PDA

View Full Version : Article: Two deferent means to stop currupted data

gideon
Jan 16, 2001, 06:20 PM
Spectre54 writes, "Several Gamers have posted on Gamefaqs that they have lost all their player and quest data due to data curruption. Data curruption can happen in many different ways, you can have problems when transfering information from one VMU to another, you can have uncompleted saves, or problems during data compression. There appears to be two remedies for this problem. 1:Use a non-compressed VMU, Memory cards like the Nexus 4x memory card don't compress their files unlike the official VMU which does, this makes the card more stable (But we lose the awesome LCD display). The 2nd way to stop this problem before it starts was founded by a guy called "Renedare" in a gamefaqs board, he states that all you have to do is play without the VMU inserted and when you are about to quit plug the vmu into slot 1 or 2 on your controller, then save your game. Hope this helps anyone who was unfortunate enough to have a currupted game file."

Nifty.. glad I use a 4x memory card :)

Ifurita
Jan 18, 2001, 05:03 PM
Does the Sega 4x memory use data compression?

Feb 12, 2001, 03:36 PM
I kept getting corruped game files two. I doscovered ifor some reason it was because i was using the memory card in the second slot of the controller with another card with PSO info in the forst slot. The card in slot 1 is a legit sega vmu while the card in the second slot is a madcat 4 in one thing. Anyways when I started playing with only one card in a controller at once I never had corrupt info messages ever again.