PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on updated Dark Falz Double + Profound Darkness?

NephyrisX
Jun 22, 2016, 06:48 AM
Title. Now titled A Perennial Apocalypse, what are your thoughts on the bosses?

Animations are now sped up, both bosses have a few new moves, and ARKS Effect is no longer a factor.

I like it actually. It's now the hardest boss(es) in the game, and thematically, it fits.

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGQImB9BabQ
Video is up!

arokidaaron
Jun 22, 2016, 06:52 AM
Fucking epic. I like how PD's moves are unpredictable, especially once you get knocked down.

Poyonche
Jun 22, 2016, 06:52 AM
It is how it should have been since the beginning.

The HP buff to Double was a nice idea, the fact that it uses its "Anti-MPA" move multiple time, even before "getting weaker" is cool, especially when you broke all of its towers and it does some surprise attack, like, again, the "Anti MPA" move, you expect Double to charge two times as usual but noooope, and i actually appreciated it.

PD revamp is a success too, way more faster, isn't stun for 15 years with a sign saying "Pown me here".
And when in humanoid form, it managed to kill me, I was surprised to see that, and I wasn't the only one as ~7/12 people died in this phase.

Too bad it is still locked to 6 Caligula. :wacko:
But overall it is a success, Double finally deserves its title of "The most dangerous Dark Falz" and Profound Darkness is finally a true boss.

Rainoffire
Jun 22, 2016, 06:53 AM
I actually like it a lot more now, MPA kept dying too. Lots of things I did not expect too, and the new animation speed also caught me off guard a lot of times.
I enjoyed it. Look forward to this weeks schedule, packed with PD.
Kind of pissed that PD will still just drop 6 crystals...

dr apocalipsis
Jun 22, 2016, 06:54 AM
Cheap as fuck. My MPA was terrible too, but I had time to launch like 6 or 7 compound techs.

Suirano
Jun 22, 2016, 06:56 AM
I was not expecting Double's special move to go across 6 times and that fast and I just loved how long Double lived this time. Definitely a much more fun fight.

PD though, holy crap. I was not expecting that speed at all. Definitely wasn't expecting breaking three of its parts and instead of revealing its weak point, it goes into another form that you have to take out in order to reveal the weak point.

The final form was extremely ruthless too. And my MPA got rekt by Persona. I was caught off guard and loved every minute of it. This better stay as it is and not get nerfed.

SteveCZ
Jun 22, 2016, 06:58 AM
So far people dies in pub. I like how the claw-grabbing move from PD can instant kill anyone with HP below 1K. It kinda deal 1.1k+. I forgot if I got Deband or not. The speed is also magnificent, I can't detect it from the map as I usually could, nor I see it from where yet. Probably just need adjustment, that's all I can say.

And I like how the persona's satellite cannon is like the one from XQ. I haven't got into when Persona throws his ultimate move, but somehow it feels like the time to get to that move is shorter now.

Rakurai
The solo phase is kind of annoying now that the damage on the PD's Overend got buffed to the same levels it is in the solo XQ (That is, it'll one shot you if you're not rocking over 1.1K HP or so), as it means getting stunned is almost certainly going to result in death due to it using said move immediately after the stun beams.

I do like that there's another minor phase after that before it gets stunned and dies like usual, though.

Overall, I enjoy the fight a lot more, as there's a genuine risk of death from things other then randomly getting ping-ponged into multiple attacks now, as the heavily choreographed attacks are appropriately punishing now, and other attacks come out a lot faster. The only thing I actually died to was the solo phase, as the sheer amount of beam spamming makes it difficult to even see what the PD is doing at times, but everyone was getting blown up repeatedly both for Double and PD.

mickbis
Double is much more harder now
PD has a lot of move that can one hit kill most people

overall very satisfy
It would be better if PD has move hp though

dr apocalipsis
Jun 22, 2016, 07:01 AM
Tech parrying ring went from redundant to abusable on this boss too. Without it you couldn't attack most of the time.

hoangsea
Jun 22, 2016, 07:02 AM
Satisfied !!!

long time to see an hard one
keep up the good work sega !!!

revamp elder and luther please !

Chris_Chocobo
Jun 22, 2016, 07:04 AM
Im happy because this is how the Profund Darnkess should be since the very beggining. A hard boss and the most dangerous treat to deal with.

TaigaUC
Jun 22, 2016, 07:04 AM
Woke up just in time to get one run in.
Double didn't seem much different. Ran away more often. Annoying as hell.
At the end, it started doing multiple dashes across. Still boring to me.

PD was much more interesting. Actually felt kind of creepy now, instead of being a joke.
And yeah, PD is how it should have been to begin with.

Would very much prefer to just fight PD directly. Screw Double.

Raujinn
Jun 22, 2016, 07:05 AM
Its refreshing but to be honest i feel it may be a bit overtuned for a quest intended for pubbies...

e: Really my main problem is the reward factor. For how much harder this is than the original fight, it is exactly as rewarding which is stupid.

AsinineWaffle
Jun 22, 2016, 07:08 AM
More than satisfied with how PD is now. This is how the fight should have been from the get-go.

It's nice having a boss that, for the time being, isn't a complete pushover.

Youmu Konpaku
Jun 22, 2016, 07:15 AM
i'm surprised many people in the MPA died . this is a sign of people for "don't leech here again"

and PD no longer exposed the core like "attack me here", and not stun too long ..

this is a great upgrade .

final_attack
Jun 22, 2016, 07:15 AM
Haven't tried on Gu-main ..... since the group I joined (from Twitter) don't have a Te-main, so, I volunteered .... PD and Double seems to do a lot of damage o-o
It managed to hit me at 400-ish as TeSu (I step-cancel my MomentGale and luckily escape at PD's charge from outside the battle area, so didn't know how much damage it did. Seems to be it's hardest attack? Double's Gate-attack did 372 damage) o-o

SolRiver
Jun 22, 2016, 07:25 AM
I like the fast pace overall.

I just wish the meteor from PD drop faster and when it trying to nail u with its pike. Those are the only stand still.

Too bad I barely get to use my bow...

milranduil
Jun 22, 2016, 07:43 AM
It is how it should have been since the beginning.

The HP buff to Double was a nice idea, the fact that it uses its "Anti-MPA" move multiple time, even before "getting weaker" is cool, especially when you broke all of its towers and it does some surprise attack, like, again, the "Anti MPA" move, you expect Double to charge two times as usual but noooope, and i actually appreciated it.

PD revamp is a success too, way more faster, isn't stun for 15 years with a sign saying "Pown me here".
And when in humanoid form, it managed to kill me, I was surprised to see that, and I wasn't the only one as ~7/12 people died in this phase.

Too bad it is still locked to 6 Caligula. :wacko:
But overall it is a success, Double finally deserves its title of "The most dangerous Dark Falz" and Profound Darkness is finally a true boss.

double's hp was not buffed.

double was overtuned imo. he moves too much to even hit with talis ragrants very often. i can't imagine playing this as a melee class, even br.

pd is good, how it should have been. persona didn't attack in my pug run, but that's prob cuz i had barantsion saved for it :D

SteveCZ
Jun 22, 2016, 07:54 AM
double was overtuned imo. ... i can't imagine playing this as a melee class,

Pretty much a lot of blocking, and dashing. :/

The fastest (and precise) way to land an attack is to predict where it goes and start attacking from there. The pattern is still the same though, they just buff the moves and the speed, but not the changes between the moves, especially when it is charging. So it's still much predictable, unlike PD that I can barely even see it in the map anymore (or was it no data? I don't remember).

NephyrisX
Jun 22, 2016, 07:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGQImB9BabQ
Video is up!

TaigaUC
Jun 22, 2016, 08:09 AM
Well, I got a lot of hits in as Fi/Hu Knuckles on Double, but I'm sure it depends on how much of a dick it decides to be.
The multi was strong, so they kept stunning him quickly anyway. Had WB and all that.

I saw what looked like toy machinegun camos on MMOLoda... (http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image.php?id=86061)
Took me a while to realize I was looking at the Ray twin guns.
I personally think it's kinda strange that some weapons have a huge glowing photon portion, and some others just look very unremarkable.

Raujinn
Jun 22, 2016, 08:10 AM
double was overtuned imo. he moves too much to even hit with talis ragrants very often. i can't imagine playing this as a melee class, even br.

Old Double was irritating enough as melee, new Double is a lot worse.

