PDA

View Full Version : AMD R7 370 visual glitches

cr08
Jun 6, 2016, 09:58 AM
Trying to nail down this issue if I can and more importantly see if anyone else has run into it.

I just recently picked up an R7 370 for my machine, upgrading from the integrated Intel HD 4600 GPU. Right out of the gate I did a lot of testing with numerous games in my library and even did a short F@H stint as well as running the Unigine benchmark tool to try and stress it. All while keeping GPU-Z up to monitor load and temps.

Basically everything in my library I have been able to manage maxed out at 1080p. Even GTAV while not maxed out I can hit in the 30-60fps range at 1080p with a lot of stuff turned up. PSO2 has also been an easy run with everything maxed out on Tier 6, no sweat, GPU load never exceeding 30-40% and temps staying in the 60-70C range.

What I have run into though, and it seems to crop up if I try to do any gameplay recording (using either Bandicam with the AMD APP encoder or AMD's own Gaming Evolved app) after a certain period things start to glitch out. First attempt I was in the desert zone and just had a sudden system freeze and the entire screen went grey with horizontal lines. Second attempt I was in the mines and got all the way to the boss and eventually it got to the point where the boss was the only thing visible but everything around was showing that same grey/horizontal lines pattern. This time I did not try to go further and immediately quit out of the game. Unfortunately I have not had a chance to do any further diagnoses, possibly trying another run without any recording going on. I'm going to attempt to do that over the next couple days when I have free time.

Just curious if maybe anyone else has further insight. If I saw the same issues under other games with similar or heavier loads I'd possibly chalk it up to a hardware fault and return/replace but the fact it only pops up in these specific circumstances in PSO2 and everything else runs flawlessly has me baffled.

Atmius
Jun 6, 2016, 10:54 AM
Try using OBS.

cr08
Jun 10, 2016, 06:18 AM
Haven't had much time lately to do more investigating but should be able to later today. Haven't tried OBS yet for personal reasons (mostly I think it is a touch too complicated for basic recording purposes and prefer the relative simplicity of programs like Bandicam, Mirillis, and the like). I did give Mirillis Action a go last night as it allowed me to use Intel Quicksync with no monitors connected on that GPU and was able to go about a solid 45 minutes, 3x 15 minute back to back missions with no issue. I'll do some more troubleshooting later this afternoon though.