PDA

View Full Version : Help me in helping a bud get online! (Tweaker issues)

Cortte
Jun 5, 2016, 08:23 AM
So ill start by saying this man is running on Windows 8. I myself run 7, so I don't quite know the differences. Anyways. He's got his Net Frame download, he's got the tweaker. He put it in it's own directory like specified, but when he runs it he get's and error message, and the tweaker just kinda sit's there.

I get this error message myself from time to time, usually when it happens I disable virus protection for the duration of a patch/start up of the game, and it usually by passes the error. So naturally I asked him to do this. Once he started it up it DID pass the error message, however it sits at the tweaker doing nothing but saying "Downloading Pso2 Tweaker". He says he left it this way for some time and nothing happens.

And here we are. Does anyone here have some knowledge they can throw at me to fix his problem? I should also mention this is him trying to install Pso through the tweaker.

Sacrificial
Jun 5, 2016, 08:58 AM
Did he download at least the base( core) files from the main site?

Sirius-91
Jun 5, 2016, 09:01 AM
So ill start by saying this man is running on Windows 8. I myself run 7, so I don't quite know the differences. Anyways. He's got his Net Frame download, he's got the tweaker. He put it in it's own directory like specified, but when he runs it he get's and error message, and the tweaker just kinda sit's there.

I get this error message myself from time to time, usually when it happens I disable virus protection for the duration of a patch/start up of the game, and it usually by passes the error. So naturally I asked him to do this. Once he started it up it DID pass the error message, however it sits at the tweaker doing nothing but saying "Downloading Pso2 Tweaker". He says he left it this way for some time and nothing happens.

And here we are. Does anyone here have some knowledge they can throw at me to fix his problem? I should also mention this is him trying to install Pso through the tweaker.

Screenshots would help.

Cortte
Jun 5, 2016, 09:33 AM
Did he download at least the base( core) files from the main site?

As far as i know he got the tweaker.exe and the netframe files. That should be all he needs right? When i last used it the tweaker did everything for me. has there been any changes or updates?

Cortte
Jun 5, 2016, 07:56 PM
Screenshots would help.

Hopefully that works, but yeah he says it sits at this bar and never moves.

Sirius-91
Jun 5, 2016, 08:46 PM

Hopefully that works, but yeah he says it sits at this bar and never moves.

Something is blocking the tweaker's ability to connect to the internet. Whitelist the tweaker and PSO2, then try again,