PDA

View Full Version : Why I don't want HUmars on my team.

Uncle_bob
Apr 27, 2003, 04:45 PM
If you've played on Antares 8, you've probably seen my "No Humar/Bkb" teams. This post is to explain WHY I DO NOT WANT HUMARS ON MY TEAM.

Now, before I get started, I'm not saying ALL HUmars are n00bs, asses, dupers, cheaters, etc., but MOST are.

Reasons I don't want Humars on my team:
1. I'm tired of seeing them, there are WAY too many on PSO. I think Pioneer 2 needs to start sterilizing Humars... They're growing out of control.
2. I'm tired of keeping them alive, S/D'ing them, reviving them only to see them whore EVERY red box that drops.
3. They're ugly.
4. Most use obvious dupes, even if they know it. Can I say BKB?
5. Most of them item whore anything that is RED, and even things that aren't red. I've had some n00bmars pick up Trifluids right from under my Fomarl.
6. They're ugly.
7. Most can't type worth a shit. "omg do u want 2 traed 4 raerz?111" "wut" "LOL" "STFU" "LMAO!1!1"
8. They're ugly.
9. Because I don't want to have them on my team.. just because..yea.

Yea.. So don't pop into my teams and ask "y u hate humar?!11". If you do, I hope Hell falls on your penis. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Cyn
Apr 27, 2003, 04:54 PM
I think there are just as many good players who are Humars as any other class but the problem is that there are so damn many Humars and so many are 14 year old idiots. Another annoying habit they have is joining a game, cycling through there array of duped weapons and leaving 5 minutes later.

Reenee
Apr 27, 2003, 05:03 PM
You're being biased. So what if you don't like them? Others do. Let them play as they wish. Not all of them are Dark Flow-begging, Black King Bar-using, Shifta/Deband-wanting bigots.

MP3dawg16
Apr 27, 2003, 05:19 PM
I've never been a fan of them, all my friends think they rock... and maybe they do. I dont play online, but my friends make the same mistakes you pointed out, there always lunging at red boxes, and taking fluids from my poor FOnewearl...

my fav. four chars are.

RAmar, HUcaseal, HUnewearl, FOnewearl,

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MP3dawg16 on 2003-04-27 15:21 ]</font>

Blue147
Apr 27, 2003, 05:26 PM
On 2003-04-27 14:45, Uncle_bob wrote:
If you've played on Antares 8, you've probably seen my "No Humar/Bkb" teams. This post is to explain WHY I DO NOT WANT HUMARS ON MY TEAM.

Now, before I get started, I'm not saying ALL HUmars are n00bs, asses, dupers, cheaters, etc., but MOST are.

1. I'm tired of seeing them, there are WAY too many on PSO. I think Pioneer 2 needs to start sterilizing Humars... They're growing out of control.
2. I'm tired of keeping them alive, S/D'ing them, reviving them only to see them whore EVERY red box that drops.
3. They're ugly.
5. Most of them item whore anything that is RED, and even things that aren't red. I've had some n00bmars pick up Trifluids right from under my Fomarl.
6. They're ugly.
7. Most can't type worth a shit. "omg do u want 2 traed 4 raerz?111" "wut" "LOL" "STFU" "LMAO!1!1"
8. They're ugly.

Yea.. So don't pop into my teams and ask "y u hate humar?!11". If you do, I hope Hell falls on your penis. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Your a fucking moron."They'er ugly" What kind of a stupid reson is that?There way to many ramars,fomars,the hunter newmen,and the fo newmen chick."All humars are n00bs, asses, dupers, cheaters, etc." you played with every humar in pso wow.

s3rial_one
Apr 27, 2003, 05:27 PM
That wasn't his point, Shapiro. He said most, and he's offering an explanation as to why he makes games the way he does; that's reasonable.

I happen to agree. The thing is, on PSOX, almost every single one of 'em is a n00b (which is scary, because, and I kid you not, HUmars make up about 90% of the characters you see online). And of that, most of them are named from Final Fantasy 7 or Dragonball. That's a sure sign that the player's a wanker; NEVER have a met a player with a name like that who I considered even remotely tolerable. I won't even join games with 'em anymore, either.

They steal fluids from your force, gank every single red box that drops, incessantly whine and cry for S/D the second it drops (yet refuse to stay in range to recast it), complain that I'm not doing anything while I'm using J/Z, and spam their "HEAL ME!!!" hotkeys every single time they're hurt. It's common, in my experience, for HUmars to die because they automatically assume that the force is in the game for no other reason than to follow them around and heal. And if the force can't get to him in time (usually because the dumbass HUmar doesn't realize that he should be up front playing tank), he won't heal himself, and drop dead. Of course, then, chewing me out for letting him die. You know, 'cause he couldn't have healed himself or anything...

Obviously this is a gross overgeneralization, but I thing there's a larger population of pricks amongst HUmars (and to a lesser extend, RAmars) than any other class in the game. Playing with them is almost unavoidable, but I try not to, when it's possible.

muff
Apr 27, 2003, 05:30 PM
Hey i'm 14. Thats ageism and Humars could sue you for racism (joking)

Nah i am 14 though. I know what you mean as well, Humars aka, Sephiroth, cloud, squall, trunks etc. are most dupers choice of char.

Foggy_Pete
Apr 27, 2003, 05:32 PM
that was terribly biased and pigheaded
but i agree with you totaly

LamerPanda
Apr 27, 2003, 05:38 PM
14-year-old? I'd say younger than that. Anyway, it's not age that matters, it's your actions.

I haven't had the best luck with HUmars, either, but some of them actually learn if you stick around. I've seen one or two that actually had experience and were pretty good with their characters. Others were new to the game, but learned pretty quickly and ended up being helpful. (Requires some patience, though...)

On the other hand, some people never learn, and these are the ones you should avoid. =D

I've met people I dislike in every class. HUmars, being the most prevalent and the general choice for people that are new to the game, just happen to have the most.

Revilo
Apr 27, 2003, 05:41 PM
you give hunters a bad name

Uncle_bob
Apr 27, 2003, 05:42 PM
On 2003-04-27 15:26, Blue147 wrote:

3. They're ugly.
6. They're ugly.
8. They're ugly.

Your a fucking moron."They'er ugly" What kind of a stupid reson is that?There way to many ramars,fomars,the hunter newmen,and the fo newmen chick."All humars are n00bs, asses, dupers, cheaters, etc." you played with every humar in pso wow.

Hehe! I just think they're ugly, that isn't a stupid reason... Anyway, the other classes you mentioned aren't a problem (even if there are too many of them) because they don't do 700 damage per hit. Although, I do have to admit that a lot of them item whore just as much as most Humars do.

And when did I say "All humars are n00bs, asses, dupers, cheaters, etc."? And when did I say I have played with every Humar in PSO? Before you call some one a "fucking moron" you should read (and re-read..)what they said, first. Ah... the depths of human stupidity keep going lower and lower every day.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Apr 27, 2003, 05:45 PM
I feel the same way about HUmars. (tsfo-snapple is married to a humar? oops)
It's discrimination and stereotyping, but so what. Eat me :3

Dime
Apr 27, 2003, 05:49 PM
I think P2 has started a cloning factory.

And it seems as though the only applicant was a spiky haird HUmar named SSJVEGETA with a Double Cannon.

muff
Apr 27, 2003, 05:52 PM
Leave them alone, everyone is a n00b at first, they gotta start somewhere.

s3rial_one
Apr 27, 2003, 05:54 PM
On 2003-04-27 15:49, Dime wrote:
I think P2 has started a cloning factory.

