Fan Link Facebook: Coming Soon
Fan Link Nico Nico 1: Coming Soon
Fan Link Nico Nico 2: Coming Soon
Fan Link Nico Nico 3: Coming Soon

Topics

Recap about latest informations (Video)
Informations about August updates.
Details about new field "Las Vegas".
Let's see the secret of "Silver Wings" Rideroid!
More details about the PSO2es 1.5m Downloads Celebration.
Informations about a new collaboration.
Live Stage from music Youkoso ARKS (Sachiko Kobayashi). The Beat Mario (Composer) will tell the story behind the music production.
Details of the ARCS Festival 2016.
Live Gameplay on new field "Las Vegas".
New Challenge for Ichitaro.
Corner of ARKS Publicity Squad-NT & Dark Falz Girls
Corner of Questions and Answers (If you are interested on sending a question, be sure to participate via PSO2's Official Twitter hashtag. Don't send a question on English)

Maulcun
Jul 8, 2016, 07:01 AM
update [07/08]

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 8, 2016, 07:38 AM
When's ep4 ending?

NephyrisX
Jul 8, 2016, 08:03 AM
Inb4 yet another EP4 hate circlejerk.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 8, 2016, 08:22 AM
Inb4 yet another EP4 hate circlejerk.

I don't need a circle!

Poyonche
Jul 8, 2016, 08:22 AM
"Are you planning to release Ultimate Amduscia ?"

Keilyn
Jul 8, 2016, 08:43 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWR4Ow6WwAAu3Jx.jpg

Date: July 17, 2016

Time: 20:00 ~ 23:00 JST

Automatic conversion time : http://goo.gl/F1bJrm

Official Link Nico Nico: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv268868089
Fan Link YouTube 1: Coming Soon
Fan Link YouTube 2: Coming Soon
Fan Link Twitch: Coming Soon
Fan Link Facebook: Coming Soon
Fan Link Nico Nico 1: Coming Soon
Fan Link Nico Nico 2: Coming Soon
Fan Link Nico Nico 3: Coming Soon

Topics

Recap about latest informations (Video)
Informations about August updates.
Details about new field "Las Vegas".
Let's see the secret of "Silver Wings" Rideroid!
More details about the PSO2es 1.5m Downloads Celebration.
Informations about a new collaboration.
Live Stage from music Youkoso ARKS (Sachiko Kobayashi). The Beat Mario (Composer) will tell the story behind the music production.
Details of the ARCS Festival 2016.
Live Gameplay on new field "Las Vegas".
New Challenge for Ichitaro.
Corner of ARKS Publicity Squad & Dark Falz Girls
Corner of Questions and Answers (If you are interested on sending a question, be sure to participate via PSO2's Official Twitter hashtag. Don't send a question on English)

Feels kind of useless...
A lot of promotion though for a game that is mostly non-permanent updates or gated content behind EQs. Of course there will be plenty of scratches. Also, really 1.5 million downloads? That is pretty weak actually. You take all the download number for all the Angry Birds games and you end up with 3 Billion downloads... ( http://www.forbes.com/sites/andyrobertson/2015/07/16/angry-birds-2/#19fdf9612084 )

How about a Wikipedia list of downloaded apps on android? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_downloaded_Android_applications
Celebrating 1.5m downloads of PSO2es when they have a full PC game along with a full PS4 game, and not to forget the VITA version to me feels like the number should be much higher.

I would like to know how many of those 1.5m are actually non-japanese players who download it just to charge AC on it. :) At least on steam they put achievements as automatic, so we can see how many people actually beat the first mission of a game. For example, take Hyperdimension Neptunia (the first game) as an example... :) Though that existed on console before steam, one can look at Global Statistics of all achievements.

Steam Global Statistics for Hyperdimension Neptunia (as an example)
[spoiler-box]
The first three are:

...and the story begins (Start the game) 85.5%
First Battle (First the first Battle) 75.6%
First Quest (Cleared your first quest) 56%...

Want something more stellar?

Chapter 1 Clear 51.6%
Chapter 2 Clear 31.9%

In short, more than 2/3rds of the players who bought the game on steam were too bored or turned off to make it beyond chapter 2. Less than 15% of the players actually saw the normal ending to the game...
[/spoiler-box]

Activity is more important than subscriber base or download count.
Remember that PSO2 is F2P and supported by a full game on three other platforms...
1.5 million is horrible...

FireswordRus
Jul 8, 2016, 08:45 AM
Mirrors
https://gaming.youtube.com/c/Fireuniverse/live
https://www.twitch.tv/fireswordmrm

NoobSpectre
Jul 8, 2016, 08:59 AM
I think the gamers that test the field will get rekted either intentionally or not.

Probably former, because... I didn't see any real success from them yet.

Poyonche
Jul 8, 2016, 09:34 AM
I think the gamers that test the field will get rekted either intentionally or not.

Probably former, because... I didn't see any real success from them yet.

They succeeded in failing TD4. :wacko:

Enforcer MKV
Jul 8, 2016, 10:12 AM
Information about a new collaboration.

Would like a Gundam collab with decent looking rifle camos plx.

A man refrigerator can dream, dammit!

Altiea
Jul 8, 2016, 10:52 AM
Feels kind of useless...
A lot of promotion though for a game that is mostly non-permanent updates or gated content behind EQs. Of course there will be plenty of scratches. Also, really 1.5 million downloads? That is pretty weak actually. You take all the download number for all the Angry Birds games and you end up with 3 Billion downloads... ( http://www.forbes.com/sites/andyrobertson/2015/07/16/angry-birds-2/#19fdf9612084 )

How about a Wikipedia list of downloaded apps on android? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_downloaded_Android_applications
Celebrating 1.5m downloads of PSO2es when they have a full PC game along with a full PS4 game, and not to forget the VITA version to me feels like the number should be much higher.

I would like to know how many of those 1.5m are actually non-japanese players who download it just to charge AC on it. :) At least on steam they put achievements as automatic, so we can see how many people actually beat the first mission of a game. For example, take Hyperdimension Neptunia (the first game) as an example... :) Though that existed on console before steam, one can look at Global Statistics of all achievements.

Steam Global Statistics for Hyperdimension Neptunia (as an example)

The first three are:

...and the story begins (Start the game) 85.5%
First Battle (First the first Battle) 75.6%
First Quest (Cleared your first quest) 56%...

Want something more stellar?

Chapter 1 Clear 51.6%
Chapter 2 Clear 31.9%

In short, more than 2/3rds of the players who bought the game on steam were too bored or turned off to make it beyond chapter 2. Less than 15% of the players actually saw the normal ending to the game...
[/spoiler-box]

Activity is more important than subscriber base or download count.
Remember that PSO2 is F2P and supported by a full game on three other platforms...
1.5 million is horrible...

It's like the FFXIV vs. PSO2 problem. International presence vs limited presence, brand name recognition vs.... less brand name recognition. How many more people are aware of FFXIV/Angry Birds/"insert popular thing here" as opposed to the Phantasy Star name? PSO2 has done a decent job in making new gamers aware of the Phantasy Star franchise, but even then, because its presence is in Japan, it's not going to be as popular. I'm not saying 1.5m is a great number, but it's okay for a companion app to a primarily Japanese game with almost no global presence.

Also, as a side note, anyone who plays any HDN game to the end is either already a fan of the series or is willing to trudge through the mediocre gameplay to watch all of the [S]implied yuri cutscenes. Not finishing an HDN game is nothing new.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 8, 2016, 11:39 AM
Also, as a side note, anyone who plays any HDN game to the end is either already a fan of the series or is willing to trudge through the mediocre gameplay to watch all of the implied yuri cutscenes. Not finishing an HDN game is nothing new.

HDN is...?

AsinineWaffle
Jul 8, 2016, 11:40 AM
Hyperdimension Neptunia I'm assuming.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 8, 2016, 11:44 AM
Oh that. Right...

Altiea
Jul 8, 2016, 03:11 PM
It's basically the fan abbreviation. You aren't actually gonna type out "Hyperdimension Neptunia" every time you want to say the game's title, are you? Like how we say SU/BR instead of saying "Summoner/Braver" every damn time.

Keilyn
Jul 8, 2016, 04:55 PM
It's like the FFXIV vs. PSO2 problem. International presence vs limited presence, brand name recognition vs.... less brand name recognition. How many more people are aware of FFXIV/Angry Birds/"insert popular thing here" as opposed to the Phantasy Star name? PSO2 has done a decent job in making new gamers aware of the Phantasy Star franchise, but even then, because its presence is in Japan, it's not going to be as popular. I'm not saying 1.5m is a great number, but it's okay for a companion app to a primarily Japanese game with almost no global presence.

Also, as a side note, anyone who plays any HDN game to the end is either already a fan of the series or is willing to trudge through the mediocre gameplay to watch all of the implied yuri cutscenes. Not finishing an HDN game is nothing new.

My point about Neptunia
[spoiler-box]
That's my point... :)
You say anyone...acting like the game is that mediocre.
I play HDN (just the JRPGs, not the hack and slash action games) because of the video game humor that really goes back 20 - 30 years and I understand it because I actually have been playing games for that long.

Your example illustrates not in any bad way how those who don't view a game as popular (or might be against it) simply act. :)
There was even a HDN collaboration in PSO2 you know.... as more sales exist in that game franchise than Phantasy Star, and I've been to several anime conventions as a cosplayer and I've always ran into a HDN cosplayer doing the Planeptune girls or the CPUs themselves. I have never ever seen any person do Phantasy Star in any convention live. In fact all I have actually seen are online pictures of Nei and Rika off the beaten path being cosplayed. I am actually working on a Phantasy Star Cosplay with a group of eight people for a future convention with weapon props and everything...

If you look at Steam, there are groups for Neptunia because that game is sold internationally, unlike Phantasy Star Online 2 which is Japan-Only. SEGA chose that role for themselves and have to deal with the consequences. A lot of players in PSO-2 are cosplayers of characters in other series or anime to stay in the game while less and less actually try to work on an original costume look.

One of the best things to PSO-2 is actually the fashion thread in this forum.

The sad part is that HDN is one of the few all-original series to start in 2010 and really spread out this decade.

At the end of the day, for every one person that knows about the existence of PSO-2, chances are there are 10 - 100+ people who know about the existence of HDN, because the developer did what SEGA could not... actually spread their game out across the world.

I don't care for a Western PSO-2 release given the track record of SEGA, but I have the right to treat others based on their actions and as a consequence, I can say that outside of the four or maybe five forums that know about PSO-2, that nobody cares![/spoiler-box]

In regards to PSO-2
[spoiler-box]SEGA's choices are the reason the game is not popular.
Pure and Simple....

We are talking about a game where the developer tries to make content for 12 when they can't even make anything decent for 4. Even more is the fact that as far as Photon Arts and Techs go, there is no concept of Global Cooldown or Local Cooldown times on the strongest attacks in the game. They can be spammed endlessly. One of the reason Cooldown timers exist on the strongest abilities in games is to prevent from spamming them and factoring them into strategy around a build.

In b4 people start saying PSO-2 is so different due to charge attacks, combat system, etc..

Games have caught up to PSO-2 and pushed way beyond it. The formula that was PSO-1 was in a small group of games during its time like RYL-1 that was pure action combat with FPS controls. Today, there are pure action combat games like Black Desert Online that is in Korea, Japan, Russia as F2P and North America and Europe as B2P. The game retains the Locked-Race, Locked-Gender, Locked-Class system that was PSO-1 and when one plays Female Samurai (Maehwa) it becomes clear that this class is "Braver done right" and the class itself does less damage than the male version (Musa) but it will shut down the male version in PvP. The game has a pretty good group of people who concurrently log in considering it is the most demanding MMORPG ever made for a PC. I run the game on SLI and its amazing I only paid $30 for the game a while back.

PSO-2s combat system is really all about trying to min-max between a Base Number (Attack Power) and Multipliers (obtained from Skill Trees, Just Attacks, and Potentials). Lazy people love the system because they are ignorant about better systems out there that have emerged which actually force players to take better responsibility for their actions. In a lot of action-combat games that are persistent (and please don't talk to me about Tab-Targeting Games as PSO-2 Auto-Aims some weapons and techs, and thanks to rings, now more weapons Auto-Aim/Auto-Home on PA use...) the player has to make choices that upon failure will end up killing the party, while PSO-2s choices are quite simple through the constant community-message "If you aren't playing the classes with the highest DPS, you shouldn't be playing at all" and we call that a "Good Game."

..and don't get me started about Summoner Pre-XH, that is pretty much SEGA saying "Here is your Free Win on a handheld!!!" Considering a pastime I have developed in PSO-2 is actually playing Summoner and recording when "I take my first hit from a monster, first hit from a boss monster, and first death from a boss monster" and my latest run has been.... First hit from a Monster, Level 39. First hit from a Boss Monster, Level 54. First Death from a Boss, Level 75.

The best thing PSO-2 has going for itself is its collaborations, which exist to actually tell their own population that there are better games out there and rather than spend $30 - $100 scratching on costumes, that its better to just spend some time buying the collaboration game, play it, and be exposed always to something that has a higher quality, more popularity, and a more interesting story than PSO-2 considering its story to me is one of its weak points; though if this game was popular, it wouldn't need to have its thunder stolen through every single one of its collaborations and could just function stand-alone... :) I mean shit... SEGA spends more time trying to plan how to Money-Sink the community through collaborations than working on permanent content...

