PDA

View Full Version : So any news yet on pso2 english patch for the ps4 yet?

st45st
Jun 15, 2016, 07:37 AM
So are they going to announce it at tokyo game show , was hoping hear it from E3, but from what I heard it not that hard for them to just put a english translation on the game now . and is the translation going be 1.99 or 49.99$ ? from the playstation store ? Just up to sony allow a app for it on the playstation store ,

Or is it still just a rumor?

I hope they just partner with google translater, or tweaker. or apple translator. for a few bucks for the app on the ps4 . For the playstation store.

maybe it sony going put a japanese translation app for all games on there store for 49.99 and works on all japanese games, not sure what rumor to believe anymore, one them true.?

It getting stupid having to take screen shots on the cellphone to read the translation. lol

jooozek
Jun 15, 2016, 07:44 AM
english on ps 4 will never happen

TaigaUC
Jun 15, 2016, 08:19 AM
I don't know why people seem to think SEGA Japan, who even went to the trouble of writing in the terms of use that PSO2 Japan is for Japanese only, would ever sell an English patch.

Is there a precedent for such a thing?
Has there ever been a non-English MMO game company that sold an English patch for a non-English region version of their game?
I've never heard of such thing.

TyroneSama
Jun 15, 2016, 08:37 AM
Might be worth stickying a thread about this.

ashley50
Jun 15, 2016, 08:44 AM
So are they going to announce it at tokyo game show , was hoping hear it from E3, but from what I heard it not that hard for them to just put a english translation on the game now . and is the translation going be 1.99 or 49.99$ ? from the playstation store ? Just up to sony allow a app for it on the playstation store ,

It's just a complete rumor. No idea where you even heard/read of it.

I hope they just partner with google translater, or tweaker. or apple translator. for a few bucks for the app on the ps4 . For the playstation store.
Why would they even bother with such shit? The game was only intended for the Japanese players in the first place.

maybe it sony going put a japanese translation app for all games on there store for 49.99 and works on all japanese games, not sure what rumor to believe anymore, one them true.?
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/TTU3fQq.png[/spoiler-box]

It getting stupid having to take screen shots on the cellphone to read the translation. lol
You could just simply play on PC where there is an actual fan-translation patch working.

Flaoc
Jun 15, 2016, 08:49 AM
why do people STILL think this is gonna happen

IMACOP
Jun 15, 2016, 09:11 AM
Same reason people still hoping for english super robot wars (non OG).

Sirius-91
Jun 15, 2016, 09:13 AM

You'll get an english patch when you get custom firmware on your PS4.

isCasted
Jun 15, 2016, 09:14 AM
This is what we mean when we say "console peasants".

Yden
Jun 15, 2016, 09:50 AM
Same reason people still hoping for english super robot wars (non OG).

*cough* SRW V was announced to have an English Asian release.

Shoterxx
Jun 15, 2016, 10:22 AM
How to play english-patched PSO2 on PS4:

1- Install Linux on PS4 (http://wololo.net/2016/04/04/how-to-install-and-run-linux-on-your-ps4/)
2- Install and patch PSO2 on Linux (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?215642-Running-PSO2-in-Linux-(experimental!)/)
3- Profit :D

Note: No, I do not expect this to work.

Sirius-91
Jun 15, 2016, 11:26 AM
How to play english-patched PSO2 on PS4:

1- Install Linux on PS4 (http://wololo.net/2016/04/04/how-to-install-and-run-linux-on-your-ps4/)
2- Install and patch PSO2 on Linux (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?215642-Running-PSO2-in-Linux-(experimental!)/)
3- Profit :D

Note: No, I do not expect this to work.

Oh thanks man, it works I am playing it right now.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/PTg5iMj.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Anon_Fire
Jun 15, 2016, 11:37 AM
How many new users here are so uninformed?

Sirius-91
Jun 15, 2016, 11:42 AM
How many new users here are so uninformed?
Plenty.

.razor.
Jun 15, 2016, 01:53 PM
ewwww ps4

pc mustard race

Petunia
Jun 16, 2016, 09:29 AM
This is what we mean when we say "console peasants".

