PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Curious Question: How Often are You in a Party?

Shade_Koopa
May 30, 2016, 11:52 PM
This is probably a commen sense question, but how often do you as a player party up with others? I understand if it's like for those High Ranking 12 bosses n such, but how often do ya do it when your just out questing, leveling, item hunting, etc?

Also, how often do PC/PS4 players play with the PS Vita players?

Globbi
May 31, 2016, 03:29 AM
I used to join random people a lot when doing Dailies and team up with randoms when doing AQs for lvling but with sega's "Let's push eq every other hour" it's nearly impossible to find people who don't care for EQs and stick around for more then 2 runs of AQs

Kokurokoki
May 31, 2016, 03:37 AM
I managed to party with a random guy through Skyscape Exploration.

Most people don't seem to care for partying other than to go through a level that they can't solo. :(

Vampy
May 31, 2016, 03:39 AM
Every day but with one person lol I am usually very introverted so i don't do well in full groups most of the time.

gabor100
May 31, 2016, 03:43 AM
8-10 times since i started playing. The 1st and 2nd was some random joining me when i was new, i was thinking to join randoms too but got kicked from every party.

When i asked if this was normal, english people told me that i was not reading the description, i said i was reading that, so they told me that nobody wan't some useless sh!t in their party. I was locking my partys and playing alone after that.

CocoCrispy
May 31, 2016, 03:47 AM
Oh I think I'm with friends most of the time I'm playing unless I need to do some ai only partner character co's. We have a pretty great time together but we play pretty casually.

Sometimes a random will join us during a random quest but then they usually leave after the run is over and they thank us for allowing them to stay for the run.

Astrix
May 31, 2016, 03:52 AM
Im 35 and never party with other players, although I want to. I just get frustrated fighting for a chance to hit things because everything dies too quickly. This game is too easy to consider grouping with other players. Hope this changes at higher levels.

SteveCZ
May 31, 2016, 04:02 AM
This game? Never. I only play with IRL friends, and they don't play this game.

Kokurokoki
May 31, 2016, 04:02 AM
Im 35 and never party with other players, although I want to. I just get frustrated fighting for a chance to hit things because everything dies too quickly. This game is too easy to consider grouping with other players. Hope this changes at higher levels.

It gets worse. That's because SEGA cannot unto good game mechanics, and so everything just becomes a damage-race fest. I usually don't play like that unless I'm trying to rush a client order or something. Even then, I like to have fun and use different PAs and try to see what kinds of combos I can string together. Most of the time I don't even use my damage buff skills just to see how far I can push the combat system.

However, when you're rushing TACOs or doing EQs, rushing becomes almost a necessity. So just prepare some weapons or playstyles for spam-rushing, and then use the stuff you want to use for when you play with friends or solo. That's what I do and I manage to get the best of both worlds.

Globbi
May 31, 2016, 04:09 AM
:D
I just get frustrated fighting for a chance to hit things because everything dies too quickly.

You would have hated me for sliding around with guren tessen killing everything with a single slash. It changes in Ultimate tho as Sega smiply added an overwhelming amount of HP to the mobs instead of putting some effort into difficulty :D

AnikaSteinberg
May 31, 2016, 07:09 AM
outside of EQs? Usually never, almost always solo, yes, even during TAs and XQs. (they're now sorta like skill maintenance sessions for me)
Unless it's a friend requesting for backup, an in-team event or in-team gimmick.

TaigaUC
May 31, 2016, 08:37 AM
I usually play alone. If JP/net friends happen to be in the same block, then we usually party up.
Seems to be much rarer these days. Everyone logs in at different times and it feels like blocks are more difficult to get into now.

None of my real life friends want to play PSO2.

sparab
May 31, 2016, 08:51 AM
Golden rule of PSO2:

People who come to XHEQ in party are either super good or super bad. Usually the latter.