Letting it mull over a bit, I think I agree. Double is the overtuned bit, Profound Darkness is fine. In general I'd tone down all the one-shots but it'd be so easy to ruin this fight with the wrong numbers so I'd err on the side of "leave it as it is". Especially given you still can't really fail this quest.

nephie
Jun 22, 2016, 08:14 AM
Satisfied - 8/10

doing random pug as Te/Br.

IMO double doesn't change too much for me because I don't memorize his/her pattern set. I only react from his/her movement so even the triple charge doesn't surprise me because well I see the floor warning. the only time I dead in this battle is when I try to open my item menu to throw moon atomizer and double do his/her wall rotation attack which I can't predict at all.
PD is evil... it can kill like 6-8 people at the same time like 2-3 times. I don't even have time to spam ragrants since i need to keep up megiverse/zanverse and rebuff the resurrected person. Haven't feel as hectic as this as support since so long.
I think tech-parry ring and hyper sunlight weapon-action helps a lot with my survivability. And luckily everyone is *13 with 60 elements, plus I am the only techer main.

TaigaUC
Jun 22, 2016, 08:16 AM
Among my friends, we generally refer to Double/Dourumble as the worst boss in the game, in terms of looks, feel, not fun to fight, etc.
Dourumble attacks look like a joke, they almost never kill anyone, they go invincible and dance around for a bit before taking forever to merge and teleport somewhere weird.
Both Double and Dourumble spend a lot of time just running away from everyone.
Imagine what it'd have been like to fight them back when everyone lacked decent travel abilities, in episode 1. Horrible.

Krystalwitch
Jun 22, 2016, 08:16 AM
I agree with most of you, as it was what I first thought: This is what the boss should have been from the beggining.

I mean, let's be honest, it's the most powerful enemy in the whole game story-wise, so the "normal" EQ was a joke taking that into account. It was really hard to die no matter if normal or XH, and killing it was really easy even if alone; it would take more time, sure, but you could do it without fear of dying. Which is laughable, to say the least.

So I can just only hope they make this a permanent change (which won't happen but well, we can always dream.)

And one more thing.

Its refreshing but to be honest i feel it may be a bit overtuned for a quest intended for pubbies...

e: Really my main problem is the reward factor. For how much harder this is than the original fight, it is exactly as rewarding which is stupid.
One of the problems I had with the quest is that it was really easy, and a way too rewarding considering that. Now I feel that the reward really adjusts to how hard it is, so I don't agree with you on that, because I feel the original reward should have been really lower considering the difficulty.

I'd love if they made other high rewarding quests more difficult (hi magatsu), because it just ends up being "farming simulator" at times: You need no effort, you just have to get on time to do the EQs. I don't know if many people will agree on this, but I'm more pleased with the game being challenging, otherwise it ends up killing the fun.

milranduil
Jun 22, 2016, 08:18 AM
I agree with most of you, as it was what I first thought: This is what the boss should have been from the beggining.

I mean, let's be honest, it's the most powerful enemy in the whole game story-wise, so the "normal" EQ was a joke taking that into account. It was really hard to die no matter if normal or XH, and killing it was really easy even if alone; it would take more time, sure, but you could do it without fear of dying. Which is laughable, to say the least.

So I can just only hope they make this a permanent change (which won't happen but well, we can always dream.)

And one more thing.

One of the problems I had with the quest is that it was really easy, and a way too rewarding considering that. Now I feel that the reward really adjusts to how hard it is, so I don't agree with you on that, because I feel the original reward should have been really lower considering the difficulty.

I'd love if they made other high rewarding quests more difficult (hi magatsu), because it just ends up being "farming simulator" at times: You need no effort, you just have to get on time to do the EQs. I don't know if many people will agree on this, but I'm more pleased with the game being challenging, otherwise it ends up killing the fun.

pd is "challenging", double is just tedious. there is a distinct difference.

TaigaUC
Jun 22, 2016, 08:35 AM
It'd be hilarious if "buffed" Double just takes off at the start of the battle and never comes back.
Then we just get stuck there forever.
May as well be like that, what with all the constant running away.

nevershootme
Jun 22, 2016, 08:37 AM
1st time doing it, get 13* cery...

Throws it in the trash... Otherwise, it's a great dps check, pissed me off that there was 2 summoners in the mpa that did less than 1 mil dmg and some ra or gu whose highest dmg was a 5k sat cannon :/

Achelousaurus
Jun 22, 2016, 09:01 AM
On Ray collection sheets I saw that the upper right weapon mentions a TD for the drop, does that weapon not drop from the buffed PD or is that just a suggestion and you can finish the sheets by only doing buffed PD?

Anyone got a Ray sheet and had the upper right weapon's % rise from buffed PD?

milranduil
Jun 22, 2016, 09:02 AM
i did some math this now.

double light mult went from 1.3 to around 1.1-1.13. ice multiplier went from 1.2 to 0.6 (half damage and no weak hit now).

edit: pd also has 0.6 ice modifier, rip barantsion lol.

nevershootme
Jun 22, 2016, 09:05 AM
On Ray collection sheets I saw that the upper right weapon mentions a TD for the drop, does that weapon not drop from the buffed PD or is that just a suggestion and you can finish the sheets by only doing buffed PD?

says "frequently", doesn't have to be those specific quests, you could do an SHAQ high risk for them or any EQ's that guarantee any of those boss spawns.

no you can't just do PD to complete them

ZerotakerZX
Jun 22, 2016, 09:30 AM
As easy as ever, only a little bit longer with a new move per boss. Honestly can't tell how anyone can find it different from how it was in a big way.

Meteor Weapon
Jun 22, 2016, 09:48 AM
If you can't feel any different then you're already too strong to care or pay attention to any of it, or your mpa just kills it too fast/just that good.

milranduil
Jun 22, 2016, 10:04 AM
As easy as ever, only a little bit longer with a new move per boss. Honestly can't tell how anyone can find it different from how it was in a big way.

clearly you don't pay attention to either boss's attack patterns whatsoever if you think the change was small.

after doing yamato, the upper right corner moved, so i don't think it is limited to td. it may be eq only though.

Kazzi
Jun 22, 2016, 10:11 AM
I'm not sure but did they change the floor during the double fight? I was able to see PD much clearer I remember it being really greyed out and nearly opaque before.

Not important but it's been bothering me.

loafhero
Jun 22, 2016, 10:33 AM
I really like how PD looks like its trying hard to fight back and survive when pushed into a corner. Makes the fight more intense.

TaigaUC
Jun 22, 2016, 10:49 AM
Dunno if they changed the floor.

PD goes into a different attack pattern when its sides are broken.
It opens up and then fires a laser while having 4 sides shooting stuff, and bits flying everywhere.
Break the bits and it'll reveal the core for about 4-5 seconds (much shorter than before).
Sometimes when you destroy the faces it'll stay away and twitch/rotate and settle into a different pattern?

it also goes into a different attack pattern after destroying the bits in the final phase.
It'll spawn a Birkin eyeball on its chest while shooting lasers and crap, and won't stun until you break the eyeball.

Sucks that ice keeps getting nerfed.

ContinuumXIX
Jun 22, 2016, 11:08 AM
I'm not sure but did they change the floor during the double fight? I was able to see PD much clearer I remember it being really greyed out and nearly opaque before.

They changed the floor to make it more transparent.

Over all this fight is a lot more enjoyable than before, both PD and Double are great bosses now, there's actually a bit of tension in a fight now lol

SteveCZ
Jun 22, 2016, 11:12 AM

I really don't think so. Probably cause this time this PD gives more attention, that's all.

Poyonche
Jun 22, 2016, 11:42 AM
Wait, Double HP weren't buffed ? But my Double got into the "Getting weaker state" only when we broke all of its towers.
Is it just because the stun duration has been reduced ?

dr apocalipsis
Jun 22, 2016, 11:59 AM
Wait, Double HP weren't buffed ? But my Double got into the "Getting weaker state" only when we broke all of its towers.

Well, they killed IlBarta and nerfed overall element damage, so your average MPA FoTes can't rape it anymore without moving from the center.

milranduil
Jun 22, 2016, 12:00 PM

i parsed the eq. double only took 17mil damage from start to finish.

TaigaUC
Jun 22, 2016, 12:07 PM
It didn't feel to me like Double HP got buffed at all.

