PDA

View Full Version : Traces of Darkness ^_^

Keilyn
May 25, 2016, 04:31 AM
All I can say to this was that I love this mission.

I tested it my first time running it SH just to pop my head in alone, and I loved it. Loved the Encounters and love the Boss/Sub-Boss Setup. Very friendly towards Darker Sub-boss/Boss Kill Client Orders.

My first run was:

Left Teleport - Quarry

Ringhada + Decol Malluda x 2

Due to how these Decol Malluda and Ringa spawn very close to each other, I used Kreisenschlag while at the mid-level to Malluda Face-Level. That avoids Ringada damaging me as well as the Malludas damaging me on their Stomp Attack. Kreisenschlag hit all three enemies at once and prevented me from getting trapped in Malluda Capture. (During the PA animation, a player is immune to knockdown)

Middle Teleport - Kuronite Area

This was probably the easiest area.
Kuron Sub-boss + 2 walking houses.......

Right Teleport
Zesh + Wolghada (can't spell their name, sorry) x 2

I went Twin Daggers here... The only hard thing to this if one isn't careful is being caught Off-Screen by the Wolg charge. Outside of that....relatively easy.

Central Teleport

Falz Angel x 1
Falz Hunar x 1
Falz Double

All fought at the same time...

As long as the four do not spike you in the same place, things are fine. I wiped out Angel First, then while wiping out Hunar, I ended up killing Double instead.

I am sure FORCES will have fun with this mission maintaining control and annihilating everything like they always do....But I love running this on Fighter/Techer. Lets me test all the gray areas and weaknesses I have between difficulties.

This mission will pretty much become one of my Training Grounds, considering I don't have to pay passes and can just run it. ;) Its also good on observing other players in Duos to see how they perform. Its a great area for Applied Teaching too. ^_^

I think my favorite to this is that every style can work here since its boss/sub-boss fights...so its nice for comparison. I think I will care more about style rather than clear times here.

ZerotakerZX
May 25, 2016, 05:24 AM
Nice TA. Good place to test your DPS and do quick TACOs.

AnikaSteinberg
May 25, 2016, 05:33 AM
This mission will pretty much become one of my Training Grounds, considering I don't have to pay passes and can just run it. ;)

+1000000

milranduil
May 25, 2016, 05:35 AM
Nice TA. Good place to test your DPS and do quick TACOs.

how is it good for tacos, harkotan is less than 1min.

Hrith
May 25, 2016, 05:51 AM
I was going to ask the same...

ZerotakerZX
May 25, 2016, 06:30 AM
I did it solo for routhly the same time I do Harkotan solo

milranduil
May 25, 2016, 06:37 AM
I did it solo for routhly the same time I do Harkotan solo

i can only imagine what makes harkotan as challenging as the new XH TA lol................

ZerotakerZX
May 25, 2016, 06:53 AM
i can only imagine what makes harkotan as challenging as the new XH TA lol................

Challenging? both are walk in the park. Even on XH, but I won't clear it on XH for Tacos, duh.

Uncle_bob
May 25, 2016, 07:23 AM
You will not receive items, meseta, nor EXP from defeating enemies within this quest.

lol is this a joke

milranduil
May 25, 2016, 07:25 AM
Challenging? both are walk in the park. Even on XH, but I won't clear it on XH for Tacos, duh.

you missed the point entirely... there is nothing in harkotan that should make it take the same amount of time as the new TA at all.

Raujinn
May 25, 2016, 07:27 AM
Hm the falz room sure is a sea of projectiles to dodge. Not sure how to handle that. They die too quickly on SH for it to become a problem but on XH they can really pile up the number of things to dodge quickly.

Poyonche
May 25, 2016, 07:37 AM
I did it on XH, dodging Hunar's shockwave, Angel's ice needles and Dourumble projectiles is a little hard.

*cough* Gran Wave *cough*

Bellion
May 25, 2016, 08:07 AM
Well, soloing XH was quite an enjoyable experience as a Fi/Hu. Too bad any game modes that I enjoy gives little to no reward.

EspeonageTieler
May 25, 2016, 08:14 AM
any tips fighting the last 3? like which ones I should focus? or any way to keep them apart? I dont do enough damage to just nuke the shit out of them

Poyonche
May 25, 2016, 08:20 AM
I personnally kill Angel first. But if you are alone it is a pain because the three other will chase you.

Bellion
May 25, 2016, 08:23 AM
I also agree with Angel being the first kill, especially if you have a weapon that allows you to stay in the air(TMGs, DBs, TDs, and JBs). You're safe from most of Double and Hunar's attacks in the air. Gunners probably have a field day with Bullet Squall doing multiple headshots on all of them simultaneously.