Its ignorance that has people believe that in 15 years since the existence of PSO-1 that action-combat outside of the PSO franchise does not exist, and only a delusional mind will continue believing in ignorance considering more games exist than fingers on my hands that have action-combat systems, that its not even funny. Amazing that no one here has compiled a list of the action-combat style games in different genres considering many people in this forum use VPNs. You would be surprised if you actually decided to look. :)

I've been playing plenty of them for the last three years
which is why I chose to not care about winning in PSO2,
since compared to other games out there, while the graphics update and characters are amazing
everything else in PSO-2 is average to mediocre at best... ^_^

Seriously,
If people actually did the math and knew about the market that forms gaming today and its total playerbase, one can easily figure out that PSO-1 had a much bigger market for the gaming population that existed in its time than PSO-2s penetration into today's gaming market.

I only play PSO-2 today simply because of some people I met in-game who I like who are on my Skype. If those people did not exist, I would not be playing today. I do like my characters, but I won't let people hold me back from getting the gaming experience that I deserve. So I play when people want me to play or I feel like something decent exists...I play because its nice to be online and share a game with a friend,

...but from what I've seen, especially from many hardcore players out there and some casuals....
Gamers deserve a HELL of a lot better than this, and they aren't getting it... :( and that is not fair..
[/spoiler-box]

The Cosplay Factor (Personal Opinion)
[spoiler-box]
Interesting thing was that in Anime Boston, normally I see Cosplayers who do WoW, however when I was there I managed to see a BDO cosplay group along with another group that actually did Aion. I am one of those people who judges how popular something truly is by seeing how far its fanbase is willing to go as far as cosplays go. RWBY was extremely popular this year... :) Usually the series that get cosplayed in the U.S are the ones where one has access to localized game versions, and usually appear on Netflix, CrunchyRoll, and Cartoon Network.

This year there was a Lunar The Silvar Star Cosplay group, which was done rather well.
Most Interesting Costume to me was a girl who did Ms. Pac-Man, but it was completely made out of balloons!

The reason I don't judge the idea of setting up VPNs to play a Region-Blocked Game with an English Patch made independently as true commitment to a game anymore is simply because this is how it is in MANY Region Blocked games around the world. There is always a region-blocked game that I like and I can always bypass Region Block and be served an English-Patch of some kind. One time I went to one of the less popular conventions. In New England, Anime-Boston is the Largest Anime Convention of the year in our area, and I learned that people are more daring in less popular conventions....

I saw someone who did Lota from Scarlet Blade. Went up to her... and I said "You know, she is like a grown up Sentinel" and she was like "oh wow, someone who actually knows who I am." I said "I tried all of them, but liked Medic. Always wished Lota was playable.. Hell, we all did" and she said it was one of her favorite games ever. Its amazing how many girls played that Hentai-themed MMORPG....It had such a killer story too that it actually holds memories to me. Too bad the North American game servers closed down, long live Enocia and everyone's gathering spot at the giant piano with working keys...Definitely will miss gathering in Turnpike and CF'ing players to death

CF'ing (Clusterfucking)
[spoiler-box]Scarlet Blade had an item in which players could use and would hit six targets for damage. The damage was based on the health and defense power of the enemy player. If a player used this around enemy groups that had low health and it killed three to six players, the community referred it as getting clusterfucked. It was common place to bring in 20 - 30 of them in high stakes PvP[/spoiler-box]

Its amazing how the one place one actually sees a PSO franchise cosplay the most is during SEGA's own Thanks Festa Conventions....which to me doesn't count...
[/spoiler-box]

The funniest thing to PSO-2 Cosplays...
[spoiler-box]
It costs less to get the fabric and work in teams of four to make each costume than scratching for everything in-game at times...
The hard part is in making costumes that would make walking hard in actually work, along with costumes that have too much going on be functional.

The other thing is that a lot of costumes when done right look far more sexualized than most of the other costumes that are on the convention floor since some are a mixture of fancy + sexual + a weapon. Dot Hack had it similar to anyone who cosplay Shino or Atoli. Though I like it when I see the male characters cosplayed from dot hack. Those aren't so easy to do....

Weapon Props are not hard for me...
Though its harder for me to choose how "real" I want to make something and hope it goes through peacebonding...
*remembers that seven-foot wide Sniper Rifle for a certain costume a cosplayer kept carrying around*

Though if there was a wish I wanted granted in cosplay....
It would be to see a slugfest between Rappies and Chocobos... :)
But that is just me... :P

Revenge of the Rappy Ninja vs Red Chocobos and their damned meteors!
Surprised the planet is still intact and in one piece.

Though the next anime-Boston theme is Retro, so there is a going to be a lot of attempts at people recreating their childhoods in Cosplay.[/spoiler-box]

Altiea
Jul 8, 2016, 05:42 PM
sniiiiip

I might be willing to trudge through a four page essay if I wasn't on hold with authorization for like, twenty minutes. But I'm tired, so no dice.

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 8, 2016, 10:11 PM
My point about Neptunia
[spoiler-box]
That's my point... :)
You say anyone...acting like the game is that mediocre.
I play HDN (just the JRPGs, not the hack and slash action games) because of the video game humor that really goes back 20 - 30 years and I understand it because I actually have been playing games for that long.

Your example illustrates not in any bad way how those who don't view a game as popular (or might be against it) simply act. :)
There was even a HDN collaboration in PSO2 you know.... as more sales exist in that game franchise than Phantasy Star, and I've been to several anime conventions as a cosplayer and I've always ran into a HDN cosplayer doing the Planeptune girls or the CPUs themselves. I have never ever seen any person do Phantasy Star in any convention live. In fact all I have actually seen are online pictures of Nei and Rika off the beaten path being cosplayed. I am actually working on a Phantasy Star Cosplay with a group of eight people for a future convention with weapon props and everything...

If you look at Steam, there are groups for Neptunia because that game is sold internationally, unlike Phantasy Star Online 2 which is Japan-Only. SEGA chose that role for themselves and have to deal with the consequences. A lot of players in PSO-2 are cosplayers of characters in other series or anime to stay in the game while less and less actually try to work on an original costume look.

One of the best things to PSO-2 is actually the fashion thread in this forum.

The sad part is that HDN is one of the few all-original series to start in 2010 and really spread out this decade.

At the end of the day, for every one person that knows about the existence of PSO-2, chances are there are 10 - 100+ people who know about the existence of HDN, because the developer did what SEGA could not... actually spread their game out across the world.

I don't care for a Western PSO-2 release given the track record of SEGA, but I have the right to treat others based on their actions and as a consequence, I can say that outside of the four or maybe five forums that know about PSO-2, that nobody cares![/spoiler-box]

In regards to PSO-2
[spoiler-box]SEGA's choices are the reason the game is not popular.
Pure and Simple....

We are talking about a game where the developer tries to make content for 12 when they can't even make anything decent for 4. Even more is the fact that as far as Photon Arts and Techs go, there is no concept of Global Cooldown or Local Cooldown times on the strongest attacks in the game. They can be spammed endlessly. One of the reason Cooldown timers exist on the strongest abilities in games is to prevent from spamming them and factoring them into strategy around a build.

In b4 people start saying PSO-2 is so different due to charge attacks, combat system, etc..

Games have caught up to PSO-2 and pushed way beyond it. The formula that was PSO-1 was in a small group of games during its time like RYL-1 that was pure action combat with FPS controls. Today, there are pure action combat games like Black Desert Online that is in Korea, Japan, Russia as F2P and North America and Europe as B2P. The game retains the Locked-Race, Locked-Gender, Locked-Class system that was PSO-1 and when one plays Female Samurai (Maehwa) it becomes clear that this class is "Braver done right" and the class itself does less damage than the male version (Musa) but it will shut down the male version in PvP. The game has a pretty good group of people who concurrently log in considering it is the most demanding MMORPG ever made for a PC. I run the game on SLI and its amazing I only paid $30 for the game a while back.

PSO-2s combat system is really all about trying to min-max between a Base Number (Attack Power) and Multipliers (obtained from Skill Trees, Just Attacks, and Potentials). Lazy people love the system because they are ignorant about better systems out there that have emerged which actually force players to take better responsibility for their actions. In a lot of action-combat games that are persistent (and please don't talk to me about Tab-Targeting Games as PSO-2 Auto-Aims some weapons and techs, and thanks to rings, now more weapons Auto-Aim/Auto-Home on PA use...) the player has to make choices that upon failure will end up killing the party, while PSO-2s choices are quite simple through the constant community-message "If you aren't playing the classes with the highest DPS, you shouldn't be playing at all" and we call that a "Good Game."

..and don't get me started about Summoner Pre-XH, that is pretty much SEGA saying "Here is your Free Win on a handheld!!!" Considering a pastime I have developed in PSO-2 is actually playing Summoner and recording when "I take my first hit from a monster, first hit from a boss monster, and first death from a boss monster" and my latest run has been.... First hit from a Monster, Level 39. First hit from a Boss Monster, Level 54. First Death from a Boss, Level 75.

The best thing PSO-2 has going for itself is its collaborations, which exist to actually tell their own population that there are better games out there and rather than spend $30 - $100 scratching on costumes, that its better to just spend some time buying the collaboration game, play it, and be exposed always to something that has a higher quality, more popularity, and a more interesting story than PSO-2 considering its story to me is one of its weak points; though if this game was popular, it wouldn't need to have its thunder stolen through every single one of its collaborations and could just function stand-alone... :) I mean shit... SEGA spends more time trying to plan how to Money-Sink the community through collaborations than working on permanent content...

Its ignorance that has people believe that in 15 years since the existence of PSO-1 that action-combat outside of the PSO franchise does not exist, and only a delusional mind will continue believing in ignorance considering more games exist than fingers on my hands that have action-combat systems, that its not even funny. Amazing that no one here has compiled a list of the action-combat style games in different genres considering many people in this forum use VPNs. You would be surprised if you actually decided to look. :)

I've been playing plenty of them for the last three years
which is why I chose to not care about winning in PSO2,
since compared to other games out there, while the graphics update and characters are amazing
everything else in PSO-2 is average to mediocre at best... ^_^

Seriously,
If people actually did the math and knew about the market that forms gaming today and its total playerbase, one can easily figure out that PSO-1 had a much bigger market for the gaming population that existed in its time than PSO-2s penetration into today's gaming market.

I only play PSO-2 today simply because of some people I met in-game who I like who are on my Skype. If those people did not exist, I would not be playing today. I do like my characters, but I won't let people hold me back from getting the gaming experience that I deserve. So I play when people want me to play or I feel like something decent exists...I play because its nice to be online and share a game with a friend,

...but from what I've seen, especially from many hardcore players out there and some casuals....
Gamers deserve a HELL of a lot better than this, and they aren't getting it... :( and that is not fair..
[/spoiler-box]

The Cosplay Factor (Personal Opinion)
[spoiler-box]
Interesting thing was that in Anime Boston, normally I see Cosplayers who do WoW, however when I was there I managed to see a BDO cosplay group along with another group that actually did Aion. I am one of those people who judges how popular something truly is by seeing how far its fanbase is willing to go as far as cosplays go. RWBY was extremely popular this year... :) Usually the series that get cosplayed in the U.S are the ones where one has access to localized game versions, and usually appear on Netflix, CrunchyRoll, and Cartoon Network.

This year there was a Lunar The Silvar Star Cosplay group, which was done rather well.
Most Interesting Costume to me was a girl who did Ms. Pac-Man, but it was completely made out of balloons!

The reason I don't judge the idea of setting up VPNs to play a Region-Blocked Game with an English Patch made independently as true commitment to a game anymore is simply because this is how it is in MANY Region Blocked games around the world. There is always a region-blocked game that I like and I can always bypass Region Block and be served an English-Patch of some kind. One time I went to one of the less popular conventions. In New England, Anime-Boston is the Largest Anime Convention of the year in our area, and I learned that people are more daring in less popular conventions....

I saw someone who did Lota from Scarlet Blade. Went up to her... and I said "You know, she is like a grown up Sentinel" and she was like "oh wow, someone who actually knows who I am." I said "I tried all of them, but liked Medic. Always wished Lota was playable.. Hell, we all did" and she said it was one of her favorite games ever. Its amazing how many girls played that Hentai-themed MMORPG....It had such a killer story too that it actually holds memories to me. Too bad the North American game servers closed down, long live Enocia and everyone's gathering spot at the giant piano with working keys...Definitely will miss gathering in Turnpike and CF'ing players to death

CF'ing (Clusterfucking)
[spoiler-box]Scarlet Blade had an item in which players could use and would hit six targets for damage. The damage was based on the health and defense power of the enemy player. If a player used this around enemy groups that had low health and it killed three to six players, the community referred it as getting clusterfucked. It was common place to bring in 20 - 30 of them in high stakes PvP[/spoiler-box]

Its amazing how the one place one actually sees a PSO franchise cosplay the most is during SEGA's own Thanks Festa Conventions....which to me doesn't count...
[/spoiler-box]

The funniest thing to PSO-2 Cosplays...
[spoiler-box]
It costs less to get the fabric and work in teams of four to make each costume than scratching for everything in-game at times...
The hard part is in making costumes that would make walking hard in actually work, along with costumes that have too much going on be functional.