Cyber Meteor
Jun 22, 2016, 03:08 PM
After playing that revamped EQ, i'm curious on how it would look if the whole mpa never did PD before and is just discovering that fight. Seems like it would be an interesting run, maybe. Anyway, it was really cool and fighting PD was like being in UQ which is more coherent being the source of the corrupted zones, Anga and aberrations ^^, now just make Vibrace Yuga with UQ AI and it will be even better :p

D-Inferno
Jun 22, 2016, 03:34 PM
Liking the improvements to the bosses, though I do feel Double shouldn't move around as much. But it also still dies too soon. PD is a lot better, but still dies fast. I'm just tired of XH in general. Maybe Ultimate Amdusica and whatever difficulty it brings (if at all) will make things interesting.

Agastya
Jun 22, 2016, 04:10 PM
we'll get ultimate earth before ultimate amduscia

the music will be slightly off-key+sped up blue planet with the lyrics of zero-g

yoshiblue
Jun 22, 2016, 05:55 PM
The menu remix of Ungravity (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVbMhqaPpgA)would be kind of be cool though. Or the Electro Remix (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_9ujx5UjlM) if you want to keep the lyrics.

Keilyn
Jun 22, 2016, 05:56 PM
I havent tried it yet.
I guess I can feel better playing support in both boss battles.

Tunga
Jun 22, 2016, 06:47 PM
Make sure to buff your mpa

Great Pan
Jun 22, 2016, 06:57 PM
Give me my EZ modo PD back, now! I can't leech peacefully anymore!

Xaelouse
Jun 22, 2016, 07:08 PM
It's a little annoying because I have to rethink what times to use my cooldowns on Bouncer. Considering just playing HU instead so I dont have to think.

milranduil
Jun 22, 2016, 07:08 PM
I havent tried it yet.
I guess I can feel better playing support in both boss battles.

yes please bring more te/ra with no buffs.

yoshiblue
Jun 22, 2016, 07:09 PM

You got it. ;-)

NoobSpectre
Jun 22, 2016, 08:26 PM
PD send out early bits at second phase eh...

Then the third phase reveals a eye on the chest which is another part need to break after bits to stun it, 2/3 of original duration.

Didn't remember PD clawing at the platform so fanatically, but the fan shape beam spam seems to be disappear from the attack menu.

oratank
Jun 22, 2016, 08:56 PM

what is the best te/ra rifle

Keilyn
Jun 22, 2016, 08:56 PM

You know I spent the last six days handling issues in the real world. I didn't go through fire and hell to come back and hear you run your mouth at me. You pick on me because you can, and you have since the PSU days. I've encountered pretty much as much as possible in that LQ... from people AFKing at the teleport, all the way to people running the opposite way and not staying with the group.. You aren't picking on them because you are fixated on me for some reason...

...and I still haven't found anything in you that would deem you worthy of my respect due to the fact I don't give any consideration for PvE accomplishments in any game that I play. This holds true for my own accomplishments too as I feel indifferent towards them. I care more about Team-Based PvP accomplishments. Most of the games I play I gear up so I can PvP, Siege, and have my fun stepping right up and trying my luck. Sometimes I get my ass handed to me, and sometimes I surprise the world. ^_^ But at least I try....

PSO-2 has far more elements in its fashion than in its gameplay it seems... :(

Xaeris
Jun 22, 2016, 09:16 PM
I had to do the morning run as RA/HU since team didn't have our usual WB online. So I consider the run I did just now as my usual GU/RA to be my real first taste. It was...um...humbling. Yes, that's a good word. Practice will make perfect I'm sure. Looking forward to improving my technique on this fight.

red1228
Jun 22, 2016, 09:26 PM
Double Fight was just annoying... Reminded me of Waiting for Azure Rathalos to stop spamming fireballs while 100 feet in the air.

PD fight was awesome. Like others have mentioned, I feel it should have been like this from the beginning.
I'm a tad bothered that I only gained 29% Collection Sheet progress using +400% RareDrop Rate on a Scheduled / 1-Round Only EQ, though.

Severed001
Jun 22, 2016, 09:27 PM
super fun EQ now with the changes, will log on for/10

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 22, 2016, 09:31 PM
Not bad. Double is slightly more annoying. Got me with the spin and the sped up car swarm once each

PD is different. The startup on his new ram was so fast i didn't see where he went, but it didn't get me a second time. 2nd phase is a chaotic mess that I used KC, and PB i-frames just to see what's going on without stopping my output. I saw persona's explosion, but I KCed through it so w/e.

Speaking of output, I was ~30% of the mpa's damage alone as katana br/hu. Nearly twice the person in 2nd for double, and PD. No WB. I hate pugs. I swear people aren't trying when I can win with 80% of my damage just right clicking guren tessen in a rhythm.

Zeroem
Jun 22, 2016, 09:37 PM
Heard good things from people who tried it for the first time. So, out from curiosity, decided to try PD on SH. To my disappointment, SH and below is just PD 1.0 with slightly buffed health (or, my MPA is just being super bad).

So it seems that the new PD experience is XH-only. Which is a personal disappointment from mine.
Gonna try XH PD later, and I'm sure the experience would be humbling for me.

Achelousaurus
Jun 22, 2016, 09:47 PM
This...is kinda retarded. Sega got pugs used to easy mode and now it's turned into super hard mode. This gonna be like VH Luther when I started, people going back to camship cause no one has moons left will be common.

Honestly it's mostly retarded chains, they boses just got sped up. To a point where the eqs are just beyond idiotic.You can rarely use a mate now cause they are too slow. Both bosses hit so rapidly that you either get interrupted before the healing happened and might just die, or they hit you again right after but before you can move, so that it was pointless and you have to heal again.

And Persona is just as stupid, only beat it cause of IW. Due to bad luck the SC hit me during the BHS animation and I was stunlocked for the whole SC duration and it killed me despite full HP.
This has nothing to do with skill anymore, it's just having luck with the ai timing or not.

And yeah, double moving even more makes the most annoying boss even more annoying. How about a boss that is not a dashing Test Your Might?

PS: Ray sheets are also super retarded. A whole bunch of rare stuff that doesn't drop much. Like Sol Rishell or friggin mag cells. swiki lists big red boxes for them, whatever that means. Are they talking about EQ reward crystals like at the end of TD and yamato?

SteveCZ
Jun 22, 2016, 10:01 PM
I find it fair though. What's the point of higher difficulty with the enemies just doing the same thing over and over again, lol. Everyone is expected to be good and useful already in higher difficulty.

GoldGenII
Jun 22, 2016, 10:03 PM
Going in blind without a half doll or Light based weapon, Double was eh still. Never really had much issue with Rocket Power™

As for PD, as many have said already, it's how it should have been from the start quite honestly or fairly close. Very bullet hell based, cheap-ish, and unrelenting. Actually keeps players on their toes now instead of giving very easy timeframes for breathers ¬_¬

In terms of longevity of difficulty, I predict it'll be a case of "one or two runs then easy EQ". Or at least as easy as Falz Angel is, whom I still think is one of the legitimately tougher bosses. still wish weak bullet bounced back to the player ¦I

Meteor Weapon
Jun 22, 2016, 10:09 PM
Sega gave two months for people to mentally prepare for the new PD, so if pugs are still being weak sauce, I say blame goes to the pugs themselves not Sega(but mpa class matchmaking still sucks, so I guess Sega is still to blame).

If people are having a hard time against PD, I think Sega did a good job on that regardless of PD being too fast or retardedly chaotic on XH, because it's XH for the real deal. I still think pre-nerf Ultimate Nab is a lot more beyond chaotic retarded. I have no comment for Double.

I don't think most final bosses from other action games would give you much chance to heal either. Heal only to get hit only to heal again, I think that happens a lot in most games.

I remember people saying Falz Angel when he first appeared in story mode is extremely hard to deal with, and his Big Crunch Project (wide-area laser spam) one shots almost everyone and Bravers are foced to spam Shunka lol.

Achelousaurus
Jun 22, 2016, 10:16 PM
That's a load of bs and you know it. You talk as if people being bad was only a problem for them. The better players are going to have to carry as always.
Same reason I have not finished 2 TD4s in a row since the first week it was released, if you get bad pugs you're gonna have to carry 11 other people and aren't allowed to make a single mistake.

Everyone running out of moons > no one can revive you when you get stunlocked and instakilled while you can't dodge even if you haven't died a single time before.