And it seems as though the only applicant was a spiky haird HUmar named SSJVEGETA with a Double Cannon.

*falls over laughing*

Mello
Apr 27, 2003, 06:23 PM
By the way another popular HUmar name is "Link." I agree that their are TOO many HUmars and that most of them are either Dupers or/and Newbies but Some of them are actully really good.

Morfos
Apr 27, 2003, 06:30 PM

Actually Blue147 you are the moron. People like you are why so many people hate HUmars. Because they(you) are asshole(s).

CorneliusPower
Apr 27, 2003, 06:38 PM
HUmars can grow very dependant on you, especially when you have shifta/deband. It's never to the point where I dont want one on my team. A lot of HUmars who spam the screen with "LOL" and constantly begging for a J sword are the ones that get on my nerves. But surly I have played with some cool-headed HUmars...some can actually be fun to play with.

Vitamin_D
Apr 27, 2003, 07:02 PM
Haha...well i'll just say what I always say. If you don't want to play with me becaue my CLASS is HUmar, then that's your loss. You're shutting out a lot of good players by your generalizations, but do what you will. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Wang_Tang
Apr 27, 2003, 07:09 PM
On 2003-04-27 16:23, Mello wrote:
By the way another popular HUmar name is "Link." I agree that their are TOO many HUmars and that most of them are either Dupers or/and Newbies but Some of them are actully really good.

Are you kidding me? Hm... well, maybe on the gamecube version, i try to stay away from crowded lobbies for all the lamers. On the dc version, and still on the gc version i see so many humars named "trunks" or "ssj-something-or-other-thats-retarded" or some other inane jackass-like name.

The only reson I won't make a humar is because all the hate against them (i hate them too hah), and my l337 skills would go unrecognized im sure. ^_^.

Blenjar
Apr 27, 2003, 07:12 PM

3. They're ugly.
6. They're ugly.
8. They're ugly.

P A R T II
1. They all look alike which makes them ugly.
2. They're sick.
3. They all look alike again, which makes them all more ugly and worhless.
4. Ugly cloths.
5. Ugly hair style.
6. They're worthless to you. Beggin' for SD or JZ.
7. They suck, HUcast are better.
8. They're wastin' my FOmar's TP in a bad way.
9. I just hate there looks.
10. My first character was a HUmar, thx god I got corrupted. That was in DC.
11. They're worthles piece of cake.

Droxitr
Apr 27, 2003, 07:16 PM
I have a theory:

Only being able to use big-ass swords, no good guns, and not having the full array of techs slooowly degrades the connections in your brain that allows you to play internet games like a civilized person...

Most victims of "HUmar Syndrome" exhibit obvious signs, such as:
Not understanding that spells/techs have a range
Not understanding that mana potions/fluids are of little use to them
Retaining the keyboarding skills (or ski11z) of a monkey, only using things like "LOl", "STFU, n00bit f@g", "HEL PLS", ect.
Characters always ALWAYS have spiky hair (if allowable in game) and names that make them feel "133t" or "k3w1" (that are always from DBZ or a commonly known SquareSoft game)
-
Note that this is applicable in ANY form of online gaming. Berate them not, for they are the victims. And then rejoice if you find someone who meets the criteria at the top and still displays signs of rational thought. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gif

Foggy_Pete
Apr 27, 2003, 07:18 PM
[/quote]

[/quote]
i wonder what class he is?

Dime
Apr 27, 2003, 07:26 PM
I think he's a FOnewm.

Has anyone mentioned how ugly HUmars are yet?

s3rial_one
Apr 27, 2003, 07:29 PM
Not to sound pro-HUmar, but at least they aren't quite as clonish as HUcaseals and FOmars are.

What the bloody hell was SonicTeam thinking when they designed those characters? They have one "cool" setup, and the rest is best described as "fugly."

ABDUR101
Apr 27, 2003, 07:33 PM
Dear God, this is a load of Ranty Cathys'.

No flaming, and for the love of God, get a sense of humor.

*moves to rants*

Dime
Apr 27, 2003, 07:33 PM
Once in the DC version there was a pink RAcaseal with the pig looking head, and she was named Porky Pig.

BEST.SETUP.EVER.

ChibiMyu
Apr 27, 2003, 07:42 PM
Reasons I DO want Humars on my team:
1. There can never be too many of them around. The way that they keep getting bashed around by the other classes, I think they need to start a "Save the Humars" fund.
2. They can resta themselves... no need to worry about your resta range if you're a FO other than a fomarl. They can do anti too... not to mention rafoie... km!
3. They're cute.
4. Great BA HU class. They can really use autoguns and brands well... who needs bkb for BA anyway.
5. They're great at making other peoples' screens go red in BA mode.
6. They're so cute! I love those baggy shorts...
7. Humars can show you an excellent and educational demonstration of 1337.
8. They're sooooo CUTE!!! I just love those kawaii hairstyles. If only hunewearls could wear ponytails like that...
9. Because... because... it's fun to BA! o_O;

brillyfresh
Apr 27, 2003, 09:29 PM
hey now HUmars are good for something, this:

providing a distraction for the mob of enemies that swarm around him while i sit back and blast the group with a gun or tech

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

what exactly DOES a HUmar need a trifluid for anyway? for those "high level" techs that they cast every other second? hahaha ... maybe it would be ok if they were storing the fluids for the force on the team in case they ran out ... but come on, do you think most HUmars think of something so noble as that?

if i'm playing with my RAmarl, i personally avoid teams with only HUmars ... i don't like playing babysitter, and i certainly don't have the TP or fluids to wipe their butts with in every other room

a HUmar's TP gauge = Resta/Rafoie gauge

what a waste

and carry some freaking antip's and sols for the next time you get paralyzed, for crying out loud ... and at 60 meseta each and stacking 10 in one inventory slot, don't even tell me an antiparalysis is a waste of money or inventory space

Ness
Apr 28, 2003, 05:52 AM
This goes back to what I was saying earlier, HUmars get a bad wrap because they are usually associated with N00bs and dupers. That's another reason I'm glad I switched to Xbox because there I can be a HUmar an not be feared. I often help out new people and never whore items or cheat.

Vanango
Apr 28, 2003, 08:09 AM
On 2003-04-27 15:52, Cubis wrote:
Leave them alone, everyone is a n00b at first, they gotta start somewhere.

guess what? The problem doesn't lie in the fact that he's going around bothering Humars, it's the other way around, he doesn't go around joining teams looking for humars and lecturing, but if you're a humar and you join a team that blatently tells you to stay away, don't be surprised when you're yelled at.

If you love them so much, you should collect them (we know there's enough of them) and teach them:

1) How to Play
2) Not to be annoying
3) To Spell
4) Not to pretend they are 1337 or a |-|4><0|2
5) Not to be ugly, oh wait... why isn't there a "brown paper bag sheild"? Just tell a humar it's uber rare and they'll all be running around w/ one on!
6) Tell them not to steal... hahaha, maybe if *you* give them all *your* rares, they'll stop! Oh wait, not going to happen.

As for me, since everyone else is voicing their opinions, the majority of players I haven't liked happened to be Humars, that doesn't mean I don't like all Humars however. I think after lvl 130 any character is decent. At that point they realize they can't suck to play and you have to play as a team. Not all, some just run through, kill everything and get pissed off when the rest of the team dies...

Anyone that just goes off by themselves to collect items sux0rz, if you die, don't expect my reverser or moons -- especially if you stole them all in the first place. There are definately other bad characters, it's tough being a FO on a crappy team, constantly having to keep track of people esp. when they run away, you don't have enough people that take care of the FO. Now, n00bs that play FOs, good lord, let's not even go there.