Totori
May 31, 2016, 09:01 AM
Rarely in a party due to other's players motivation.

brohero
May 31, 2016, 09:22 AM
I dont often to get party. Usually I go to pub MPA only single party. Most people are not responded when I chat with them. Some of them leaving party after EQ done without saying anything. Only the team party which is the best friends I have and several of my friend list. There are bad people out there, but there are some people might be right person that you can be friend with them.

starwind75043
May 31, 2016, 10:24 AM
Golden rule of PSO2:

People who come to XHEQ in party are either super good or super bad. Usually the latter.

You know that what i find as well and its very frustrating. especially if there LFP in lobby.

RadiantLegend
May 31, 2016, 10:31 AM
Rarely, maybe for AQs but that's it.

Keilyn
May 31, 2016, 10:40 AM
Although I like meeting people when the chance presents itself, I am alone outside of most EQs. By Alone I mean myself and on the maps that allow it without making things worse, three bots. Once in a blue moon I will spend a few days running maps duo (usually SHAQ w/ +50 Risk) with those who need it, but that really is about it....

This is why I wonder about the Genre of this game at times.
Even Singleplayer RPGs give you control of a party of players eventually... this one is a single person going around destroying everything like a shooter or adventure game. I don't even compare this to MMORPGs when end-game sieging and PvP have hundreds of players destroying each other at the same time in clusters. In fact, I laugh when I read the statistics for PvP deaths..

Anduril
May 31, 2016, 11:15 AM
Typically I solo. If I'm invited by someone I know I'm usually wiling to party up, except it usually only happens at the wrong moment (ie. I'm trying to get a few COs done before I have to leave, I'm doing my weekly 7 character TA runs, etc). The only other time I party is when I'm going into an SH EQ for leveling, and join a party for that bonus EXP. I do occasionally take new players under my wing for about a week, but they all tend to disappear on me after that.

yoshiblue
May 31, 2016, 11:54 AM
Except it usually only happens at the wrong moment (ie. I'm trying to get a few COs done before I have to leave, I'm doing my weekly 7 character TA runs, etc).[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/LfDvHST.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]Can confirm, I always ask at the wrong time.

On topic: I tend to play when my friends want to as well.

Zeroem
May 31, 2016, 12:05 PM
I rarely inside a party, to be honest............Actually, the number of 'people went inside my party without notice' is higher than I barging in a party.

Alenoir
May 31, 2016, 03:45 PM
Depends on how many team members end up in the same block I'm on/I end up in their block. We rarely run anything outside of TA/EM/dailies anymore.

Evangelion X.XX
May 31, 2016, 04:51 PM
I'm not in any team and I solo dailies/TAs/Random-Quests; I like the freedom to do whatever and whenever I want, however I like.

When there's an EQ or if I'm running UQ, I PUG, but I don't join any parties.

Once in a while, randoms will party up with me, and it's cool; I don't mind at all.

All in all, the content, the difficulty, and the number of PUG-MPA that simply sucks ass (TD3/TD4/Magatsu EQs for example) in this game doesn't warrant me to party up with other "strong" players or to join a team despite being invited.

If the game ever gets to the point where PUG MPAs are simply atrocious beyond belief, then I'll consider joining a team.

But I enjoy my freedom right now.

Nyansan
May 31, 2016, 06:36 PM
When doing dailies I am mostly solo, although there are rare instances where I'm partied up with brother/friend/teammate.
Klotho stuff are almost always with my bro.
Same goes for EQs, unless am signed on a team mpa.

For EQs, as much as I want to party up with friends, block system wrecks up plans to do so since people be busy camping and me and/or the friend cant go to each others block without the risk of not finding enough decent people to EQ

Masu
May 31, 2016, 10:26 PM
Been a while I've not joined random. Mainly because of deadly silence which makes me uncomfortable. Another reason I don't join random anymore is because they don't give a fuck if you have finished to loot stuff and restart without asking, which is upseting...especially when there was random who joined me by the past, I had the courtesy to ask them if they were ready before restarting. Now I just lock my party to 'team member only'.

SteveCZ
May 31, 2016, 10:52 PM
The fact that joining a random party and the leader can, intentionally or not, kick us or disband party in the middle of the game without reason at anytime in this kind of game is not really a good idea either.
I mean, by being kicked gets you out of the room (not just the party), might be annoying for some people I guess.