Flaoc
Jun 22, 2016, 10:22 PM
PJSalt

if you dont wanna buff people while on a support class then deal with it

what is the best te/ra rifle

dunno if a serious question or troll but red rifle

Meteor Weapon
Jun 22, 2016, 10:24 PM
Wait for another week if you want people to see people gotten used to the new PD, just like Loser was.

milranduil
Jun 22, 2016, 10:51 PM
PS: Ray sheets are also super retarded. A whole bunch of rare stuff that doesn't drop much. Like Sol Rishell or friggin mag cells. swiki lists big red boxes for them, whatever that means. Are they talking about EQ reward crystals like at the end of TD and yamato?

ray sheet are easy. the % is quite generous with all of them. the top right corner is any eq (and seemingly AQ makes it work too, i got my 11* rod there) thats 71+ mobs. The right one is very generous, 28% for 1 boss kill with only a 250 and daily boost. Blue weapons are a joke to find so go play the game.

SteveCZ
Jun 22, 2016, 10:59 PM
That's a load of bs and you know it. You talk as if people being bad was only a problem for them. The better players are going to have to carry as always.
Same reason I have not finished 2 TD4s in a row since the first week it was released, if you get bad pugs you're gonna have to carry 11 other people and aren't allowed to make a single mistake.

Everyone running out of moons > no one can revive you when you get stunlocked and instakilled while you can't dodge even if you haven't died a single time before.

This argument only tells that the bad players should stay bad, and no faith where people can get better even in a slightest, and therefore difficulties should go down to their level. By that logic, this argument expects the enemies to become so boring, to those who think it's a breather. But there's always two sides of a coin, can't really satisfy both sides. So far, I see more positive responses on this buff for the EQ more than negative responses in this forum.

Have people ever considered that those random players itself is part of the difficulty? Most probably not, and these people probably prefer to blame others more than themselves. Remind you that you have lots of other choices; make an organized MPA, play in lower difficulties, play alone (as in 1/12), or not playing at all. If you still insist to get into XH pub and complain the enemies are not comparable to the players you got to carry, then please, don't blame the bosses being too strong for them, cause they are meant to be strong in XH. Lol.

I'd suggest to wait for a week and see, I'm pretty sure even the pub can adapt. You already said it yourself, your did not finish 2 TD4s in a row during the first release. I wonder how are they now, despite of them still being bad anyway.

SteelMaverick
Jun 22, 2016, 11:45 PM
The new PD and Double were great and I loved every second of it. I haven't felt this sort of intensity since the very first days of Dark Falz Loser where people legitimately timed out 30 minutes without managing to kill him. This is what the Dark Falz and Profound Darkness fight was meant to be. A true, grueling, relentless battle against the manifestation of pure evil. There has been far too much handholding in the game and if people don't want to kiss the floor every 5 seconds they are going to have to improve their gameplay and their gear for real.

Tunga
Jun 22, 2016, 11:52 PM
You know I spent the last six days handling issues in the real world.
These types of post are always funny to me. Not like everyone else (or most) in this forum has to deal with life amirite?

loafhero
Jun 23, 2016, 12:19 AM
Didn't remember PD clawing at the platform so fanatically, but the fan shape beam spam seems to be disappear from the attack menu.

Oh, yeah. PD's clawing animation was badass. Loved how it goes just absolutely savage when its defenses are torn down and it actually uses its big ass hands to smash players like bugs.

Rakurai
Jun 23, 2016, 12:52 AM
I like the fact that Double's charge attack doesn't hit in a fixed pattern anymore.

Seeing the more brain-dead players get blown up by it while they were standing in the usual safezones was good for a laugh.

TaigaUC
Jun 23, 2016, 04:17 AM
Only did the new PD once so far. Kinda afraid to see how bad the PUGs are.
A JP friend sent me a GJ yesterday saying they already beat new PD in a duo, so it can't be that hard.

Here's a way to increase your chances of getting into a better EQ run:
Skip the first run and then try to get into the first batch of second runs.
Because the shitty multis very likely won't finish until way later.

Of course, now that I've written that, everyone will skip the first run for everything.
Which will probably make the first runs better.

Vatallus
Jun 23, 2016, 04:24 AM
I see some people never change.

Anyway, I thought it was fun. Of course Double is a tab bit annoying. Didn't have any deaths but I feel that was greatly helped by the fact that I tend to grab souls and affixes that give me attack/hp instead of attack/pp. Then again we had a Techer buffing us so that helps a great deal too.

Anyway I had fun. PD seems a bit troll with the fake stuns but I found that more amusing than anything. Persona died too fast to really feel any differences there. While some of my teammates find it another failed attempt at making a game hard... I liked it. I can agree that Solo XH and the new TA are pretty piss poor excuses of difficulty but I felt a more berserk Profound Darkness was ok.

oratank
Jun 23, 2016, 04:41 AM
Of course, now that I've written that, everyone will skip the first run for everything.
Which will probably make the first runs better.

yeah some underleveling are already invade pd second runs for a month (´・ω・`)

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 23, 2016, 07:44 AM
Anyone accomplish 33.34% progress from one run yet?

Also, I have to rant a little.

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to require you to kill the target again after the quest gets you to 100% to get your drop, AND as expected, our target is EQ only on top of it?! Because of that shit, that's +6 PDs to run for a +35 ray weapon. I've run out of words to voice my hate about how EQs ruin the enjoyment of most things in this game.

Xaeris
Jun 23, 2016, 07:49 AM
I got 35.34% from one run. Though that was with the help of an EX Exp ticket (25% RDR) from the SG scratch, so that's hardly reliable.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 23, 2016, 07:57 AM
from the SG scratch

Burn the witch.

Xaeris
Jun 23, 2016, 07:58 AM
Free SG. I didn't actually give them money for this nonsense, of course.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 23, 2016, 07:59 AM
Free SG. I didn't actually give them money for this nonsense, of course.

I assumed you didn't. Was thinking about burning the free 88 i have, but i know i'd probably just be pissed off.

So what did you do other than that?

LR3/temptation umbla beatstick
rdr and tri
LR units with timed abilities
30% daily
RDR from drink
4th anniversary dounut?

Xaeris
Jun 23, 2016, 08:04 AM
250% ticket (duh)
100% tri
50% donut
27% daily boost (I derped)
25% EX ticket
??% Shifta Prem 2
10% team tree
10% lobby video

No LR units or timed abilities, and I don't actually remember if I switched to my Umbla rod.

Poyonche
Jun 23, 2016, 08:18 AM
My daily boost is at 0% :wacko:

Every days I am like "Oh i'll do it later, it can wait." but I always forgot to do those DOs. :wacko:

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 23, 2016, 08:23 AM
My daily boost is at 0% :wacko:

Every days I am like "Oh i'll do it later, it can wait." but I always forgot to do those DOs. :wacko:

Casual

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 23, 2016, 08:47 AM
31.80ish that time

Only change was no tree boost, but I had the 10% live boost from the commercial, and 3 LR units on... gonna use timed abilities next time.

Rainoffire
Jun 23, 2016, 08:50 AM
I just got a Ray Katana from PD. Was hoping for another Austere or Invader.
Only had 27% daily, 10% Live, ??% Prem Drink, 250% RDR.

Poyonche
Jun 23, 2016, 08:52 AM
33.46% this time

Ryna
Jun 23, 2016, 08:55 AM
My last two PUG runs have gone horribly. People are dying left and right on Double and Profound Darkness. On my last run, I was out of Moon Atomizers about 5 minutes into the instance. When that starts happening, people leave and you're soloing the instance.

I can't say I was having too much trouble with it, but most of my PUG group members are.

Xaeris
Jun 23, 2016, 08:55 AM
Didn't have enough time left on the Ex ticket for it to count on PD, so I was biting my lip on this one. Was going to be highly unamused if I ended on like 99.81%.
[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/THNgNpT.jpg
[/spoiler-box]
Just leaves the pick up run. Buy star gems from Sega and you too can four run a sheet!

nguuuquaaa
Jun 23, 2016, 09:43 AM
> went in with pure support TE/HU and spammed Zanverse/Megiverse most of the time with some smacks in between
> ended up at 5th DPS (without Zanverse) :wacko:

This is... kinda fun I guess :wacko:

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 23, 2016, 10:07 AM
33.46% this time

You used any donuts?

TaigaUC
Jun 23, 2016, 10:55 AM
Kinda easy to lose sight of Double and PD now.