Mystil
Apr 28, 2003, 11:24 AM
This is another thing I'm tired of.

ANd Chaos =) Don't ever accuse me of 'inviting my HUmar friends' in your game AGAIN -I'm suprized you didn't rip me a new one after that.

I don't have nothing else to say, cause it wont be nice.

Raist
Apr 28, 2003, 11:39 AM
Geeze, I have a HUmar, I must be a total noob who is annoying and sucks at the game...yey for me! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

KodiaX987
Apr 28, 2003, 12:47 PM
Woo-hoo! Yet another thread blown out of fucking proportions!!!

ABDUR101
Apr 28, 2003, 03:06 PM
On 2003-04-28 10:47, KodiaX987 wrote:
Woo-hoo! Yet another thread blown out of fucking proportions!!!

Shut up you Pro-HUmar lamer!

As taken directly from Kodia's character list:

Characters:

Name: KodiaX 987 (Redria)
Class: HUmar
Level: 100
Mag: Varaha (200)

HAH! You are found out. I expect you to be lynched and or stoned by the time my sandwich is made.

*twiddles thumbs*

Cloud17222
Apr 28, 2003, 07:24 PM
I disagree with you so very, very much. I'll say this right now. My best character (on GCN) is a level 70 HUmar named Cloud. "You stole that name from Final Fantasy!" is what I get a lot. No, no I didn't. Before I ever played Final Fantasy 7, my roleplaying character was named Cloud. Now that that's out of the way, I also can't play online at the moment, but if I could I wouldn't item hog or beg or speak in stupid abbreviations like "u" or "lewt" or any retarded crap like that. Why? Because I don't want to. So, before you criticize anyone that's a HUmar, be they dupers/cheaters/newbies/whatever, think and realize the person might actually be legit and/or intelligent? That's all I ask.

Vitamin_D
Apr 29, 2003, 02:09 AM
Wow these generalizations are QUITE funny. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif But hey, like I said, if you don't want to play with me because I use a HUmar...your loss. There are always other players with a more open mind to play with.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vitamin_D on 2003-04-29 09:33 ]</font>

KodiaX987
Apr 29, 2003, 07:13 AM
Actually I'm pro-RAcaseal. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif If you're gonna read my profile, do it the right way, man! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

http://www.raceworx.com/funnypics/buckle%20up%20thread.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KodiaX987 on 2003-04-29 05:20 ]</font>

Uncle_bob
Apr 29, 2003, 04:48 PM
Indeed... *wraps duct tape around his head* Maybe they'll be able to do something with the pieces when my head explodes.

And, add another reason to why I don't want Humars on my team:

They are starting to accuse me of duping/using dupes in order to degrade my reputation (if I even HAVE a reputation :/)

Last night, I made one of my No Humar/BKB teams. Well, NOT to my surprise, a spiky haired humar in a black costume joined. I promptly called him a "fucking noob", resulting in a reply of "?"

Note: I find it funny that all the humars go "?" when I call them a noob when they join my No Humar/BKB teams, or when I deny them S/D, resta, anti, or reverser...

Anyway, about half way through M1, He accused EVERYONE on the team of having atleast one duped item with them. (If you think I dupe, just go ask someone like Phalanx, Mikari, or anyone that doesn't hate me, for that matter.)

*wraps more duct tape around his head*

IceBlink
Apr 29, 2003, 05:21 PM
On 2003-04-27 15:45, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko wrote:
I feel the same way about HUmars. (tsfo-snapple is married to a humar? oops)
It's discrimination and stereotyping, but so what. Eat me :3

What's that supposed to mean? I'm sorry IceBlink wasn't a FOnewn! XD

http://ranko.anifics.com/misc/roses.jpg

Just to prove how pretty HUmars can be. Mine is based on (obviously) ice themed colours, right down to ID and name. ^_^

Incidently, my HUmar uses a mag with 40 POW, and uses Gae Bolg and Charge Vulcans in Seabed Ult. The challenging aspect is avoiding EVERY friggin' hit since it kills you in one hit... XD

Blue147
Apr 29, 2003, 08:03 PM
On 2003-04-27 16:30, Morfos wrote:

Actually Blue147 you are the moron. People like you are why so many people hate HUmars. Because they(you) are asshole(s).

Ok sorry I get pissed off about stupid people.Like you never get pissed off.plz.pffft

ABDUR101
Apr 29, 2003, 10:25 PM
On 2003-04-29 05:13, KodiaX987 wrote:
Actually I'm pro-RAcaseal. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif If you're gonna read my profile, do it the right way, man! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Pffft, stop trying to cover up your HUmar tracks. You use an HUmar, so you must be a LAmer.

Vanango
Apr 30, 2003, 05:41 PM
*skims over posts*

What we need is a Fountain of Intelliegence. Not Youth. There are plenty of young people, but not nearly enough of the smart.

Think, children.

Kid_Icarus
Apr 30, 2003, 06:32 PM
http://www.evafreak.com/images/ruhro.jpg

OH NOES!!!111 I R BAD PERSON

I've only played two classes. HUmar and FOnewearl.

So I guess I only half suck.

ABDUR101
Apr 30, 2003, 06:46 PM
On 2003-04-30 16:32, Kid_Icarus wrote:
So I guess I only half suck

Look, ok, it doesn't work like that. You can't go up to a...err..well nevermind, but the response can never be "I only half suck"...it's not good business, and I don't think it's even possible to half suck.

It's not a maybe, it's not a fraction, it's not a percent.

You suck or you don't! 0_o

...wow..I feel better now. Thank you rant forum, thank you.

Kid_Icarus
Apr 30, 2003, 06:57 PM
On 2003-04-30 16:46, ABDUR101 wrote:

Look, ok, it doesn't work like that. You can't go up to a...err..well nevermind, but the response can never be "I only half suck"...it's not good business, and I don't think it's even possible to half suck.

Okay maybe not a full on suck, maybe more of a blow, with a light touch?
Or perhaps a teasing touch?
You can half suck. It's proven fact. or 1/4th suck.

Armion
Apr 30, 2003, 08:58 PM
Umm, I play as a HUmar, and I'm none of what you said. I don't take rares I don't earn. By earn I mean, take out the enemy by myself. I don't beg for shifta and deband, nor is my shortcut set to that request. I'd rather resta myself than risk another player running out of fluids. I start out with ten difluids, and plenty of mates, not only for myself but for others as well. Nextly, if you have the time to judge looks, then you are basically bored to death. And to judge names, I mean come on. For each Goku HUmar their is a Lora Croft Huneaweral, a Megaman HUcast, a Sephiroth FOmar, and a countless others which I don't have the time to mention. To say that their are too many of us is a crazy accusation becuase you do know that since we have 4 character slots, many of the HUmars you see are probably the RAmarls you just saw. Its crazy to call us Noobs to. A noob is a single character, not an entire race so to speak. Just becuase one HUmar scewed you over, doesn't make us all bad. Don't believe me, ask around. I give away most of my rares and techs mainly becuase I don't like them. I rarely trade becuase I really like the things I have now, and I'd rather just rid myself of the item they want anyway. Think that I'm the only good HUmar? Guess again. I know plenty of HUmars who'd rather give up a 12 unknown rare, than to leave their teammates in a bad situation. Don't judge us all.

KodiaX987
May 1, 2003, 07:23 AM
On 2003-04-29 20:25, ABDUR101 wrote:
Pffft, stop trying to cover up your HUmar tracks. You use an HUmar, so you must be a LAmer.

