PDA

View Full Version : Article: 10 more PSO version 2 shots!

gideon
Mar 15, 2001, 06:30 AM
God writes, "Out of nowhere HKDreamcast brings us 10 more shots of PSO ver.2. Click Read More to scope them ;). A big thank you to Phantasm for writing in and letting us know about them."
http://www.drac.org/psoworld/Plgf201.jpg
http://www.drac.org/psoworld/Plgf202.jpg
http://www.drac.org/psoworld/Plgf203.jpg
http://www.drac.org/psoworld/Plgf204.jpg
http://www.drac.org/psoworld/Plgf205.jpg
http://www.drac.org/psoworld/Plgf206.jpg
http://www.drac.org/psoworld/Plgf207.jpg
http://www.drac.org/psoworld/Plgf208.jpg
http://www.drac.org/psoworld/Plgf211.jpg
http://www.drac.org/psoworld/Plgf215.jpg

TwiNCannoN
Mar 15, 2001, 06:50 AM
And just when I thought the weapons couldn't get any stranger.. the rabbit-head staff

gideon
Mar 15, 2001, 07:07 AM
If any of the shots so far are fake I would think it's the dreamcast MAG. It looks like it was taken from typing of the dead.

Mar 15, 2001, 07:34 AM
that mag is freakin awesome...I saw one that was a master system. I can't wait

Mindblade
Mar 15, 2001, 10:11 AM
And just when I thought MAgs coulden't get any stranger, the Dreamcast and Master System MAG. Strange.

Jordan
Mar 15, 2001, 11:03 AM
If these are real, there is no way i will ever stop playing PSO! im addicted help me!!!!!

Mira
Mar 15, 2001, 12:32 PM
Just so you know, those weapons look nifty...
As far as I can translate:
Handgun.
'rainuuto' Shout +7
Forest assault.
Fire slicer +6.

Mar 15, 2001, 01:34 PM
Interesting pic there with the RAcast running up a ramp.. is that a quick weapon-change menu?

BladeofDarkness
Mar 15, 2001, 02:34 PM
All I can say is

HOLY SHIT!

Mazoku
Mar 15, 2001, 02:37 PM
'rainuuto' Shout +7 is actually light shot +7

Mar 15, 2001, 02:40 PM
My goodness. The drool is begining to form. A Dreamcast MAG!?! A big FAT Umbrella? A rabbit head staff and that weird claw thing? Sonic team is the best.

DiscoInferno
Mar 15, 2001, 03:09 PM
I saw the same photo on another site and the DC was a Master System. Everything else in the shot was identical. The jury in my head is still out on these. Seeing how they've come from a Hong Kong (aka Pirate's Island) site, I'd say that the odds of them being fake outweigh the odds of them being real. I'm still hoping that they're real!

Mar 15, 2001, 03:37 PM
Mira, that one gun was a 'Light Shot' (no N) =] I don't mean to be an ass, but couldn't help it.

Mar 15, 2001, 03:54 PM
Actually, it looks more like
Riot Shot
and
Frost assault
to me.

Mar 15, 2001, 04:55 PM
i don't know about all of them, but some of those shots are definately fake! one of them is just forest 1 with some colours changed, and one of them is forest 2, near the boss with some strange purple thing pasted on!

vulpes
Mar 15, 2001, 05:40 PM
I hate to say this, but this whole Version 2 disc rumor/screenshot reeks of BS. I find it extremely hard to believe that SoJ and Sonic Team are so tightlipped about this, but somehow a Hong Kong (of all places) web site has scooped Sega and gotten exclusive screenshots. I live in Japan and read gaming magazines -- nobody's even mentioned this, much less gotten screenshots.
It looks like a hack or Photoshop job to me, maybe to draw in site traffic. Of course, if it isn't, then it will rock above all things -- but you definitely shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket yet... don't plan on that Master System Mag just yet.

Cheech
Mar 15, 2001, 06:30 PM
Hmm, I'm no art expert, but doesn't the backround in the last screen look a little too high res to the HUcast and the DC mag? Also, those monsters look really similar to some cheap horror video, but I can't remember the title. Hmm....
Anyway, those fake items are really strange o_o;;

Blackheart
Mar 15, 2001, 06:30 PM
Hmmm you could be right, this whole things does smell a bit fishy. But still even if the pics are fake, That's one Helluva hack or photoshop job, you gotta admit.

Mar 15, 2001, 06:32 PM
uhhh... I dunno if this has already been said since I don't have the time to let all these replies load, but your translation of "rainuuto" is a little off.
There's no 'n' there, bro... that would be raiuuto. If you say it just right, is sounds like "riot" to me... could be waaay off there tho, even tho I'm a japanese student.

