PDA

View Full Version : 5 Combat Tips for Beginners

Dinosaur
May 26, 2016, 05:51 PM
If you're a brand new player, check out these crucial tips for combat.

1. Land your Just Attacks
- Whenever you attack, a ring appears around your character. When you input an attack when that ring turns red, that attack will get 30% extra damage!
- This is an integral part of gameplay. Try to master the timing!
- If you play Summoner, you don't have Just Attacks.

2. Hit enemy Weak Points
- Many enemies will have a spot where you are able to deal double damage. Sometimes that bonus is even more! Learn the enemy weak points to dispose of them as fast as possible!
- Sometimes you may have to break an enemy's part in order to reveal it's weak point.
- If you use any type of gun(or bow), all enemy heads/faces will be valid weak points for you to hit, even if you can't lock onto it.

3. Using Gunslash for PP recovery
- If you ever find yourself out of PP, don't run around like a headless chicken waiting for your PP to regenerate. Instead, use a gunslash in it's firing mode to restore PP with normal attacks.
- This is more apparent on Magic classes or when dealing with flying enemies.

4. Learn which status effects work on bosses
- Many bosses can be inflicted with status effects! Some of them have special stun animations or properties when they are under these status effects! It almost always is the status effect associated with the element the boss is weak to(e.g: a dark-weak boss may be inflicted with poison, a fire-weak boss may be inflicted with burn).
- Some bosses may not show the status effect symbol that they are affected by at the time, but the effects will be visually clear. For example, Quartz Dragon being poisoned drips purple or Vol Dragon's legs being frozen.

5. Get all of your Photon Arts and Techniques
- Make sure you have all of your attacks available to you! Check http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/others_4.php#nav and see if you are missing any of these.
- Aside from finding these on the field, you can also obtain them by purchasing the discs from other players on the player shop or through NPCs via. disc shop, photon drop shop, or NPC gifts.
- There are also PAs and Techniques that you can customize through the crafting system via. My Room.

Selphea
May 26, 2016, 07:02 PM
Go make a Medium or Wordpress to put the stuff you're doing! Beats copypastaing the same thing to Reddit and here and who knows where else. TBH though, PSOW people don't really need beginner level stuff.

You can even host it on mine. LF Summoner Guide maintainer person/other class guide writer/IDK there's a LOT of stuff that can be done. I do have some standards like spelling/grammar must be up to scratch and min 500 words (apparently the industry standard is 800-1000 but hey this is gaming)

I'll work on having a mini user profile below each post for guest writers to link to their own Youtube/Twitch/etc and yes the first one will be a guinea pig for setting this up pretty much.