PDA

View Full Version : Article: Sega takes ACTION!

gideon
Mar 17, 2001, 06:38 AM
DynStatic writes, "If you were bad you may get a very interesting message when tring to join or create a game. Something along the lines of you haveing an item that was unjustly reconstructed... And that you need to go offline and drop that item. It is great that Sega is starting to implement this stuff.
This just started tonight.
I somehow remember sort of an "agreement" when signing on to PSO that says no Personal information will be taken, only the date/time and serial number is collected. What kinda personal information did i enter into the game? What are they talking about? Would this be my personal items/level/game time?
DynStatic (lvl 6, 13, 31) AKA simmons (lvl 50) "

Mar 17, 2001, 09:32 AM
all that patch does is search for hacked mags ie lvl 999 and it searches for overgrinded weapons or weapons with % that in the game cannot have % ie sbeat blade belsaber buster etc etc and anyway if ya want to get around it just put the items in the bank. this doesnt search for duped weapons only hacked weapons that are noticeable aka punish+99 as it has been stated b4 ppl have looked at the hex of the saves the items do not have serial #'s so they cant track every item you get or is in the game they can only search for something that cant exist in game aka hacked mag overgrinded weps or %ed weps that cant have % once again sega releases something that they think will stop cheaters and once again 5 minutes after its placed some hacker or just a person who can use his brain figures out how to get by it good job sega at least you had most of us worried on the other hand the ppl who will sit down and figure out how they did it and figure a way around it are not dumb enough to just go drop all the items we've gotten

Defend
Mar 17, 2001, 11:07 AM
Good point.
Out of 2 changes by Sega:
Cheaters - 2
Sega - 0

Mar 17, 2001, 11:36 AM
Personally, I think Sega knew that there was a flaw in their plan. They are just wating for people to deposit their itmes in the bank. Its all a big trap. I don't know when it will finally work but.... I don't have to worry because I find all my own items. Also there are rumors of dupers being completly banned next server update. For all the good honest people out there "Its about time!"
-Phantasy X
Reporter for www.cubicdreams.com

Mar 17, 2001, 12:47 PM
While I'm a happy that Seag is cracking down on cheaters, I do have so very high level weapons that I've used a ton of grinders on, and I have several weapons that I've traded for that have large + values. How am I supposed to know that these weapons which I traded for onestly might have been duped? If I have to loose my Spread Needle I will be most upset, and will call Sega to complain. I have no problem with tem eliminating cheating, for there should be no cheating. But when it comes back around and hits me, who has never cheated before, they have gone to far. Once again I state: how am I supposed to know if a weapon I'm trading somone for is hacked, especially if it has been in the possession of several people before it reaches me? And if Sega is looking at weapons with large + values, once again I shall be guilty, for I have traded with many to recieve as many grinders as I could, nearly maxing out all my weapons. Something must be done about this for it is the honest player who will feel the brunt of this attack not the cheater, who undoubtably is now working on a way around this for tomorrow.
-Talon-

Mar 17, 2001, 12:55 PM
Simple. Don't trade. I stopped trading when duping became commonplace and I will start again if it is ever eliminated completely. Until that point, I'll find all my own items, and I suggest that you do the same.
In the end, it's just a game, and you can always get new weapons if yours are indeed hacked.

Drake
Mar 17, 2001, 01:34 PM
I think you misunderstood that last comment (and no wonder... but let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say that English isn't his first language :P). He meant weapons with plus values *above* the maximum, which can only be created by direct hacking. Sega would never go after someone just for using a lot of grinders. ^^;

uonO_o
Mar 17, 2001, 02:19 PM
now i do not want to continue the trend of dubbing or cheating see how sega might drop some more rules on us that will prevent the game flow. but i was holding a rare for someone that shall remain nameless. and sega would not let me play after the scare of the bsod java death script,be on the look out for!!! but after calming down,it is really easy to get around it. just go offline and deposit all your items to the bankess and get back online with nothing,no mag no weapons nothing.and enter a game go back to the bank pick up any of your might be** jinxed** weapons and go play. just always remember to deposit everything before you leave or you might risk the chance of having to repeat this relentless task over and over again.dont get mad and erase your level 60 character like a fellow friend which we bow our heads to and are waiting for his level 1 newbie to level up.relax have a smoke and think your way around it. help your friends who have vowed never to cheat again and (erased there old characters ) build there characters back up and level up.(they just have to hit everything once for exp then you kill it!!!!) now can we play????? ospy (o_O)

Mar 17, 2001, 02:25 PM
but what about grinded weapons?????? if we were not suppose to use them to grind weapons (honestly) up and up and that is considered a hacked or jacked up item then why even put it in tthe game at all????????

Mar 17, 2001, 03:30 PM
Grinders are part of the game. Hacking a weapon to give it +100 (or whatever) is not part of the game. Also, all weapons have a limit to how high they can be grinded, and alot of the hacked weapons this news refers to are plussed well above that limit.
Sega will not ban you for useing grinders. Use as many as you like. Just don't resort to hacking once you reach the limit of the grinders abilities.