This.
I'm all for helping new players, but when there's literal legions of them all spamming "WHAT DO I DO NOW?" "HOW DO I LEVEL PAST 30?" "ENG PATCH WHEN?" it becomes a bit too much.

Sirius-91
Jun 16, 2016, 10:49 AM
This.
I'm all for helping new players, but when there's literal legions of them all spamming "WHAT DO I DO NOW?" "HOW DO I LEVEL PAST 30?" "ENG PATCH WHEN?" it becomes a bit too much.

Try being a translator for said games then come back to me.

Shoterxx
Jun 16, 2016, 01:58 PM
ewwww ps4

pc mustard race

Plot twist: PS4 is a PC, just a different OS.
https://media.giphy.com/media/kKdgdeuO2M08M/giphy.gif

Rainoffire
Jun 17, 2016, 06:46 AM
English PSO2 on PS4? Never happening, at least not within my lifespan.

Also, Am I the only one that prefers playing on my PS4 over my PC? Especially for PSO2, not that much of a masochist to deal with GG on my PC.

Sirius-91
Jun 17, 2016, 07:52 AM
English PSO2 on PS4? Never happening, at least not within my lifespan.

Also, Am I the only one that prefers playing on my PS4 over my PC? Especially for PSO2, not that much of a masochist to deal with GG on my PC.
Except when you have to deal with PSN maintenance that just so happens when there's no maint for pso2.

Rainoffire
Jun 17, 2016, 09:34 AM
If I recall, PSN scheduled maintenance is once a month. Usually 2-4 hours long. Barely an inconvenience.

There is a higher chance of Sega's own server going into emergency maintenance.

ashley50
Jun 17, 2016, 10:37 AM

Deal with GG? I've never had a single problem with GG since launch.

I'll assume that the GG problem is tweaker related?

TaigaUC
Jun 17, 2016, 11:42 AM
Gameguard just sucks in general. Doesn't stop the serious cheaters, but it used to block browsers and Media Player Classic.
Took them years to remove some of those.

Last time I had to update the PS4 version, the update was around 2gigs. Annoying.

Variant
Jun 17, 2016, 02:54 PM

It used to block Chrome because it ran in a sandbox by default.

It now will sometimes scan your /entire machine/ for ACT, so if you play FFXIV and use it, sucks to be you.

Let's not forget that it installs a driver and removes it every time you start and stop PSO2, which for some people causes their machine to hang for a few seconds while it happens.

GG is uh, just really a piece of shit that doesn't even do what it's supposed to.

EvilMag
Jun 17, 2016, 02:58 PM
Judging from what I've seen, Sony's system seems a hell a lot better than Sega's garbage launcher when it comes to patching. That's another reason I'd almost go for PS4 over PC.

wohdin
Jun 17, 2016, 03:10 PM
Judging from what I've seen, Sony's system seems a hell a lot better than Sega's garbage launcher when it comes to patching. That's another reason I'd almost go for PS4 over PC.

Well yeah, an integrated, optimized, closed custom platform is always going to be more stable and less finicky than a Windows launcher that tries to do a million things at once to try to compensate for a million different hypothetical situations, none of which are ever really applicable (*cough* GameGuard). The fact that PS4 is a closed system is why that version doesn't even need GG.

Rainoffire
Jun 17, 2016, 04:55 PM

I do not use tweaker, just vanilla PSO2. The problem is GG has a problem with everything else on my PC...

Last time I had to update the PS4 version, the update was around 2gigs. Annoying.

Last time I tried to update PSO2 on PC, it wanted to redownload the entire game again, 35+gigs...

Imagine GG on PS4.

Do not give them ideas

You must remove the following applications before playing ファンタシースターオンライン2:
-Playstation Network

SteveCZ
Jun 17, 2016, 09:17 PM
Do not give them ideas

They are already lurking on your PS4, you just don't know it yet. :rolleyes:

Vintasticvin
Jun 21, 2016, 12:42 PM
Everything is fine n dandy on psn til fucking Lizard Lick kills onlinePsn for the summer =[