At the end of Double's battle, it'll make two walls with open and closed gates, and then spins around slowly.

PD doesn't seem to randomize its stun feint. If you don't destroy the bits in time, it will move up close and open up for about 2 seconds before running away.
If you destroy the bits in time, it'll open the core for about 8-9 seconds.

TheszNuts
Jun 23, 2016, 11:17 AM
Did my first PD v2 this morning, on vita no less because I didn't want to get up. I dont think its a nightmare eq as everyone makes it out to be because i had no particular issues, and only 1 death because i swapped to umbra rod prematurely.

LordKaiser
Jun 23, 2016, 11:20 AM
It's awesome, it feels like fighting Ultimate versions of them and my moons ran out before PD.

Now the Ray Weapons..... They look great, their potential is awesome but then SEGA gave them a stupid weak base attack. They had to screw the weapons in some form...

Poyonche
Jun 23, 2016, 01:40 PM
You used any donuts?

RDR 250%
Triboost 150% (Happy birthday Sonic)
Triboost Donut

And I guess that's all

Saffran
Jun 23, 2016, 01:53 PM
I was told it hit really hard, but not really. The light effects were a bit too much but otherwise it was a fun fight.
Is it me or did Sega implement multi-hits only for this quest, the latest darker den time attack and the Heaven and Hell EX quests?

Zyrusticae
Jun 23, 2016, 02:17 PM
Got 35% with RDR 250%, Triboost 100%, 7% team buff, 50% donut and 20% from umblia rod.

Too bad my first run was 25% so I can't get it to 100% in the next run. Sigh. At least I know it's possible now.

As for the quest itself, it's definitely much more like the final boss fight it was always meant to be. Double's super-annoying with all the chasing and such, but it's nothing I can't handle. My last run was 100% PUG and we annihilated them both, so either I'm just lucky or it's still tuned at a fairly doable level (while thankfully not being a total pushover like before).

Rakurai
Jun 23, 2016, 11:39 PM
Do you need to have an Umblla Stick equipped when PD dies to benefit from it for collect file purposes, or when the loot crystal is broken?

arokidaaron
Jun 23, 2016, 11:49 PM
Do you need to have an Umblla Stick equipped when PD dies to benefit from it for collect file purposes, or when the loot crystal is broken?

When it comes to any boss, it's you will get the % after you have broken the crystal.

CrossOmega
Jun 24, 2016, 03:30 AM
Glad to see the two bosses got buffed into an insane level of speed. And i lol'ed at Profound Darkness when he does the stun feint when his bits got broken. "Nope not this time". And the eye when you do beat persona gives me the chills.

Madevil
Jun 24, 2016, 09:55 AM
I've just realized they don't have a title for "one moon save 11 people"

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 24, 2016, 10:21 AM
-No WB again
-30% of mpa damage both rounds. Guren spam
-Ran out of moons on double.
-A Fo who actually barantsioned PD did less than a quarter of my damage when I'm guren spamming.
-Some bouncer broke the crystal just as people came out of skipping the cutscene (including me). I couldn't pallet swap to umbla stick in time, let alone my LR units with timed abilities on them.
- ~29% on sheet completion when I wanted to test how much I woulda've gotten with everything

I'm fucking done with dealing with these mother fucking garbage ass pugs who can't do something as fucking simple as fucking 5th grade arithmetic to have a proper spec and fucking right click on time. People were fucking fed 13*s for months. WHYYYYYYY is it some damn difficult to right click things til they fucking die?! Is guren actually broken?! Is my 50k non-weak point damage for 20pp and just right clicking that astounding, and difficult?! Fking hell overparse got me salty and jaded now because I can see the failure!

Achelousaurus
Jun 24, 2016, 10:21 AM
This argument only tells that the bad players should stay bad, and no faith where people can get better even in a slightest, and therefore difficulties should go down to their level. By that logic, this argument expects the enemies to become so boring, to those who think it's a breather. But there's always two sides of a coin, can't really satisfy both sides. So far, I see more positive responses on this buff for the EQ more than negative responses in this forum.

Have people ever considered that those random players itself is part of the difficulty? Most probably not, and these people probably prefer to blame others more than themselves. Remind you that you have lots of other choices; make an organized MPA, play in lower difficulties, play alone (as in 1/12), or not playing at all. If you still insist to get into XH pub and complain the enemies are not comparable to the players you got to carry, then please, don't blame the bosses being too strong for them, cause they are meant to be strong in XH. Lol.

I'd suggest to wait for a week and see, I'm pretty sure even the pub can adapt. You already said it yourself, your did not finish 2 TD4s in a row during the first release. I wonder how are they now, despite of them still being bad anyway.
Dude, come back when we are playing the same game. No idea what you are playing but it's not PSO2. And most definitely not on ship 2.

Also, try reading, I never said bad people should say bad, I just said they are bad. Also you are out of your fucking mind if you seriously suggest that I do lower difficulties (no endgame whatsoever) or solo EQs all the time just cause other people are bad. I am supposed to stop playing the game in any way that is fun just because others are bad? Let them ruin the game entirely for me?

Also, please don't bring your leecher logic into this. Besides this new PD there is no EQ that's truly hard with decent players, unless I got B1 level pugs TD4 isn't an issue either (I just have terrible luck and get almost no other pugs). I can only think you are seriously bad at this game if you suggest XH bosses are supposed to be too strong. This is the first one that's a true challenge and most of it comes from cheapshots that bypass game vital mechanics like being able to heal from a mate or be able to not get oneshotted during any pa animation.
Hell, I just did 300-400k dmg to persona and still got oneshotted cause most of the mpa apparently didn't deal enough.
You are really suggesting bad players are fine being bad and anyone decent that doesn't like leechers being assholes that take it for granted others carry should gtfo out. Guess what, if decent players stop carrying, leechers won't finish single EQ that isn't as easy as kill x mobs and do x e-trials.

PS: often results get worse over time cause many decent players only play eqs for the first couple of weeks and then get bored again, casuals are rarely as jaded so after a few weeks pugs tend to get worse. In the first week of TD4 I got several sranks with pugs, since then I have never completed both runs with pugs and over half the time both runs failed.

Superia
Jun 24, 2016, 10:24 AM
I can see the failure!

Overparse was a mistake.

milranduil
Jun 24, 2016, 10:37 AM
Dude, come back when we are playing the same game. No idea what you are playing but it's not PSO2. And most definitely not on ship 2.

Also, try reading, I never said bad people should say bad, I just said they are bad. Also you are out of your fucking mind if you seriously suggest that I do lower difficulties (no endgame whatsoever) or solo EQs all the time just cause other people are bad. I am supposed to stop playing the game in any way that is fun just because others are bad? Let them ruin the game entirely for me?

Also, please don't bring your leecher logic into this. Besides this new PD there is no EQ that's truly hard with decent players, unless I got B1 level pugs TD4 isn't an issue either (I just have terrible luck and get almost no other pugs). I can only think you are seriously bad at this game if you suggest XH bosses are supposed to be too strong. This is the first one that's a true challenge and most of it comes from cheapshots that bypass game vital mechanics like being able to heal from a mate or be able to not get oneshotted during any pa animation.
Hell, I just did 300-400k dmg to persona and still got oneshotted cause most of the mpa apparently didn't deal enough.
You are really suggesting bad players are fine being bad and anyone decent that doesn't like leechers being assholes that take it for granted others carry should gtfo out. Guess what, if decent players stop carrying, leechers won't finish single EQ that isn't as easy as kill x mobs and do x e-trials.

PS: often results get worse over time cause many decent players only play eqs for the first couple of weeks and then get bored again, casuals are rarely as jaded so after a few weeks pugs tend to get worse. In the first week of TD4 I got several sranks with pugs, since then I have never completed both runs with pugs and over half the time both runs failed.

a 4p pt is an easy carry in td4 to at least a-rank, let alone s-rank. i'd love to see what you are doing yourself in those td4 to consistently failt hat much.

Xaeris
Jun 24, 2016, 10:51 AM
Let me tell you, being on WB duty as a Gu/Ra in a random because all rangers seem to have dropped off the face of the Earth Naberius is effing terrible. At least Ra/Hu gets 50% uptime on Massive Hunter. I get friggin' Dodge Roll. Otherwise, pug run ended up okay. Don't remember how long it took, but rank was 89th, so it was probably between 10 and 15 minutes.