Mar 17, 2001, 04:01 PM
Thats it? So I took all those hours last night going in and taking one item out of stash and leaving game and trying to rejoin to see if they were hacked for NOTHING?!?!?! Well I did find out my eggblaster was a hack... but I was glad to know none of my other items were duped, but now I dont know that!!! why doesnt sega tell you what actually do? unjustly reconstructed? they didnt stop that!!!! just a very small amount of cheap stuff!

Nar927
Mar 17, 2001, 04:16 PM
I love what Sega's doing to the game online, and I hope it continues. Anything to discourage cheaters, and anyone that takes things easily in the game shouldn't even bother playing with you. I'm tired of seeing lvl 100 people with every rare weapon (not to mention having multiples of a rare!). Yes, it sucks that you might have an 'illegal' weapon from a friend (I traded a lot, but so far I'm clean!), but I don't really care. I'll just toss a weapon away that's 'illegal', and work for it (or till I find one from a friend that's 'legal').
But I'm not too clear on the comment about the person not being able to use weapons because he used grinders to max them out. Shouldn't they work still? I maxed out a lot of my weapons that I found, and they still worked. Oh well, best of luck finding a way around your problem.
Bring Ver. 2 to the States and Europe! Please! I love you Sega! LOL

Mar 17, 2001, 05:35 PM
I never dupe any iteams before and I like to trade alot and now i dont no witch of my iteams is the one I got to get rid of. SEGA YOU ARE PISSING ME OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Brian Sweeney
Bri2cool Lv.94

Mar 18, 2001, 12:42 AM
I have no problem with the new rules kind of puts control on things for the moment, i was just commenting to help other players with the problem.to many kids online erased level 50 60,80 etc characters and vowed never to cheat agian so it did make an impact. i was just trying to make a piont not to freak like alot of peeps did there are ways to play a good game :) ***honestly**** i do not cheat,i do not dub or use game shark im only level 37 man and thats with 60 hours invested.i dont really care about my rares that might be dubbed (from trade) i dont need em...toss em to the side and find them by myself .its all my mags that are real :i dont to lose them! thats what i care about!!! i was holding item for freind he was letting me try,i didnt know it was dubbed but i droped it in offline game and was done with it : oh well ill just go drop items and concentrate on mags, oh by the way i dont take things that easily.i will be the first to chase after someone who has stolen my weapon after dieing inot every lobby till i find him and tell everyone he is a thief :) thanks

Mar 18, 2001, 01:17 AM
My eggblaster+99 was haced 2. R all these damn eggblasters hacked if not I would like a legit 1. That way I don't have 2 remember 2 deposit it in bank.

later all,
polak420, lv 72, 14

xanyz
Mar 18, 2001, 03:11 AM
i used to be dupper because i just want to know how rare weapons look like,but now i am normal level 1 player after i know that the game is less fun when you cheat ... but i dont blame who use code , because i use it too....If u boring to use code let join me i am at titania 16-01 thai team

Mar 18, 2001, 04:08 AM
Upset about losing your Spread Needle? 99% of those are duped you dolt. Try finding your weapons.

Rio
Mar 18, 2001, 09:26 PM
Not only is it decidedly dishonest to run around with hacked weapons, but it can now start to cause trouble for anyone you happen to be playing with. The other evening I was playing with a couple of guys sporting more faked items than I've ever seen before. Their constant disconnecting and reconnecting, combined with my own less-than-stellar ISP resulted in my Dreamcast freezing. I lost several rare items my friend tracked down on Very Hard to make my life easier including a Meteor Smash, a Devil's Laser and a couple of God/Arms.
Bloody cheats...

Mar 18, 2001, 10:18 PM
No offense man, but have you ever heard of punctuation marks?

JoHnSoN
Mar 18, 2001, 11:50 PM
The only items the game "detected" are the Egg blaster +99, Sonic Knuckles +9 (whats up with that one), and a opa opa mag at lev 999. Other than that nothing else. Is the Egg Blaster and Sonic Knuckles fake weapons or what. The Egg Blaster Owned. Someone get back to me on that. Thanks

htny
Mar 19, 2001, 08:34 AM
ditch your eggblastres and the mags and you'll all be cool..ht

Mar 20, 2001, 10:28 AM
just put dodge items in bank offline then go on and collect them again

Mar 20, 2001, 04:17 PM
I have lost my character twice because sega has deleted it. If i lose it one more time well then im ruining the whole pso world.
and this is what I am doing.
a larger group of us are going to give out these items for free and in large amounts.
God/Hp+++9000
God/Tp+++9000
Needle spray +99
c-sorcerors cane +99
Stag Cutlery +99
+999 Opa opa
All the people in the PSO World will not die.
lol then how hard will this game be.
ok I dont have to lose my save again for me to do this. Im starting today. Im doing this by joining games and putting 3 of these on the ground by the bank.
You are welcome

Mar 28, 2001, 10:58 PM
here's an idea ya moron...why don't you just not use hacked items? Why don't you play the game as it was meant to be played?
Why don't you be a man and accept you've been caught. I mean really...

Apr 12, 2001, 10:48 PM
It happened to me with my God HP++, they wouldnt let me play. So I went offline and deposited it in storage and went back online and joined a team. When I went to the storage to retreive my God HP++, the game disconnected as soon as I took it out. To bad, it was fun beating all of the bosses by myself.

uonO_o
Apr 20, 2001, 02:03 PM
lmao lol lol