The other thing is that a lot of costumes when done right look far more sexualized than most of the other costumes that are on the convention floor since some are a mixture of fancy + sexual + a weapon. Dot Hack had it similar to anyone who cosplay Shino or Atoli. Though I like it when I see the male characters cosplayed from dot hack. Those aren't so easy to do....

Weapon Props are not hard for me...
Though its harder for me to choose how "real" I want to make something and hope it goes through peacebonding...
*remembers that seven-foot wide Sniper Rifle for a certain costume a cosplayer kept carrying around*

Though if there was a wish I wanted granted in cosplay....
It would be to see a slugfest between Rappies and Chocobos... :)
But that is just me... :P

Revenge of the Rappy Ninja vs Red Chocobos and their damned meteors!
Surprised the planet is still intact and in one piece.

Though the next anime-Boston theme is Retro, so there is a going to be a lot of attempts at people recreating their childhoods in Cosplay.[/spoiler-box]
Who the shit reads all of this?

lostinseganet
Jul 9, 2016, 12:28 AM
I don't need a circle! ok THAT made me more than smile :)

Dammy
Jul 9, 2016, 01:29 AM
When's ep4 ending?

wefwq
Jul 9, 2016, 03:03 AM
When's ep4 ending?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 9, 2016, 03:06 AM
When's ep4 ending?

When's ep4 ending?

When's ep4 ending?

When's ep4 ending?

SteveCZ
Jul 9, 2016, 03:21 AM
When's ep4 ending?

Kintama
Jul 9, 2016, 05:45 AM
I'm not sure if it was asked ye but when's episode 4 ending?

Selphea
Jul 9, 2016, 06:15 AM
When's ep5 starting?

nguuuquaaa
Jul 9, 2016, 06:21 AM
Huh, we are at ep4? I though for sure we are at ep 3.5 or sort.

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 9, 2016, 06:27 AM
When are they confirming we're going to Algol for the 30th anniversary?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 9, 2016, 07:25 AM
When's mahvel?

sasagi.jp
Jul 9, 2016, 08:56 AM
6.Informations about a new collaboration.

Maybe, phantasy star universe collabo.
collabo content, PSU 10 anniversary items.
http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2015/11/151130a

This time of the live broadcast, there are two big information.

spoiler box → unimplemented enemy

[spoiler-box]"phantom enemy UFO"
It seems that it is new EQ boss enemy in Vegas.
December update information, I think that it be published in TGS2016 sega booth live.

"phantom enemy laplace and maxwell"
It is thought that this is a product of Photoner.
[/spoiler-box]

gabor100
Jul 9, 2016, 09:31 AM
When's Matoi comming back?

Poyonche
Jul 9, 2016, 10:03 AM

^This, Hitsugi sucks.

Meteor Weapon
Jul 9, 2016, 01:30 PM

I don't, I'm not willing to read a wall of text inserted with real life self-philosophical opinion that has near zero sense/relation with the issue.

loafhero
Jul 9, 2016, 11:14 PM

I'm actually impressed that they didn't bring Matoi back (for now) considering how much more popular she is (based on popularity polls). Right from the start of EP4, the first sets of returning NPCs were Io, Katori and Lisa who are all amongst the most popular NPCs in the game and SEGA has often given these characters more attention than what was necessary.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 9, 2016, 11:55 PM
I'm actually impressed that they didn't bring Matoi back (for now) considering how much more popular she is (based on popularity polls). Right from the start of EP4, the first sets of returning NPCs were Io, Katori and Lisa who are all amongst the most popular NPCs in the game and SEGA has often given these characters more attention than what was necessary.

Matoi should come back, sure, but I'd argue they don't give lobby npcs enough attention.

Their writers and VAs went through the effort of giving these characters a personality, and implied backgrounds (Revelle is a big example of that), and yet they're used for comedic relief at best, CO dispensers at worst (again, Revelle). Hell, we're likely not going to see more of Melrondia until EP4 dies in a fire. Should'ave made an anime out of them, their backgrounds, and their own adventures in arks. I would actually watch it, and I wouldn't mind them not getting much more attention in game if we had that (and more importantly, the anime and EP4 we have now probably wouldn't exist).

Sure they have no relevance to EP4's crap story for the most part, but overall, I'd say they need more attention since they're characters with some personality that people like, but are for the most part neglected.

Did Revelle survive a darker attack that left her with that scar over her eye, and that passionate hatred of darkers which is abnormal even for arks? What is it that keeps Katori in arks of her own will? She likes Saga? Life at home not the best despite talking, and acting like rich girl ojou-san minus the laugh? Is she actually rich? These questions will probably be answered never.

Altiea
Jul 10, 2016, 12:37 AM
Matoi should come back, sure, but I'd argue they don't give lobby npcs enough attention.

Their writers and VAs went through the effort of giving these characters a personality, and implied backgrounds (Revelle is a big example of that), and yet they're used for comedic relief at best, CO dispensers at worst (again, Revelle). Hell, we're likely not going to see more of Melrondia until EP4 dies in a fire. Should'ave made an anime out of them, their backgrounds, and their own adventures in arks. I would actually watch it, and I wouldn't mind them not getting much more attention in game if we had that (and more importantly, the anime and EP4 we have now probably wouldn't exist).

Sure they have no relevance to EP4's crap story for the most part, but overall, I'd say they need more attention since they're characters with some personality that people like, but are for the most part neglected.

Did Revelle survive a darker attack that left her with that scar over her eye, and that passionate hatred of darkers which is abnormal even for arks? What is it that keeps Katori in arks of her own will? She likes Saga? Life at home not the best despite talking, and acting like rich girl ojou-san minus the laugh? Is she actually rich? These questions will probably be answered never.

They have a Side Stories novel. But no one cares about that, right?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 10, 2016, 12:44 AM

My point still stands: should have pulled a fate stay night and made an anime out of it instead of the crap we have now.

Altiea
Jul 10, 2016, 12:47 AM
My point still stands: should have pulled a fate stay night and made an anime out of it instead of the crap we have now.

They should make another Side Stories first. I don't understand why they only did EP1 to EP2 then stopped.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 10, 2016, 01:13 AM

*Raises hand*

It's really not that long a post, in the scheme of things.

Keilyn
Jul 10, 2016, 01:44 AM
They have characters...
...and they clearly do not know what to do with them... :(

loafhero
Jul 10, 2016, 02:42 AM

Agreed. The lobby NPCs don't get enough attention and the attention they do get isn't particularly focused on what's actually interesting about them. For example, Azanami being Regius's only known student (and founding the Braver class on her own), Klotho's source of income, Lisa's past, etc. The random blue matter nodes are mostly just the NPCs giving exposition or just talking about stuff when it would've been more interesting if the random blue matter nodes consisted of chained short side stories that tells something about the NPC instead of the NPCs giving the player mostly useless information.

I would have preferred an anime/manga spin off that uses an episodic format that gives different NPCs temporary main protagonist roles. Definitely prefer it to be a comedy with bits of drama mixed in as the designs of the characters are too inherently "fun" to be taken seriously but being a comedy doesn't automatically mean it can't tell a good story (i.e. Gintama). Plus, even though the story isn't completely serious, I do feel like it has a persistent stick up its ass.

Pretty sure its not so much that people don't care but more so because the Side Stories novel isn't easily accessible (no English translation).

Meteor Weapon
Jul 10, 2016, 04:04 AM
Story Board was a mistake.

Keilyn
Jul 10, 2016, 05:48 AM
Agreed. The lobby NPCs don't get enough attention and the attention they do get isn't particularly focused on what's actually interesting about them. For example, Azanami being Regius's only known student (and founding the Braver class on her own), Klotho's source of income, Lisa's past, etc. The random blue matter nodes are mostly just the NPCs giving exposition or just talking about stuff when it would've been more interesting if the random blue matter nodes consisted of chained short side stories that tells something about the NPC instead of the NPCs giving the player mostly useless information.

I would have preferred an anime/manga spin off that uses an episodic format that gives different NPCs temporary main protagonist roles. Definitely prefer it to be a comedy with bits of drama mixed in as the designs of the characters are too inherently "fun" to be taken seriously but being a comedy doesn't automatically mean it can't tell a good story (i.e. Gintama). Plus, even though the story isn't completely serious, I do feel like it has a persistent stick up its ass.

Pretty sure its not so much that people don't care but more so because the Side Stories novel isn't easily accessible (no English translation).

Play Phantasy Star IV (End of the Millenium) and then compare that storytelling to PSO-2 Story Telling... and you will feel just how hard the mighty and epic have fallen!

gabor100
Jul 10, 2016, 06:16 AM
Does anyone have that Side Stories novel? Does it have info/pictures about the cast making process?

loafhero
Jul 10, 2016, 07:18 AM
Story Board was a mistake.

How so? I thought people hated the Matter Board for forcing them to collect specific drops to progress to the next cutscene and Story quest. Story Board just gets rid of that and gives you the cutscenes straight away.

Altiea
Jul 10, 2016, 09:29 AM
Does anyone have that Side Stories novel? Does it have info/pictures about the cast making process?

I do. It does not, unfortunately. It's more of a "one-shot scenario" collection of short stories, like how Io became a Braver, more Patty and Tiea shenanigans, Lisa and Fourier's expedition to Lillipa, and probably the most interesting one, how Zeno trained to become a Council member while he was away.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 10, 2016, 09:36 AM
I do. It does not, unfortunately. It's more of a "one-shot scenario" collection of short stories, like how Io became a Braver, more Patty and Tiea shenanigans, Lisa and Fourier's expedition to Lillipa, and probably the most interesting one, how Zeno trained to become a Council member while he was away.

Need moar.

Alot moar.

Keilyn
Jul 10, 2016, 09:54 AM
People hated the Matter Board because of how convoluted it was to unlock each thing. Story Board is the opposite and they are amazing things for putting down storyboard concept, but not for presenting through a game. The formula for RPGs has usually been that players move around the world because they are progressing through the world and its story. The story board is the only indicator of a story through PSO-2, and to reflect it all, there are times where one sees five to eight cute scenes and no action. When we do see action, its ridiculously easy....and more annoying to get through...

I understand that a lot of scenes at one point were "Lets all get to know Hitsugi" scenes at one point, but what about all of these characters that exist everywhere else in the game? Practically every single NPC in every part of the game is a character.

Usually I put stuff in spoilers, allowing people to skip if they don't want to read....So here is my spoiler box on two games that I liked the story, but also had A LOT OF TEXT...and I MEAN TONS OF TEXT...(there are spoilers in here)
[spoiler-box]Game #1: Xenogears: This game was the textbook definition of Wall Of Text, but I forgave that because I just loved the way this story came together. The first disk was all about the characters, while the second disk was all about how the world survived after Solaris was destroyed, and how all of those secrets we learned about in disk 1, even as far as the introduction of the game came together and how it built up to that ending series of boss fights. The game kept players going from place to place and progression was everywhere...

Game #2: Megadimension Neptunia: This JRPG series about a girls ruling nations which personify consoles with an endless array of humor understood by those who have been around in games for at least 20 years just keeps getting better. This series is known for making players go through 3 - 7 scenes before being sent through a dungeon just to watch more scenes. I understood from the very beginning that Neptunia was more about telling a story and a little less about trying to dominate with its gaming mechanics, which all have to do with the story.... However, the latest game truly had the best writing out of the JRPG series of games. This writing means that one has to spend a lot of time actually sitting down and reading as the story develops. By a lot, I mean anywhere from 4 - 8 scenes before entering another dungeon in which inside one will go through at least two or three scenes each.

Both of these games have us learn a lot about the world the characters live in and give us a story around that world. Xenogears was the more serious of the two, and of course the Xenosaga series of games were walls of text too, but I loved them....Neptunia is a gem in the sense that by the end of the game we know about each character and the evolution of the characters carries over from game to game. Its fun to see when the characters joke about events in previous game (Nepgear suffering from DBZ-Syndrone as described by Blanc in the third game... all the way to the breast joke that very few people even understood.

Breast Joke Below (might as well explain the joke since most forumboards are wrong)
[spoiler-box]Eventually the girls have their breasts compared as its usual in anime for that to happen. Across forums, people think that is just an anime-story type thing that happens in hentai and ecchi, but one of the girls speaks about an upgrade and the girls wonder about their breast size. People who played the game were confused as to why that was even there.....Why confuse upgrading with development and growth?

The truth is that Hyperdimension Neptunia was not the first idea about using girls to personify hardware. In the early 2000s and up, there was a place called Futaba and 2channel. The same 2ch people speak about here....where like 4chan, people posted a lot of edited images and fan-made images-turned comics to make fun of stuff. Eventually a collaboration was made among two people who took the idea to create a world that was ruled by personified operating Systems.