Uncle_bob
May 31, 2016, 11:09 PM
never

friends are for nerds

wefwq
May 31, 2016, 11:35 PM
Almost next to never in general (EQ/others) since i don't feel very comfortable playing with randoms.
I only run in parties if it's TA/XQ with my own teammate, though only if they're online, if not i'm running the quest all alone like per usual.

Tari
Jun 1, 2016, 12:05 AM
With friends/team members? All the time. With randoms? Only for that sweet, sweet EXP bonus for leveling alts.

[Ayumi]
Jun 3, 2016, 08:39 PM
Does playing with yourself on 2 accounts count?
If not, unless it's an EQ I care about (Yamato I think is the only one honestly), I'm always alone.
Even in EQs like TDs and such I'm alone.
I rather not have to worry of a "what if" if the leader is a dick and kick me or something.

Triste
Jun 3, 2016, 11:01 PM
Hmm... now that I think about it, outside of EQs, I only ever party with my friends and teammates. I've had someone join once when I accidentally left a party open while I was running a daily, but, I almost always lock those down out of habit.

[Ayumi]
Jun 4, 2016, 10:39 AM
Hmm... now that I think about it, outside of EQs, I only ever party with my friends and teammates. I've had someone join once when I accidentally left a party open while I was running a daily, but, I almost always lock those down out of habit.

That usually happens to me when I'm not fast enough in adding npcs to my party.
Or maybe once a year when one of my friends whisper me to join my party.

Altiea
Jun 4, 2016, 03:03 PM
I'm a lonely sap, so I always team up with my friends whenever possible, but otherwise I solo. Sometimes I ask my teammates to party up for SHAQs, but they usually don't. Once in a while, I get a random in my party, and I'm happy to let them tag along. Sometimes I'll help them do their own stuff when they want.

.Jack
Jun 5, 2016, 05:06 AM
On a daily basis now running darker dens non stop available with the gate glitch/method or w/e ppl want to call it, it's worth running with a party if you like making easy meseta selling mods. :-)

Saagonsa
Jun 5, 2016, 01:29 PM
gate glitch/method or w/e ppl want to call it

If you don't mind, could you elaborate?

More on topic, I play with some friends pretty much all the time. Lots of AQs and TAs especially these past few weeks thanks to the boosts.

.Jack
Jun 6, 2016, 04:05 AM
If you don't mind, could you elaborate?

After you get abducted several times in the same party without completing the mission, you just retry the mission over and over and get the den mission again. It's basically just killing the clones and pick up the drops and restarting. Here's an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpcAFmUX0sY

HalfDarkShadow
Jun 7, 2016, 11:40 PM
Back when, I usually would meet a group of nice folks, play some missions together, to eventually ending up just hanging-out in someone's room just having a good time lol. Usually how that would happen was just random or two joining my party (I was still only around 20-ish then), and due to my talkative nature, they stick around after the mission, they meet me to their group of friends, and so on.

Nowadays (since I started playing again as of recently, stopped for a year) it's been of similar experience, but definitely less frequent. Mostly on me though, as the rest of you have mentioned, I as well just tend to solo things and if I join a random party, I tend to leave soon after.
But hey, if someone needs a leveling buddy, you know where to turn! *thumbs up at myself*.

A side note:
[SPOILER-BOX]My first post! Well...technically not exactly my first post, as I have (now had) an original account back in late '06 to '07 (I think I was about 13-14?), which my derpy-ass forgot to the put the 'k' in HalfDar[k]Shadow lol. I just went through the replies and messages I don't even remember typing up before back when and....god the things I said....so cringy. haha~[/SPOILER-BOX]

Xiriko
Jun 10, 2016, 08:02 PM
I'm a high level in the game for a while so besides the typical daily quests, TAs from Klotho and some very rare Gunne Gam spam I don't usually do parties much. Being European and all doesn't make it much easier as a lot of people I meet tend to be American so I ended up being forced to solo most of the time.

Then there's the fact I'm shy as heck and most of the community that is actually nice (as in non-b1) having their own teams/parties already.