PDA

View Full Version : Article: PSO Cheaters/Dupers/GS Users stopped DEAD in their Tracks

gideon
Mar 8, 2001, 05:30 AM
Spectre54 writes, "A recent Epidemic of message board submissions say that Sega has implemented a server side anti-Dupe Check. What it searches for is if your using a old version of your character (dupped character). Gameshark is now also being detected by PSO servers as well. Several Cheaters accross the the nation are working frantically to figure out ways to get around the walls Sega recently put up. Many have posted techniques, none of which actually work, there is actually 1 VERY VERY dangerous technique to copy items but it involves you abruptly turning off your Dreamcast Unit, and 1/2 the time the game save is corrupted. Sega seems to have found the solutions against cheaters...well for now anyways."

M_Bison
Mar 8, 2001, 02:51 PM
This server-side stuff is great, but it still doesn't stop a cheater from duping stuff offline and bringing it back online with him.
END OF LINE...

Argonne
Mar 9, 2001, 01:31 AM
That's true, but I also heard that Sega can determine what items are duped, nullifying the threat from dupers even more, as they will delete any duped items. Yay!

M_Bison
Mar 9, 2001, 01:55 AM
Well you heard wrong, my friend. I have made alot of trades and I guarantee some of the stuff I got was duped. There is no way all of this stuff is legit. None of it has been detected.
I'll believe that when I see it. SEGA (or some poser) is spreading misinformation to try to scare the dupers.
END OF LINE...

Mar 12, 2001, 08:50 PM
I want to stop dupers, but I would be pissed if I logged on one day and half my stuff I traded legit items for were gone because some jerk duped.. the duper with all the originals wouldnt lose a thing.. but all the duped stuff he traded with would be gone... hurting those who did nothing wrong..

Mar 14, 2001, 03:21 AM
this is absolute bull, I shamefully dupe for it's the only way to get anything from greedy people :P, and I'm fine, and it's a GAMESHARK dupe too. If Sega bans my char, oh well...their fault BSOD got me and my stuff in the first place. I would love to see each and every dupe erased, for it wouldn't have these *****s showing off weapons they obviously duped, and want to trade to make a profit. It wouldn't bother me, I have my own Double Saber, Delsaber's Buster, Photon Claw, and other legit items to show off with pride.