I have only one fanart of my HUmar. My RAcaseal has three. My RAcaseal is also my main fanfic character and is the most customized one of the whole website. It has also be named by War_Child as "The coolest character ever."

'Nuff said!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

raiden999
May 1, 2003, 12:24 PM
oh no, I have a HUmar that I've used only long enought to create and make a mag... I guess I'll provide the rope then

ophiel
May 1, 2003, 08:41 PM
Ill be honest here.
I dont play PSO online, because I dont havent bothered to get the connection, so I cant exactly relate to most of this conversation. But I do play alot of other games online. - Tribes(1+2), Diablo2, Starcraft, So I CAN relate to the fact that alot of newbs rally around one type of character.

Perfect offline example: (eddy) tekken3.
Perfect on-line example: (barbarian/amazon) D2.

In both of these examples, the characters that theyve chosen to play are the most basic, easiest-to-control characters. People pick eddy because all they have to do is mash buttons. People pick barbs/amazons because their easy to use, right off the bat.

So why do people (newbs) flock around humars?
Well, givin the logic presented above, humars are the easiest characters to use. - At least according to the PSO staff.

The PSO manual states that humars are characters for beginners, rangers are for intermediate players, and forces are for the more advanced characters. - Then, during the character selection process, it states that humars are the most balanced members of the class. - So in that respect, you could infer that humars are the easiest characters to play.

This logic would lead newbs to play them first.
Now. Taking what I know of Newb Lore, I know that they dont have much patience. (ie: most newbs dupe/cheat/etc.) So, if theyve spent any time at all working their humar up, they probably dont have the tolerance to build ANOTHER NEW character up from scratch. - Therefore, The humar population steadily gets bigger and bigger, because none of them have the skill/patience to make new characters.

*note*
Please note that I am not bashing the humar class. Only making inferences as to why "newbs" would want to play as them. I know, from my experiances, that about 90% of the people ive invited over to play PSO with, have made humar characters. Which reinforces my theory that humar is the newb class. - I dont mean to suggest however, that all humars are newbs. Thank you for reading.

nathan
ophiel.
lv. 66 fomar.
[mars army]
-lafayette division leader-
[echelon]

VolOpt2003
May 3, 2003, 02:40 AM
im 14 and i use a HUmar , RAcast , and Hunewearl and i dont do what is on your list!!!! im not a rare whore !!! offline multiplayer i m always givivng raers to my friends and my brother!!!and i dont depend on shifta & deband either. so dont think all HUmars are like that!!!!

Uncle_bob
May 3, 2003, 09:41 AM
*sigh* Before anyone makes any more replies... Please please FUCKING READ MY FIRST POST CAREFULLY! I NEVER said ALL humars are dupers, item whores, cheaters, noobs, etc...

VolOpt2003
May 3, 2003, 09:56 AM
oh sorry http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Axispoint
May 3, 2003, 10:31 AM
lol...for one thing, maybe if you didn't name your games "no humars" you'd draw less attention from them, don't ya' think? and if it's such a problem, you can put passwords on your games, otherwise it's a public game. you can't choose who comes in your games, weither you think you can or not.

and while you're at it, name a game "legits only" and see how many dupers end up in the game...

*edited 'cos I didn't like my old post*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Axispoint on 2003-05-03 08:47 ]</font>

Vanango
May 3, 2003, 02:38 PM
On 2003-04-30 16:57, Kid_Icarus wrote:

On 2003-04-30 16:46, ABDUR101 wrote:

Okay maybe not a full on suck, maybe more of a blow, with a light touch?
Or perhaps a teasing touch?
You can half suck. It's proven fact. or 1/4th suck.

I know this is realy getting off the topic.. but Look at President Bush, he proves to be a suck and a half... so I think factional suckage is allowable.

*** removed the blatently American ethnocentricity...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vanango on 2003-05-03 12:44 ]</font>

Raist
May 5, 2003, 08:35 AM
The only thing your doing by putting "No HUmars" in your game title is inviting all the jack ass HUmars in and keeping out all the nice HUmars who would respect your wishes. You're opinion on HUmars is just going to get worse as your only going to meet the jerks.

Uncle_bob
May 25, 2003, 10:01 AM
Mkay... Now you Humars have started verbal attacks in the lobbies, ok I'm fine with that, more areas for me to piss you scumbags off in http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

As of 5/20/03, EVERY Humar is my enemy. If you use a Humar, I hope you DIE.

Ness
May 25, 2003, 10:48 AM
On 2003-05-25 08:01, Uncle_bob wrote:
Mkay... Now you Humars have started verbal attacks in the lobbies, ok I'm fine with that, more areas for me to piss you scumbags off in http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Oh well thanks alot.

IceBlink
May 25, 2003, 01:59 PM

Thanks! I hope all arrogant xenophobic people like you die too! ^_^

ChibiMyu
May 25, 2003, 03:55 PM

Well, I already die about 50 times a night on average... sometimes more. Last night I played about 10 BA games. You get 10 lives a game, and assuming I used about nine of them every game, that's 90 deaths right there. Is that enough? If not, I'm sure I could try to bring my average up a little over the summer. l:

Mystil
May 25, 2003, 04:13 PM

Funny how I had dislike FOmars as much you dislike HUmars...but when I thought about it.. It's kinda silly. Considering like three FOmars out all of them have pissed me off. While others were really nice.

You don't think this is silly? By the way, the reason why you encounter so many rude HUmars, as Ive observed is because you blatantly throw stereotypical remarks at some.

While it's true that the Class lacks in areas that is rather inconvient for those who just like to lean on being able to cast SD on themselvs- you gotta give credit to those that use them and take such a serious verbal beating from most of the so called 'hardcore' players of PSO.

And the added fact that, HUmar is NOT the easiest class as everyone thinks. Come on, Lv15 restrictions? No SD? Low MST for Lv15 JZ to be even helpful to them?

This gonna make ya mad, but I've had nicer times in team games full of HUmars who appreciate my support. Unlike the many jackasses I've met that make my time rather miserable by acting foolish, going with all the 'noob' remakes.

This and that that and that. Hell half of the games DC vet population ashames me with thier poor sportsmenship. Rant about HUmars all you want. It's gotten pretty old now. We get your point. Don't play with HUmars. It's not that hard to do.

Seeya.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-05-25 14:16 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-05-25 14:24 ]</font>

Ness
May 25, 2003, 04:47 PM
On 2003-05-25 14:13, Silhouette wrote:
Funny how I had dislike FOmars as much you dislike HUmars...but when I thought about it.. It's kinda silly. Considering like three FOmars out all of them have pissed me off. While others were really nice.

I agree. I can see someone not liking a certain character class, but to hate the person playing that character just because they use that class is stupid.

You don't think this is silly? By the way, the reason why you encounter so many rude HUmars, as Ive observed is because you blatantly throw stereotypical remarks at some.

I agree. If you treat all HUmars that way then it's no wonder they are so rude to you.

While it's true that the Class lacks in areas that is rather inconvient for those who just like to lean on being able to cast SD on themselvs- you gotta give credit to those that use them and take such a serious verbal beating from most of the so called 'hardcore' players of PSO.

I agree. Besides, what does the character class have to do with being "hardcore" or not. I've been playing since DC version 1 and I still use a Humar. Why? Because I think they are the coolest class. Even without shifta and deband, HUmars can deal and take a fair amount of damage.

And the added fact that, HUmar is NOT the easiest class as everyone thinks. Come on, Lv15 restrictions? No SD? Low MST for Lv15 JZ to be even helpful to them?