Tetsunokage
Mar 15, 2001, 06:40 PM
Seriously kids... those mags look absolutely stupid, and GAMES in the lobbies? Like what? RAcast soccer? I'm calling this one straight up front. All these shots are bullshit, some stupid fag is having the time of his life laughing at all of us going berserk over some unconfirmed, doctored images. LOOK AT THEM! THEY LOOK FAKE! I didn't believe it after the FIRST shot (Which was the master system mag, if you'll recall...) Everyone take a good look at those shots carefully... you'll see what I mean.

Lem
Mar 15, 2001, 07:25 PM
I'm not so sure they are fake...
a) the overall quality of the information (screenshots with anecdotal gameplay info) seems like a leak: an unauthorized release.
b) this actually fits with the info being available from Hong Kong, and not Japan. Tho' they've cleaned up their act a lot recently, the notion of 'intellectual property' is somewhat... diminished... in HK and China. Japanese publications would of course not touch unauthorized info.
c) all the new features seem very credible. Ample evidence in the 'shots of only two new levels, additional Forest and Cave stages, new weapons... new silly MAGs... ;-)
Of course, it could also be a skillful 'Shop job! Lots of the imagery looks like modified PSO1, like the Ice Dragon and the lightning-shooting Hildebear (though that also tallies with the Append concept!)... I guess we'll find out soon!
Peace,
Lem.

KLin-304
Mar 15, 2001, 08:04 PM
Some interesting things I noticed from the screenshots The first picture looks like the character is holding a victory axe stuck on a pole, new weapon? :) Also, the soccer ball talks, and in English even! "Kick me!" hahahahahahaha! PSO am *GOAL*

Mar 15, 2001, 08:35 PM
If those are fake i`m gonna cry!!!!! lol
But i checked the onscreen map,it looks like
the chars are in the right spots.

SERGE07
Mar 15, 2001, 08:52 PM
They are not fake.
Look closely at two of the pics.

Rurouni
Mar 16, 2001, 12:43 AM
Why are there two pictures that look like cut-scene movies? I haven't played much offline, but I don't remember anything like that... -_-

Mr_Six
Mar 16, 2001, 01:41 AM
Maybe someone has already mentioned this, but, in shots #2 and #3 it seems as if there are an awful lot of NPCs on a playing field of some sort. Shot #2 also seems to have some sort of orange 'ball' in it. So is there going to be some sort of team 'sport' that we can play?

mr_piccolo
Mar 16, 2001, 06:06 AM
about pic 5 - lev 109 FOnewearl
I use a FOnewearl and i'm lev 85 and
my tp is over 1100!! (with MAG)
also: how are you supposed to be able to swing that weapon? its huge(and looks fake)...
does anyone see any questionable HP or TP levels with the other characters?
How will you be able to play with people that have PSO ver 1 with all these different enemies?

SirBash
Mar 16, 2001, 03:31 PM
All I have to say is.
If these were fakes why would www.IGN.com post them. But I have noticed that this site has removed the 4 pics they posted 1st. If you look at the 3rd pic down on the other page. The character is targeting the other player. If all 4 players had Hevans Punishment, well LOL ;)

Mar 18, 2001, 12:20 AM
HEY WHAT ABOUT THE HUNEWEARLS????DIDNT SEE ANY??CAN YOU TELL ME WHETHER THEY WILL BE APART OF THE GAME R NOT??????

Mar 18, 2001, 12:21 AM
LOLOLOL.OLOLOLOLOL

BlackCanaryOfDeath
Mar 20, 2001, 01:08 AM
Is it just a wierd coincidence or all the Hong Kongense players named after themselves?
That would suck if Ver.2 had no kool names

goorooloo
Mar 20, 2001, 05:48 PM
I dunno, that shot with the HUcast with the red tail looks pretty damn convincing! The map looks really detailed, too detailed in fact to be fake! And the actual quality of the new areas looks to be spot on with the graphic level we are used to seeing in the DC!
But then again the shot just below it with the RAcast has NO map! (Although the timer at the top, or the fact that he is in a menu may have something to do with it)
And I just can't accept those system MAGs! The Dreamcast MAG looks a little to sharp to me, and the Master System MAG, well.... I dunno it just dosen't sit right! Plus they have a pic of a Master System that looks really similar at the bottom of the same page!
Go here:
http://www.hkdreamcast.com/News-March01.htm
for all the shots - (sorry PSO World)
Even all the section Ids that I can make out seem to match up, even the Yellowboze FOnewm fighting the Ice Dragon (which also looks sweet, btw)
If they are fake, I wanna commend the artist on a job well done though! (Although I will hunt you down and kill you for teasing the PSO Community like this!)
Anyway, that's my 2 cents.... Time to go play now!

