PDA

View Full Version : If PSO2 could have elements/mechanics from Nova, what should they be?

Altiea
May 26, 2016, 09:19 PM
So, I've been lurking around the "what content should this game have" thread that's been circulating for a while. Whenever I think of content I want in PSO2, I think back to Nova, which I picked up a year ago and find significantly more addictive than PSO2. How the game simply feels, from its progression and atmosphere to core gameplay, is a lot better than pre-3 Button PSO2 in my opinion. This made me curious: even if it's a pipe dream, what did Nova do that PSO2 should do?

Sora3100
May 26, 2016, 09:22 PM
4-man content.

The Walrus
May 26, 2016, 09:46 PM
fun

5char

[Ayumi]
May 26, 2016, 11:56 PM
Offline Mode

AnikaSteinberg
May 27, 2016, 12:03 AM
While it's great that Sega finally realized how wonderful PS Nova's palette system is with the implementation of the 3-button system on PSO2,
I wonder if it's possible for them to implement the Buster class' quick palette skills in some manner.
Of course, PC players have no problem with quick palette switching, even when using controllers with Xpadder and whatnot.
However, I don't think PS4 players have convenient access to such quick palette switching features.

Out of mechanics/gameplay however, I wish they'd import the Gigantes-themed cast parts.
I really want to see them used by my chars here on PSO2 x.x

Meteor Weapon
May 27, 2016, 01:43 AM
A revisit to Planet Makia, like....why the fuck not?

isCasted
May 27, 2016, 02:37 AM
Non-sucky skill (especially instant weapon change skill) and affixing systems. Also, PA levelling doesn't seem to be RNG-based in Nova?

SteveCZ
May 27, 2016, 02:41 AM
;3358404']Offline Mode

This. :roll:

Altiea
May 27, 2016, 02:42 AM
Non-sucky skill (especially instant weapon change skill) and affixing systems. Also, PA levelling doesn't seem to be RNG-based in Nova?

You level GAs in Nova by turning in specific items to the Class Counter. You have to deal with the drops, but they're rather abundant if you know where to look.

Sonickyle27
May 29, 2016, 04:10 AM
Gigantes bosses plz.
Or at least the announcer from Nova. They're so over the top especially when there's a change over code.
"Chaannnggeeee overrrrrrrrr cooodddeee! Attack!"

It would be interesting to see how a Pile and Halo would work in PSO2. Their main purposes would be gone but they're so cool. The Pile is like a glorified Launcher and the Halo is like a lazy version of Tails.

Sirius-91
May 29, 2016, 06:27 AM
Chain everywhere, like the portables.

Lv. 200.

BWS-1
May 31, 2016, 12:52 PM
This entire thread is making me consider getting Nova...

Sirius-91
May 31, 2016, 05:11 PM
This entire thread is making me consider getting Nova...

Too bad it's Adhoc only for MP.

BWS-1
Jun 1, 2016, 08:01 AM
Too bad it's Adhoc only for MP.

So basically, PSZ all over again there. Darn. Well better than "MP only" or "offline only" altogether, I guess?

Altiea
Jun 1, 2016, 02:13 PM
So basically, PSZ all over again there. Darn. Well better than "MP only" or "offline only" altogether, I guess?

Well, if you're talking about the current state of Zero, then yeah. I personally never really gave a second thought to Co-Op in Nova, since I can (barely) handle the single player solo.

chaoko99
Jun 3, 2016, 07:50 PM
The weapon customization system looks pretty cool. Ooh, and a plot. An actually consistent, structured plot would be REALLY neat.