PDA

View Full Version : I've found a "cure" for the BSOD.

CloudStrife7
Feb 16, 2001, 09:39 PM
I was mad. I had just lvl'ed, as well as my MAG. Then, the BSOD comes up. That made me even more mad. I went downstairs to the PC, leaving the DC on, with the BSOD. I just talked to some friends and then went back up after maybe 5 min. The BSOD was gone, and the intro was playing. I went to load my saved game, and everything was there, mag, all my items.. I was happy. I guess.
=)
Hope this helps!
CloudStrife7

ragnarok
Feb 16, 2001, 09:58 PM
What a lucky person, good job, please tell me if that ever happens again. I want to know if you wait a few minutes then you wouldn't lose anything.

Mindblade
Feb 17, 2001, 03:27 AM
Yes, it could be possible...some sort of Data ressurection technique. Maybe.....If that ever happenes again tell us.

Reiko_Nagase
Feb 17, 2001, 07:25 AM
There's 2 ways to prevent BSOD from striking you. There's the auto-disconnect trick, where you just let your DC idle until the auto-disconnect kicks in. And then there's the forced disconnect trick, where you just pull out the phone cord from the DC, forcing the DC to disconnect you from PSO.

If done correctly, both tricks should say "Line Disconnected, exiting PSO" or something like that and then your DC should automatically do a quit save. BSOD is blocked, all your gear is saved, and all's right with the world. ^_^

The real reason why you lose stuff when you BSOD is because you shut off the DC without doing a proper save. So when the BSOD happens to you, DO NOT IMMEDIATELY TURN OFF THE DC. Try these tricks first, and ONLY shut off the DC as a last resort.

Lastly, there is no fix for post-BSOD'd characters. Once that file is corrupted, your character is as good as dead...

Mystariana
Feb 18, 2001, 05:28 AM
when i get the BSOD i just do a soft reset...it saves my game then i can start again...works for me...

What was now shall be
What is will cease to exist...

Mystariana
FOmarl
Lvl. 15
Blue dress...brown hair

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Mystariana on 2001-02-18 02:29 ]</font>

Pneophen
Feb 18, 2001, 08:00 AM
What i did when my DC froze is open teh cd lid till the disk stopped closed it, let it load. turn off my DC and when i loaded it i had all my exp. equipment and item in the bank. The only thing i lost was stuff in my item list that was not equiped.

Anonymous
Feb 18, 2001, 12:10 PM
Yeah. It happened again. Not to say I was happy that it did, but it did. I just waited, and it disconnected again. Hope this helps.
Cloud

SuperSubZero
Feb 18, 2001, 04:02 PM
I'm DSL with the BBA playing PSO oh and XYZ PDQ.

I think I've seen games with people getting the BSOD or something similar. A couple of games recently I saw the other players just lag completely and then after about a minute they would vanish.

This doesn't kick me out although I do end up alone since the other players all disappear. I'm still connected to Sega's network and can join lobbys and stuff.

Anyone with BBA having BSOD's?

-SSZ

SuperSubZero
Feb 18, 2001, 04:04 PM
oh hey Cloud was that in the game I was in? I saw a Cloud in there briefly.. That other guy too, I can't remember his name.. Y'all dropped on me, you first then the other two.

-SSZ

Lord_Ariakas
Feb 18, 2001, 06:44 PM
It was me and cloud with u SubZero. I got the BSOD too. Just rip out your phone cord and wait a few seconds and it will come back, disconnect and save.

CloudStrife7
Feb 18, 2001, 08:19 PM
Hey, that message above was from me. Unless it was CloudStrife7 you saw, then it wasn't me. =)
CloudStrife7

Heero_Yuy
Feb 19, 2001, 03:45 AM
I am one lucky person i guess i have not heard of the BSOD until i came here and i still have not seen it. Does it only occur when trying to get online or does it happen offline too?

Pneophen
Feb 19, 2001, 08:42 AM
the only time ive ever seen the bsod is when the server crashed

segagameplay
Feb 20, 2001, 04:37 AM
K this is a simple cure. AT black screen of death pull the phone cordout of the wall. it will in a sec say line disconnected. Bam charecter save!

Syntax
Feb 22, 2001, 12:28 PM
I got the BSOD once and it disconnected me after a few minutes. However have any of you gotten the BSOD but the music and allt he sound effect keep going? I was fighting hte Dragon with a group and my screen went black... I waited and listened to the battle and eventuallyt he picture came back and we killed the dragon. I didn't even die... weird
Anyone have any clues on this one???

-Syntax

Anonymous
Feb 25, 2001, 07:11 PM
My DC reseted while I was playing today... Results: Lost my Lv. 29 FOnewm... Back to level 1... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

Has anyone ever lost a char due to BSOD/Reset? Am I the only one? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

KeyserSoze
Feb 26, 2001, 07:24 AM
Have the game for two days and already I've experienced two BSOD. The first BSOD corrupted my save file (level 4), and on the second BSOD I just lost all my unequiped items and mesetas. I've tried unconnecting the phone line method, but no matter how long I waited the screen still remain black. The corruption might be from my shitty memory card/jump pack from Performance, so now I'm using the official Dreamcast VMU.

I am also now not taking any chances with BSOD. Before I go online, I always use the DC web browser to sent an email message to my self with the two PSO files as a attachments, so if my file ever get corrupted I'll have backup.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: KeyserSoze on 2001-02-26 04:26 ]</font>

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: KeyserSoze on 2001-02-26 04:47 ]</font>

protosakura
Feb 28, 2001, 01:09 AM
hey supersubzero i am about to use my bba with PSO can we chat? ihave some q's my e-mail is [email protected] maybe you can help. Thanks

psak

BlackCanaryOfDeath
Mar 1, 2001, 05:49 AM
How do you like this? I was fighting the Mines boss with my (newly found) Inferno Bazooka in hand when SLAM! I'm dead, got some moniter in the back of my head. I wasn't worried becuse I was playing with my chums. Then I got a BSOD! Ahhh!! nooo, My gun lay right in front of me after the Screen Cleared! I was about an inch away! I was forced to save and quit. Bye Bye Bazooka, Oh How I loved you so!