Akira_Fujiyama
Mar 26, 2001, 07:26 PM
Well Ill tell you guys that those pics probably arent fake! How may of you have looked at the back of the case of a game? The screens are always better looking then the actual game because those pics are displayed through a high res computer monitor which makes the graphics cleaner and sharper. Since the graphics are also created on a computer it will also display the pics cleaner since the computer has a much better proccesor! If you use a vga box for your DC you will also notice that the graphics are more crisp and cleaner! So dont jump to that they are fake just yet! And besides Sega has confirmed PSO ver.2

Mar 27, 2001, 03:59 AM
Try:
Handgun
Riot Shotgun +7
Frost Assault
Fire Slicer +6
Good try, pratice you katakana :)

sulk
Mar 27, 2001, 10:32 PM
if u ask me i think the screens are more fun then gameplay....thats what i think..

Apr 4, 2001, 12:44 PM
I do not belive they are fake. You quote a hyperlink in your posting, well here is another...
http://www.geocities.com/uk_pso/pso2.html
There are some different pictures here, including a different shot of the ice dragon. Too similar to be two separate photoshop jobs. That said, I belive I am good enough to produce similar quality material but NOT from different angles AND maintain continuity as well as it has been. 'Nuff said.

Soulbringer
Apr 16, 2001, 03:01 AM
What's wrong with all of you?
Personally, I think you're ALL retarted! Who cares if there's PSO ver.2 screenshots out ALREADY? In case you haven't noticed, there has ALWAYS been screenshots for games already out months before the final product is released! I mean COME ON, you people have no LIVES. Yes, I TOO play PSO 24-7, but I HAVE a life! About the Dreamcast, and Master System Mags: If you think about it, there's a lot of crazy mags in PSO like the Opa Opa, Chao, MechaChao, Pitri(little bat), and the little floating angel which in my opinion is THE stupidest one of them ALL, but it's not strange that Sonic Team would put something like this in their games(look at the Dr. Robotnicks Egg Blaster or the Akikos Frying Pan). Another thing to argue about... the new levels: Too "High Res" I think someone said, but isn't it natural that game developers would come up with better graphics as time goes on. Look at Squaresofts Final Fantasy series. They went from Nintendo to S.Nintendo to Sony Playstation, and have just gotten better as the years pass. The only argument to that is that each year Square gets better, and better, but think about it. For Square they're always coming up with a NEW game meaning NEW graphics engines. They don't recycle their old graphics engines because no one will play their games, but this doesn't apply to PSO. Like I stated just before: A company will always get better as time goes on, but it's natural that Sonic Team would "Beef-up" their upgrade to PSO... The first one could very well have had better graphics(not that I think they suck I assure you), but it didn't. If you've EVER played any OTHER online RPGs then you'd see what I'm getting at. You can't release a game with incredible graphics when it first debutes... IT'S NOT POSSIBLE because there would be TOO much lag, and it's JUST NOT LOGICAL! You need to see what the people will think about it first. If you read a lot of gaming magazines like I do you'd understand WHY the ver.2 graphics are better. Sure, they probably worked day, and night on the new engine(I don't doubt it) or they could've had it already done at the time of PSO ver.1s release so that they could've gotten it into the upgrade quicker in time for PSO ver.2s upcoming release. Think about this for a second if you will. Why release a game with incredible graphics if you could do it in an upgrade? Give the gamers something to look forward to(aside from the fact that it's an upgrade).Lastly on THIS part of my argument: About that bLUE HUcast being too grainy. If you've EVER gotten an up-close view of your character then you'd realize that it does the same thing in PSO ver.1 pal!
Lastly: Now I don't remember who it was, but someone said something about one of the screenshots not having a map, and there being a timer on the top of the screen. GOD, you're thick! THINK, some of the Guild Quests have time limits like Native Research(Kill 5 animal types in 20 minutes), and Secret Delivery( where you have to deliver a package to Elenor in Cave 2). So, maybe it's a screenshot of a new Guild Quest buddy.
Closing Statement: Whoever's supplying us with these AMAZING screenshots should be appraised, not ridiculed. You should stop, and think about what you're looking at before you even decide that it's fiction, and NOT fact! I for one am just happy to know that there will be a PSO ver.2 coming our way soon, and I don't care if the screenshots are fake or not, and I thank the person who got the screenshots for us. I just hope that those of you out there who chose to bash the guy or girl who went to great lenghts to retrieve these screenshots think about what you say before you decide to slander someone for being generous enough to do something nice for YOU!
Yeah, I'm finished.
-Black Magic

Apr 22, 2001, 08:00 PM
umm sorry, can u repeat that?