Sheets are done. Turned out to be pretty reasonable after all, so I'm glad.
[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/0k8g9OI.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/trT2wXz.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/lMGVpgf.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Poyonche
Jun 24, 2016, 11:23 AM
The HUSU of my MPA was the second damage dealer in my last PD pug. :wacko:

Had Austere Partizan tho.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 24, 2016, 11:29 AM
I really wish I didn't miss the very first PD after servers came back. Would be nice to actually get something nice after witnessing idiots who probably can't count the 13 stars on their weapon if they can't spec to do real damage.

Dying to these attacks is one thing. Doing 2% of the MPA's damage with their 931k total using a katana during an 11 minute PD is another. I can do that person's damage in the time it takes to empty my full PP bar on guren spam with two buffs, on an open weak point. His hardest hit was a 10.7k guren tessen. I do that with just the dashing cut.

Above him, another braver. Hardest hit was is 50k banashing arrow (I do that in one buffed guren hit). 2.4% of MPA's damage with his 1million damage dealt.

Above that guy, yet another braver that brings shame upon the class: A 36k katana combat finish (congrats, that hit as hard as the 2nd hit of my guren tessen with no extra buffs). Dealt 1.6million damage total. 3.7% of the MPA's damage.

3 bravers put together couldn't do 1/3rd of the damage the 4th braver (me) did. What the hell?

Raujinn
Jun 24, 2016, 11:48 AM
People don't get the massive difference good gear and a good build brings. News at 11.

NoobSpectre
Jun 24, 2016, 11:48 AM
Put simply, if mobs melt that fast before they even attack, some players will have a false sense of security that they are safe by just keep attacking, and dodging becomes less and less. (although they might, or might not, be the main damage contributor to foe)

And when something that should not die in a few seconds/minutes, and harder to stunlock in most of the EQ time comes in, using the same attack only mindset will kill players pretty fast. Alas, going to relearn the dodge pattern is a learning curve, and good luck, some will just "hey people will just rev me anyway, so I will get myself killed and yell at people to res.".

milranduil
Jun 24, 2016, 11:54 AM
People don't get the massive difference good gear and a good build brings. News at 11.

i see many players with the same tier gear as myself do 20% at most of the damage i do. it's hardly just gear.

Raujinn
Jun 24, 2016, 11:57 AM
I'm not 100% discounting skill, it's just the sheer amount of damage difference you get from gear goes pretty underestimated.

I mean I know I have off days or just bad luck where graptor doesn't get to explode and in those circumstances I'm going to be doing like ~40% of my potential DPS...

Tunga
Jun 24, 2016, 11:58 AM
I really wish I didn't miss the very first PD after servers came back. Would be nice to actually get something nice after witnessing idiots who probably can't count the 13 stars on their weapon if they can't spec to do real damage.

Dying to these attacks is one thing. Doing 2% of the MPA's damage with their 931k total using a katana during an 11 minute PD is another. I can do that person's damage in the time it takes to empty my full PP bar on guren spam with two buffs, on an open weak point. His hardest hit was a 10.7k guren tessen. I do that with just the dashing cut.

Above him, another braver. Hardest hit was is 50k banashing arrow (I do that in one buffed guren hit). 2.4% of MPA's damage with his 1million damage dealt.

Above that guy, yet another braver that brings shame upon the class: A 36k katana combat finish (congrats, that hit as hard as the 2nd hit of my guren tessen with no extra buffs). Dealt 1.6million damage total. 3.7% of the MPA's damage.

3 bravers put together couldn't do 1/3rd of the damage the 4th braver (me) did. What the hell?

Why not just do team runs if pug'ing is that bad?

Xaeris
Jun 24, 2016, 11:59 AM
Man you guys, we haven't even had a 6 pm EQ yet. Pace yourselves!

Raujinn
Jun 24, 2016, 12:13 PM
Aside me, not one person in my MPA has >+5 or >30% or anything beyond junk affixes. No amount of skill is going to overcome that gear deficit :c

Xaeris
Jun 24, 2016, 12:19 PM
My performance is unstable. Last night, I was basically walking on water with my dodges and hitting an okay amount of Chain opportunities. This run, I got hit by a bunch of stuff I should have been able to dodge and soaked like five moons. And now I don't get another shot at it until midnight. That's one thing I really hate about the EQ system, especially with an EQ that only allows a single run; if you don't like your performance on one run, you can't do crap but sit tight and wait for your next chance to redeem yourself.

33.46% with 250, 100, 50 donut, 30 daily, 10 tree, and Umbla stick. Guess you don't need an SG ticket or concert to 4 clear a sheet. Not crazy about the Umbla stick being crucial to this though.

SteveCZ
Jun 24, 2016, 12:26 PM

You can't even bother read mine. I'm saying that if the boss is too strong for them (and by this, leechers as you proposed, if you still can't read), please don't blame the boss, blame them. I suppose you are the one who is bad cause you're the only one who actually complaining that you are bothered by these leechers, so bad, that you got to say the boss has to keep up with these leechers.

Hard enough to understand? Read again, in short, I disagree with you just because of these leechers dragging you down and me, you want the PD to be nerfed again. Please, get a grip. You're basically saying you can't deal with it, but I can, because PD is how it is now supposed to be, despite of how easy for me to deal with this boss.

Find any post that says I hate this buff or annoyed with it, if it's not your post complaining you can't deal with this PD along with the leechers with it.

For the third time I'm saying, please, don't say the boss has to be nerfed again just because those leechers can't keep up with you, me, and others who can actually keep up. I'd rather be the carries in pug and complain about them rather than saying this buff is completely wrong. Don't tell me you want TD4 to be nerfed too just because you hardly carry them. Oh man. :-?

Also you are out of your fucking mind if you seriously suggest that I do lower difficulties (no endgame whatsoever) or solo EQs all the time just cause other people are bad. I am supposed to stop playing the game in any way that is fun just because others are bad? Let them ruin the game entirely for me?
Then make, a fucking, team. If you can't, of all these options I gave you, then don't complain if you can't even "keep up" with the pug.

I hope you can get me words now.

yoshiblue
Jun 24, 2016, 12:27 PM
I'm surprise, but not really, that they didn't make this event something similar to an LQ. Something a group of people can pick up at any time. If the plan is to make the game playable by anyone, they already achieved that with the regular Yamato and PD EQs. So making a harder EQ with the same drops as a replacement seems kind of dumb. Its only making everyone mad, but at the same time also making people realize how under geared they are.

So what if people are going to farm it for the 13*. They're still going to have to work for their Austeres.

Zyrusticae
Jun 24, 2016, 12:31 PM
Aside me, not one person in my MPA has >+5 or >30% or anything beyond junk affixes. No amount of skill is going to overcome that gear deficit :c
That's bloody terrifying.

Like, I don't bother with affixes, but I at least grind my shit to +30 and 60 element. Not doing that at a minimum, when it requires only a week's worth of weeklies and dailies, is just plain negligent.

One can only wonder how these people live with their shame. (Silly me, they have no shame!)

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 24, 2016, 12:32 PM
Why not just do team runs if pug'ing is that bad?

Team ded. I'm looking into a new one now that there's an EQ I care about again.

Side note, this run was like a breath of fresh air. I feel better. We had a WB too.

If I exclude my 23.4%, I think a good bit of the MPA was solid. 14.8, 14, 8.8, 8.6, 8.6...

33.46% with 250, 100, 50 donut, 30 daily, 10 tree, and Umbla stick. Guess you don't need an SG ticket or concert to 4 clear a sheet. Not crazy about the Umbla stick being crucial to this though.

Maybe LR units and timed abilities could push me over 33.33 then without the donut. Fastest source of silver badges was LQ?

TaigaUC
Jun 24, 2016, 12:40 PM
So, earlier I noticed that when Double had all 6 legs broken (ie. center tongue pops out) we got the "Double at half health" message.
If I recall correctly, it used to say that after breaking 4 legs. Did they redistribute the HP a little to make it so the last part lasts longer or something?

Also noticed PD will immediately go into next phase regardless of what it's doing.
Previously, you could pound it so hard that it skips to the final phase.

I'm not 100% discounting skill, it's just the sheer amount of damage difference you get from gear goes pretty underestimated.
I said this elsewhere already: there currently seems to be a big argument amongst JP players, with a bunch of people insisting that grinding/affixing does not really matter at all.

