PDA

View Full Version : Article: Future for cheaters look bad!

gideon
Mar 14, 2001, 09:29 AM
spruchy writes, "Well all you little PSO cheaters, bad news for you sega is taking you down! Just look here, http://www.cloudchaser.com/cc/sega/columns/index.cgi?id=368 I almost feel bad for you 0_o"
Good luck Sega... that's a pretty large scale goal. It's kinda sad Sega has to waste their time dealing with cheaters rather than delivering those things we really want, new quests, competitions etc.

Sisqua
Mar 14, 2001, 12:08 PM
Go and read this article. It's the most spot-on opinion piece I've read. I agree with absolutely every single word written.
More power to Sega for stamping out the people who selfishly ruin the game for everyone else.
S.

Mar 14, 2001, 07:24 PM
First of all, I'd like to say I like PSO and it's a lot of fun, but it's sad to see you all generalizing that dupers are ruining the game for everyone. Yes, I admit it makes rare items more available, but no one is forcing anyone else to take these duplicated items. Also, you don't have to play with cheaters. You find your own friends on there and you can tell whether or not they've cheated (like the person who has 8 Double Sabers for trade). I believe Sega is heading in troubled waters by attempting to ban these players. They PAY for the game, the system, the access to get online and play the games. It seems to be they are asking for people to get angry and to cause controversy.
I haven't used any of these codes on the game, but I have traded endlessly. What happens to those of us who traded a "pure" item for a duplicated one without even know? They get booted for life also. Is that really fair? Some people don't have the time to play the game for days on end, or hours on end, so they use the codes offline. Oops, that corrupts you file! Shame on you, now you can't ever play online. I think this is ridiculous that Sega is bothering with this. Let the cheaters cheat and let the people don't want to cheat play the game the way they want too. They shouldn't have to go in there and regulate every little thing. IT'S A GAME. Let people have fun. For some, cheating makes the game more enjoyable, but for others it doesn't. The fact is: Everyone has a choice. And as Brad states, no one signs a "Terms of Use" before playing the game. I'm sure there are legal actions one could take if they were banned from the game and I'm sure there are people out there that are willing to do so. This is just my opinion and I'm sure there are those out there who agree and disagree, I just felt the other side of the coin should be presented here.

Ukyou
Mar 14, 2001, 10:34 PM
Ehhh...I have a question about that.
I've never used a gameshark to dupe items, or modify stats...etc, but...
I've used it to backup my character with the "Save to another VMU" code...
I'm a screwed? Should I make a new char ASAP?

Mar 15, 2001, 12:32 AM
the item makes a good point...that we never agreed to any sort of eula which gives them the authority to remove functionality from the game we paid for for any reason.
i, for one, have used a gameshark to back up my save as a defense against the ever-dreaded BSOD and/or any unforseen problem (power loss, etc) and will continue to do so on a regular basis. no, i do NOT agree with cheating/hacking items/xp/money/etc. but sega was dumb enough to release a buggy game...and if they don't have the expertise to code their game not to crash AND have the nerve to try and tell me i'm f00ked if their buggy game crashes, that i have to spend hours re-doing everything...i'll do what i have done, and use the expertise of the collective net to allow myself a way around their idiocy.
the day i find out that sega has removed the online functionality from the serial number that i paid for, irregardless of the reason, i either get a refund or they end up with a whole ream of paper (and hopefully a nasty headache) from my lawyer.

Mar 15, 2001, 10:05 AM
I don't dupe don't know how or want to know how but i know that more than half my items i have are duped.. so what I am tring to say is.. Will i get banned for trading my stuff for duped stuff?

Mar 15, 2001, 06:44 PM
there is wayto backup without the shark, but i guessits to late for you.....check it out on the main page.