PDA

View Full Version : Might need a new method to log in.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 30, 2016, 06:42 PM
So I've been using the Putty/amazon method from this thread for the past... year and a half maybe? Started ever since the end of the DDoS. http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?220299-Connect-to-PSO2-with-JP-Amazon-EC2-Free%2812mo%29-amp-Private-SSH-Tunnel-and-IP!

Now I'm getting timeout errors when I attempt to even get putty running.

I may have run out of time on free access. Would appreciate input from anyone more savy on this mess than I am on the issue.

In case of the worst, what is the most recommended/safe alternative proxy, or whatever?

Tunga
May 30, 2016, 06:54 PM
You still can't connect without proxy?

Still you can view if your AWS instance is active via the website.Might want to verify that first i guess.

Sirius-91
May 30, 2016, 07:56 PM
So I've been using the Putty/amazon method from this thread for the past... year and a half maybe? Started ever since the end of the DDoS. http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?220299-Connect-to-PSO2-with-JP-Amazon-EC2-Free%2812mo%29-amp-Private-SSH-Tunnel-and-IP!

Now I'm getting timeout errors when I attempt to even get putty running.

I may have run out of time on free access. Would appreciate input from anyone more savy on this mess than I am on the issue.

In case of the worst, what is the most recommended/safe alternative proxy, or whatever?

AWS is only free for a year or so. The rates aren't too bad, I'd consider paying for it if you can.

n_n
May 30, 2016, 07:59 PM
Log into the AWS Management Console (https://aws.amazon.com/console/) and check the status of your instance.

Also, the free trial lasts a year. Once that's up, you will start getting charged. I assume it couldn't pull any more money and so it just ended up taking your instance down.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 30, 2016, 09:06 PM
Said account was suspended on the website. I'll just open a case and hear what they have to say about it. Not like I'm in a rush.

Tunga
May 30, 2016, 10:22 PM
It was a free year and you said you've been using it since DDoS drama. They could've been tryinh to charge you for months and then terminated for not receiving payment.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 30, 2016, 11:11 PM
Hehe... if that's the case, ooops. But I'm pretty sure I stopped automatic payments the moment I made this account. Should'ave went inactive months ago if that were the case...

Looking into it.

Tunga
May 30, 2016, 11:19 PM
Just an fyi, you get charged for the amount of time your instance is up and not by the time you log in. Basically you will get charged 24/7 if you don't turn your instance, give or take $14-17/mo

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 30, 2016, 11:43 PM
Well I'm pretty sure I'll have to find a new source regardless of their eventual response. Recommendations?

Sirius-91
May 31, 2016, 12:10 AM
Well I'm pretty sure I'll have to find a new source regardless of their eventual response. Recommendations?

The proxy. Or get another email and a prepaid card with at least 2 dollars in it. Sign up for the AWS stuff using new info.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 31, 2016, 12:21 AM
Or get another email and a prepaid card with at least 2 dollars in it. Sign up for the AWS stuff using new info.

That's sorta messed up, but I like it!

n_n
May 31, 2016, 12:43 AM
Or get another email and a prepaid card with at least 2 dollars in it. Sign up for the AWS stuff using new info.
Yeah, just do this. But I don't think you even need at least $2 -- when I made a new account for another free trial about 6 months ago, they accepted the prepaid card I provided and it had $0.60ish on it. ;-)

Selphea
May 31, 2016, 05:06 AM
If you want legit, there's VPN services like NordVPN for premade stuff and VPS like Vultr if you want to DIY like Amazon. Vultr worked well for me for pso2 but failed for Soul Worker and Closers

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 1, 2016, 10:49 PM
Silly question: I bet AWS will recognize if I use the same card number, but different email address, no? What about a different 3 digit verification code?

Sirius-91
Jun 1, 2016, 11:26 PM
Silly question: I bet AWS will recognize if I use the same card number, but different email address, no? What about a different 3 digit verification code?

You like, can't have the same CC number with a different CVV2. It's like having the same plate number on your car but registered to to 2 different people.

Exiled_Gundam
Jun 1, 2016, 11:32 PM
Softether :P

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 2, 2016, 12:35 AM
You like, can't have the same CC number with a different CVV2. It's like having the same plate number on your car but registered to to 2 different people.

I do. Card expired months ago, which is likely exactly why they were fishing for payments xD (oopsie). Got a new one with the same CC number but different verification because astoria fed. is weird like that.

Keilyn
Jun 2, 2016, 10:38 AM
I do. Card expired months ago, which is likely exactly why they were fishing for payments xD (oopsie). Got a new one with the same CC number but different verification because astoria fed. is weird like that.

The sad part to it is that the reason a lot of cards got cancelled March and April by banks or through normal expiration dates is because Amazon, Google, and Sam's Club all got hacked and their data was compromised. There is a pending class-action lawsuit in the works for those who's credit scores were hit by debt incurred from their infrastructure causing the cancellation of cards and freezing of accounts.

Glad you fixed your problem.
I also use AWS and I like the service...

AWS is actually amazing for gamers considering anytime a person can just launch to connect anywhere in the world to escape region blocking. I use it a lot in different nations for their games and media content... you know when youtube tells you that some video isn't available in your country? or some BS.... Just AWS to the different nation and watch whatever content you want. :) Same when I get those crappy Anime Headers of "This video is not made available in your country, but it is registered to a service that is owned and operated by your country." ^_^