Saffran
Jun 24, 2016, 12:40 PM
You can exchange a gold badge against 10 silver badges.

milranduil
Jun 24, 2016, 12:48 PM
My performance is unstable. Last night, I was basically walking on water with my dodges and hitting an okay amount of Chain opportunities. This run, I got hit by a bunch of stuff I should have been able to dodge and soaked like five moons. And now I don't get another shot at it until midnight. That's one thing I really hate about the EQ system, especially with an EQ that only allows a single run; if you don't like your performance on one run, you can't do crap but sit tight and wait for your next chance to redeem yourself.

you realize you can put /mpal6 (or whichever slot your umbra is on) as a shortcut and just press it during the death cutscene... guaranteed to equip for boss crystal no matter how fast someone breaks.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 24, 2016, 12:56 PM
you realize you can put /mpal6 (or whichever slot your umbra is on) as a shortcut and just press it during the death cutscene... guaranteed to equip for boss crystal no matter how fast someone breaks.

How exactly do I set that up? It's shocking how many idiots still don't have the common courtesy to wait to break PD crystals.

milranduil
Jun 24, 2016, 01:04 PM
How exactly do I set that up? It's shocking how many idiots still don't have the common courtesy to wait to break PD crystals.

menu -> system -> chat options -> shortcut word. take your pick on which one you want. you may need to double check in controls to see what hotkey your shortcuts are set to.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 24, 2016, 01:05 PM
you may need to double check in controls to see what hotkey your shortcuts are set to.

Right that's what I was missing.

milranduil
Jun 24, 2016, 01:11 PM
Right that's what I was missing.

4th tab first row if you haven't found it already
http://puu.sh/pEBKb/8388502cf6.jpg

Xaelouse
Jun 24, 2016, 01:13 PM
And just like that the EQ is easy again

Loveless62
Jun 24, 2016, 03:29 PM
A solo video was already posted on the first day (not mine). It seems a 2.8K HP pool comes in handy:D

[SPOILER-BOX]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfvVipnCfIY[/SPOILER-BOX]

NoobSpectre
Jun 24, 2016, 08:06 PM

For my case, I used autochat for (1-10) or (F1-F10). Then use /mpal1-/mpa6 for, well, 1-6 (or f equivalent). The final 4 (7-10) is the common autochat.

Limited autochat, but yeah, it saves me from crystal fast breakers, since its possible to chg weapon at boss death animation.

What does the ARKS % do now anyways? I think it still gives something despite... well it claimed not to do anything.

milranduil
Jun 24, 2016, 08:19 PM
A solo video was already posted on the first day (not mine). It seems a 2.8K HP pool comes in handy:D

[SPOILER-BOX]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfvVipnCfIY[/SPOILER-BOX]

ponthi has already solo'd in 23min, and is working on a better time. new double/pd is even more heavily rng than the last so that's fun for TA l0l

Agastya
Jun 25, 2016, 12:25 AM
i love how much a good techer invalidates most of this boss.

just like most of the game, really, but this boss in particular.

i just wish i had a better source of jellen while subbing hu. maybe i'll get leopard tmgs.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 25, 2016, 06:08 AM
As if collection sheets requiring you to finish the quest, and kill something again after it hits 100%, there's also the fact that some targets for the collection sheet you can only get by luck in high risk AQs because sega still didn't make an XH version of all free fields to this fucking day!

I'm looking at you SH ringa.

There's also the case of dark ragne, and hooner being random as they are. Again with the AQs, or I'll have to work up my XQ floors solo.

I want to strangle their developers.

Xaeris
Jun 25, 2016, 06:30 AM
For ragne, farm the one in XQ2 51-55. For Hungary (autocorrect but I'm leaving it), you can go to XQ3 61-65. Incidentally, rigshrayda shows up with it. Ringa is bs though.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 25, 2016, 07:07 AM
It's also funny how nearly every target for the blue weapons are semi-rare darkers that you find maybe a half dozen of in a quest.

MOAR AQS!

Could be worse, though. Could be any weapon that isn't blue.

Agastya
Jun 25, 2016, 08:37 AM
you know that blue weapons are an area drop and not only from a specific monster, right

Shiyo
Jun 25, 2016, 12:07 PM
I never got to do this fight before the revamp, but I really enjoy this boss. Really fun! Only done it on SH so far though.

I also guess most people just want to instantly 1 shot the boss with a good group and not have to try at all? Kind of weird for me. You can only do the boss once so a "bad" mpa doesn't even matter, and the only time I have fun in this game is when things are actually difficult and people are making mistakes so that things don't instantly die. I like when I'm with bad players.

isCasted
Jun 25, 2016, 12:19 PM
SH was not revamped, it's exactly the same as before. Only XH was buffed. Also, run limit is per ship, so people may want to run it on multiple ships. Another thing is that speed is just an indicator of how pugs are really prepared for other EQs, where speed matters more.

Anyway, new PD is a very enjoyable fight. It's finally a proper "sequel" to the marvel that is Dark Falz Loser.

Double, however... Even pre-buff Double was annoying and cheap for melee, because there were cars, bears, floors - everything at once. It's wasn't causing frustration because it was easy. But now... Holy fuck... Just a single example: I can end up in that panic floor dirt thing because cars obscure all my vision, because there are so many of them chasing after me. And when that happens, Double uses MPA wipe attack while I'm stunlocked. Alternatively, I can block one incoming wipe attack, but cars are still there, and they run into me while I'm recovering from guard animation... So the outcome is exactly the same. Every. Fucking. Time.

Suirano
Jun 25, 2016, 02:35 PM
tl;dr: Double is a shit, PD is pretty fun.

After doing this mission a few more times I can finally have a better opinion of it. Double is just absolutely annoying more so than before. Moving around a lot more along with the cars causing panic so much can be absolutely irritable. It is managable, but can be irritable.

PD though is pretty fun granted I can't even see what I am being hit with mostly. The claw grab for some reason did 1,524 damage to me at one point and it normally seems to OHKO me regardless of whatever my HP is at the time ( I have never had lvl 3 boost during those phases so I don't know if its the same.) I do love how hard it can be to track him with him nyooming all over the place. I didn't realize that he does that laser slap of Anga's twice now and much faster. I also didn't know that at the final phase after defeating Persona, he shifts direction with that laser of his and that he charges what I am guessing is a bigger one if you fail to get all the bits in time or something.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 25, 2016, 05:38 PM
you know that blue weapons are an area drop and not only from a specific monster, right

That's literally what I just referenced when I said 'MOAR AQS' and 'Could be worse, though. Could be any weapon that isn't blue.'

Double, however... Even pre-buff Double was annoying and cheap for melee, because there were cars, bears, floors - everything at once. It's wasn't causing frustration because it was easy. But now... Holy fuck... Just a single example: I can end up in that panic floor dirt thing because cars obscure all my vision, because there are so many of them chasing after me. And when that happens, Double uses MPA wipe attack while I'm stunlocked. Alternatively, I can block one incoming wipe attack, but cars are still there, and they run into me while I'm recovering from guard animation... So the outcome is exactly the same. Every. Fucking. Time.

Yeah I'm still at a loss as to how to survive that bullshit without KC invincibility.

SteveCZ
Jun 25, 2016, 08:41 PM
Dodging Double's cars is almost the same as dodging DF Loser's red balls.

I also guess most people just want to instantly 1 shot the boss with a good group and not have to try at all? Kind of weird for me. You can only do the boss once so a "bad" mpa doesn't even matter, and the only time I have fun in this game is when things are actually difficult and people are making mistakes so that things don't instantly die. I like when I'm with bad players.

*slow clap* man who understands what pug really is.

Mattykins
Jun 25, 2016, 09:36 PM
Maybe I'm just rusty from not playing in a while, but I find this boss pretty hard to survive on as a Ra. Dive Roll doesn't really cut it against a lot of these attacks unless I dodge it with like... pinpoint accuracy, and even then, there's usually a followup that I can't dodge.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 25, 2016, 09:47 PM
Maybe I'm just rusty from not playing in a while, but I find this boss pretty hard to survive on as a Ra. Dive Roll doesn't really cut it against a lot of these attacks unless I dodge it with like... pinpoint accuracy, and even then, there's usually a followup that I can't dodge.

Well yeah dive roll kinda sucked for years.