EnforcerICE
May 11, 2001, 01:27 AM
Ha !
I think ive seen the name Black Magic some where. but anyhow, hes right, screenshots real or fake are still better than looking at a page that says: "When the game comes out and you have all bought it and theres no point of posting other than a review we can post some pictures you have all seen. Now sit on your @$$ and wait for the game". or something like that.
Personally I mostly looking forward top the "Battle Arena" in version 2, i mean, that way, someone in the v-lobby is saying stuff that either comes out @#*(^#$&*(%@#^&*(%*(_@#&^#^ or something offensive, dont call SEGA and complain, get in that arena and lay the smackdown, OR...you can play some soccer :)

Jun 7, 2001, 11:11 PM
I am NOT new to PSO but I am a little confused. My humar is lv100 and has 823HP. But the humar in the photo is level l50 something and has 700 something odd HP. WHAT THE FUCK? I mean I thought that going to level 200 meant that you still get stat increase from lv100-lv200 like you did when you went from lv1-lv100. So whats the point in going to lv200 if your stats arent going to increase? If I am wrong about this someone please give me a fukking clue! If you can help e-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks. PSO rules. And for u assholes that say playstation 2 is better that gamecube, its only cause you wasted your money on playstation 2 and the only thing that piece of shit is good for is collecting dust and playing DVDs but It aint even good at that! You should of took that 300$ and bought you a DECENT dvd player. Sega and Nintendo rules!

Jun 8, 2001, 05:48 PM
very well said my PSO companion

Jun 13, 2001, 06:37 PM
Well i dont know about the dick above me but i think he is mad cause he didnt use his 300$ for anything good and pissed and waiting for a dying system before it even comes out....yeah sega rules but fukk nintendo they left everyone high and dry after Super nintendo....nin 64 (please that piece of shit didnt have enough power to add 2+2 without glitchin up) anyway Sony and Sega will always be rivals but both of them make great games and consoles....and as for Sony only collecting dust....you go on the street and ask the average guy if there Sony never gets played theyll laugh you out of the fukkin room....so unttil nintendo can make a better game than FF 10 or Tekken TT then i suggest you dont talk shit about Sony specially since you are probly watchin a fukkin Sony TV right now!!!!
Alright peace,
dark kaioshin......

Jun 14, 2001, 04:12 AM
The really funny part is that these shots are completely confirmed at this point in time. So, looking back, this guy is a complete tool. I mean, "GAMES in the lobbies?" Yep, sounds like it chief. What a maroon!

Jun 19, 2001, 11:21 PM
hey sony blows,and everyone knows it, and nintendo is good for us because enix likes them, so they can make dragon warrior games on GBA,anyone know if PSO ver2 actually has anything to do with the real Phantasy Star Series, and not the online cheater fest?

Jul 3, 2001, 04:38 AM
THIS DREAM VER2 IS DEAD!

Jul 5, 2001, 02:14 AM
well frist i give a fuck about the pictures i want the game if it doesnt come out in 2 months i wont buy it the wait is to long for a game that being told that come in july 10 then november fuck a game like PSO isnt worth it is not even a fucking rpg is a stupid chat room with acion in it secon i give a fuck about gamecube remnber stupid N64 well remenber does that sayed that dreamcast forver well it dint hapen nothing in life is for sure so if you think the wait is good well is not my fault that you use heroin.

Sep 18, 2001, 12:09 PM
All you guys are so f'n stupid saying that you wont buy the game if it doesnt come ot soon, sega knows they got us hooked,it really doesnt matter when they put the game out, tomm. next week next year , 2005 if really doesnt f'n matter, you and I both know once the game is FINALLY OUT, we will go buy it, you cant deny it

neo_beta
May 5, 2002, 07:23 PM
...altho i cannot see the picture you guys are talking about, through your discription i know what they are.. the red Claw thingy, for instance is called "The Dragon Claw" .....now if i could only see them my self....

neo_beta
May 6, 2002, 08:23 PM
..First of all id like too say, What is up with the score rating..? i think the important speach deserved more than a ...(Score:1) ...now that i have that of my chest i must say,
I fully agree with what you said in that leangthy Essay...(Altho i dont know how you found the time too do that..) I think your point is very ammusing, and very true. ....i Think as long as Phantasy Star Online Version One and Two is coming out AT ALL, is somthing to Preperate for.... I could really care less about the images as long as i get the game...
Than once again i will be free to Banish the Souls of the Living, ..and the Dead...
PS:..I dont write PS's...