This was the world of "Troubled Windows"

The story to Troubled Windows (as I read all of the comics) was that the Mac OS Girls were sent to hunt down the protagonist at the time, named 95-tan, with an aim to kill her, but they could never search for her accurately (due to how MAC OS was slow and bad at searching for files), and 95-Tan was light on her feet and always carried a Katana around, while being one step above the Mac-OS Girls. This was told from 95-tan's point of view as she was explaining to ME-TAN, and 2000-Tan why to not trust the Mac OS girls. They OS-Girls were excited to meet a new OS girl coming in for the first time, it was XP-Tan..

The first thing they noticed was that XP-Tan's breast were pretty big, bigger than ME-Tan's breast. 95-Tan was nearly flat-chested, and 2000-Tan had smaller breast. Its the same formula that exists in Hyperdimension Neptunia between the four CPU girls, where Blanc is nearly flat-chested and provocative (gets angry quick just like 95-Tan), while 2000-Tan is extremely dependable and tries to finish everything on time, just like Noire is; ME-TAN who is lovable, adorable, but usually witty and can't do anything on her own without any help.... Just like Neptune; and finally, you have XP-Tan who is like Vert who speaks a language at times the other three can't understand and at times the three wondered if Vert was all looks, same with the OS-Girls towards XP-Tan... and even so...both would handle tasks that were not understood by the others (new and different technology and game genres). By character design, both girls (Vert and XP-Tan) were made to be prettier than useful...

The joke was that breast-size of the characters were used to measure bloatware of a system along with system memory itself. They speak of upgrades themselves because XP-Tan once got a memory upgrade and her breast grew in size. The comic became a lot of shorts that were Tech-Jokes told through comics about oddities and things found in the OS World that only people involved in computers would really know about. Eventually the Linux-Girls came along and a large-breasted girl popped up, and it had turned out that in order to compete with XP-Tan, a certain Linux-OS girl went through a complete transformation (who she called a Total Upgrade) in order to become as pretty as XP-Tan.

This is what was meant about total upgrades...

This was making fun of the fact there was a build of Linux called Debian. The word Debian came from the creator using the first three letters of his girlfriend's name and the three letters of his name to make the word Debian. However Debian was based off SLS and Slackware. When Murdock created Debian, his build was pretty stable and it became a build that had little bloatware and anyone good enough could work with. I loved Slackware and Debian due to their freedom, but then....

(now comes in the Total Upgrade + Full Transformation joke)

An age came where GUIs were being developed.
Several people decided to use unstable-release versions of Debian Linux, and then make a few million changes to Debian, slap a GUI to it, and out came Ubuntu Linux... One of the most Bloatware versions of Linux ever made (by Linux Standards)... A Complete and Utter Transformation from Pure Efficiency to Pure Garbage, just so that the general public could finally run a Linux OS in order to say they are different and cool from Windows Users. Funny part is that it still is better than Windows, but compared to other Linux Builds, Ubuntu is "Linux for Dummies."

That OS-Girl has an outgoing personality while the other Linux OS girls stay behind the shadows unless people come to them, which was done intentionally to reflect that Ubuntu Linux was about trying to make a mainstream Linux distribution, and so when people say Linux, most of the public that knows anything about it would usually start by mentioning Ubuntu.

Ubuntu was launched in the Era of Windows XP and was meant to directly compete with XP being an aging operating system at the time.

[/spoiler-box]
[/spoiler-box]

The thing to the games (and joke) I mentioned is that they are like reading books. That is how much text they have. Starting over means treating the game like a book and having the patience to read through it all over again. I don't have the patience to read everything again if it doesn't lead to anything....and this happens in almost every game I have to skip through everything when all I want is to be able to raise my new characters and skip everything... :(

loafhero
Jul 10, 2016, 09:58 AM
Need moar.

Alot moar.

Well, there's this drama CD that came along with the latest soundtrack (the one featuring Katori on the cover):

[SPOILER-BOX]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6XtUkXWo0M[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgbSTJiFFgM[/SPOILER-BOX]

Altiea
Jul 10, 2016, 12:19 PM
Well, there's this drama CD that came along with the latest soundtrack (the one featuring Katori on the cover):

[SPOILER-BOX]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6XtUkXWo0M[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgbSTJiFFgM[/SPOILER-BOX]

Every Song Festival has those mini-dramas, that just happens to be the ones currently uploaded. The canonity of those can also be called into question, since in Song Fes 1, Io and Gettemhart appear at the same time.

Also, thanks for supporting my uploads!

Meteor Weapon
Jul 10, 2016, 03:03 PM
How so? I thought people hated the Matter Board for forcing them to collect specific drops to progress to the next cutscene and Story quest. Story Board just gets rid of that and gives you the cutscenes straight away.

While it was a better system than it's predecessor, it feels lacking in content.

TaigaUC
Jul 10, 2016, 03:15 PM
Go play PSO1. That's how you tell a good story.

In PSO1 you get actual client orders of all kinds, like go find a missing guy, escort someone without them using too many healing items. Stuff like that.
On the way, you'd often unveil bits and pieces about the world environment, the characters, etc.
There were also message logs left behind that told the story.

In PSO2, you just get "go kill some shit" or "get a high rank in some quest". There's no story there.
The story is almost entirely told through lengthy cutscenes that mostly consist of NPCs standing there flapping gums.
Not to mention that PSO2's story is generally vastly inferior to 1's.

Most modern games tell story by playing audio of NPC conversations while you're forced to travel from point A to B.
Even that is more interesting than just watching NPCs stand there flapping gums.

Altiea
Jul 10, 2016, 03:44 PM
I personally believe that PSO2's story is held back by being too character driven without fleshing out the characters that well. From my experiences with the series, the story was equal parts character and world driven by developing the characters in such a way that makes you believe that the world felt "alive". EP1 tried to do that, but they seem to never have struck a balance, since the world-building was very heavy handed but pretty much everyone you met who wasn't named "Zeno" was a completely flat character who could only be defined by basic personality traits. EP2 onward tried to shift the balance, but went too far in the other direction and gave us better characters, but world-building grinded to a near-halt to the point where locales became almost interchangable unless the plot demanded certain characters be present.

sparab
Jul 16, 2016, 03:13 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://blog-imgs-96.fc2.com/h/o/l/holnblog/sa.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

I don't care about next update.

But bump for Sachiko raid.

TaigaUC
Jul 16, 2016, 05:31 PM
@Altiea
That's only one of many problems that lots of people have identified and often complained about.
I think at this point it's been established that the scenario writer is a bit of a hack, so we shouldn't waste anymore time discussing them.

Zyrusticae
Jul 16, 2016, 06:30 PM
The canonity of those can also be called into question, since in Song Fes 1, Io and Gettemhart appear at the same time.

Io was retconned into existence by time traveling shenanigans, so Io and Gettemhart meeting is hardly out of the question.

Timey wimey bullshit makes all sorts of things possible.

Meteor Weapon
Jul 16, 2016, 08:43 PM
Is there anything to expect in this broadcast other than

- not so amazing new city map
-girls screaming kawaii kowai kowai nani nani nani
-new live stage that should've been talk about in the last broadcast
-another possible amazing/boring collab
-PSO2 anime dvd that not many people really care.

show Ultimate Amduscia damnit.

Xaeris
Jul 16, 2016, 08:53 PM
Io was retconned into existence by time traveling shenanigans, so Io and Gettemhart meeting is hardly out of the question.

...Man, I really need to go back and play story mode with English patches.

Selphea
Jul 16, 2016, 09:30 PM
If the last field had collection stones and collection files are supposed to replace stones, does that mean Vegas is going to have a collection file? :O

SteveCZ
Jul 16, 2016, 10:38 PM
Looking forward for the statue of liberty's torch as weapon, and beat that liberty statue with that torch.

Xaeris
Jul 16, 2016, 10:54 PM
It's a long shot, but I could go for an American Flag as a spear.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 16, 2016, 11:26 PM

Most of us have been waiting for UQ in general followed by its CS Sheets etc. No fucks about a new concert unless your a fan of Sachiko's work (which obviously majority of the Eng player base doesn't know who she even is).

Ya another collab we most likely won't want (more Fate loli bs or some obscure anime). Items being shown in Dvd's so i can just go buy the Dvd and sell it back to someone who actually "wants" to buy the Dvd (or just wait till theyre all out and sell it at once idk, the anime sucked either way)

Vegas field will be fun for the first week and then possibly die off outside farming for the CS's and stones (maybe they wont do these). However the Ride Roid "hype" or reveal or w/e is pretty stupid because it will just be Tokyo's boost rings cept your either locked on a set course to one building to another or if we're lucky we can ride it all over the place freely. Either way, its a pointless vehicle to excited for

If the last field had collection stones and collection files are supposed to replace stones, does that mean Vegas is going to have a collection file? :O
It's pretty obvious it will have CS's to get/keep people playing, Sega's trends are genuinely easy to catch so ya

Aside from those, I'm still waiting on new UQ's, I'm still waiting for new weps for each class (cuz adding R/T class was too much), waiting on new Pa's/Techs, waiting for new Race (dont care if Beasts again but something completely unexpected is always better, wont happen soon though or at all), waiting on BO to be buffed/fixed (lol 4 JB Pa' still), waiting for good incentives to do CM (besides boredom), waiting for Sega to make Eggs outside 13* being bound to SU only. Ehh out of idea's

TaigaUC
Jul 17, 2016, 02:18 AM
I'm at a point where I really cannot imagine SEGA being capable of announcing anything that would excite me.
I guess I'd like to see a ton of new bosses and a boss mode, or maybe a Dark Soulsy mode that doesn't involve killing tons of pointless trash.

Their AC scratches have been so hit and miss, too. Maybe every 2-3 months, there'll be a scratch with one or two things I really want.
Which I guess isn't so bad because I haven't been playing enough to earn back the money I waste on layerwear and hairstyles.

Dammy
Jul 17, 2016, 05:51 AM
is it starting in like 10 mins ?

I'm at a point where I really cannot imagine SEGA being capable of announcing anything that would excite me.

this

Poyonche
Jul 17, 2016, 05:51 AM
We are all expecting Ult Amduscia as surprise teaser, but we all know that it will be a story thing just like with Dark Falz Double last year. :wacko:

Poyonche
Jul 17, 2016, 06:01 AM
May the broadcast... STARTS !

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 17, 2016, 06:03 AM
I'm already getting a mild pain in my head from those girls voices + feedback xD

Poyonche
Jul 17, 2016, 06:15 AM
Sega undergoing an emergency maintenance during their broadcast because of 8-bit sound. :wacko:

Sizustar
Jul 17, 2016, 06:35 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnkELeFVIAA6snn.jpg

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 17, 2016, 06:37 AM
I need that swimsuit basewear in my life.

Poyonche
Jul 17, 2016, 06:39 AM
That new apostle, able to block el famoso MC. :wacko:

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 17, 2016, 06:41 AM
I'd like more human-sized bosses with the ability to troll like that.

TaigaUC
Jul 17, 2016, 06:42 AM
Those are some really ugly swimsuits.
But it looks like the old ones will become able to be used in layering. That's what I wanted.

Godzilla suit looks like it'll be good for some laughs.

Sizustar
Jul 17, 2016, 06:43 AM
I need that swimsuit basewear in my life.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnkHMNGUAAoJOoV.jpg

Goukezitsu
Jul 17, 2016, 06:47 AM
Godzilla Collab
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KzjGnYECpQ

Las Vegas Update Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mg2HYlINZk

TaigaUC
Jul 17, 2016, 06:49 AM
Great, Lucario pet.

Ass Guide scratch.

Xaeris
Jul 17, 2016, 06:51 AM
Oh, finally, an upgrade for my wing tats.

I can't quite figure out how to pronounce new apostle's name (フアレグ), so I'm just gonna call her Femme Aizen. I like Femme Aizen's outfit, I want one. Please be AC and not SG.

Poyonche
Jul 17, 2016, 06:56 AM
Oh my bad, we actually dodged the apostle, she didn't block us.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 17, 2016, 06:58 AM
Rings for Ra.

When's Br's turn for decent rings?

TaigaUC
Jul 17, 2016, 06:59 AM
Uhh. Going by the shadows, it looks like the Y shirt is painted onto the chest instead of stretching the fabric.
Or very tightly tucked under the chest. What the hell.

Goukezitsu
Jul 17, 2016, 07:04 AM
Las Vegas Update Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=912f9jI4U9I

PSO2es Summer Update
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFE8c6WekNc

New Live Concert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NnJW7lCbSM

Arks Festival 2016 Items
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRB_eYW-hzw

2nd Live Concert Song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2ExY3ru-cM

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 17, 2016, 07:07 AM
Is there such thing as too much oppai? Gene's swimsuit chip might have been it.

Xaeris
Jul 17, 2016, 07:15 AM
I dunno who they think they're fooling when they make male weaponoids.

The rideroids or w/e they were called seem interesting. The Independence Day rip off was especially cool, I'll be looking forward to giving that a go.

arkeido
Jul 17, 2016, 07:16 AM
Them rings

http://puu.sh/q4BhT/1ce1020914.jpg
L/
Bullet bow homing
JB elemental keep
Standing sign
A launcher mode
Short mirage
Wand E(lemental) Change
Mate Lovers

R/
J Reversal Cover

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 17, 2016, 07:19 AM
Bullet bow homing, huh. Probably just heat-seeking normals.