A Force with Zanverse and Barantsion can probably nuke Hunar before he even moves on XH.

Raujinn
May 25, 2016, 08:32 AM
Yeah I was debating this. Hunar has the lowest HP, but his phase 1 doesn't really do all that much. Double shits out projectiles all over the place, but they're all ground bound. Angel can hit you anywhere and aside his attacks getting more aggressive I dont think his phase 2 is much rougher than his first. You absolutely do not want to do what I did first go and end up with all of them in Phase 2, it's practically impossible to avoid damage with them all going mad.

Yden
May 25, 2016, 10:39 AM
As a ranger, it makes me sad that there's weak bullet jamming in this whole TA. I haven't tried it in higher difficulties yet but it will make this whole thing a pain to solo.

milranduil
May 25, 2016, 10:53 AM
I also agree with Angel being the first kill, especially if you have a weapon that allows you to stay in the air(TMGs, DBs, TDs, and JBs). You're safe from most of Double and Hunar's attacks in the air. Gunners probably have a field day with Bullet Squall doing multiple headshots on all of them simultaneously.

A Force with Zanverse and Barantsion can probably nuke Hunar before he even moves on XH.

can confirm zanv + baran one shots hunar (like not even close 100% OHKO).

meanwhile, here is my current duo time with ponthi (XH ofc)

TehCubey
May 25, 2016, 01:39 PM
SH is pretty fun.

XH requires more effort than I am willing to give at the moment.

Talking solo, I'm pretty sure the difficulty drops considerably even with 2/4, what about 4/4.

Xaelouse
May 25, 2016, 01:53 PM
Takes more effort than what it's worth solo, but it isn't that difficult. Might be the most fun TA for HU.

EvilMag
May 25, 2016, 01:54 PM
any idea if XH Abduction is a different quest or is it just SH with Lv75 enemies?

TehCubey
May 25, 2016, 02:02 PM
Takes more effort than what it's worth solo, but it isn't that difficult.

From first impressions I'd call it more challenging to solo than Heaven and Hell XQ, and the number of players who can clear that is much smaller than those who can't, so...

sparab
May 25, 2016, 02:03 PM
It's just SH abduct with 75 enemies. Reward unit has returner3, which nobody cares anymore.

Shadowth117
May 25, 2016, 02:15 PM
It's just SH abduct with 75 enemies. Reward unit has returner3, which nobody cares anymore.

This^.

Spammed for an hour and a half at server up to see it. Disappointed af. The first clear title is cool, but past that it's not worth.

milranduil
May 25, 2016, 02:28 PM
This^.

Spammed for an hour and a half at server up to see it. Disappointed af. The first clear title is cool, but past that it's not worth.

10 den clears is 5s ret3, but that's it. 50 den clear is a trophy :wacko:

[Ayumi]
May 25, 2016, 03:04 PM
No Clortho, Keymaster of Gozer, orders = Never doing.

Raujinn
May 25, 2016, 03:08 PM
Finding it really rough at HU. Managed to clear it solo, but yeah this quest is gonna make me re-evaluate how I play I think. I suppose I'm not terribly oprimised for bossing though and seeing as it's nearly all bosses...

Not makin excuses, my playstyle is clearly insufficient if everyone is finding this quest trivial to solo down.

Vatallus
May 25, 2016, 03:24 PM
Quest is "trivial" up until the point of fighting Hunar, Angel, and Double solo. It takes me more time there then the 3 other sections combined. I spend more time dodging then actually fighting. I suppose I don't have the damage to solo down one of them before they all get enraged.

Short version is, everytime I get to that point I've tried focusing on one and ended up enraging the other two with crossfire.

Shinamori
May 25, 2016, 03:26 PM
From first impressions I'd call it more challenging to solo than Heaven and Hell XQ, and the number of players who can clear that is much smaller than those who can't, so...

Solo XQ isn't that hard, if you pay attention and know what you're doing. Heaven knows I don't. I always panic when things get crazy.

TehCubey
May 25, 2016, 03:41 PM
I can clear XQ and do so on a regular basis. What I'm saying is that just because I as a player can clear some content doesn't mean it's easy. You always gotta compare - easy compared to what?

For now let's try to do it 2/4.

Coatl
May 25, 2016, 06:24 PM
Why does Sega like to remind us that any difficult content they produce is optional and not actually relevant to the rest of the game's content?

TehCubey
May 25, 2016, 06:31 PM
As expected, if you run XH with at least 2 people as opposed to solo then it's much easier. Only the final fight is really any kind of challenge.

Also on lower difficulties, the clear speed of the quest is similar to Kuron's. A decent alternative for clearing those taco runs quickly.

Great Pan
May 25, 2016, 06:57 PM
Got bitch slapped by the three Falzes, on SH.

Playing Ra.

