PDA

View Full Version : Apparently this is the Potential of the Ray Weapons?

Gestriden
May 24, 2016, 11:24 PM
So i've noticed this picked up by a lot of JP PSO2 blog sites when they reported about the 42nd broadcast, so I'm going to take this information as accurate and that it came from the broadcast itself? I might be slow on this cause the broadcast was a few days ago but I saw no one post about it. So here we go..

The Ray series have 3 separate potentials

The 1st Potential unlock is 10% Damage Boost
2nd Potential Unlock adds 5% Damage migitation
3rd Potential is PP Consumption reduced by 10%

There was also a notice on the S-ATK being a little weaker than the Revo weapon for the sword. So perhaps that's the draw-back?

Thoughts?

Bellion
May 24, 2016, 11:31 PM
http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2016/05/160524a.html

That +2% will make the Ray series stronger than Revolucio. How long it will take to complete a file for these weapons is another story as it seems that we need to do PD EQ for progress.

ZerotakerZX
May 24, 2016, 11:34 PM
what's damage migitation?

yoshiblue
May 24, 2016, 11:36 PM
Would imagine you take less damage by a % amount.

Altiea
I don't understand why we need any form of mitigation, we're not playing Brave Frontier. The 10% seems okay, if a little simple and underpowered.

Selphea
Will they troll and put the mitigation on SATK weapons and PP discount on TATK weapons though

Altiea
May 24, 2016, 11:38 PM
what's damage migitation?

Mitigation means you reduce the damage you take by a certain percentage value, like Yoshiblue said. You'll often see this term being thrown around when talking about Japanese mobage.

ZerotakerZX
May 24, 2016, 11:40 PM
Will they troll and put the mitigation on SATK weapons and PP discount on TATK weapons though

Each new stage of the pot will unlock next feat, so all weapons gonna have the same properties. I think.

kurokyosuke
May 24, 2016, 11:41 PM
Oh, so they actually stack with each other? I was watching the live broadcast, and I heard about the different abilities per potential level, but I thought they were exclusive.
I don't quite understand why people in the Nico live comments were saying things like, "This is going to kill Ophsteia!", when the weapons' base damages at +35 don't compete with Ophsteia at +10... Or did we miss something?

Gestriden
May 24, 2016, 11:57 PM
Oh, so they actually stack with each other? I was watching the live broadcast, and I heard about the different abilities per potential level, but I thought they were exclusive.
I don't quite understand why people in the Nico live comments were saying things like, "This is going to kill Ophsteia!", when the weapons' base damages at +35 don't compete with Ophsteia at +10... Or did we miss something?

I don't think we missed anything, from what I've played and seen on ship 4 (This doesn't apply to EVERY JP Player of course) but there's a pretty moderate percentage of them that prefer HP Affixes well over any other affix. For reasons I just simply don't know, so to them the 5% damage reduction means they can live even longer. So to that crowd it probably sounds even more amazing?

Bellion
May 25, 2016, 12:00 AM
Yes, it's all 3 when you have the potential unlocked to level 3. It will obviously not beat Austere in pure damage, but in terms of DPP it will. This series will be great for Fighters that don't have Austere already, maybe it will help for Limit Break survival too! ; -;

If the potential is going to be the same for Rod, Talis, and Wand, then it may not boost Compound Tech damage.
See Psycho Wand, and Yozukura 13* series on why I think that's the case.

Hrith
May 25, 2016, 05:56 AM
It's good to see some 13* without just a retarded 'you have one of the strongest weapons in the game, here's more damage'.

Kondibon
May 25, 2016, 09:52 AM
It's good to see some 13* without just a retarded 'you have one of the strongest weapons in the game, here's more damage'.By that standard aren't quite a few of them?

Achelousaurus
May 25, 2016, 11:45 AM
They are gonna be considerably weaker than austere though.
Even at +35 it's over 100 atk for sword and considering you are unlikely to go beyond 32, that's like 50 atk less again.

MightyHarken
May 26, 2016, 09:44 AM
Well, AIS weapons already outdamaged austere by 6% but requires a build for it. I like how these weapons were given a different turn and not just another damage dealing weapon. In general, I enjoy how sega is approaching new weapons, I was tired of the same old formula.

Achelousaurus
May 26, 2016, 11:12 AM
They were not given a different turn.
When each value is so small it doesn't make much of a difference. Orbit or Sustain Rock got numbers that matter, but this is virtually the same as pure damage.

Of course good dmg boost and nice pp reduction is a good thing, but it changes nothing, unlike for example Skull series.

Seems like these days Sega is scared to add any new potential that does not have some form of % related damage boost.

Shinmarizu
May 26, 2016, 11:49 AM
They were not given a different turn.
When each value is so small it doesn't make much of a difference. Orbit or Sustain Rock got numbers that matter, but this is virtually the same as pure damage.

Of course good dmg boost and nice pp reduction is a good thing, but it changes nothing, unlike for example Skull series.

Seems like these days Sega is scared to add any new potential that does not have some form of % related damage boost.

To be fair, if the weapon (series) does not include a latent that has a damage boost, it will either (1) have a grossly inflated statline (out-do austere in terms of raw numbers) or (2) be considered garbage and therefore ignored.

And even if they did have a decent damage boost, it would need to be in the realm of 10% or it would be ignored.
Outside of niche applications, players have always opted for the best possible damage output within their means. If it takes thousands of stones, they'll do it. If it takes 48 or so runs of an EQ to get it, they'll do it.

Achelousaurus
May 26, 2016, 02:03 PM
Having a dmg boost is not the issue. Having other boosts that make virtually no impact is the issue.
Seiga's 40 second heal is silly, but something with some kind of impact. So is Ely Sion's mate boost and pp recovery boost. So is Sustain Rock's 15% damage reduction. I'd rather have dmg + dmg reduction OR pp reduction but at least the value is high enough to make an impact. Cause why even bother with values this low, this is like oldschool potentials that boost fury stance by 3% or Xie weapon potentials.

Tunga
May 26, 2016, 02:33 PM
Berdysh and God hand have the best potentials in the game imo. 15% dmg, 40% extra pp regen from normals and 20% natural pp regen is on the OP side. Still 10% dmg and 10% pp reduc is basically a 13* Pwand(sort of).

Achelousaurus
May 28, 2016, 07:38 PM
Yeah, Sega added some op as hell potentials to the 12* once they realized 13* makes them obsolete.