Still sounds better than both katana rings.

But wand elemental change? That sounds like a godsend.

Xaeris
Jul 17, 2016, 07:22 AM
"Short Mirage"

Hey, you know what Force needed? More options. They're just so lacking in tools, you know?

nguuuquaaa
Jul 17, 2016, 07:29 AM
Wand E(lemental) Change

I don't have to sell my house for a rainbow palette anymore? :o

Xaelouse
Jul 17, 2016, 07:32 AM
Kind of a shot in the foot to people who did rainbow wand and boots, but w/e at least that's fixed now
Meanwhile, DBs still need rainbow

SteveCZ
Jul 17, 2016, 07:32 AM
The rings are interesting.

Xaeris
Jul 17, 2016, 07:34 AM
I'm sure there's a catch. You don't want your wand changing to wind after every Zanverse, do you?

I wonder what Mate Lovers does. It's a L ring, so I doubt it simulates any existing skills (read: it's not Automate for FI subs). I'm guessing it just increases the potency of a mate, but that doesn't seem worth anyone's L ring slot. (You'll take my Front Roll off my cold, dry corpse.)

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 17, 2016, 07:36 AM
Kind of a shot in the foot to people who did rainbow wand and boots

Why would people make rainbow boots?

Suplin
Jul 17, 2016, 07:37 AM
Kind of a shot in the foot to people who did rainbow wand and boots, but w/e at least that's fixed now
Meanwhile, DBs still need rainbow

I would say break stance which is supposed to be targeted towards db should be brought up to par at least enough to encourage using it over ele stance

TaigaUC
Jul 17, 2016, 07:37 AM
I thought the God Hand Weaponoid looked cool. Unlike the actual weapon.

Not much point to Short Mirage if you just use that jump trick to make it shorter.

Xaelouse
Jul 17, 2016, 07:38 AM
Why would people make rainbow boots?

strike gust + vinto kills your element after every rotation, and it's melee JB's strongest combo. It was complained about a lot on swiki recently

TehCubey
Jul 17, 2016, 07:43 AM
In addition to Automate, there is also Braver's Quick Mate. The L ring could be simulating that.

You know what I'm unexpectedly really looking forward to? The Godzilla collab destructible city room good. Shame it's probably going to be a reward for rolling on the AC scratch.

TaigaUC
Jul 17, 2016, 07:47 AM
The destructible city thing is already in the game, right? I never tried it myself.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 17, 2016, 07:48 AM
I would say break stance which is supposed to be targeted towards db should be brought up to par at least enough to encourage using it over ele stance

Break stance/SD bonus has several things wrong with it.

-mainclass only
-DB only
-not effected by the up skill
-doesn't need to exist

There should have been +10% damage to non-breakable parts, effected by the up skill, and lower the values of all break stance boosting potentials so it doesn't get nuts.

The destructible city thing is already in the game, right? I never tried it myself.

Yes.

loafhero
Jul 17, 2016, 07:49 AM
I admit, that cutscene of Playa-chan dodging that Gothic Apostle lady's OP handchop at close-range was quite a badass cutscene... too bad it came at the expense of making Playa-chan look like a weakling in the process but at least it sort of addresses the criticisms in the Episode 4 discussion about how the 5 Apostles calling Playa-chan weak coming off as being all talk and no show.

Happy to see Patty and Tia eventually making their return in cutscenes.

Looks like the Bridge is slowly growing with more NPCs to add to the "Bridge" family. Hopefully, if Matoi ever does come back, she gets a permanent spot in the Bridge.

Godzilla collab is okay, I guess. I mean, I really do like the Godzilla franchise but still.

Looks like there'll be something of a racing minigame of sorts with the Rideroids. I've said before about how the speed boosts in the Tokyo map should have opened up the possibility of a racing minigame so I'm pretty pleased that Rideroids are being used just for that. The alien mothership event looks like a pretty awesome way of using the Rideroids in a more deadly situation.

I'm also rather pleased with the design of the new Lucario-like Summoner Pet. I'm sure plenty of others have complained before about Summoner pets looking too cute so its nice that we're getting a modestly cool-looking Pet.

And considering how meeting Azanami at the start of EP1 was possible, I guess Playa-chan's time travelling shenanigans is also responsible for bringing the Braver class into existence.

Xaelouse
Jul 17, 2016, 08:01 AM
At the same time, if you already have rainbows, you can use the L ring slot for something else anyway.

Meteor Weapon
Jul 17, 2016, 08:01 AM
P-chan not armed still looks awkward as hell, they could at least put an effort and have him/her equip that damned Coat Doublis

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 17, 2016, 08:02 AM
Not going to watch this performance, sorry.

TehCubey
Jul 17, 2016, 08:05 AM
So the city we have ingame is already destructible? I never tried it out, so I wouldn't know.

Regarding Player-chan: at least it's Enga-nii's attack which was no-sold. As far as we know for now, Player-chan as usual stands to the side and does nothing of importance. Can't job if you didn't fight, at least.

We'll see how it goes. Phalge looks hot, at least. Ha ha, pun.

Tenlade
Jul 17, 2016, 08:06 AM
I'm sure there's a catch. You don't want your wand changing to wind after every Zanverse, do you?

i don't really know how it works with jetboots since there's the shift action for zanverse, but there's nothing more annoying then the fact that a fully charged zondeel changes the boots to lightning.

If they dont fix that i could see it turning off a lot of people for the wand ring.

Meteor Weapon
Jul 17, 2016, 08:09 AM
In my headcanon, P-chan is too lazy to show off or give too much care with anything on Earth and just went along with it. Luther come back plz we need you, we know you're still somewhere in Double's/PD's Stomach

loafhero
Jul 17, 2016, 08:12 AM
P-chan not armed still looks awkward as hell, they could at least put an effort and have him/her equip that damned Coat Doublis

Yeah, seriously. Their being half-assed about whether Playa-chan should be armed with the Coat Doublis or not. One moment we have Playa-chan looking properly armed for the situation and then in another moment we have him/her being back to looking like an unarmed wimp.

Anyway, seeing that alien mothership attack event brings some hope to me of getting space battles in the future.

Poyonche
Jul 17, 2016, 08:16 AM
Stupid Hitsugi have a badass katana.
Zeno V.2 Failed Edition have some nice mechguns.
Player-chan have nothing.

TehCubey
Jul 17, 2016, 08:20 AM
Player-chan doesn't need anything more than bare hands to put the likes of Hagito or Bethor in their place.

The alien mothership is obviously an Independence Day reference, but is the demon trailer a Duel reference? Good job Sega if it is. You can do something right every once in a while

Selphea
Jul 17, 2016, 08:21 AM
Plot power buff incoming? Hitsugi and Al will buff Player-chan with the power of FRIENDSHIP!

SteveCZ
Jul 17, 2016, 08:22 AM
basewear shirt from that godzilla scratch is LOVE. :blush:

loafhero
Jul 17, 2016, 08:23 AM

And a nice suit too... what a douche.

Player-chan doesn't need anything more than bare hands to put the likes of Hagito or Bethor in their place.

Yeah, but Hagito and Bethor were pathetically weak in direct combat in the first place so that's not saying much. This new Apostle lady actually seems like a genuine threat.

Lostbob117
Jul 17, 2016, 08:24 AM
http://i.imgur.com/eY5pHqt.png

Meteor Weapon
Jul 17, 2016, 08:30 AM
Plot power buff incoming? Hitsugi and Al will buff Player-chan with the power of FRIENDSHIP!

Good lord please I don't even want Player-Chan using the same crap Itsuki used to "defeat" Full Form Apprentice. MC having connection with PD, Negative Photon Absorption ability and time travelling(probably subconciously because Persona was using it all the time)

Zanverse
Jul 17, 2016, 08:31 AM
I have a feeling the final teaser trailer at the end of the stream will be for Ultimate Amduscia or a new Phantom raid boss.

NephyrisX
Jul 17, 2016, 08:32 AM
I just want Player-Chan to showcase his/her badassness. I mean, FFS, she was involved in all three DF boss battles and is the primary reason why PD was defeated.

Poyonche
Jul 17, 2016, 08:35 AM
I just want Player-Chan to showcase his/her badassness. I mean, FFS, she was involved in all three DF boss battles and is the primary reason why PD was defeated.

Yeah, I want Player-Chan to get some darker energy out of nowhere and punch Fire Apostle in the face with it so she would be "Nani nani nani I didn't know about that nani nani" just like the girls of the broadcast
Btw, i think the song that was datamined recently is for that apostle because Phaleg -> Faleg -> FG. :wacko:

On another note and little more serious : that truck boss riding over the players just came at the bad moment for french players... Can't blame SEGA though.

Meteor Weapon
Jul 17, 2016, 08:35 AM
They did make P-chan a badass by having him/her making a super hero landing and wiping out an entire army of Hagito's phantom. And then after a few nodes they just made him/her a wimp that does nothing at all.

final_attack
Jul 17, 2016, 08:53 AM
Player-chan have nothing.

Any SS for Zeno's looks + Mechguns? :D

MightyHarken
Jul 17, 2016, 09:05 AM
"Another Launcher Mode: Changes the trajectory of the launcher bullet to be that of a parabola." Sounds good, I wonder how it will work

Raujinn
Jul 17, 2016, 09:06 AM
Yall gonna be salty when it turns out each individual Mother Cluster Apostle is 12x as strong as Profound Darkness so they're right to say that player-chan is a weakling :wacko:

TheszNuts
Jul 17, 2016, 09:09 AM
"Another Launcher Mode: Changes the trajectory of the launcher bullet to be that of a parabola." Sounds good, I wonder how it will work
Parabola, so like PSU grenade lanuchers.

cheapgunner
Jul 17, 2016, 09:14 AM
Launcher mode sounds cool. Def. Gonna get that ring.

MightyHarken
Jul 17, 2016, 09:14 AM
Huh, just saw that in youtube, doesn't look very good lol, who knows how it will work. Depending on what effect the SS ring gives, I'll probably go with the launcher one. Still I will get and grind both for the lulz

sparab
Jul 17, 2016, 09:16 AM
Sachiko raid phrase 2 confirmed.

Zanverse
Jul 17, 2016, 09:17 AM
What the fuck was that...

D-Inferno
Jul 17, 2016, 09:19 AM
I feel like they're going to hold off as long as possible for the Ultimate Amduscia reveal (next broadcast may give PSU collab as teaser), obviously to avoid killing interest in 13*s.

Sora3100
Jul 17, 2016, 09:20 AM
I don't see why people hype Ult Amduscia, it's obvious it was canned since I'm guessing barantsion was supposed to go with it but instead it was tied to the old UQs.

Meteor Weapon
Jul 17, 2016, 09:21 AM
I don't see why people hype Ult Amduscia, it's obvious it was canned since I'm guessing barantsion was supposed to go with it but instead it was tied to the old UQs.

You didn't know about a few Ult Anmduscia stuff got datamined and updated did you?

Sora3100
Jul 17, 2016, 09:22 AM
I'm aware that it was datamined, but I'm not aware that it was updated at all.

nguuuquaaa
Jul 17, 2016, 09:23 AM
Parabola launcher seems not TPS-friendly. Or at least that's how it looks to me.
Standing sign........... Is it really necessary?

PokeminMaster
Jul 17, 2016, 09:23 AM
I'm pretty sure something called "ult_waker_beast" or the like showed up, right? which I believe has something to do with Anga?

Meteor Weapon
Jul 17, 2016, 09:24 AM
Yall gonna be salty when it turns out each individual Mother Cluster Apostle is 12x as strong as Profound Darkness so they're right to say that player-chan is a weakling :wacko:

Last I read, every Mother Brain thing from every other PS got brainwashed by a mere Dark Falz lol

Gwyndolin
Jul 17, 2016, 09:26 AM
I literally lmao at the "reveal" trailer. It was both the best troll ending to a broadcast they've done yet and simultaneously one of the most, if not flat out the most disappointing. Speechless!

TaigaUC
Jul 17, 2016, 10:23 AM
Ugh. I just had to get stuck in a multi with a ton of badly geared Techers.
I wonder how many people voted for PD knowing they die non stop at it.

oratank
Jul 17, 2016, 10:27 AM
too bad for multi ship player that don't have premade mpa on the first run lol

sparab
Jul 17, 2016, 10:33 AM
I literally lmao at the "reveal" trailer. It was both the best troll ending to a broadcast they've done yet and simultaneously one of the most, if not flat out the most disappointing. Speechless!

What your problem with sachiko sama shooting magatsu beam in the lobby?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 17, 2016, 10:37 AM

Ray, and austere.

Yamato got nothing on that.

TaigaUC
Jul 17, 2016, 11:01 AM
As if any of those ever drop anyway. Only 13 stars I've had drop from PD (original version) was an Invade Dagger. Fairly recent.
On super PD, all I've gotten so far is a stupid 13 star Sari. That's about it.
I'm fine with my Ideal, Taga and Seiga crap anyway.

I was tired as hell and went to nap before the EQ. Was there an actual reveal of something?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 17, 2016, 11:19 AM
Sachiko is magatsu.