I agree. People only think its an "easy" class because alot of newbies pick that class. I say rangers are the easiest group and also the most boring, but you don't see people using them.

This gonna make ya mad, but I've had nicer times in team games full of HUmars who appreciate my support. Unlike the many jackasses I've met that make my time rather miserable by acting foolish, going with all the 'noob' remakes.

I agree on this as well. I'd rather be in a game full of "Red box whoring" HUmars that are really nice people than a bunch of anti-class people who hate people just because of the characters they choose to play as.

This and that that and that. Hell half of the games DC vet population ashames me with thier poor sportsmenship. Rant about HUmars all you want. It's gotten pretty old now. We get your point. Don't play with HUmars. It's not that hard to do.

I agree. If you have a HUmar in your game then just leave.

LordCronai
May 25, 2003, 07:29 PM
I'm a duping, BKB-wielding HUmar and I'm damn proud of it ^_^. However, I can say that I dun typ lik dis n use LMAO!1!1, I don't whore red boxes, and I'm not an asshole to my team FOs. I agree with you though that people shouldn't complain about your team restrictions-they should just live with them.

Sham
May 25, 2003, 08:33 PM
Funny how I had dislike FOmars as much you dislike HUmars...but when I thought about it.. It's kinda silly.
So, all those times you told my FOmar, Sham, how much you loved him; it was all a lie!? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

By the way, the reason why you encounter so many rude HUmars, as Ive observed is because you blatantly throw stereotypical remarks at some.
From what I know, CHAOS insults HUmars whilst using stereotypes only when they directly disobey his wishes, and enter his "NO HUMAR" games. While I don't agree with the point of ostracizing one character, I can respect his wishes, and see no reason why anyone else can't.

I agree. If you have a HUmar in your game then just leave.
Meaning.. it'd be necessary to exit his own created games, everytime some ass ignored his team name? (Honest question.)

Uncle_bob
May 26, 2003, 07:45 AM
Heh, Thank you Sham! I never throw insults at Humars unless they've insulted ME first. *Sigh* I've said this SO many times, but none of you will really understand why I hate Humars unless you've used a Fomarl on V1, V2, and GC, and had to deal with them wanting S/D, Resta, J/Z, Reverser. Or seeing them flatten a whole fucking mountain range with a S-Rank needle (Thank god they can't use any form of the cheeseneedle anymore...). So before ANY of YOU (Especially those of you who don't even fucking KNOW ME) accuse ME of over reacting to the current situation, go play a legit FOMARL (No, not Fonewm, or Fonewearl) or possibly even a FOMAR and get to level 140, and come back here and tell me I am over reacting to the situation... Come back here and tell me why I should not be mad at Humars.
My actions are justified, thank you for your time.
-CHAOS

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Uncle_bob on 2003-05-26 05:47 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Uncle_bob on 2003-05-26 05:50 ]</font>

Uncle_bob
May 26, 2003, 07:47 AM
Woot, posting problems... And another thing, Humars, instead of joining my teams and harassing me, go make your own fucking team. Stop wasing my time

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Uncle_bob on 2003-05-26 05:49 ]</font>

Ness
May 26, 2003, 12:49 PM
Meaning.. it'd be necessary to exit his own created games, everytime some ass ignored his team name? (Honest question.)
I'm just saying that it would be alot easier for him to leave than to force someone else to.

On 2003-05-26 05:45, Uncle_bob wrote:
Heh, Thank you Sham! I never throw insults at Humars unless they've insulted ME first.

So someone provoked you into telling us all to die?

*Sigh* I've said this SO many times, but none of you will really understand why I hate Humars unless you've used a Fomarl on V1, V2, and GC, and had to deal with them wanting S/D, Resta, J/Z, Reverser.

I've been playing since DC version 1 and everytime I entered a game with a force, they automatically gave me resta, shifta, and deband.

seeing them flatten a whole fucking mountain range with a S-Rank needle (Thank god they can't use any form of the cheeseneedle anymore...).
Why do you hate HUmars for using spreadneedles? Everyone used spread needles back then!

So before ANY of YOU (Especially those of you who don't even fucking KNOW ME) accuse ME of over reacting to the current situation, go play a legit FOMARL (No, not Fonewm, or Fonewearl) or possibly even a FOMAR and get to level 140, and come back here and tell me I am over reacting to the situation... Come back here and tell me why I should not be mad at Humars.
-CHAOS

What does playing a FOmarl have to do with it? I've played several other characters on PSO and I still don't get why you hate HUmars. I play with HUmars and I enjoy it. They provide you cover wheen you are overwhelmed by monsters.

[/quote]

Uncle_bob
May 26, 2003, 01:15 PM
On 2003-05-26 05:45, Uncle_bob wrote:
Heh, Thank you Sham! I never throw insults at Humars unless they've insulted ME first.

So someone provoked you into telling us all to die?

*Sigh* I've said this SO many times, but none of you will really understand why I hate Humars unless you've used a Fomarl on V1, V2, and GC, and had to deal with them wanting S/D, Resta, J/Z, Reverser.

I've been playing since DC version 1 and everytime I entered a game with a force, they automatically gave me resta, shifta, and deband.

seeing them flatten a whole fucking mountain range with a S-Rank needle (Thank god they can't use any form of the cheeseneedle anymore...).
Why do you hate HUmars for using spreadneedles? Everyone used spread needles back then!

So before ANY of YOU (Especially those of you who don't even fucking KNOW ME) accuse ME of over reacting to the current situation, go play a legit FOMARL (No, not Fonewm, or Fonewearl) or possibly even a FOMAR and get to level 140, and come back here and tell me I am over reacting to the situation... Come back here and tell me why I should not be mad at Humars.
-CHAOS

What does playing a FOmarl have to do with it? I've played several other characters on PSO and I still don't get why you hate HUmars. I play with HUmars and I enjoy it. They provide you cover wheen you are overwhelmed by monsters.

[/quote]

[/quote]

1.) Yes, I have been provoked by humars to the point where I want you to die. The fact that I want you ALL to die isn't right, but that's just the way I feel now.

2.) What's your point here? Seems kinda fuzzy to me. :/

3.) Because, a Humar with a spread needle = Most over powered character in the game. (don't tell me that a Hucast would be the most over powered, they don't have access to techs...)

4.) Being a Fomarl has A LOT to do with it. We get NO tech boosts (Don't give me that Grants bullshit, it doesn't count), horrible ata, horrible evp, and horrible MST. Only thing we have is good DFP and HP, and OK ATP. The support tech ranges are fine, but I rarely have to recast s/d..
This means that we:
1. Do crap for damage with techs in most situations
2. Can't melee THAT well because ST decided to give Fonewearl the most ATA of the Fo's (Like she really needs that ATA :/)
3. Since melee and doing damage with techs is almost out of the question, we COULD try guns. But wait! Oops! Another goof by Sonic Team, Fonewearl still has the most ATA of the Fo's.
4. Our only option is... Support, and whacking some boomas in the head with a weapon for 450 damage at the most... wow. A life of S/D'ing, resta, and clubbing stuff in the head for crap damage sure sounds like fun!

Other forces don't have this problem, Fomars can make it through the game just fine with hit% vulcans, and their Gi tech boost
Fonewms just nuke everything.
Fonewearls do like 500+ per hit with their simple techs.
(Note- I'm not flaming other fo's, just pointing out why they can't be compared to a Fomarl.)

Sham
May 26, 2003, 01:41 PM
I'm just saying that it would be alot easier for him to leave than to force someone else to.

