to me when you say Fo/Te star online 2. I rarely see those as much as I do see beavers, gunners, bouncers, etc.

Superia
Jun 25, 2016, 08:16 PM

I would like this along with other race specific edges that are not as simple to quantify as base stats. That said, I feel like one race (possibly a new one) would get something with a much higher impact than what the others get. e.g. while Casts can move at running speed while attacking, Newmen have a 30% effect multiplier on all techs (damage and/or duration) and Dewmen just jump slightly higher.

-Allow "Tokyo Dash" at the cost of PP with maybe nerfed speed so non-guren peasants can actually travel quickly in TD

I am half expecting a super expensive LA to come out at some point which is literally the that dash pad dash without the kick action at the end.

Altiea
Jun 25, 2016, 09:38 PM
Really strange to me when you say Fo/Te star online 2. I rarely see those as much as I do see beavers, gunners, bouncers, etc.

It's the best nuking class in the game... But you have to be willing to sit down and grind your butt off for the necessary gear. (Also, FO outnumbers GU by like, 3%.)

pkemr4
Jun 26, 2016, 12:13 AM
the ability to straight just buy the stones i want instead of having to buy triggers to gamble on a chance to maybe get them

Sirius-91
Jun 26, 2016, 01:59 AM
the ability to straight just buy the stones i want instead of having to buy triggers to gamble on a chance to maybe get them

You can buy the stones in the meseta option in the treasure shop. However, when you might see the page is totally RNG + SG's.

Kokurokoki
Jun 26, 2016, 02:10 AM
Let us use any weapon as a weapon camo. LIke... holy shit SEGA, that's not fucking hard to do.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 26, 2016, 02:21 AM
I watched a video a while ago of a guy talking about how once a game makes a mechanic that works, tons of other games copy it.
As a result, all those games that use the same mechanic end up feeling like each other.
Well, I guess it's good that experienced gamers will recognize the controls and jump into the game faster.
But the game ends up feeling more generic overall.

People often don't think about how they can improve or change stuff that's been done before. They just copy it as is.
I think part of it is because almost nobody wants to take risks or bother fine-tuning gameplay anymore.
They're either mimicking stuff for whatever reason, or they're lazy. Easy to copy stuff that's been proven to work.

When I was studying game design, people would just suggest stuff they'd already seen done elsewhere.
Both mechanics and concepts. Then they tried to merge them all and it was just a mess.
I tried to advise them otherwise, but they didn't want to listen to me because zombies + story = everything, apparently.
I can't help but think it's very amateur and naive to just grab what's popular and mix it together.
They also don't realize that good game design requires that design elements have good synergy.

A friend who worked in an MMO game company in Korea told me a similar story.
He said their brainstorming was always "[popular game] does this, let's do that too".
Funny, I recall one of my lecturers said that when writing a design doc, do not describe stuff by saying it's "like xxx other game".

It's unfortunate, but that's the general state of game development, at least in a large portion of the triple A market. Making shareholders happy, making money. It's not about the love of the game anymore, it's a business. Taking things from other products in and of itself isn't the most grievous offense, of course, but most aren't willing to even try to expand on them.

Let us use any weapon as a weapon camo. LIke... holy shit SEGA, that's not fucking hard to do.

It's Sega, it is for them.

Kokurokoki
Jun 26, 2016, 02:40 AM
It's Sega, it is for them.

Meanwhile we get a gigantic yamato and zero fighters... and an Emperappy.

#SEGA Logic

Shiyo
Jun 26, 2016, 02:45 AM
Yeah gaming industry is pure profit and no longer about making a good game anymore sadly.

TaigaUC
Jun 26, 2016, 05:52 AM
Yeah. Sad times.

When I look over games for PS4, searching for something of interest, it's a really huge contrast compared to SNES, PS1, PS2 etc.
There used to be tons of new IPs just messing around and experimenting with ideas and stuff.
Now it's almost entirely HD remakes, sequels or popular genres like FPS.

Keilyn
Jun 26, 2016, 09:18 AM
@TaigaUC
What you speak of has existed since Mass Production of Synthetic Goods came into being, and there are far darker stories out there in industries outside of video games.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 26, 2016, 09:57 AM
Once the industry started giving games budgets comparable to movies, publishers stopped wanting to take more risks than necessary.

The most 'different', or endearing experiences are more likely to come from indies, and small niche studios. Undertale, and freedom planet come to mind.

Poyonche
Jun 26, 2016, 10:11 AM
@TaigaUC
What you speak of has existed since Mass Production of Synthetic Goods came into being, and there are far darker stories out there in industries outside of video games.

I knew it ! [Profound Darkness] is behind all of this !

BIG OLAF
Jun 26, 2016, 10:21 AM
What do I want from this game? Simple -

I want them to nix all the nonsensical grindfest trade-in bullshit and just get back to plain ol' Phantasy Star gameplay. Like, that's it. No more random, weeaboo, Saturday-morning-cartoon insanity garbage like they've been pumping out. Just some cool, sensible stories, area, and enemies that keep in tune with the Phantasy Star we actually know and love, not this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92bZ5UnPG3w). That is disgusting.

How anyone can think the path SEGA's chosen for PSO2 is fine and dandy totally and utterly befuddles me. Y'all are nuts.

Zeroem
Jun 26, 2016, 10:52 AM
I knew it ! [Profound Darkness] is behind all of this !