TheszNuts
Jul 17, 2016, 11:27 AM

I beat you here, got stuck in a 40+ minute run where the majority of the players mindlessly attacked the head even during orb phases, all JP too.

Selphea
Jul 17, 2016, 11:30 AM
How do you guys manage to get into such terrible parties anyway o_o; Even my worst runs have never crossed 15 mins

Kazzi
Jul 17, 2016, 12:19 PM
Am I right in assuming those new 13* we saw enable ranged attacks on Jet boots and Wands similar to the Rod one from the skill tree? it looked like that from the video.

sparab
Jul 17, 2016, 12:26 PM
More like counter edge or tri impact zero.

And there is no telling whether the slash is strike or tech based.

isCasted
Jul 17, 2016, 12:44 PM
Standing Sign should be available in some non-intrusive way by default, it shouldn't take away a whole skill ring slot (even if there aren't many alternatives for that slot). It's not player's fault Standing Snipe mechanic is so convoluted.
Then again, players can use this ring as a training wheel to check their playstyles and then move on to a real one, which, admitteddly, is better than nothing when there's so much damage variance with a buttload of conditional multipliers, varying enemy DEF values and innate RNG... Still, things like Massive Bullet, Keep Roll Shoot and now this are merely workarounds and not solutions to actual issues with the class.

In other news, UFO stuff looks hillariously amazing and those basewears are gonna cost billions. Gene is still not back to her "title screen" looks (as in, no cool-looking armor thing that covers her boobs on default costume) and now... the situation is even worse. Seraphy, on the other hand... Hot dayum.

Pyrei
Jul 17, 2016, 01:03 PM
Hmm this update has a lot of little things that will be nice, homing arrow ring on bow users sounds great so my ra/br will finally have a left ring lol. The SG recycle shows at least a glimmer of hope for SG scratch cause yeah... cant do a thing with junk SG scratched stuff atm. The new pet actually looks good, might make a SU character for it later. Curious about a lot of things like the "independence day quest" is that gonna be an EQ or a regular quest? I think I saw a klotho CO for something 10000000(?) wonder what that is about, and that wand with the ranged hits... time to work on te/br again :D. Still tho, when the hell are they gonna work on BO again? its practically the forgotten class and its really starting to fall behind the rest of the classes both in PAs and in Skills (only in general that is...)

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 17, 2016, 01:05 PM
The hell is a BO? Is it a miserable little pile of secrets?

Poyonche
Jul 17, 2016, 01:10 PM
The new pet actually looks good

I might take my ol' good tact out of the storage just for it. :wacko:

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 17, 2016, 01:31 PM
That beachwear scratch is august 3rd, or 10th?

Standing Sign should be available in some non-intrusive way by default, it shouldn't take away a whole skill ring slot (even if there aren't many alternatives for that slot)..

It's almost like short combat ring all over again.

Really fucking hate SEGA's 'work for your game rebalances' bullshit.

Zorak000
Jul 17, 2016, 02:02 PM
https://pso2blog.wordpress.com/2016/07/17/44th-broadcast-writeup/

Q:武器迷彩を複数装備できるようになる?
A:元々武器迷彩自体がイレギュラーでしてシステム上難しいので今後も絶対にないです。

Q: Why can’t we have multiple weapon camos at once?

A: The original implementation of the weapon camo system was clumsy, so we can’t do this for now.

This is reminding a bit of the problem they had back in PSU when they wanted to expand the number of Photon Arts a character could learn but couldn’t due how the game was programmed. One day, Sega will learn how to do basic software engineering I’m sure…

Q:一括鑑定できるようにしてくれない?
A:前々から試行錯誤してまして、早くても年末や年明けになりそうです

Q: Is it possible you could allow for bulk weapon appraisal?

A: It’s something we’re currently doing a trial and error approach for, we may have something for the end of the year or early next year.

Nice to hear I guess, though I’m not sure how they’d handle the element portion unless people would be fine having bulk appraised weapons all having the same element. For the most part, I would be anyway.

Q:ラスベガス実装にともなってロケとか行かれたのですか?
A:行ってないですよ Googleストリートビューを元にしました

Q: Did you go to Las Vegas to do research for the new field?

A: No, we just used Google Street View.

Astounding.
yeah it looks like they are continuously fighting the base game engine since they decided to base this game out of PSU's code (which was also based out of PSOBB's code I think)

isCasted
Jul 17, 2016, 02:11 PM
This right here is a reason why update cycle is so slow - they build a codebase for an engine so bad it'd be faster to rewrite a whole game in Assembler.

Still, I knew it was bad, but they have to do trial and error to implement batch tekking? Fucking really?

ArcaneTechs
Jul 17, 2016, 02:26 PM
New swimwear is good and Vegas field looks like a lot of fun (a fun field is rare), got something to look forward to now. Absolutely staying away from those 13* Tech weps if the pot really is just giving that crappy air wave attack (if no dmg overall then no thanks, i dont need Rod Shoot on Wand/Jetboots).

New pet is actually cool and looks fun in terms of attacks, not fond of the design though but i'll still use it which means I can finally use SU for a bit again

Lol BO, still downhill

Godzilla Collab though unexpected, figured they do more Kaiju's but i guess not (King Ghidorah skinned Train Ghidora)

Standing Sign ring confuses me, why not fix it so its instantly activated the moment you are standing (or in one place) instead of waiting for what i remember reading 4 seconds? (less im sure). Should be a SN dmg bonus ring instead or something like 3% dmg or 5/10% pp reduct

Also add Jeane, Annette's and Serafi's swimwear to the game asap, game doesnt have enough

Xaelouse
Jul 17, 2016, 02:29 PM
BO is actually in a decent spot, just outshined by FO (who does everything better) and FI (which is actually intended so it's okay)

ArcaneTechs
Jul 17, 2016, 02:35 PM
BO is actually in a decent spot, just outshined by FO (who does everything better) and FI (which is actually intended so it's okay)
Fix JB's so they arent complete crap (probably what i mean is give it more useful PA's), DB's is all the class has going for it right now (your stationary boss 1mill+ Vinto doesnt mean a thing)

nguuuquaaa
Jul 17, 2016, 02:53 PM
Depend on how much the wave outputs, the wand could be usable somehow. More single target normal attack is always welcome.

Altiea
Jul 17, 2016, 02:53 PM
Fix JB's so they arent complete crap (probably what i mean is give it more useful PA's), DB's is all the class has going for it right now (your stationary boss 1mill+ Vinto doesnt mean a thing)

Explain to me what's wrong with JB right now? It's certainly not among the strongest weapon types, but it's certainly not bad right now.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 17, 2016, 02:59 PM
I like how we're going to have chat commands for quick swapping phashion, but afaik, we don't have chat commands for quick swapping rings.

Saffran
Jul 17, 2016, 03:06 PM
>Still, I knew it was bad, but they have to do trial and error to implement batch tekking? Fucking really?
Considering how the game works, it's probably trivial for a single player but a nightmare for 100k+ players.

TheszNuts
Jul 17, 2016, 03:07 PM
Klotho's new CO is collecting what appears to be ライティングポイント / lightning points x 1000000, for 10000 meseta, 35000, exp, and 3 lambdas.

Update: Its the points from Vegas.

isCasted
Jul 17, 2016, 03:30 PM
Considering how the game works, it's probably trivial for a single player but a nightmare for 100k+ players.

This shouldn't matter. Every player's actions are processed by exact same code. Each item has only one owner, so there's no need for additional synchronization between players or anything.

Anything that's related to creating instances for multiple concurrent clients is typically done in server's backend, whereas handling requests from each individual client is done in frontend - these are two different parts of server's codebase that only intersect in glue code ("middle-end") and never in places that do actual job.

With a decent framework it'd take changing, like, 10-15 lines of code (50 at the VERY most) here and there on a server side if you want to make it efficient (so processing 100 items at once would be significantly faster than processing them one by one 100 times); then some tweaks to UI on the client and then rewriting 10-15 lines of code to make it loop over all selected items. Lazy way would be merely changing client UI to support multiple selection and wrap code that sends request to a server into a loop (5? additional lines of code). And nothing else. Everything related to things like synchronization is wrapped into functions that will be called far down the line, on far lower abstraction layers, and those functions were already written because the game already works.

Superia
Jul 17, 2016, 03:55 PM
This shouldn't matter. Every player's actions are processed by exact same code. Each item has only one owner, so there's no need for additional synchronization between players or anything.

Anything that's related to creating instances for multiple concurrent clients is typically done in server's backend, whereas handling requests from each individual client is done in frontend - these are two different parts of server's codebase that only intersect in glue code ("middle-end") and never in places that do actual job.

With a decent framework it'd take changing, like, 10-15 lines of code (50 at the VERY most) here and there on a server side if you want to make it efficient (so processing 100 items at once would be significantly faster than processing them one by one 100 times); then some tweaks to UI on the client and then rewriting 10-15 lines of code to make it loop over all selected items. Lazy way would be merely changing client UI to support multiple selection and wrap code that sends request to a server into a loop (5? additional lines of code). And nothing else. Everything related to things like synchronization is wrapped into functions that will be called far down the line, on far lower abstraction layers, and those functions were already written because the game already works.

You (might) have missed the point here. The problem is not consistency among concurrent operations or basic machine logic, but that Sega has proved time and time again that they either use shockingly unoptimized code with interlocking parts that require them to change everything to change one thing, or unfit hardware (or both). Basically, it would make their pitiful server's heart explode. It is not true interdependency constraints that we expect to cause issues, but the artificial interdependency which Sega seems to have introduced at every turn. For instance:

What do chairs have to do with lag?
Why did multiple-affix search have so many delays?
Why would implementing CAST glide during attacks break the lobby action system?
What about the weapon camo system makes it so hard to have them switch to the applicable camouflage when you change weapons?
Why do weapon switching and camouflage switching require a response from the server even though all other checks are client-sided?

As for the game already working, I am of the opinion that it is doing so through basically magic, and that whenever Sega wants to add something, they have to pray to it rather than code it.

isCasted
Jul 17, 2016, 04:10 PM
Well, I got that point, hence "with a decent framework" part (that I didn't highlight well enough). It's clear that codebase of PSO2 is a mess and a lot of issues happen constantly. But this is a new low, and it's very low. Far below chair lagging, far below Zigmorde disconnections, far below bad client thing.

I merely provided an example on how it's usually done in an average project. It should never take more than 8 man-hours, even if that solution doesn't follow all the modern cool guidelines. I now struggle to understand how truly bad their codebase could be if a task that simple can take them that long.

As for "game working on magic"... There are bugs in Windows kernel - tens of thousands of them, actually. There are bugs in compilers. There are bugs in processor microcode, of all things. There are bugs in GPU drivers that get fixed when game developers demand, and there are also bugs in games that also get fixed by driver manufacturers! Yet, everything just works. Just how bad can this game's code be?

Tunga
Jul 17, 2016, 04:41 PM
Explain to me what's wrong with JB right now? It's certainly not among the strongest weapon types, but it's certainly not bad right now.

They lack better PA's and the ones do have, have long animation time. Outside mobbing, DBs just trash them (on second thought Zondeel + Jcrow is love <3 ).

More things:
- Stationary shift action resets gear (annoying)
- Vinto eats too much gear, causing it to reset element (dps loss and just stupid)
- Zondeel, Zanverse, Megiverse will switch its element. (stupid change)
- Switch strike main class only

Those are just off the top of my head.

gabor100
Jul 17, 2016, 05:20 PM
UFO, Godzilla, Sphinx, Statue of Liberty. Can we have Coppelion collab after those?

Who was waizing for layered bikini/swimsuit?

Layered Sexy Bikini Wear!
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Seaside-vacance.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mXyupD1.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]

Silva (http://www.bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Silva-Repca.jpg) and Jeane (http://www.bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Summer-Vacation-Jeane.jpg) are the only good "things" in this Recap.

TaigaUC
Jul 17, 2016, 05:24 PM
I saw them saying that crap about the weapon camo system. Sad as hell.
Don't remember hearing the others, I was busy and went to go lie down somewhere around that point.

Jet Boots are kinda... they seem relatively simple, but are more about dealing with the clunky implementation than anything else.
Although you could say a lot of PSO2 is like that. It probably accurately reflects their general approach, their coding, etc. They even said they originally scrapped Bouncer.
Clunky implementation falls into what people would call artificial difficulty, and most people don't find that fun.

I personally think Jet Boots has too few attacks, and they are all long winded and don't feel satisfying to use, outside of the Sieger kick.
Boots aren't really anything like I'd imagined it would be. If I was in charge I'm certain I could have made them much more interesting.
PSO2 in general doesn't have many kick attacks. ARKS have weak legs.

I beat you here, got stuck in a 40+ minute run where the majority of the players mindlessly attacked the head even during orb phases, all JP too.
Wow. Holy shit. Mine took 20 minutes. Only been in ~20 minute runs maybe twice before.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 17, 2016, 05:31 PM
ARKS have weak legs.

From years of stepping, ARKS should have left legs of steel.