Zanverse
May 25, 2016, 07:06 PM
I probably missed this, but how does one even unlock the new TA?

Edit: nevermind.

Zorua
May 25, 2016, 07:38 PM
;3358051']No Clortho, Keymaster of Gozer, orders = Never doing.

B-But Aika's partner card

IronKrone
May 25, 2016, 08:01 PM
Got bitch slapped by the three Falzes, on SH.

Playing Ra.

Yeah, it's a pain to solo as Ra due to WB jamming.

Managed to get to the last area but got killed by the Falzes on XH. Took forever too.

[Ayumi]
May 25, 2016, 09:36 PM
B-But Aika's partner card

Anime related. I'll get it whenever I get it.
Not sure when I'll even touch episode 4 as I'm still on episode 3 chapter 2.

SteveCZ
May 25, 2016, 10:50 PM
As expected, if you run XH with at least 2 people as opposed to solo then it's much easier. Only the final fight is really any kind of challenge.

Also on lower difficulties, the clear speed of the quest is similar to Kuron's. A decent alternative for clearing those taco runs quickly.

This one is pretty much like Amdus and Vopar. Number of people significantly increases the finish speed.

Nothing beats Kuron for solo though.

udon-GE
May 26, 2016, 03:21 AM
Got abducted when about to start XH trace of darkness, it seem the mob is meatier than sh abduction.

And get clobbered by Falz Clusterfuck at last ToD area.

AnikaSteinberg
May 26, 2016, 03:53 AM
Tried solo-running this quest using a Te/Hu with Aika NPC for Aika's XH CO. Was able to clear the quest ironically by dealing with Dourumble first,
as opposed to SH where taking down Angel or Hunar seems to be the better priority.
(I always get eventually overwhelmed by all four of them if I try to take on Hunar or Angel first at XH)

Rakurai
May 26, 2016, 04:37 AM
I much prefer this quest to Harukotan for getting my dailies done.

ZerotakerZX
May 26, 2016, 06:05 AM
I much prefer this quest to Harukotan for getting my dailies done.

weeklies

TaigaUC
May 26, 2016, 06:36 AM
Well, I tried it with 3 bots on XH a few times. Didn't read through the thread before doing it. Nice to see my strategies turned out to be "correct".
First try as Su/Br, got to the last area and died to Loser's project whatever lasers.
Then I realized I had the wrong units on the whole time. Was wondering why my damage was shit.

Then I tried as Fi/Hu, got shot to death by Maludas spamming projectiles non-stop.
Went and customized Tornado and Rhapsody (this character didn't have them), came back and used the Kamaitachi ring.
Died around 10 times but had anti-death trigger every time.
Cleared in 22 minutes.

So my main problems are probably dealing with Maluda spamming projectiles, and the triple Falzes in general.
Sometimes the Falzes juggle repeatedly for huge damage.
I guess you either need to have very high attack or defense to clear efficiently. I have neither.
Robot+houses are kind of a joke.

My Fi/Hu strategy was basically (with 1 Il Foie support bot, 1 Zanverse support bot, and 1 WB bot):
1. Kill Decols (maybe Twin Daggers best here?)-> Ringarda rings -> Ringarda
2. Kill Houses -> kill Robot
3. Kill Wolgardas -> Kill Zeshirayda
4. Twin Daggers to stay in air, kill Loser -> kill Double(s)
5. Use whatever to kill Hunar

I hate that it doesn't give EXP or count towards collection file.
Assholes.

Edit: Almost solo'd XH with Su/Br (first solo attempt). No bots.
Only Angel and Hunar left, had them low and Angel killed me twice by freezing me from the other side of the map and shooting me to death while I was frozen.
He's definitely the biggest threat by far. You can kite Double away from the others easily.
Don't enrage Hunar and he'll just stroll around slowly and can be ignored until last.

Su/Br strategy:
- Generally open with Maron, let it grow fat and throw when the bosses are together. Huge damage to all bosses at once.
- Keep the enemies attacking your pets and not you. If a pet dies, switch to another and spam AOE to direct hate to your new pet.
- DOT stuff is good (eg. Wanda's upwards attack, Torim Bullet, etc).
- I mostly used Wanda, but it doesn't really matter. Just cycle between pets while doing damage. Torim is probably better for more precise hits.
- Use Guren Tessen to gain distance if you need it.
- For the final battle, don't attack Hunar until last. Kite Double far away and finish them, and then carefully kill Angel.
- Angel's freezing attack is the most dangerous thing by far, and can hit from the other side of the map. Not exaggerating. Literally hits from miles and miles away.
- You can outrange Angel's project lasers, but watch out if he teleports close to you.

echofaith10
May 26, 2016, 08:09 AM
Heard you can get returner 3 from this. Is this from a title, or a client order? I checked the wiki, but the only title seems to be from 10 clears and reward is an excube.

