PDA

View Full Version : Math homework makes me want to take my life.

Aurra
Apr 27, 2003, 11:43 PM
Well, not literally... but it is pretty crappy. I mean, come on... when is "standard deviation" ever gonna come in handy? What, in case I get crash landed on Statistics Island? Damn, I'd better get studying!!

Another thing. I hate it when you do the homework, but the whole rest of the lamers in your class didn't, so the teacher gives you an extra day to get it in. I sacrificed my precious time to do your damn math assignemnt full of standard deviation and other bogus math crap, and just because everyone else is a lazy screw up, it was all for nothing?!??

Also! What's all this a, b, and c garbage? Listen Designers of my Homework, if you want me to do more problems, just say so. It would be a ton better than adding b, c, d, e, and f to every problem. This way I've got like 10 problems that take around 20 minutes each instead of having 20 problems that could take 5 minutes each.

As you can see, my current math homework has gotten the best of me. Ehh, please forgive the angriness of this post, but after my hour and a half of battle with standard deviation, I'm only on number eight. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

geewj
Apr 28, 2003, 12:21 AM
So you're walking down the street and a guy hands you a piece of paper with a standard deviation on it, puts a gun to your head, and tells you to calculate it or die.

Then you'll be real glad you did your homework.

[Edit: Grammar is fun]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Prof_Frink on 2003-04-27 22:23 ]</font>

Orange_Coconut
Apr 28, 2003, 12:31 AM
I actually think there was a song entitled "Math Sucks" http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Aurra
Apr 28, 2003, 01:12 AM
On 2003-04-27 22:21, Prof_Frink wrote:
So you're walking down the street and a guy hands you a piece of paper with a standard deviation on it, puts a gun to your head, and tells you to calculate it or die.

I wouldn't want to live in a world with someone so obsessed with standard deviation that they'd kill me over it anyway. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

geewj
Apr 28, 2003, 01:18 AM
*puts gun and paper away*

.....>_>

m...me either

Stricker
Apr 28, 2003, 08:44 AM
On 2003-04-27 22:21, Prof_Frink wrote:

[Edit: Grammar is fun]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Prof_Frink on 2003-04-27 22:23 ]</font>

I'll the gun off his hands and suicide myself. That way I don't need to get frustrated trying to do the problem. Cause I will die anyway. I suck in calculus class.

KodiaX987
Apr 28, 2003, 09:47 AM
If you can answer this, present this to your math teacher and ask to skip the class:

A cart travels a distance of (T^2+5)^3 meters. What is its acceleration at T = 3 seconds?

Stricker
Apr 28, 2003, 01:11 PM
Oh oh oh! I remmember problems like that in CalculusI.

*done*

But I'll live it to some one else to do it.

Sham
Apr 28, 2003, 03:02 PM
High school math is garbage. I learned all the math skills I ever needed in elementary. I'm done with my maths, anyway. You only need 3 of them in my school, (unsure if it's different anywhere else.) Matter of fact, I need to get over to that guidance office before this year ends. I'm sure she'll try to schedule me for Calculus next year, can't have that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

As for the homework, just be like me, boycott it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

LamerPanda
Apr 28, 2003, 04:10 PM
I do my math homework during Physical Science. I look in the back of the book for half the answers and I make up the rest, or make a half-hearted attempt at doing them.

It works well enough for me...

Deathscythealpha
Apr 28, 2003, 06:10 PM
All school maths sucks, half the stuff you get asked has barely any relefence to the real world unless your wanting to go into a job that specifically deals with them. When is someone ever going to buy 13.58 of potatoes eat 6.983 and try to calculate how many they will have for their next meal?

Im so glad im in college now and dont have to do that crap.

Cloud_01
Apr 28, 2003, 08:05 PM
I have 5 pages of math homework to do tonight. Not looking forward to doing it at all. I think i'm going to burn the papers.

Scriptor
Apr 28, 2003, 09:36 PM
hehehe SD huh? - that can be used in like business and shit to see how some trends (in, say, consumer demand or some shit) are varying from what they normally are (or average). i guess some business suit might need some shit like that at some point. but man, u fukkin wait until u get onto like RADIENS UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH who wouldve thought some fukkin muppet could pull so much shit out of ONE DAMM CIRCLE! and theres a whole host of other shit ive FORCED out of my mind. but chemistry so takes the biscuit to maths- you should try ORGANIC CHEMISTRY, a subject DESIGNED to fukk u off i swear. i mean, all the shitty structural formulas u gotta learn @_@

Aurra
Apr 28, 2003, 10:36 PM
Oh, I know all about radians... they sux0r http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Guile
Apr 28, 2003, 11:56 PM
Yes math sucks, any math! I would use math period as my time to sleep

Aurra
Apr 29, 2003, 12:32 AM
On 2003-04-28 21:56, Guile wrote:
Yes math sucks, any math! I would use math period as my time to sleep

Usually, I do... I'm not fully awake until 6th period.

geewj
Apr 29, 2003, 12:38 AM
Hey come on, math rocks. Its needless math homework that sucks.

Logic is fun!

(I'm serious)

Stricker
Apr 29, 2003, 11:06 AM
On 2003-04-28 22:38, Prof_Frink wrote:
Hey come on, math rocks. Its needless math homework that sucks.

Logic is fun!

(I'm serious)

What? you mean math don't suck? I think We are the ones that suck then. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Vantamiath
Apr 29, 2003, 12:48 PM
Mr. Book knows all the odd answers...

Scriptor
Apr 30, 2003, 10:06 PM
Prof Fink give me a break- LOGIC and MATHS together- no fukkin way. once u get into advanced maths shite, its all complete theorectical BULLSHIT. i mean from what ive seen of it, its fukkin ppl CREATING problems so they can then solve them- which have JACK SHIT relevance to the REAL WORLD. i dont see bollox all logic in that- fukk maths. earlyish maths is logical, advanced maths is complete useless shite for ppl with amazing intelligence. i see no logic whatsoever in a vast majority of maths, but obviously it does have its uses.

Droxitr
May 3, 2003, 12:07 AM
Hehe. What is PSO but a LOT of math?

Wheee!

I'm a dork, aren't I?

NekoHikari
May 3, 2003, 02:12 AM
Just remember knowledge is a sure sign of power. I would just read the entire math book from start to finish until it couldn't teach me anything more, and then I'd sit in class with a smirk on my face.