TaigaUC
Jul 17, 2016, 05:36 PM
There's all the jump pad stuff too. And who knows what the gravity is like on the ARKS ships.
Maybe they all have weak muscles.

How do you guys manage to get into such terrible parties anyway o_o; Even my worst runs have never crossed 15 mins
The joys of random luck. The run I was in, it looked like there were 2-3 parties (looked like one consisted of two Techers), with not great gear.
One guy had Invade Wand +7 (lv2 latent) with 5 slot fancy full damage affixes, +10 Invade rear, +3 and +4 10 star arm and leg. No stamina, IIRC.
Another guy had an Ideal Wand at +10, with no latent. Sieg units at +10 at least, with 4-5 slots. Didn't see the affixes. Those two were JP players, I think.
I personally don't really like to bring Techer to PD because it's probably the least useful class. Someone else is almost always guaranteed to do buffs and Zanverse.
There was a Force that kept spamming Il Barta on Double. They had an Extended Red Talis at latent 3. Full blue wing set (again) at +10 with 4-5 affixes (didn't see which).
A Summoner with the Revolucio Tact +10 (that doesn't do anything, right?) and a mix of +10 Blisa and Ideal units with 3-4 slot full damage affixes. No idea if they were strong.
I remember seeing someone with a 30 element Austere, but forgot who it was. Possibly the Bouncer.

Nearly every single time PD attacked, about 5 people died. I only died once near the end of Double (it did the multiple charge a second time, got caught by the final charge).
Then I got tired of the suckiness and tried to speed up PD with Limit Break, which didn't work out too well. Still died far less than the others.
People were still dying repeatedly even with Arks Level 2, and maybe 3. At least one person died on Persona, too.

Second run was better. I don't think anybody died (Arks level 3), and the damage was decent. There was a WBer on second run. Still took around 15 minutes, though.
Both runs failed to break two Double towers before it "refreshed" them. Which seems to be pretty common if Double keeps running away at the start.

Golgotha
Jul 17, 2016, 05:54 PM
I feel like they're going to hold off as long as possible for the Ultimate Amduscia reveal (next broadcast may give PSU collab as teaser), obviously to avoid killing interest in 13*s.
Myeah, they're holding it off so much, that they do not plan Ult amd release at all. Essentially what was said is "we planned it not so long ago, but not anymore."

Source - broadcast #42, scroll until " 質問コーナー!" :
http://yucomia.com/housoukyoku-42/2/

There are also no recent plans for 14s, next difficulty or level cap in any nearing future as well, but this was said around the start of 2016, so maybe you could start hoping for information around the end of this year.
I'd consider expecting anything above mentioned, as a surprise or in any other form, a sort of masochistic trait.

Tunga
Jul 17, 2016, 05:54 PM
There's all the jump pad stuff too. And who knows what the gravity is like on the ARKS ships.

Arks lolis can send mobs flying with punches, I think they are fine.

TaigaUC
Jul 17, 2016, 05:57 PM
It's all in the arms.

Nobody does Ultimate anymore. They know Ult Amduscia wouldn't keep people's attention for long.
Especially when everyone has fancy 13 stars now. Ult Amduscia would probably be dead on arrival.
Most people only did Ult Nab and Ult Lilipa because they were originally the only two sets of 13 stars outside of Challenge.

If they ever implement it, it'll either be nothing like the other Ultimates, or will have some kind of unique fancy incentive, like 14 stars or something.

EvilMag
Jul 17, 2016, 05:59 PM
I get the feeling most people only want Ult Amduscia cause people want stuff to do that isn't EQs.

yoshiblue
Jul 17, 2016, 06:03 PM
I'm interested to see what sort of story will attached to it.

Golgotha
Jul 17, 2016, 06:12 PM
It's all in the arms.
Nobody does Ultimate anymore. They know Ult Amduscia wouldn't keep people's attention for long.
Especially when everyone has fancy 13 stars now. Ult Amduscia would probably be dead on arrival.
Most people only did Ult Nab and Ult Lilipa because they were originally the only two sets of 13 stars outside of Challenge.

There is no reason to add more than what is already enough.
Its not just about being lazy or incompetent, like what people like to roll on their tongues. Its common sense to not spend more than it requires.

Right now, ultimates are fairly well visited, presumably by people trying to complete Odin collection files. Once that will get out of hand, they might introduce orders for Arks league, or other collection files, or who knows what else. But only so much to keep it warm.

Hell, you can probably use expiration time on collection files as a time when something else could be introduced if the number of concurrently running lists is lacking.
But with las vegas being the next fat update batch, I would relax until November or something.

Meteor Weapon
Jul 17, 2016, 06:44 PM
Change how Ultimate works, like...seriously just make a boss room or something on both Nab and Lilipa. That alone would be nice enough for people who don't wanna rely on RNG for bosses to spawn or a fuckton of mobs causing chaos around it.

SteveCZ
Jul 17, 2016, 07:44 PM
No idea on why people saying UQ is dead. It's really not. Lol. Ship 2 only problem maybe. Right now there's this LQ replacing it for sure, but when it's out, some people are doing UQ again. Been like that ever since.

Raujinn
Jul 17, 2016, 08:16 PM
I could usually find a few people running Ult. Good thing about it is for a quickish run you can get away with like 3-5 people even if their gear is kinda bad.

Jay6
Jul 17, 2016, 08:32 PM
I guess I'm not the only one who thought the new pet looks like Lucario. When I first watched it, I just called it "Canadian Lucario" immediately. It has all the right colours to make it so.

Tunga
Jul 17, 2016, 08:46 PM
you can get away with like 3-5 people even if their gear is kinda bad.

Lat time i did a low man run with randoms, they got demolished by Leone and Leopard. iirc it was 6 player, 2 Te npcs.

Raujinn
Jul 17, 2016, 09:49 PM
I typically try to lead one of the cats off to solo it down. The pair on top of each other with respawning trash can get overwhelming with smaller groups depending on your comp yeh.

Altiea
Jul 17, 2016, 10:33 PM
I'm interested to see what sort of story will attached to it.

The story is concerned with staying on Earth at the moment, so if they wanted to do Ultimate Amduscia as a Story Quest, they'd pretty much have to divert the story and do like, some short side story that uses old characters.

Speaking of which, 3-EX was supposed to lead into EP4, right? What ever happened to that plot point? Did they just can it? Kinda dumb to play up Eucreta as important for one chapter and make an entirely new character to go with her and give her a superpowered Genesis weapon, then screw her out of screentime for half a year. It's like the chapter was constructed to lead into a potential plot point for EP4, but then the directors got switched.

Sgt. Sharina Wize
Jul 17, 2016, 10:54 PM
I guess I'm not the only one who thought the new pet looks like Lucario. When I first watched it, I just called it "Canadian Lucario" immediately. It has all the right colours to make it so.

I thought of it as a Delphox when I watch it for the first time.

Meteor Weapon
Jul 17, 2016, 10:56 PM
The most hilarious and questionably profound dumbness part was Eucreta didn't even got any role despite Apprentice being the main villain of the anime lol.

loafhero
Jul 17, 2016, 11:19 PM

ARKS ops can fall down ridiculous heights, whether its at the Shop area or the planets they visit, and never take any damage so I'd say ARKS ops are paragons of "don't skip leg day". Just look at the jumping feats Aika could do in the anime (which are impossible in the game). Of course, that could change with the upcoming Vegas map which features tall buildings and the Rideroids letting you fly high up in the sky.

Seeing the Godzilla collab makes me think of having Godzilla vs Magatsu but that's not likely cause all incarnations of Godzilla, especially the new ones, completely dwarf Magatsu unless Magatsu's true form that was never seen before is much bigger (going by the story, the Magatsu's we can currently fight are just its split essence that managed to escape at the last minute).

The new live concerts by Sachiko Kobayashi are okay. I do like the first song "Welcome ARKS" and find myself humming to the tune but the second one "Senbonzakura" is hard on the ears for me.

Dammy
Jul 18, 2016, 12:03 AM
I get the feeling most people only want Ult Amduscia cause people want stuff to do that isn't EQs.

exactly

TaigaUC
Jul 18, 2016, 10:58 AM
At least one commenter on the JP stream said "Lucario?" too.

I don't know about UQ now. I just know back whenever I needed to get discs and unlock the combination tech stuff, nobody was doing either Ult Lilipa nor Naberius.
I remember trying Nab after they nerfed it and it was still hard to find a group.

Selphea
Jul 18, 2016, 11:02 AM
Semi related note, what kind of specs are needed to stream at 4k 60fps with T6 + 8xAA 16xAF using Lavendy's bit + ReShade Bloom?

I haven't even dared to turn on Bloom on my current setup :wacko:

Tunga
Jul 18, 2016, 11:22 AM
I typically try to lead one of the cats off to solo it down. The pair on top of each other with respawning trash can get overwhelming with smaller groups depending on your comp yeh.

There were no trash mobs that time. The poor noobs got torn apart by Leone's missile spam :p

Lyrise
Jul 18, 2016, 11:51 AM
A little bit late, but here's the whole rip of the livestream.
[SPOILER-BOX]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7--HtKz31l8[/SPOILER-BOX]

Zyrusticae
Jul 18, 2016, 01:57 PM
Semi related note, what kind of specs are needed to stream at 4k 60fps with T6 + 8xAA 16xAF using Lavendy's bit + ReShade Bloom?

I haven't even dared to turn on Bloom on my current setup :wacko:
Good Intel CPU at 4 GHz (even an i5 2500k will suffice here) with two GTX 1070s in SLI will probably do the job. I will note that 4k + 8xAA is completely over-the-top ridiculous and you could probably get away with just going with 4k + some post-AA like FXAA or SMAA.

The game itself is not particularly demanding even post-T6.

Also, the bandwidth requirement to stream 4k resolution footage is completely impossible to get outside of Google Fiber or Verizon FIOS, at least here in the States.

D-Inferno
Jul 18, 2016, 02:41 PM
The reason Ultimate Amduscia is hyped is because it's 99% likely to introduce 14★ weapons, along with Lv90 enemies and a new difficulty (Lv cap to 80 likely too). Ultimate Amduscia could actually be entertaining if it gets a PSO1-like quest layout, instead of the roam for points BS. Sadly, this is wishful thinking, but I figure the "PS4 newbie" phase will pass eventually.

MightyHarken
Jul 18, 2016, 02:55 PM
Has anyone figured what the effect of SS ring is? God I hope it doesn't just show when SS is active.

Hrith
Jul 18, 2016, 03:08 PM
That's all the description says.

Rangers had no ring, so SEGA is like: here's a useless one!

Another Launcher Mode looks interesting, however.

Selphea
Jul 18, 2016, 03:36 PM
Good Intel CPU at 4 GHz (even an i5 2500k will suffice here) with two GTX 1070s in SLI will probably do the job. I will note that 4k + 8xAA is completely over-the-top ridiculous and you could probably get away with just going with 4k + some post-AA like FXAA or SMAA.

Also, the bandwidth requirement to stream 4k resolution footage is completely impossible to get outside of Google Fiber or Verizon FIOS, at least here in the States.

Whoops how'd this end up here instead of the T6 thread :p

But I guess the game isn't ready for Ult Amdu yet. Sega's been trying some radical things like WB jamming and now heal nerfing. They might be looking to test other new mechanics, perhaps even higher Zondeel resistance?

Pretty sure Ult Amdu will have WB jamming at the very least but there's also the question of what kind of rewards would fit a new UQ and be attractive next to collection files and free fields with 13*s like Tokyo.

Would be nice to have Platinia/dest/grimo drop there to craft sub 13* weapons up to Ideal ATK

Altiea
Jul 18, 2016, 04:07 PM
I figure Standing Sign would be good on Gunslash.

Shiyo
Jul 18, 2016, 04:31 PM
The reason Ultimate Amduscia is hyped is because it's 99% likely to introduce 14★ weapons, along with Lv90 enemies and a new difficulty (Lv cap to 80 likely too). Ultimate Amduscia could actually be entertaining if it gets a PSO1-like quest layout, instead of the roam for points BS. Sadly, this is wishful thinking, but I figure the "PS4 newbie" phase will pass eventually.

I don't like this because it makes the entire game current 80 end game underleveled and makes the other 2 ults beyond easy.

Cyber Meteor
Jul 18, 2016, 04:49 PM
Mmmmm, i saw some comments in the Youtube stream during the Q&A section, basically SEGA was asked if they planned to retouch the skill tree, and they said they won't retouch the skill trees anymore as long as not giving free skill pass anymore. So, it really seems that lvl 75 and level 80 will be here for the rest of EP4 and it would also means if any change needed to be done to skills, they'll do that via skill rings instead. But it would need confirmation from someone that understand what they said, as i don't reall speak japanese, so i'm relying on real time english comments i saw for that :razz:

D-Inferno
Jul 18, 2016, 05:15 PM
I don't like this because it makes the entire game current 80 end game underleveled and makes the other 2 ults beyond easy.

The other two ults are pretty old by now, so it's expected that Ult Amd will be "better" than them. And the next difficulty setting will probably come with it too. The game has to exit Lv75 cap and XH sometime; it's already nearing 2 years for that.

