PDA

View Full Version : Article: Sega's post-DC plans.....

gideon
Jan 31, 2001, 05:38 PM
Spectre54 writes, "It's official the Dreamcast will be discontinued as of March of this year (Hardware-wise), and software will cease by Q1 next year (but we are getting 100 brand spakin' new games for 2001."
Spectre was the first to write in on this, thanks for the news :)
Sega will soon (at least for a little while) become a Capcom/Acclaim/Team Ninja developer meaning SOFTWARE ONLY!! Sega has confirmed many games in developement for PS2, GBA, and X-BOX. Sega has madae a partnership with Pace Micro Tech. for their new system which is set to be revealed early this year and to be released around 2002 - mid 2002. Here is something that will make your jaw drop (literally), Sega has confirmed it's NAOMI 2 fighter "Virtua Fighter 4" (as well as Crazy Taxi 1, Zombie Revenge, and Space Channel 5) as a Playstation 2 game to be realsed in FALL, and The rest of the Shenmue epic (after Shenmue 2) will either be released on PS2 or X-BOX. Too bad huh? But there is a bright side to this, Once Sega goes software Sega will the the Software Giant of the world, and this new mystery system will surely put Sega back on top. It's still a bit sad that we have to say goodbye to the first 128-bit system and the first fully functional online system in Q4 2002. Note: "Dreamcast 2" (I would love it if they would call this new system "Katana" but for now it's just DC2) will be shown at this years E3 Expo! and all the Dreamcast sites will be covering it so keep your eyes open for the best system yet!

Chaz
Feb 2, 2001, 03:59 PM
I think that it is a big load of crap that Sega is doing that. Now my little 13 year old brother is going to be reallllllly pissed because he was hoping for a PSO2 on DC.
I heard rumors as well about a PSO 2 for DC in early 2002, is this lies now also? Because if it is...
I am going to come rape all of their dogs...I swear I will...

gideon
Feb 2, 2001, 05:05 PM
rape all of their dogs? haha. We don't know if it's true or false as it's only a rumor. We'll keep you posted don't worry.

Chaz
Feb 2, 2001, 06:51 PM
OK...thank you...I promise I will not rape their dogs now...:)

Feb 10, 2001, 03:52 AM
so wait. is SEGA still or will be back in the system/hardware when they bring out the so called "DC2"?