PDA

View Full Version : Article: Player Differences

gideon
Feb 17, 2001, 07:59 PM
SpacemanBill writes, "This may not be important at all, but I have noticed something—Japanese players are WAY different than we are! Instead of seeing endless Sephiroths or RAmars in black, you see endless armies of midget Forces! It's quite odd, in my opinion. I had logged onto a Japanese server (hoping to befriend a few and get spiffy items), to find a lobby full of the afore-mentioned Forces. Most looked a lot alike. I shrugged it off and joined a game. There, yet again, were the tiny magic-users. They were playing like Hunters and Rangers, however. Two were armed with Double Sabers (I bought one, heh heh), and another with a Gatling Gun. So if you're bugged out by all those Hunters and Rangers on the US Servers, keep this in mind. Coming soon: Europeans!"

Zydel
Feb 18, 2001, 03:29 PM
I've noticed that too.... weird huh? I'm pretty sure though it's because the japanese want a challenge, and that's probably by now their 5th character or so. Soon americans will realize there is much more to be gained by becoming a Force (One of the harder classes to be) then a Hunter with immense attack power.

Apr 4, 2001, 11:30 AM
Although I don't visit Japanese servers often, I understand their choice of Force characters...(the fat midget thing must be a Japanese trend...heh). I am on my sixth character, having used RAmar, RAcast, HUmar (several variations) and finally, a FOnewmn. The fact is, they ARE the most powerful characters in the game, they just start off the weakest. So if you truly want to be a badass, get a force (preferably the stupid looking male force) and level him way up.