PDA

View Full Version : Article: Gamespy PSO article up!

gideon
Feb 22, 2001, 10:01 PM
Go check it out on the front page:
http://www.gamespy.com/articles/february01/pso/
What does everyone think of this article?

Chaz
Feb 23, 2001, 12:48 AM
I think this guy seriously doesn't know what he is talking about.
After all, he said the PS series came out in the "early 80's", when in fact, it came out in the late 80's.
This guy has absolutely what PSO is. He think it's a "TAP TAP, MWAHAHA! KILLED THAT BOOMA! NOW TRY ME AGAIN WITH MY ULTIMATE WEAPON...SABER +1!!! MWAHAHAHA!"
Alright...im finished here.

Lanzer
Feb 23, 2001, 01:36 AM
I think that the writer is trying very hard to be politically correct here. If I get to write an article then it's gotta have rows of insulting statement about the graphics and gameplay on games like Everquest. :)
One point I like is the fact that PSO focuses on co-operation and the phrase "honorable gaming". It's the same concept that made me play Capcom's Dungeons & Dragons (it's an arcade game) for ages.

gideon
Feb 23, 2001, 03:14 AM
and he DID call it a MMORPG, which is blatenly wrong.. its a graphic massively multiplayer chatroom, and a very limited multiplayer game.

soundwave4
Feb 23, 2001, 01:45 PM
ok, so he was off on the particulars of the series.
Still, for what it was, (an effort to show PSO and the DC making a leap in console gaming,) it hit the mark.
I know some PC gamers, (as most of you do,) and the description fits. I have also showed PSO to 2 of them, and had them eating their words of contempt and mockery when they saw the online aspect.
To write an article on a popular gaming site, calling out PC gamers, telling them (and the rest of the gamers who dont have PSO,) that a online RPG console game is comparable to any of their PC's online RPGs, and to actually HAVE a game that proves it...
imho i think this is a 1st
sure, SEGA dropped the ball in several areas, but SEGA and Sonic Team ("WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!!") truly deserves the credit and accolades for a brilliant game.
-Soundwave4, (PSO- "Kain, J....")