.......So [Profound Darkness] is secretly manipulating SEGA so that ARKS will dwindle in number and indirectly let [Profound Darkness] destroy the ARKS universe?

https://m.popkey.co/574b46/WxVke.gif

Jokes aside, while SEGA revisiting crafting system again with new tech crafts some weeks ago might be a good sign of SEGA started to see the importance of revisiting old, buried system existed in PSO2; I'm afraid that 'SEGA make new system to bury their failed old system' would still be a trend.

Cyber Meteor
Jun 26, 2016, 11:31 AM
I'm afraid that 'SEGA make new system to bury their failed old system' would still be a trend.

That describes really well the idea behind NT-weapons, like them being uncraftable and Nox-NT having more atk, than every other 12* and the all-class 13*s :-P

Great Pan
Jun 26, 2016, 07:17 PM

I want them to nix all the nonsensical grindfest trade-in bullshit and just get back to plain ol' Phantasy Star gameplay. Like, that's it. No more random, weeaboo, Saturday-morning-cartoon insanity garbage like they've been pumping out. Just some cool, sensible stories, area, and enemies that keep in tune with the Phantasy Star we actually know and love, not this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92bZ5UnPG3w). That is disgusting.

How anyone can think the path SEGA's chosen for PSO2 is fine and dandy totally and utterly befuddles me. Y'all are nuts.

THIS. I like your style.

CoWorker
Jun 26, 2016, 08:12 PM

While I despise seeing your fan made hentai in every pso2 google image search, I really agree on that

Meteor Weapon
Jun 26, 2016, 09:25 PM
Story-wise, a Lilipa Mother Brain would've made more sense than whatever anime crap is going on in EP4, I mean who's behind all that abandoned machinery in Lilipa?

Naberius chapter is done with the appearance of Profound Darkness. Tho a travel back in time 50 years prior where the war against Dark Falz Elder in his prime would be nice, I mean he did froze a large region of Naberius alone. MC will only be there for observation tho.

Amduscia chapter is half done with Kashina only being mentioned. We still haven't even physically met Kamitsu other than telepathic communication. A 7th Dragon similar vibe and lore would be nice.

Lilipa is now just a God Bug host(starship trooper reference) for Apprentice, but the lore behind the planet itself is non-existent other than Lilipan's being a sore in the eye cutesy just to get trapped by a Gilnas and blown up by a random ARKS.

Earth would've been more interesting if it was a post apocalyptic setting after Mother Thingy cause a similar catastrophe such as the Great Blank.

CoWorker
Jun 26, 2016, 09:55 PM
Story-wise, a Lilipa Mother Brain would've made more sense than whatever anime crap is going on in EP4, I mean who's behind all that abandoned machinery in Lilipa?

Naberius chapter is done with the appearance of Profound Darkness. Tho a travel back in time 50 years prior where the war against Dark Falz Elder in his prime would be nice, I mean he did froze a large region of Naberius alone. MC will only be there for observation tho.

Amduscia chapter is half done with Kashina only being mentioned. We still haven't even physically met Kamitsu other than telepathic communication. A 7th Dragon similar vibe and lore would be nice.

Lilipa is now just a God Bug host(starship trooper reference) for Apprentice, but the lore behind the planet itself is non-existent other than Lilipan's being a sore in the eye cutesy just to get trapped by a Gilnas and blown up by a random ARKS.

Earth would've been more interesting if it was a post apocalyptic setting after Mother Thingy cause a similar catastrophe such as the Great Blank.

I really wished rather than a derpy high school setting, ep4 would be like the Mother Cluster guys are some enemy force from the waaay future and want to get rid of ARKS by destroying them in the past, when you visit Tokyo its a bit more Futuristic with some preserved "present areas" or something

And instead of meeting Hitsugi, you met Human Regius and the rest of the original Council of Six which isn't even form yet, hell throw in the Dark Falz people while they're still uncorrupted photoners

Keilyn
Jun 26, 2016, 10:25 PM
If it were me...
I would take and redesign the entire story of the game in my own right in an alternate universe to be far more serious than what its current offering. Phantasy Star stories have a lot of potential, but in the end they amount to too much character introduction and too little story. You get a few segments here and there, but I find those segments to be lacking...

Of course I would change the way weapons work ^_^.
I would introduce a system in which all weapons found start with no potentials and can be grown from 1* standards to 13* standards. The weapon can acquire a potential and we would get it from combining the stones we get in AQs and other parts of the game.

In short what would happen is we would be responsible for obtaining the weapon model itself (be it from common to rare) and getting the Potential (from common to rare) and then we would be open to up to three customizations. Customization choices would be in lowering equip parameters, improving variance, multi-class/all-class (in exchange for power), all the way to making the weapon function under different types of attack values (like adding T-ATK on an S-ATK weapon to help with techs better, etc), or even carry latent PAs or Techs, etc...

In carrying this format, a player could use any weapon model...focus more on getting the model to help with appearance and the player would build the weapon that they want... (and yes, potentials would be reworked to balance things out) and have the weapon animations that they want to pair with the look and feel of their characters.

Kokurokoki
Jun 27, 2016, 01:37 AM

Yeah. I agree. But SEGA are a bunch of greedy fucks who waste a lot of their time, effort, and money developing shit Sonic games.

Not like Sonic is shitty. They are literally wasting a lot of their revenue developing shitty games instead of doing like Digital Extremes did and focusing all their time and effort into developing PSO2.