I hope you don't honestly believe that. It's not easy to leave your own game, in less than five minutes of it's creation, everytime, just because some dickhead decided to give more proof to the stereotypes.

Wow, uh, then make sure you send me a copy of your Guild Card file with all of those peoples' cards contained it. Because currently, about 1 out of 10 forces on PSO will be conscientious enough to execute their unwritten supporting job. And I can say that, even though I have a FOmar who's primary objective on PSO is to support.

Ness
May 26, 2003, 04:14 PM
On 2003-05-26 11:15, Uncle_bob wrote:

1.) Yes, I have been provoked by humars to the point where I want you to die. The fact that I want you ALL to die isn't right, but that's just the way I feel now.

It still isn't justified that you want us all to die. By what you have said I can assume that they "provoke" you into insulting them by joining your games. I'll be the first to say that saying "Hey dumbass, leave my fucking game" is not a good way to make people leave. I've had more people leave games when they are asked nicely then when they are insulted.

2.) What's your point here? Seems kinda fuzzy to me. :/

The point is that in all my PSO career, I've never met a Force that didn't automatically give me shifta and deband. In others words, I've never had to ask for it!

3.) Because, a Humar with a spread needle = Most over powered character in the game. (don't tell me that a Hucast would be the most over powered, they don't have access to techs...)

Unless there is some type of hack that's out now, I don't think techniques have anything to do with a spread needle. The damage a spread needle does is determined by ATP not MST. And that being true, HUcast are the worst with spread needles. Besides a FOmar with shifta and deband is alot stronger than a HUmar.

This means that we:
1. Do crap for damage with techs in most situations
2. Can't melee THAT well because ST decided to give Fonewearl the most ATA of the Fo's (Like she really needs that ATA :/)
3. Since melee and doing damage with techs is almost out of the question, we COULD try guns. But wait! Oops! Another goof by Sonic Team, Fonewearl still has the most ATA of the Fo's.
4. Our only option is... Support, and whacking some boomas in the head with a weapon for 450 damage at the most... wow. A life of S/D'ing, resta, and clubbing stuff in the head for crap damage sure sounds like fun!

1. What are you talking about? I've seen FOmarls lay the ownage down like no other in Hard and Very Hard modes.

2. Well forces weren't made to melee anyway.

3. So because Fonewaerl has the most ATA, you can't use any type of gun at all? I think not. I had a FOmarl on GC PSO and a Mind Railgun and she used it just fine.

4. For one thing, you make it sound like 450 damage is a small number. I was a level 91 HUmar with a mag power of 94 and an ATP of 1000 something I was laying down only 330 points of damage per hit. And this was on Ultimate mode in the forest! (This was on GC PSO; I play Xbox now).

Getintothegame
May 26, 2003, 04:23 PM
Like ness said in another topic:
This thread has gone to hell.

The only thing that bugs me about HUmars is that they ALWAYS USE BKB OR MKB.
My god, they get so annoying using them, and plus, they can also help by using other stuff.

Another thing is that they all are item hogs.
NOW THAT I AM SERIUS ABOUT.

'Hey HUmar, put down that BKB and cast some Zalure/Jellen!'

Ness
May 26, 2003, 04:49 PM
On 2003-05-26 14:23, Getintothegame wrote:
Like ness said in another topic:
This thread has gone to hell.

I wouldn't say this has gone to hell, but arguing back and forth isn't getting us anywhere (but it sure is fun).

hououtate
May 27, 2003, 09:32 AM
Only met one good HUmar, and he was still anoying. since my main character is a force, if someone whines at me for not healing them (sorry i had to get fluids becuase you take all that drop)i dont heal them or res them. then they called me a noob, curse at me, threaten me with corruption (wait, whos the noob...)

side note: only person that i have met that is a good player BUY has an final fantasy name. he was a FOmar and name was Sephiroth awesome guy.

Uncle_bob
May 27, 2003, 05:36 PM
To Ness:

1. I ask them (humars) nicely to leave/not join my team WAY ahead of time *Points at the team name*. If they don't respect my wishes and join my team anyway, I won't ask nicely again, I'm going to flame them the whole damn team if I want to.

2. Damn, in your whole time playing PSO, you've never met a Fo that didn't cast S/D? Damn! I want to know where you play at.

3. I never said that techs make cheese needle stronger, I was just pointing out that a Humar with a hacked needle (probably even a legit needle...) on v1/v2 was just about invicible because they had Shifta, Deband, Resta, Jellen, Zalure, and Anti. Hucasts can't use techs, thus were not as effective with the cheese needle.

4. A. *Cough* Hard and Very Hard modes? Mkay... I'm talking about ULTIMATE!

B. And Fomarls weren't meant to be Rafoie happy tech users that do 500+ damage per hit with it. So what are we supposed to do? Yuji Naka was being such a Hunewearl fan boy, he forgot to make any adjustments to Fomarl's stats. (They're nearly identical to V2)

C. I never said that we can't use any gun types, I'm just annoyed that Fonewearls got the ATA advantage. They don't even ATTACK with weapons! Why did they get the better ATA? You HAD a Fomarl... If you had gotten into Ultimate (Or even V-Hard) you would know that Fomarls suck with handguns, even if you have more than 240 ata with one. They shoot them so damn slow, by the time she can get a 2nd shot off, a booma from half way across the room has smacked her down on her ass.

D. 450 is a small number considering that Humars do upwards of 500 damage with their BKB, and keep in mind that a BKB hits 6 (?) times. So, 6 x 500 = 3,000 damage per combo. (Even without shifta they do that much damage), and other forces (Except maybe Fomar) do upwards of 500 damage as well.

Mystil
May 28, 2003, 05:31 PM
From what I know, CHAOS insults HUmars whilst using stereotypes only when they directly disobey his wishes, and enter his "NO HUMAR" games. While I don't agree with the point of ostracizing one character, I can respect his wishes, and see no reason why anyone else can't.

Wrong. And I don't.

I'm just annoyed that Fonewearls got the ATA advantage.
Nope. My FOnes ATA sucks, even at lv123. Using mechs is suicide for we don't have 600+ max ATP like you FOmarls. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif No ATA>>No decent ATP= Dead.

2. Damn, in your whole time playing PSO, you've never met a Fo that didn't cast S/D? Damn! I want to know where you play at.

Try going to vega.

Just waiting for you to bore yourself with all that HUmar pointless hate. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

So before ANY of YOU (Especially those of you who don't even fucking KNOW ME) accuse ME of over reacting to the current situation, go play a legit FOMARL (No, not Fonewm, or Fonewearl) or possibly even a FOMAR and get to level 140, and come back here and tell me I am over reacting to the situation...
Pfft. This is so funny. Chaos, there's no difference with any other FO. I encountered that same HUmar BS you keep going on about. Never said you were overating, but it's getting really drown out and silly. Guess when Alexander comes back(if ever) you'll hate his HUmarness to no end huh?

