PDA

View Full Version : Article: Europe will not get the upgrade!

gideon
Mar 16, 2001, 09:08 AM
God writes, "'Computer and Video Games' is reporting that Europe will not be recieving the PSO ver.2 upgrade!
"STOP PRESS!! We've just heard that the upgrade disc WON'T be released in Europe, because Sega is retiscent to sell a game at full price that only has two new missions over the original. If this makes you mad, let us know. The Nintendo kids vented their spleen today, and it could be the Sega kids turn tomorrow."
The original story is available here:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/story.cfm?sid=2356
A thank you to Colin for writing in and letting us know. Very unfortunate news for european PSO fans. It seems our petition is breaking off into yet another venture. Let your voice be heard. Sign (viewtopic.php?topic=3529&forum=10) the PSO World petition for European release."

MadMartigan
Mar 16, 2001, 11:41 AM
I am an absolute hardcore Sega child. I have defended them at every corner of their life. From Master System to Dreamcast. That is why it pains me to declare my favorite gaming company money hogs just like there business counterparts. How can they justify the equal cost of PSO to PSO ver 2?? I like all of us bought PSO and like it very much. Yes, it did become repetitive for awhile but the news of an Append disk was music to my Sega loving ears. But here it is, the sinker, every other upgrade whether it be Starcraft, Diablo, C&C were all signifigantly lower in price because ( at least I thought anyway) they developers realized that everyone who has Ver 1 had to BUY IT ALREADY. Sorry Seag, but this is a blaitant attempt to suck as much money as you can off your most recently popular game, and I have to say, it hurts. (tear)

Draco
Mar 16, 2001, 01:35 PM
Unbelievable. SOE, like so many giants you're making a mistake again. I'm a SEGA fan and I can understand that SEGA could be reluctant to sell an addon disk ... but look at the sales or the server figures. People like this game and an addon pack WILL sell. As yet, I've been lucky and not seen the BSOD but I regularly play on the US servers and for them an update to fix this is a godsend. BUT ... does this mean that I won't be able to play with my US friends if they're using the addon disk and playing in the rumored 2 new areas? That somewhat kills the 'World' view that SEGA has. After all, with the amout of work that has gone into making this a global effort why would you want to throw that away?
Well I shall still enjoy playing the online experience while I can and if the only way I can play the extra stuff is to import the release then I will. Till then let's just wait till we have a release date for ver 2.

gideon
Mar 16, 2001, 01:37 PM
Actually, PC game upgrades are a much different ball park than console upgrades. Keep a few things in mind....
The DC has no harddrive therefor there are two possible situtations for an upgrade
1) The second release must contain all of the first release.
2) You disc swap like a rabid dog.
While in a PC scenerio it can actually be an upgrade/add-on.
Do you really want to swap discs like crazy?

LongSteve
Mar 17, 2001, 03:06 PM
Assuming an 'upgrade disk' to PSO will require an original copy, what are the odds of a US or JPN version working with a European PSO?
Slim to none if you ask me.
Sega have made a mint out of me since I bought PSO. A new memory card, keyboard, controller extensions, not to mention skimming off the phone charges. They could release PSO v2 at twice the price of the original and I'd still buy it, and they're worried about it not selling, sheesh!

Neo-Skinz
Mar 18, 2001, 09:11 PM
It makes no sence why Sega shouldnt release PSO Ver. 2 here in Europe. The most of us will buy it even at the same price (cuz we are PSO crack m0nk3ys!) and there is plenty of demand for it! Their decision to not release it here is totally unjustified!
This is the second disapointment for me this year from Sega with their removing of Daytona's online mode! >.<
Its like Sega just hates us or somethin, they dont give a damn about wot we want at all! ;_;

Mar 20, 2001, 04:18 PM
I have lost my character twice because sega has deleted it. If i lose it one more time well then im ruining the whole pso world.
and this is what I am doing.
a larger group of us are going to give out these items for free and in large amounts.
God/Hp+++9000
God/Tp+++9000
Needle spray +99
c-sorcerors cane +99
Stag Cutlery +99
+999 Opa opa
All the people in the PSO World will not die.
lol then how hard will this game be.
ok I dont have to lose my save again for me to do this. Im starting today. Im doing this by joining games and putting 3 of these on the ground by the bank.
You are welcome