PDA

View Full Version : Article: PSO Radio First show!!!

gideon
Mar 19, 2001, 02:02 AM
godfree writes, "Hey guys the show is on our site is now open http://www.mp3.com/psoradio. Our first guest is Kai Tracid, I met him online in the game and we discuss about the situation about Cheating and Dup, Is it good or Bad? THis is my first show and I really need feedback. This is like my first radio show about any video game ( I am use to my Hip Hop Show) But is something new and with all your help we can make this grow. I am planning to have more guest on the next show this week. But in the mean time check it out. You can download, Play the show or even email a card of the show to your friends.... let the word out :)
http://www.mp3.com/psoradio
p.s. Help out PSO world they have given us all the info on PSO first then any other site out there..Dont worry I got you on my next show :) "

nozedive13
Mar 19, 2001, 12:03 PM
i liked most of this show from a technical standpoint. liked hearing some game music, the audio quality is ok... providing the show in mp3 was smart. very small download, everyone has the ability to playback mp3...etc.
from a content standpoint, it's some kid in his basement. uneducated, uninteresting, slow speach. am i expectnig this guy to be an english major? no. but the show was basically a taped phone call between friends. sounds like he just woke up and rolled out of bed.
"heeeeeeey. welcome to uh..... the show. and uh..... we're gunna be talkin bout' uh......"
could've trimmed the interview to 5 minutes without the 'uhs'.
the show will eventually fall due to lack of interesting content. i can see maybe the next couple of shows "What do you think about ver2" "do you think it's cool to use sperad needles" "which character/class is best"... but eventualy it's going to run dry.
in television, they don't pitch a show unless they have a seasons worth of episodes planned out. do i think this guy has 4+ show ideas banging around in his head? i don't think he has the rest of his day planned let alone that.

Glider
Mar 20, 2001, 01:43 AM
As long as he gets support (it's already on dailyradar) It will do fine.
Next time why don't you try to offer suggestions, instead of putting it down. I would like to see you do better.

Sisqua
Mar 20, 2001, 08:04 AM
Nozedive - I think your attitude sucks. I loved the show - the dj has obviously gone to a lot of trouble to make it and deserves credit. I think your comments were unfair and ill-conceived. If everyone who tried this sort of thing got critisized for having a go, no-one would ever want to.
I agree entirely with Glider - if you want to comment, make it constructive. Personally I enjoyed listening to it. Being British myself, it gave an interesting US perspective on PSO. So what if it's a guy in his basement - more power to him for doing it then. As for his presenting style, I'd rather has a few umms and uhhs than some slick jock who comes out with a continual string of drivel just to fill the airtime like most of the pros do.
Well done - I look forward to the next show.
S.

nozedive13
Mar 20, 2001, 09:22 AM
Did i not say that this show was decent from a technical standpoint?
In responce to the classic "let's see you do better": no. i wouldn't want to even try because i think it's a dumb idea.
In responce to "how about some constructive criticism?": my only suggestion would be to ditch the whole idea. why you ask? the show is nothing but an audio message board thread limited to the view of two people.
i hope people can understand my comments rather than just flame at me for being mean.
i challenge anyone who likes the show to present why in comparison to anything else available.

Sisqua
Mar 20, 2001, 12:30 PM
I think the word you should be searching for is 'tact'. If someone has put time and effort into something, and you personally have no other opinion other than "it's dumb", maybe its better to keep quiet.
S.

Mar 20, 2001, 12:31 PM
Thx to all for your support. I dont really car much about the bad reviews... There will be people like always. To tell you the truth I was kinda nervous because I never done a radio show for a game before. BUt Everything will get better, And I am doing this by myself. I dont have no ones help and is not easy. I am the one trying to get numbers from other players that I don tknow to start talking about the game. So I dont know this person that is on my show. Oh yeah I am not doing this by the basement. But if people dont like dont hear it..... But you know they will be the first people to hear the show anyways... But is all good... Thats what makes me wanna make it better next time.. thx from GODFREE
P.s. For all the people that odnt know we came out on number #1 on the mp3.com http://genres.mp3.com/music/books_spoken/spoken_word/

Mar 20, 2001, 04:14 PM
I have lost my character twice because sega has deleted it. If i lose it one more time well then im ruining the whole pso world.
and this is what I am doing.
a larger group of us are going to give out these items for free and in large amounts.
God/Hp+++9000
God/Tp+++9000
Needle spray +99
c-sorcerors cane +99
Stag Cutlery +99
+999 Opa opa
All the people in the PSO World will not die.
lol then how hard will this game be.
ok I dont have to lose my save again for me to do this. Im starting today. Im doing this by joining games and putting 3 of these on the ground by the bank.
You are welcome

nozedive13
Mar 20, 2001, 04:23 PM
i'm pretty sure i've expressed my opinions past the all-inclusive and conclusional statement "it's dumb".
i've stated:
1) the future is not so bright for a radio show dealing with the limited content of any videogame, let alone an rpg which tends to be shallower than a wading pool
2) the current format of the show is nothing but an audio version of a message board thread. a message board thread that is not interactive in any way, and only expresses the views of two people.
3) the host needs a speach class. nobody would've wanted someone that sounded like an english professor, but this guy is way on the opposit side of the extreme.
Also, in responce to where the host posts "we're number one on the spoken charts": this is kind of like saying "i'm the best pso player in my house". you're dealing with a small amount of competition and that competition isn't any good. i've listened to some of the other entires on that that list and know what i'm talking about. i challenge you to sit through an entire episode of anything else on that list. the horrors...
Sisqua didn't defend his position by stating why the show was good, he just chose to reply with a verbose version of "shut up" which is why i'm still pondering, "why has he ignored all the reasons i have previously stated for disliking this show and picked 'it's dumb' out of the mix to begin his comments?"

Mar 21, 2001, 06:02 PM
Why has Sega Deleted your account??? There must be a reson other then they dont like you.

Mar 21, 2001, 06:10 PM
Now you are just being plain mean. The guy spoke some slang, there is no need to recomend a speach class. Now the Idea may be silly but i dont think it is any sillier then other talk shows. A PSO update is on the way and with the success of it I am sure that it will be coming to every other console out there. then maybe it will be like a regular talk show where we get to watch, excuse me, here hillbillies throw chairs at each other and find out how their Dreamcast PSO character had an affair with a PS2 PSO character and gave birth to a GameCube PSO Character only to find out theat an XBOX PSO character is the true father. come man just think of the possibilities.

Sep 17, 2001, 09:50 PM
okay... I'm a fairly new player... no I'm not going to reveal my name... but I'm curious as to where/when you'd be doing the drops...