PDA

View Full Version : Article: Adopt A Low Level Character Compaign

gideon
Mar 2, 2001, 08:15 PM
RedVento writes, ""
Too big to fit in the intro.. and oddly submitted to "Strategies".. a worthwile read... adopt your own newb today! I mean hey.. that newb could be me..
err... Just wanted to share an idea I've had yesterday. I had just gotten done playing throught the VH Ruins offline, and realized that I could hold no more items, nor could I put them in the bank. This is not say I had amassed a large collection of very rare items, anyone who's seen me in irc knows that simply isn't the case. I just don't get lucky enough for that.

But I have amassed a rather large supply of regular rare items that have good bonuses, for example I use a meteor crush with a +50 to dark in the ruins.. I also have a habit of finding lots of meterials and armor. I save the armor if it has 3 or 4 slots for some reason. So I decided to rid myself of these items, and the best way to do that I surmised was to hop into an online game and give them away..

So, I logged on, found a normal game with one guy in it.. I was in luck, only level 10 or so.. I think he was suprised to see me enter the game because the first thing he asked me was if I had a gameshark. "I have a suprise for you" I told him, and asked him to come to the city.. And boy did I, cause when he arrived, he arrived to mecca.. sitting on the ground at his feet were 20-30 items.. Since he was a hunter, and I was a ranger I didn't have that many swords, but what I had I gave him, a flowen's sword, blade dance, and Db Sabre + 9. I gave him about 15 materials that I couldn't use, hit and mind mostly. I left some 4 slot armor for him, and to top it off I dropped 100k. I don't think he quite understood what it all meant so I gave him a minute to absorb the whole scene.. Afterwords all he could was thank me. He also gave me his card.. which gave me my idea..

I have adopted this fine fellow.. he might not know it, but I have.. I can now check up on him, and bestow further kindness on him in the furture. You might be asking yourself, self? why would I go through this much trouble? Well the answer is rather simple, but not quite what you might expect..

Sure its nice to help out, and it gives back to the community, but it also feels good.. Knowing that this guy will be telling his friends about the lvl 90 dude Elric who popped into his game dropped a but ton of crap and left makes me fell, sorta omnipotent. I like that.. sorta makes up for not finding the items I want for myself, well almost. And besides.. you never know when someone might pop into your game to drop a butt ton of crap for you..........

BluBallz
Mar 2, 2001, 10:58 PM
I personally think that's a great idea... Me being only level 18 can be really annoying cos people think of u as easy targets... especially annoying when u play with some level 70 guys who just nick all the EXP before i get a chance to dent the monsters... so come on guys, adopt a newbie today...

Shishibu
Mar 2, 2001, 11:48 PM
Hell, I think it's a great idea. I was going nowhere with a level 30 chara, until a lvl 51 guy dropped into one of my games and gave me a DB Saber+9 and a few other goodies. Since then, I've done the same where I can, and I have to admit, it does go a long way towards countering the negativity of PSO cheaters and vultures.

TapamN
Mar 3, 2001, 02:18 AM
Hey! I was there! When you did that! ... er, I think...

Dragon-Ibuki
Mar 3, 2001, 01:57 PM
I did something like that to a low level character....imagine his surprise when I bought him everything he needed and thensome. He gave me his card with just as much thank yous as I've received in a lifetime n' it does make a force feel proud. I never thought of checking up on him...but I think that's what I'll do...good idea, hope others adopt :)

Guyver
Mar 4, 2001, 02:21 AM
hahahah ill adopt u i have lots of rare items and money ill help u whenever u want. my names guyver and my email is [email protected] email me when u get on and ill adopt u. im lvl 58.

VALgus-05
Mar 4, 2001, 09:19 PM
I've done some of my own inventory clearout to newbies myself. I usually look for 2-3 people around the same level and give each a rare and some money. One thing you have to watch for is that some newbies may actually be former hi-level people starting a new character. Giving some of these people stuff takes a cool head because I've come across some who got VERY nasty. Anyways, if you're new and you see me, I might just have some rare stuff to give away. =)

Mar 4, 2001, 11:11 PM
hi my name is DANTE in the game to ,i just stated and i just saw your offer ..i would like you to help me getting a goog armor for my ranger if you can ...thanks
DANTE

Heero_Yuy
Mar 5, 2001, 09:52 PM
Hey i do that too! I have 2 ppl so far that when they r on i give them my doubles and so on. IT started when i like u lost space. I decided instead of selling and getting money whick i don't need that i would give them away to someone who would appreciate them. They sure did i finally got 1 to about lvl 20 so if i help him out anymore i actually benefit a little bit :)

Mar 6, 2001, 12:20 AM
I've done something similar at the Gaming-Age forums called "Pass it Forward". When I have 70 items-bank/30-items-character, I create a passitforward game and invite Gaming Age Forum PSO'rs to attend..
Let Me know if anyone needs anything...