Life of FO in PSO is a harsh one yes yes. But even WORST for a non FO. You should expect this now, and be able to coup with it. But what do I know? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I'm done talking to a wall and this topic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-05-28 15:49 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-05-28 15:56 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
May 30, 2003, 06:56 PM
Hmmm... Thanks, guys. I've now decided that if it becomes possible for me to get online, I'll do it only to finally do something with all these Photon Drops, and play Seat of the Heart so I can properly hate Elly and find myself a Del Lily to slaughter. I promise I won't join any games, ever, and if I screw up and do I will leave my oh-so-cheesy and -obviously- duped Red Partisan with no %s in the bank and I'll just use this Gush Gungnir instead. Oh wait, that's technically a rare, it's 9 stars and in yellow text, that must also be duped. @_@; You want people who can't play? How about a meleeing Grants-happy FOmarl who won't use -Resta-, let alone S&D, like my boyfriend's brother. It's sad when a HUmar has to be the Force because the Force is an asshat. I hog fluids when I play with them, yes, if I can get to any. A worthless FOmarl and a HUcaseal that expect me to do nothing but heal them and dive on every box that drops? And then bitch because they have to heal themselves when I run out of TP and fluids because they won't let me have any, and refuse to go back to P2? Sorry, but who's been keeping up the J&Z? Who does Resta, even when my own character doesn't need it? Me, that stupid n00b HUmar. I blew their minds playing my FOmar with them. Whoa! Hey! S&D! J&Z! Resta! Anti! Actual support! I know what I'm doing, and I know how to make myself useful in a team. Pity it sounds like nobody would ever give me a chance. I'd rather not be "Abused and neglected for using dupes" as Snappuru once put it. So. If you someday see a HUmar named Ian-Kun X with a dark brown ponytail wearing dark grey with red... Just leave him alone, Ok? He's just trying to have a good time. He isn't using or spreading dupes, being an asshat or a clueless newbie. Although if for some reason you actually wanted to play with him, he'd welcome it. Maybe. He might be too terrified of being treated like worthless garbage to ever get online in the first place.
I need to make a HUnewearl, I guess, even though I find them ugly and consider them to be FOmar Lite. Meh... *slinks off*

TheDarkRaven
May 30, 2003, 08:31 PM
My first and only character is a HUmar. Yes, you may now throw DB Sabers at me to express your hate. Anyway, has anyone ever gotten into a fight with a person while playing the game? Of course, but what i find funny is that most of the people that insult me and cause fights..are HUmars. There are a lot of loser HUmars out there, trust me. And i think its time we stop yellin at eachother and start beatin the bajeezuz outta the bad HUs. (im a good HUmar, ok? I dont use BKB and i cast J/Z on a regular basis and i NEVER EVER EVER make fun of people) I think that this topic is a wakeup call to all of us, a call to stop idiotic spread of the HUstoopid virus. Dont instigate fights, when someone calls you a "NOOB" or a "HOBO" just tear 'em a new hole, okay? ooo...someone just threw a club of laconium at me! THANK YOU!

Olorin
Jun 5, 2003, 07:09 PM
Hey, remember me? Like I said earlier nothing I can say will change your mind, but I'll put my two cents in.

That is true, there are a lot of them. But that's not really a reason to hate them.
Well you are a Force, that is kind of your job. But you shouldn't be helping them any more than anyone else. Plus its your choice to help them or not. If they ask for Resta once when they really need it thats okay, but if they ask for it every second just go "screw you" and go on.
3. They're ugly.
That's your opinion, other people don't think so.
That is true, but there are a lot of characters that use dupes. And there are a lot of HUmars that wouldn't touch a dupe if their life depended on it.
Once again that is true, but there are other characters that do that and there are HUmars that don't.
6. They're ugly.
That's your opinion, other people don't think so.
Well if they don't have a keyboard you can't expect them or anyone else to type perfectly. And as for the ones you do type like that, they are idiots. But once again not all of them do.
8. They're ugly.
Do I need to say this again?

Exactly right. NOT ALL OF THEM ARE, but many of them are. And there are a lot of other characters that are just as bad or worse. So you shouldn't instantly hate all of them, just because half of them are idiots. At least give them a chance. When a HUmar joins a game and you great them with "fucking noob", what do you expect?

You also have to remember, when you make those games you are just attracting the idiots. They will see that, get mad and go there to annoy you. So you are BOTH creating the very problem you are trying to prevent. You will also make some of the good HUmars mad and they will hate you also. So why not just play like a normal person? Just don't go into games that only have HUmars, or have low level HUmars with names from Final Fantasy. And if a HUmar gets annoying, ignore it or just leave the game.

Look, My HUmar is level 127, with almost 300 hours. My MAG is level 200, I raised it myself. I do have good Rare weapons, but to my knowledge they are not duped. I'm not a super anti-duper, but I don't dupe, don't trade for dupes, and don't take items I know are duped. My most desired weapons are custom S-Ranks, which I am working on getting now. And when I started PSO, I didn't just say "Oh cool he looks so freakin tight I'm going to use him", I actually came here, compared all the characters and their stats, and then made my choice. And as far as the name thing, they have just as much a right to name their characters Link and Sephiroth (even if it is annoying) as you do to make those No HUmar games. As for me I thought about the name before I started to, and picked a name a liked (from The Lord of the Rings, but not Gandalf/Aragorn/Legolas), and made it where I would get and ID that would be good for me.

If you want to make those games that's fine, its not against the law, you can do it. But I am just trying to convence you (not that it will happen) that not all of them are bad, there are many really good HUmars. So if a HUmar comes in your No HUmar games then that is kind of rude, but you should at least give them a chance before you assume they are idiots.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Olorin on 2003-06-05 17:15 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Olorin on 2003-06-05 17:37 ]</font>

Uncle_bob
Jun 6, 2003, 01:40 PM
On 2003-06-05 17:09, Olorin wrote:

Exactly right. NOT ALL OF THEM ARE, but many of them are. And there are a lot of other characters that are just as bad or worse. So you shouldn't instantly hate all of them, just because half of them are idiots. At least give them a chance. When a HUmar joins a game and you great them with "fucking noob", what do you expect?

You also have to remember, when you make those games you are just attracting the idiots. They will see that, get mad and go there to annoy you. So you are BOTH creating the very problem you are trying to prevent. You will also make some of the good HUmars mad and they will hate you also. So why not just play like a normal person? Just don't go into games that only have HUmars, or have low level HUmars with names from Final Fantasy. And if a HUmar gets annoying, ignore it or just leave the game.

Look, My HUmar is level 127, with almost 300 hours. My MAG is level 200, I raised it myself. I do have good Rare weapons, but to my knowledge they are not duped. I'm not a super anti-duper, but I don't dupe, don't trade for dupes, and don't take items I know are duped. My most desired weapons are custom S-Ranks, which I am working on getting now. And when I started PSO, I didn't just say "Oh cool he looks so freakin tight I'm going to use him", I actually came here, compared all the characters and their stats, and then made my choice. And as far as the name thing, they have just as much a right to name their characters Link and Sephiroth (even if it is annoying) as you do to make those No HUmar games. As for me I thought about the name before I started to, and picked a name a liked (from The Lord of the Rings, but not Gandalf/Aragorn/Legolas), and made it where I would get and ID that would be good for me.

If you want to make those games that's fine, its not against the law, you can do it. But I am just trying to convence you (not that it will happen) that not all of them are bad, there are many really good HUmars. So if a HUmar comes in your No HUmar games then that is kind of rude, but you should at least give them a chance before you assume they are idiots.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Olorin on 2003-06-05 17:15 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Olorin on 2003-06-05 17:37 ]</font>

1. I retract my statement: "Now, before I get started, I'm not saying ALL HUmars are n00bs, asses, dupers, cheaters, etc., but MOST are."
Due to the actions of you humars, I am making the assumption that all of you are the same. I gave them many chances. MANY MANY chances... But after 2 versions of PSO, and I got to level 140 with my Fomarl, I gave up on them. I hate them all. And if they join my team, they should not be surprised when I call them a "fucking noob".

2. Ugh... I don't feel like saying anything here.

3. Heh, I don't care why you made a Humar. You use one, and you joined my team as one, thus I hate you.

4. I don't care if a level 80 humar using a Saber +1 joins, I said NO HUMAR. If they're that fucking stupid to join anyway, my insulting them and flaming them is justified.

