PDA

View Full Version : Want to make a Fi/Hu what race complements it best?

Phenix1
May 30, 2016, 06:33 PM
Hello, I just got PSO2 and I want to do Fi/Hu what race would excel with it? I heard newman's are pretty good due to their fast pp regen for using more photon arts. Would this be the way to go because I wouldn't mind a female newman. Thank you for your time.:-D

Sirius-91
May 30, 2016, 06:41 PM
Outside of small stat gains, there's no racial bonuses anymore. You have the option to be whatever you want.

Xaeris
May 30, 2016, 07:50 PM
Newmen don't regenerate PP any more quickly than other races in PSO2; that was a PSO1 thing. The absolute best race for FI/HU is either Cast or Dewman M, depending how important you think HP is, but like the poster above me says, the stat differences are really negligible now. You can safely pick a race/gender combo based on aesthetics.

milranduil
May 30, 2016, 10:03 PM
fcast for cheap fashion, little extra hp over dewman.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 31, 2016, 12:43 AM
fcast for cheap fashion

Fcast OP. Plz nerf.

SilenWhisper
May 31, 2016, 01:05 AM
You ppl.Have you even checked race status?Dewmans have around +30 S-atk compared to Newmans,that's negligible to you?Not convincing when ppl are struggling for 10-20 more atk on affixing.

Perfect Chaos
May 31, 2016, 01:12 AM
Cheap fashion? I had to shell out like 5 million for the female cast parts that I wanted (granted they are quite old, and old cast parts are usually few in supply due to being recycled away). Nowhere near the price of certain female outfits (especially the base-wear tickets) but it's certainly more expensive than male outfits. LOL

Anyway, as for different race's stats, the only big difference is T-ATK between Casts and female Newmans. But Xaeris's answer should be exactly what the initial question asks for.

The 30 ATK is quite negligible in the grand scheme of things, since that's only about 1% damage difference. The people that spend tens of millions for 10 extra ATK are min-maxers, and those people will likely pair a character's race with the class that best maximizes the desired ATK stat, anyway.

kurokyosuke
May 31, 2016, 01:24 AM
You ppl.Have you even checked race status?Dewmans have around +30 S-atk compared to Newmans,that's negligible to you?Not convincing when ppl are struggling for 10-20 more atk on affixing.

Not everyone's a min-maxer, bro.

Xaeris
May 31, 2016, 01:42 AM

Compared to a choice that informs the entire aesthetic of your character and the options you'll have going forward, the value of 30 Atk is negligible, yes.

Vampy
May 31, 2016, 03:30 AM
Only time where race is a somewhat steep drop is when you go cast for force you lose around 80 t attack which is pretty steep it's like using an entire unit worth of attack if you affix 80 T attack which slowly adds up.

Perfect Chaos
May 31, 2016, 09:44 AM
Difference in T-ATK between Casts and female Newmans is 55 at level 75. But yeah, after shifta, drink, and whatnot, it should be around 80.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 1, 2016, 02:09 AM
You ppl.Have you even checked race status?Dewmans have around +30 S-atk compared to Newmans,that's negligible to you?

Yes it is negligible. I have 3161 before drinks as Newearl Br/Hu. I really don't care. 30 atk isn't even 1/100th of my total.

SilenWhisper
Jun 1, 2016, 02:31 AM
Hello, I just got PSO2 and I want to do Fi/Hu what race would excel with it? I heard newman's are pretty good due to their fast pp regen for using more photon arts. Would this be the way to go because I wouldn't mind a female newman. Thank you for your time.:-D

Help yourself (http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php)
Also,do NOT ruin your mag,meaning you have to increase only S-Atk.