PDA

View Full Version : Question about the form for SEGA about OTP issue

nicky246
May 30, 2016, 09:27 PM
I lost my phone and didnt save the deletion code for gg authenticator. I ask my friend in japan to help me write a letter for SEGA but I'm confused.
This is the form (follow bumped.org). My question is

Do I have to submit all exactly informations of the SEGA ID like Name or Birthday (why SEGA dont want to ask for secret question)? Because I updated my SEGA ID's Name follow some "AC purchase guide".:(

Sirius-91
May 30, 2016, 10:40 PM
I lost my phone and didnt save the deletion code for gg authenticator. I ask my friend in japan to help me write a letter for SEGA but I'm confused.
This is the form (follow bumped.org). My question is

Do I have to submit all exactly informations of the SEGA ID like Name or Birthday (why SEGA dont want to ask for secret question)? Because I updated my SEGA ID's Name follow some "AC purchase guide".:(

You need this information as how are they supposed to know if you're not actually a hacker trying to invade an account. If you faked your information, then you might be SOL.

nicky246
May 31, 2016, 12:25 AM
You need this information as how are they supposed to know if you're not actually a hacker trying to invade an account. If you faked your information, then you might be SOL.

I mean the informations when I create SEGA ID or what? Thank you

Lyrise
May 31, 2016, 01:16 AM
You need all the information you put in when you last updated the inforamtion on the account (which for most people is when they made the account).

Your best bet? Find the phone. Because if all your information is copied out of some guide, the cs rep's going to look at your account and realize the falsified info (seriously, how many people have the name Sega Tarou?)

Once you find the phone? Switch it to SecureOTP - you'd be able to load up the app on another device and the codes are tied to your account, unlike GAuth, which is tied to a one-time generated code/QR. At the very least, you'll keep your OTP storage access, the only thing you lose is the 2nd set of monthly rewards. (which doesn't help you at all if you can't sign in). Alternatively, remove the GAuth you have, and set it up again to create a new termination code. Take a photo of it, and file it away.

nicky246
May 31, 2016, 01:50 AM
You need all the information you put in when you last updated the inforamtion on the account (which for most people is when they made the account).

Your best bet? Find the phone. Because if all your information is copied out of some guide, the cs rep's going to look at your account and realize the falsified info (seriously, how many people have the name Sega Tarou?)

Once you find the phone? Switch it to SecureOTP - you'd be able to load up the app on another device and the codes are tied to your account, unlike GAuth, which is tied to a one-time generated code/QR. At the very least, you'll keep your OTP storage access, the only thing you lose is the 2nd set of monthly rewards. (which doesn't help you at all if you can't sign in). Alternatively, remove the GAuth you have, and set it up again to create a new termination code. Take a photo of it, and file it away.

So It means that I've already done :( can I just tell to SEGA I was dumb and type a random name :( ofc my friend in japan will help with his name or address

Sirius-91
May 31, 2016, 02:01 AM

You can backup the entire GAuth database with root. It's not an option for some though, but if rooted one just needs to browse to:

/data/data/com/google.android.apps.authenticator2/databases/

And backup the databases file and databases-journal file replacing them with the same files on the new device.

nicky246
May 31, 2016, 02:29 AM
You can backup the entire GAuth database with root. It's not an option for some though, but if rooted one just needs to browse to:

/data/data/com/google.android.apps.authenticator2/databases/

And backup the databases file and databases-journal file replacing them with the same files on the new device.

Window Phone sad :(

Lyrise
May 31, 2016, 10:57 AM
So It means that I've already done :( can I just tell to SEGA I was dumb and type a random name :( ofc my friend in japan will help with his name or address

Don't do this. The terms already state that they can terminate your account for providing falsified information - they'll also look at the connection logs as well for your account and realize you're connecting from outside of Japan, which would make things even more difficult for you.

nicky246
May 31, 2016, 12:22 PM
Don't do this. The terms already state that they can terminate your account for providing falsified information - they'll also look at the connection logs as well for your account and realize you're connecting from outside of Japan, which would make things even more difficult for you.

So if I submit the name I took on the guide is there any chances to ask for an unlock code from SEGA?

Lyrise
May 31, 2016, 02:52 PM
Don't count on it. On paper it should play out as you described, but your chances go down proportional to the number of people who did the same thing you did.

nicky246
May 31, 2016, 10:46 PM
SEGA can remove OTP from your account, but after you send your request with that form, they'll send this to your e-mail:

- - - - - - - - - - - (テンプレートここから) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

・ご依頼の内容

[ ] Google認証システム(Google Authenticator)停止依頼
 [ ] その他

・お困りの状況の詳細

・SEGA ID:
・お名前:
・ご住所(都道府県名、建物名など全て記載をお願いします):
・お電話番号(ハイフン無しで記載ください):
・生年月日(西暦で記載ください):
・登録メールアドレス:
・秘密の質問の回答:

- - - - - - - - - - - (テンプレートここまで) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

※秘密の質問は下記のいずれかになります。

通っていた幼稚園(保育園)の名前は?
 生まれた町名は?
 最初に乗った車の車種は?
 子供の頃の憧れの選手は?
 初恋の人のファーストネームは?
 最初に飼ったペットの名前は?
 中学校三年生の時の担任は?

今後ともご愛顧賜りますよう、何卒よろしくお願い申し上げます。

※本メールに返信する際は、件名を変更せずに送信してください。

(Run it through Google Translate if you can't read it.)

Simply fill this out and send it back to them. If you don't remember any of it... yeah...

I fortunately had the removal code, so I didn't have to go through this process fully. Not sure how it'll go for most people outside of Japan though.

Can you tell me more? How can you get the deletion code w/o fully fill the form SEGA gave you? Thanks so much

nicky246
May 31, 2016, 10:52 PM
Maybe I should try to send a request to SEGA and wait for miracle xD anw thank you mate it's help me a lots