I wouldn't mind if some older content got large difficulty upgrades; such as older TDs with all Lv90 Yuga Darkers, with Zondeel resistance and WB jam (A Banish/Volg and Chain jammer would be nice too to avoid Br/Gu cheapskating on bosses).

There's a lot more things that would have to be done (nerf on many techs), but sadly I feel like Sega will find a way to fuck something up, and not focus gameplay. If only idiots would stop giving Sega undeserved cash for meaningless things.

Tunga
Jul 18, 2016, 05:53 PM
Would be nice if XH enemies scaled with the number of players. Like 12 people = lvl 90, 8 = lvl 85, 4 = lvl 80. But that's just a random thought.

Zyrusticae
Jul 18, 2016, 06:18 PM
The other two ults are pretty old by now, so it's expected that Ult Amd will be "better" than them. And the next difficulty setting will probably come with it too. The game has to exit Lv75 cap and XH sometime; it's already nearing 2 years for that.
That "sometime" will probably be Episode 5, if anything. Episode 4 is the PS4's initial release, so they're going to give them pleeeeeeenty of time to catch up before throwing in any more leveling content.

Shiyo
Jul 18, 2016, 06:25 PM

I wouldn't mind if some older content got large difficulty upgrades; such as older TDs with all Lv90 Yuga Darkers, with Zondeel resistance and WB jam (A Banish/Volg and Chain jammer would be nice too to avoid Br/Gu cheapskating on bosses).

There's a lot more things that would have to be done (nerf on many techs), but sadly I feel like Sega will find a way to fuck something up, and not focus gameplay. If only idiots would stop giving Sega undeserved cash for meaningless things.
I agree. I also really really really REALLY want the old XQ's to get upgraded to level 80+. It's so silly doing them now..

Sonichi
Jul 18, 2016, 06:29 PM
I agree. I also really really really REALLY want the old XQ's to get upgraded to level 80+. It's so silly doing them now..

XQs see significant stat nerfs compared to their actual-level counterparts in other quests. Same applies to the solo XQ. Add on the weakness modifiers etc and yeah, it becomes a real cakewalk.

This same kind of stat nerfing also applies to AQs.

Just as with XQs only getting updated every few years, I suspect UQ will be left to rot until they need to pull something out of the bag to fill a gap, like the solo XQ was.

Something to note about XH and Level Cap increases is Sakai is has stated before that he doesn't want the level cap getting too high, and that 75 is already a lot of levels, which is why we got the class cube system and SPCOs in the first place. We may see lv80, but I feel as though that will be the very very last level cap.

Rakurai
Jul 18, 2016, 08:36 PM
The new riding quest looks like it could be fun if there isn't a limit on how often you can do it.

We need more content that encourages playing well.

Selphea
Jul 18, 2016, 08:49 PM
Skill trees are in a delicate position right now. If they raise the level cap it might make things like penta element Fo possible (2x Fo element + 3x Te element) or full Slayer LB Fi, while other classes get little more than ATK Up 1 or for in the case of Bo, literally nothing useful.

NightfallG
Jul 18, 2016, 09:37 PM

I'm curious why you'd go with SLI for that. A single 1070 should max out most everything, certainly PSO2 with less power use and better thermals.

黒雪Yacchi
Jul 18, 2016, 09:48 PM
You can max PSo2 with a 960 (granted mine has 4GB video memory)

ArcaneTechs
Jul 18, 2016, 11:26 PM
Skill trees are in a delicate position right now. If they raise the level cap it might make things like penta element Fo possible (2x Fo element + 3x Te element) or full Slayer LB Fi, while other classes get little more than ATK Up 1 or for in the case of Bo, literally nothing useful.
Are you talking about the PP Slayer skill? what did you mean for LB FI?

But ya I want Ult Ama because im sick of new EQ's that end up being "we tell you when you can play it" versus playing at our leisure however it all depends on how they approach it this time around. Raising the cap to 80 isnt bad but obviously theyre gonna have to raise the enemy level or i guess up to 85 or something but actually scaled properly because even if the enemy cap was Lv90 and we're still 75, we could still manage (not that enemy level matters outside drops if you get my drift)

Selphea
Jul 18, 2016, 11:39 PM
Are you talking about the PP Slayer skill? what did you mean for LB FI?

But ya I want Ult Ama because im sick of new EQ's that end up being "we tell you when you can play it" versus playing at our leisure however it all depends on how they approach it this time around. Raising the cap to 80 isnt bad but obviously theyre gonna have to raise the enemy level or i guess up to 85 or something but actually scaled properly because even if the enemy cap was Lv90 and we're still 75, we could still manage (not that enemy level matters outside drops if you get my drift)

Full Dead + Half + Crazies + PP + TAJAPPS, don't think that's possible with current SPs yet.

Zyrusticae
Jul 19, 2016, 12:09 AM
I'm curious why you'd go with SLI for that. A single 1070 should max out most everything, certainly PSO2 with less power use and better thermals.
Because 4k + 8xAA kills performance dead real quick with anything less. I have two 970s in SLI and even then I can't run 4k resolution without frame rate dips. That's on top of reshade Bloom being a serious performance eater.

At 1080p a single 1070 would be overkill. At 4k resolution (it's in the name - we're talking 4x the pixel count here) a single 1070 is going to have trouble. Throw 8xAA and reshade on top of that? Not even worth trying.

Oh yeah, and on top of that we're adding streaming? You WILL need more power to maintain the same frame rate for that. Even if you use Shadowplay (which is far more efficient than the alternatives).

ArcaneTechs
Jul 19, 2016, 12:37 AM
Full Dead + Half + Crazies + PP + TAJAPPS, don't think that's possible with current SPs yet.
ah ok, i dont think i have deadline/halfline maxed on my trees. thought u meant like PP Slayer wasnt something you needed maxed and that the cap would call for it finally

TaigaUC
Jul 19, 2016, 05:22 AM

Exactly. That's why I'm sure they don't want to raise the level cap.
Rebalancing is a whole can of worms they don't want to deal with. It took them 3 years to get it decently right.

Saffran
Jul 19, 2016, 01:17 PM
Raising the level cap means more SP means they either need new skills to clutter the trees and make us spend those extra points or change some skills around. The class mastery skills are espescially crappy and could be revamped to be somewhat decent... but it would take a tremendous amount of influence to do such a bold change. A new director wouldn't be enough.

TheszNuts
Jul 19, 2016, 08:53 PM
I think they have to address the class cube system before raising the cap though.

Shiyo
Jul 19, 2016, 09:17 PM
I think it's best to not increase the level cap for a long, long time. The reason I have this opinion is that I feel it's easier to create a larger amount of relevant/challenging content as enemies will stay around the same level, or even get stronger than you, instead of you slowly outleveling them.

Skill trees are pretty well set up right now for most classes and increasing them or adding more levels would really throw balance out of whack.

I think it's better to just add content, and leave levels alone. Give us more progression via gear/rings/special bonuses/whatever. Things we have to work towards, which can be viewed as basically levels, but without our level number going up.

Example: Look at XQ's...they are so easy to do now. If we were still 55 cap(i think that was the cap when they were added?) all the XQ's would actually still be relatively challenging, instead of a cake walk.

Personally, I feel this makes the devs jobs a lot easier as they don't have to completely rebalance everything every level cap increase and don't need to keep adding new difficulties over, and over, and over.

A single 5 levels would completely throw balance upside down at this point.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 19, 2016, 09:27 PM
I think they have to address the class cube system before raising the cap though.

This.

I barely even have a good idea as to what they can do to fix that hole they dug themselves into. Chances are, SEGA devs are at a complete loss. They'd likely have to change some rules about the leveling, and cube system to somehow allow a level cap raise while not pissing on everyone else late to the class cube party.

SteveCZ
Jul 19, 2016, 09:45 PM
Put new skills in the tree which boosts specific class PAs/Techs, add more class cubes SP, and increase enemy cap.

[SPOILER-BOX]So they can put Rising Edge damage boost way down in the Guard Stance branch or Ragrants after the Panic Boost or Banish Arrow after Average Stance Critical and wreck all our trees. :D[/SPOILER-BOX]

)b

Flaoc
Jul 19, 2016, 10:12 PM
but i want to be able to max out fire and ice same time so i dont have to pick between which one to take ;.;

Altiea
Jul 19, 2016, 11:02 PM
Did Revelle survive a darker attack that left her with that scar over her eye, and that passionate hatred of darkers which is abnormal even for arks?

I remembered that you brought this up and looked it up. According to Materials Collection, Revelle's family was slaughtered by Darkers 10 years ago (again, linking back to Apprentice's attack). Expectedly, this was never explained ingame.

Rakurai
Jul 22, 2016, 09:28 PM
That Wand Element Change ring is honestly going to make me play TE again.

Having to collect rainbow wands for maximum damage output felt like way too much of a hassle.

I just hope they had the sense to make the element change only occur when the gear gauge gets filled by a tech (Meaning only offensive techs would change element).

Keilyn
Jul 22, 2016, 10:55 PM
I really don't like CS1 or CS2 departments. They aren't full gaming development departments... Just hybrids... :(

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 23, 2016, 06:22 AM
I remembered that you brought this up and looked it up. According to Materials Collection, Revelle's family was slaughtered by Darkers 10 years ago (again, linking back to Apprentice's attack). Expectedly, this was never explained ingame.

Of course...

If only we had side stories in game or something.

loafhero
Jul 23, 2016, 07:00 AM

Makes me think that there should've been a side story of Eucreta and Revelle butting heads while we just sit back and enjoy the show like this :D

http://rs285.pbsrc.com/albums/ll57/extra76/2r7oehj.gif~c200

Korima
Jul 23, 2016, 11:13 AM
We need the original team to fix this mess.

Please Sonic Team, Make PSO great again!

ShinMaruku
Jul 23, 2016, 11:19 AM
The Old team probably ain't at Sega. But ideally I think it needs to be deeper than cube or a level cap, you need to explode the whole system and redesign it.

Cyber Meteor
Jul 23, 2016, 11:28 AM
We need the original team to fix this mess.

Please Sonic Team, Make PSO great again!

Today was just announced 2 upcoming Sonic games : Sonic Mania , a retro-style 2D Sonic game developped by SEGA, Christian Whitehead, Headcannon and PagodaWest Games, scheduled for Spring 2017 ; and Project Sonic 2017, a 3D style game developped by Sonic Team scheduled for end of 2017 :D
So they're busy on another game atm :p

ShinMaruku
Jul 23, 2016, 11:41 AM
Note that I don't like either sonic team or the current team to make this game's balance. Some new blood with this team and willing to blow up the system would be better.

EvilMag
Jul 23, 2016, 11:42 AM
I can't trust Sonic team to make a good Sonic game. Sega thinks so too. Why else do you think they got somebody from the Sonic rom hacking community to make their games for them lately?

Altiea
Jul 23, 2016, 12:05 PM
I can't trust Sonic team to make a good Sonic game. Sega thinks so too. Why else do you think they got somebody from the Sonic rom hacking community to make their games for them lately?

Remember, the last time they outsourced a Sonic game, it didn't end very well.

Whitehead's good, though. His work on 2 and CD were great.

ShinMaruku
Jul 23, 2016, 12:09 PM
Sonic team still is making a Sonic game and for once they seem to be iterating maybe these mother fuckers learned.

Zyrusticae
Jul 23, 2016, 12:10 PM
If only they could pick someone up like Christopher Koji Fox to be the story director for the game. That'd be great.

I have no idea what to do on the game mechanics side though. Who in Japan could be trusted not to screw it up? Ideally, it'd be someone from From Software or Platinum Games, but they're already working for one of those two companies anyway, and why would they care about jumping ship for SEGA?

SteveCZ
Jul 23, 2016, 08:16 PM
Anyone will mess up according to the people in this forum. :-P

Sandmind
Jul 23, 2016, 08:28 PM
It's human nature to assume the worst. Beside, even if they did the absolute best result, someone somewhere will complain previous version of certain part were better. :wacko:

Better and more diverse content would be nice (Vegas is looking like it will try from preview). And better balance between class, I wouldn't even mind FOTE getting nerfed, always been my main, even in the dark age of late EP1 and most of EP2 (truth be told, generalist FOTE build is just terrible :wacko: ).

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 23, 2016, 09:55 PM
Better and more diverse content would be nice (Vegas is looking like it will try from preview). And better balance between class, I wouldn't even mind FOTE getting nerfed, always been my main, even in the dark age of late EP1 and most of EP2 (truth be told, generalist FOTE build is just terrible :wacko: ).

It's kind of funny how much more fair Fo/Te would feel if compounds didn't exist.

Shiyo
Jul 23, 2016, 10:11 PM
Compounds and ragrants are the only overpowered thing about force IMO.

Ragrants could use a ~7-10% dmg nerf and compounds 10%.

loafhero
Jul 23, 2016, 10:25 PM
It's human nature to assume the worst. Beside, even if they did the absolute best result, someone somewhere will complain previous version of certain part were better. :wacko:

Its not really due to people naturally assuming the worst out of everything in this case. Its really long time customers naturally assuming the worst from Sonic Team, specifically. Sonic Team has a reputation of mediocrity and inconsistent vision so most of us have a basis to be so cynical about them.