PDA

View Full Version : trying to get back in to pso2

SMAzo
Jun 1, 2016, 08:07 AM
Looking for some cool ppl down to play n chill.. trying to get back into the game..been about 2 years or so lol..i left becuz all ppl i played wth left,soo tryna get back to the fun:-D

Keilyn
Jun 1, 2016, 08:41 AM
You have a lot to catch up...
The game is still the dungeon-crawling, "look for loot" game...
...but the game's difficulty has gone down a lot due to equipment having excessive power and units having excessive defense.

It doesn't mean that you can't die.
It just means that its easier to solo the game...

Take it one day at a time and I am sure others will post what else you have been missing in the last two years, especially the new character classes.

otakun
Jun 1, 2016, 09:17 AM
You have a lot to catch up...
The game is still the dungeon-crawling, "look for loot" game...
...but the game's difficulty has gone down a lot due to equipment having excessive power and units having excessive defense.

It doesn't mean that you can't die.
It just means that its easier to solo the game...

Take it one day at a time and I am sure others will post what else you have been missing in the last two years, especially the new character classes.

Donno why so many PSOW people underestimate the game so much. Is there a bubble of ignorance when people die all the time in EQs? I know newer players that still have a hard time with SH cause they don't have the plethora of resources that I do. Even so, you can easily be one shot or combo stunned by SH bosses even with 11* affixed units depending on your class. I guess people on here want you to be able to die just from the bosses tapping you outside of their attack animations which would definitely deter newer players. This isn't dark souls.

Keilyn
Jun 1, 2016, 10:45 AM
Donno why so many PSOW people underestimate the game so much. Is there a bubble of ignorance when people die all the time in EQs? I know newer players that still have a hard time with SH cause they don't have the plethora of resources that I do. Even so, you can easily be one shot or combo stunned by SH bosses even with 11* affixed units depending on your class. I guess people on here want you to be able to die just from the bosses tapping you outside of their attack animations which would definitely deter newer players. This isn't dark souls.

It does not change the fact that greater accessibility exists in obtaining stronger equipment than in the past. This results in higher attack potential today than two years ago as well as an easier time arming up. There are also more choices for decent units than what existed two years ago resulting in better Defensive Potential. The level cap is also 75, and there are more skills in the skill trees of each class as well as Class-Excubes. This makes the game a lot easier than it was two years ago.

So in effect,
Difficulty has gone down.
I never explicitly stated anywhere that I want players to go full offensive and destroy everything in this game.

Your mistake was to assume that I thought the same as your perception of the people in this forum. Trust me. I am far more defensive and nothing in SH can one-shot me. I run on Ideal Unit Set combined with Affixed Ideal Weapons. I actually get 18% resistance vs everything along with 23% Strike Resistance along with Deband Cut protecting me further. I run on 1000 - 1100 health without deband toughness and my resistances keep me alive in EQs so that I can keep others alive in EQs... ^_^

Not every person is an elite, because if they were...
I don't think many in that category would have a need for me.

...also I know I have ways to go in affixing my units and weapons as well. ^_^
I am not the best player, but I know I am not the worse player in this game either.