PDA

View Full Version : Clash of the Classes

L0RDTemplar
Feb 16, 2001, 09:37 PM
So we've all had plenty of time to play PSO. And make opinions on classes. I have a problem with this game though, RAcast vs. RAcast, the best char is the one with the best armor and weapons. Not the smartest. in Diablo II, you could coment someone's decision. If they were doing bluck damage, it was because they has choosen the right skills, and choosen the right stats. In PSO, you are assigned stats. The Spells arent chosen, you find them on the ground.

Point is, RAcast vs. RAcast should be more than it is. You should be able to raise your stats how you want. This was great in diablo II, you could make a tankin' sorceross, in the way you customized. I'd like to make an extremly acurate RAcast, or a beefy tanker.

But that's no happening. Any logic behind their system over the other? Or am I just rambling on about past games?

Twinsen
Feb 16, 2001, 09:43 PM
Actually, it is quite possible to change your stats during the game. No one character is the same. That is, if you feed your MAG the vitamens (how is this word spelled?! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_confused.gif) and minerals that your MAG needs to be strong(POW) or smart(MIND)...or accurate(DEX).....or tough(DEF). But take off the MAG and the add-ons and yeah...I guess same level/classes are the same...but...yeah...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

L0RDTemplar
Feb 16, 2001, 09:49 PM
Sorry about all the typo's in the other post, just got careless I guess.
The mags are a substitute, I guess, in some ways. But everytime I try to raise a new mag, I get the black screen of death, just when it started to get interesting.
Still stands of course. If you give a RAcast a gun, and another RAcast the same gun, there is going to be little to no diffrence.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: L0RDTemplar on 2001-02-16 18:50 ]</font>

Arcadean
Feb 16, 2001, 09:55 PM
Lord pull the internet plug and you won't lose them.

L0RDTemplar
Feb 16, 2001, 09:59 PM
Yeah, I just read that thread. Unfortunatly, my visit to this board was caused by a "black screen of death" that I had just received.