Altiea
May 26, 2016, 08:13 AM
Heard you can get returner 3 from this. Is this from a title, or a client order? I checked the wiki, but the only title seems to be from 10 clears and reward is an excube.

Are you sure you're not confusing it with the Darkers Den discussion? You can get Returner III from XH Darkers Den, which is accessible by playing this quest on XH.

Catmsuica13
May 26, 2016, 08:53 AM
So are there any new tacos now that theres a new ta with xh?

TaigaUC
May 26, 2016, 08:59 AM
Not that I know of.

SteveCZ
May 26, 2016, 09:53 AM
Yes there is a TA Client Order for this. A limited one-time CO for Aika partner card. :D

Keilyn
May 26, 2016, 07:22 PM
Not trying to push the issue...

But isn't a map like this good for Ideal Weapons considering about everything here counts as a boss?

I hate that one gets no EXP or rewards from the map itself, but I love the chance to fight without having to look for the fights in the field.

SteveCZ
May 26, 2016, 08:11 PM
But isn't a map like this good for Ideal Weapons considering about everything here counts as a boss?

Yes of course.

Tunga
May 26, 2016, 11:35 PM
Not trying to push the issue...

Isn't this TA nothing but bosses or at least most of it is? Hard to believe you asked this just to know if ideal would be good or not.

TaigaUC
May 27, 2016, 12:02 AM
Everything's a boss except the stupid houses.

Keilyn
May 27, 2016, 12:02 AM
Isn't this TA nothing but bosses or at least most of it is? Hard to believe you asked this just to know if ideal would be good or not.

It was a Rhetorical Question with no intention of "pushing the issue" when dealing with the Ideal vs Austere argument from a while back. I've been asked before on what I suggest for weapons for this TA in-game.

So part of the intention of writing this as a Rhetorical Question was to remind players that if you need a little bit more power, Ideal Weapons do exist... as well as the Ideal Set Bonuses. Whether one goes Ideal for the extra power and resistances, or crafted Saiki for the extra PP.....

The option are there for those who are having problems beating this. :)

SteveCZ
May 27, 2016, 02:23 AM
So part of the intention of writing this as a Rhetorical Question was to remind players that if you need a little bit more power, Ideal Weapons do exist... as well as the Ideal Set Bonuses. ...

It does exist, lol. But I guess you're just trying to confirm this due to whatever issue you have with some people here related to Ideal vs Austere that I don't know (none of my business).

Solely for this TA, if you have Ideal and the sets, yes it works well in this TA.

milranduil
Jun 5, 2016, 09:23 PM
in case anyone here even cares, here is best solo time (by ponthi ofc)

[spoiler-box]
Traces of Darkness XH 2:36 solo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPRoQJomd4I)
[/spoiler-box]

Meteor Weapon
Jun 6, 2016, 12:59 AM
The problem I have with this quest is that you don't get reward whatsoever like the only reason to do is to to test your dps....and probably chance for XH Darker Den lol

LiserriaLuna
Jun 6, 2016, 01:01 AM
Oh my god 2:36 for this, this took me 8 min.

Xaelouse
Jun 6, 2016, 01:34 AM
The problem I have with this quest is that you don't get reward whatsoever like the only reason to do is to to test your dps....and probably chance for XH Darker Den lol

It's not even a good quest to test your DPS since you're supposed to try hitting multiple bosses consistently when all content that needs solid DPS consists on one boss.
A BO can get a better time spamming moment gale/dispersion shrike on all bosses than using vinto gigue/immortal per boss, for example. And since this is the case, they're doomed to have worse times than sword HU, double saber FI, and all might-o FO. The best FI vids dont even use backhand smash once.

Raujinn
Jun 6, 2016, 04:10 PM
Did a casual solo sword run and wrecked the quest in 11min. The best sword time I've seen is 3:58, main difference is their DPS is a little higher than mine and their positioning is way better than mine (also because I'm bad at video games and they're not). Kinda funny given this quest was destroying me initially...

Achelousaurus
Jun 6, 2016, 10:34 PM
Until the last area it was fun. Nice boss run. But Angel + Hunar + Double is really not my idea of fun.
It's practically Touhou.

Not sure I will even bother with XH cause there are no rewards. All Sega had to do was change drop so you can't get nero, no chance of abusing it, problem solved.
But Sega is Sega so nope.

Maybe I'll spam XH when I got a few friends together in hope of getting that 5s Returner III unit.
Sega sure know how not to get anyone motivated ._.
I mean there isn't even a Klotho co.

sea1111
Jun 6, 2016, 11:45 PM
Good place to test DPS and do quick TACOs.