Jesus...it's pathetic that I can't make a team that says "No Humar/BKB" without the whole fokking PSO community spazing out about it.

http://s2.cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.asp?board=32498&topic=8377154

and

http://s2.cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.asp?board=32498&topic=8347429

Cloud17222
Jun 6, 2003, 07:36 PM
Ok, so they're "stupid" to join a game? Even if it says no HUmars, who cares. Why should they respect your wishes, you don't respect theirs. Also, you say your flaming and berating them is justified? Oh yes... that makes sense. Just because you're somehow mentally insufficient hating HUmars and join their game. That's reeeeeaaaal justified.

Ness
Jun 6, 2003, 08:08 PM
On 2003-06-06 17:36, Cloud17222 wrote:
Ok, so they're "stupid" to join a game? Even if it says no HUmars, who cares. Why should they respect your wishes, you don't respect theirs. Also, you say your flaming and berating them is justified? Oh yes... that makes sense. Just because you're somehow mentally insufficient hating HUmars and join their game. That's reeeeeaaaal justified.

Amen! You took all of our feelings and delivered it to him in a nice, concise package.

Tunuva
Jun 6, 2003, 08:53 PM
Here's what I think:
1.The only reason Humars are hated is there are so many of them.
2.If the first thing on the create a character list was a Ramar everyone would be a Ramar and people would hate Ramars.
Thank you
And yes, I do have a Humar, but I raised him to Lv 101 and I did not copy any TV show name.

geewj
Jun 6, 2003, 10:35 PM
On 2003-06-06 17:36, Cloud17222 wrote:
Ok, so they're "stupid" to join a game? Even if it says no HUmars, who cares.

err..I would guess that the creator of the game cares. Respecting other people's wishes is what is known as common courtesy. Altho his hate for HUmars isnt completly justified, it's one he is allowed to have.

Why should they respect your wishes, you don't respect theirs. Also, you say your flaming and berating them is justified? Oh yes... that makes sense. Just because you're somehow mentally insufficient hating HUmars and join their game. That's reeeeeaaaal justified.

He's not going out looking for HUmars to badmouth. He made his game, ask for no HUmars to join, and they still did. He never denies them anything they are entitled to, but they do that to him. Who is the one with the lack of respect?

Thats my take on it anyway....

velvetglamor
Jun 6, 2003, 11:33 PM
Ciao...
Ok, so yes I am completely new at PSO compared to a lot of the people that I have seen on this board and I am one of those losers who can't get online. If I ever can save up enough money after paying off everything else I will be signing my happy self up. Ahhh, the joys of having a life.
My very first character was a FOnewm and that was on the DC. I remember my friend telling me that FOs were worthless and that I should go with a HU. I wouldn't have anything else now. I find that ironic because now when we play together he wants me to constantly heal him. (nevermind the mates he has) He is a HUmar and is constantly talking about how wonderful his character is compared to my FOnewm. (because we all know that FOs are weak)
Point being, it's not the class that determines how the character is. It's the person playing the character. I'm sure there are plenty of HUmars out there who are really awesome people and they have kickass characters, but when people like my friend calls me 'backup' it aggravates the hell out of me. I am perfectly capable of holding my own in a room full of enimies. If my TP runs out I can beat stuff if I need to, which I sometimes enjoy becuase it gives me variation.
I admit, I'm a FO addict. I swear, they need some kind of rehab for it. I couldn't live without my nice comfy MST. I really do admire some HUmars because I know I couldn't manage being one.
If I ever do make it online I will probably avoid anyone who uses weird lingo because I just won't understand any of it. I swear, I need someone to give me a crash course in it. I feel like such the little outsider dork. Go me.
But all in all I think what I'm trying to say is don't let the game make you. You make the game. If you don't like someone you're playing with then the logical thing would be to not play with them. If you hate that your class is sterotyped then make sure you prove the people that are doing the sterotyping wrong. Just show some dignity. It's better just to smile and nod at people who are hating on you (haha, don't you just LOVE the word 'hating'?) because it makes them aggravated while also adding the bonus that they look like the ass. Not you. As some drunk guy in serious denial once told me "Don't wrestle with the pig. You get dirty and the pig enjoys it."
Oi...I'll shut up now.

-Alex

Shadow2290
Jun 9, 2003, 08:37 PM
Jeesh, I actually hunted down my email adress that came with my powerlink to say this:

I actually feel the more prefered character for duping is HUcast... I don't know why but all the people I know that are public dupers are HUcasts and I myself am a HUcast but my other character is HUmar which is the one I use all the dupes and hacks I get on, but I don't act like a jackass or anything like that, heck the minute I find a cool-headed character I immediatly put him on my guild cards. Long live voice-communication, I don't have to put up with in the world I live in garden variety lamers.

long live HUcasts and their neutrality in this issue

Vyon-Eht-Nioj
Jun 9, 2003, 09:50 PM
I really can't blame the guy for hating HUmars. Most of them are truly idiots that can't type, are annoying and ALWAYS need saving. "SD PLZ" every five seconds...

bordering
Jun 10, 2003, 04:57 AM
look, topic creator, if you don't want to play with idiots, play in locked games with freinds. if you make an open game with a title like that, you're practically begging for people to come in and start arguing with you.

this HUmar hate is so, passe in my opinion. my HUmar was the second char i ever made, and i made him primarily to avoid getting hit on with my (now dead) RAmarl.

anyone who has ever played with me knows that i am in no way shape or form a n00b or newb. but most of the people who play with me are also HUmar haters, who make an exception for my HUmar. heh, "yours is ok because you use the mohawk" is something i've been told before (and i don't think the person was joking. heh).

the funny thing is that long time ago on a Ragol far away, while i still was newbish enough to play on vega, i used to end up playing the support role with my HUmar. running around restaing ppl, and j/zing my ass off. i wasn't uncommon that ppl would tell me i was better than a FO. (this actually prompted me to make my (sigh... now dead) FOmarl.)

now, i HATE grabby jerks as much as the next person. i never pick up a red box when i'm in a game w/ my freinds, because we aren't a pack of rabid materialistic animals only concerned about the next rare. we play more like jps. but, in open games, i've never seen ANYONE just stand there when a red box drops. ALL classes of chars run after it at full speed, not just HUmars in my experience.

racism and sterotyping is just... stupid. if you want to play in unlocked games, then don't discriminate against someone BEFORE they join your party. if they turn out to be an idiot after they join, then, by all means, berate them mercilessly until they leave. otherwise, you're just as bad as those clueless kids who pick HUmars to somehow "fit in". you're hating on HUmars to be punk rock, it's the COOL thing to do, hate on HUmars. in my opinion, that's the same sheep mentality and it's just as lame as having a dupey HUmar.

Solstis
Jun 11, 2003, 02:56 PM
Well, if we are ranting on idiot classes, I've seen quite a few idiotic forces. My HUmar (gasp), actually spends a lot of time healing people and casting anti because of Forces not "doing their jobs." Sure, HUmars do get killed quite often, but don't forces too? Seriously, I do understand that HUmars are ugly (uh, yeah...), they can't type (I'm struggling right now), and die too easily (don't forces too?). Of course, since i picked a HUmar (My first char was a FOnewm) I am a newbie idiot. Yeah. Right. YUO"ER GHEY!!!!

Solstis
Jun 11, 2003, 02:58 PM
Sorry about the flame, but ya had it coming (and coming, after like 100 posts on the topic). I do apologize, I am a HUmar after all.