I just had the best mostly pug group ever. Placed 12th with 8 randoms. Not like my party had to hardcore carry either. I saw a braver actually keep up with my damage unlike the last bunch who'd get beat by Te/Bos or something.

Dodging Double's cars is almost the same as dodging DF Loser's red balls.

The thing is that loser is almost always in front of you and the balls do not make an effort to circle around you unless your hugging the clock way too hard and way too long. The cars will get behind players easily.

Also, double is busy attacking you with whatever else (like the damn ram spam) when the cars do decide to move in after circling you to hitstun/panic players. Loser does nothing during the balls.

Mattykins
Jun 25, 2016, 09:51 PM
Yeah, my mpa was alright. I don't mind dying so much as long as the WB's up, I guess? I think I was the only Ra in that group so it was kinda frustrating when Double jerked around and my WBs went wide >:T

wefwq
Jun 25, 2016, 11:23 PM
Just tried yesterday, PD are cool now.
Got my shit handed on me once when PD does it's triple laser, i don't expect that s/he'll use it three times.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 27, 2016, 09:18 AM
36.19 on the last run

250 rdr
100 tri
50 donut
30 daily
LR3/temptation umbla stick
arks fleet rdr timed x3
LR unit x3
random drink rdr

Team tree happened to not have rdr on it.

FantasyHeaven
Jun 27, 2016, 09:25 AM
You don't have the right to complain about this game being too easy if you're having trouble with double swoops.

Achelousaurus
Jun 27, 2016, 09:39 AM
Well, exactly what I worried about happened now. Had to abandon. Was more or less like soloing it, everyone died every few seconds and double took 13 minutes.
After another 12 or so we finally managed to get pd to show his face. A few had left earlier so it was 9/12, still quite reasonable with decent players but with these pugs I didn't expect to finish.
Not to mention it was about as much fun as getting root canal procedure.

milranduil
Jun 27, 2016, 09:43 AM
Well, exactly what I worried about happened now. Had to abandon. Was more or less like soloing it, everyone died every few seconds and double took 13 minutes.
After another 12 or so we finally managed to get pd to show his face. A few had left earlier so it was 9/12, still quite reasonable with decent players but with these pugs I didn't expect to finish.
Not to mention it was about as much fun as getting root canal procedure.

garbo classes solo double faster than that, so i can only imagine what you were doing.

DatFox
Jun 27, 2016, 09:44 AM
10/10 proxy restart timing.

nguuuquaaa
Jun 27, 2016, 11:43 AM
Fcvk Double and all those Panic-inducing cars :-x do I FI/TE then

TaigaUC
Jun 28, 2016, 03:28 AM
I never got to do this fight before the revamp, but I really enjoy this boss. Really fun! Only done it on SH so far though.

A lot of people have multiple accounts or characters on multiple ships. That's why.
So you CAN do the boss multiple times. I usually get 2 runs in, sometimes 3.
Yes, that's with PUGs. I don't do organized runs anymore. Too much of a pain up the ass.

Meteor Weapon
Jun 28, 2016, 05:50 AM
I still don't know why people do multiple accounts rather than multiple characters on different ships. Not saying they dont do multi chara but having multi account sound a lot more effort needed to be done just to keep up.

TaigaUC
Jun 28, 2016, 06:01 AM
Because at the beginning I didn't intend to spend any money on the game, and we only had 1 free character slot.
So I made 3 characters (3 accounts).

It has some advantages and some disadvantages.

Caetho
Jun 28, 2016, 10:46 AM
I do the highest DPS in PuG runs with my Hu/Fo with crafted Weddle Park with Wind element on it. My Zanverse ticks so high, I am the best player ever.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 28, 2016, 11:18 AM
I am the best player ever.

Have a cookie.

Meteor Weapon
Jun 28, 2016, 12:02 PM
I do the highest DPS in PuG runs with my Hu/Fo with crafted Weddle Park with Wind element on it. My Zanverse ticks so high, I am the best player ever.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/scsc.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/q3Mlqo9bKkRkQ/giphy.gif

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/srcstc.gif

No amount of claps are enough to applaud you.

ZerotakerZX
Jun 28, 2016, 12:17 PM
You fell for a simpliest of tricks.

Meteor Weapon
Jun 28, 2016, 12:21 PM
I guess I missed the point, oh welp.

IchijinKali
Jun 28, 2016, 10:08 PM
Like always if you are with a group who knows what their job is they are still a piece of cake
[SPOILER-BOX]39796[/SPOILER-BOX]

ZerotakerZX
Jun 28, 2016, 11:42 PM
Like always if you are with a group who knows what their job is they are still a piece of cake
[SPOILER-BOX]39796[/SPOILER-BOX]

any group will make this easier. If you want challenge you must go solo.

IchijinKali
Jun 29, 2016, 12:21 AM
any group will make this easier. If you want challenge you must go solo.

I dunno last time I did this EQ I played a different character who is a BR/HU in B17 and because of a terrible RA and no healers, or buffs for that matter, there was almost always someone dead. At one point we would've all been dead had Iron Will not activated on me

Another run I did using that same BR/HU someone died to the castle's first attack, the straight explosive lasers. The spinning wall of death people don't seem to understand either keep moving or line yourself up with the opening, it is just a variation of Luther's spin blade.

That pic I posted was me playing my TE/RA because I was sick of the RAs not using WB. TEs, or for that matter FOs, not healing or buffing even during down time. However that run the RAs were making sure everything was WB, there was another TE who buffed during teleports, I took care of keeping everyone healed, buffed, and spammed Zanverse. This was all from a B21 random MPA.

I don't consider doing this EQ solo a challenge because then the only challenge is your patience and whenever you use invincibility frames to save yourself from the DPS check.

Selphea
Jun 29, 2016, 12:24 AM
Next PD I'm gonna try Gu/Bo and Megiverse super armor facetank all the things to see if it's better DPS than a higher damage combo that has to dodge.

Tried Gu/Hu, Automate ran out of mates :wacko:

SteveCZ
Jun 29, 2016, 12:53 AM
Next PD I'm gonna try Gu/Bo and Megiverse super armor facetank all the things to see if it's better DPS than a higher damage combo that has to dodge.

Tried Gu/Hu, Automate ran out of mates :wacko:

I really wish that Massive Hunter has no CD. I'd try things like '"CHARGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" without thinking' tank attack play style. Sometimes I'm bored with dodging and positioning, that's all. :D

KazukiQZ
Jun 29, 2016, 03:45 AM
^So...toggle-able Massive Hunter that has infinite time, and will reduce your PP when hit by attack (you will still take damage) while having the Massive Hunter up? :D

Gotta have something to make it more balanced lol

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 29, 2016, 03:47 AM
^So...toggle-able Massive Hunter that has infinite time, and will reduce your PP when hit by attack (you will still take damage) while having the Massive Hunter up? :D

Yeah seriously. Part of the reason I don't die to PD much is because of perma-super armor when guren spamming (can't be grabbed), and even I think that's a little rigged :/

Xaeris
Jun 29, 2016, 03:54 AM
Personally, I've always thought that you should only flinch or get knocked down/up/back if an attack hits for more than some % (smaller % for flinching) of your max HP. Massive Hunter could increase the threshold instead of making you outright immune. That way, building for some defense might still not be better than automate glass cannon, but it'd have a legit merit over it instead of being the joke it is now.

SteveCZ
Jun 29, 2016, 04:42 AM

Sounds fair to me. Gradually decrease HP like evil series would be fine too hahaha.

TaigaUC
Jun 29, 2016, 06:45 AM
It'd be interesting if staggering/falling mechanics were tied to character size and weight.
Kinda ridiculous seeing a huge character get knocked flying by a 1 damage attack.

And yes, red boss on red background plus requiring following the boss by eye as it zips around is not great design.
Ringarda EQ on PSO2ES is still sucky, too. Dark red boss on dark red background, with random quick charges that kill instantly.

黒雪Yacchi
Jun 29, 2016, 09:04 AM
It'd be interesting if staggering/falling mechanics were tied to character size and weight.
Kinda ridiculous seeing a huge character get knocked flying by a 1 damage attack.

This would piss off about 90% of the game's population.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 29, 2016, 09:33 AM
This would piss off about 90% of the game's population.

Breaking news: Loli has every bone in her body shattered after being flung 20 feet by the impact of a nab rappy peck. More at 11.

Zyrusticae
Jun 29, 2016, 09:57 AM
You would have to balance it out by giving short characters bonus PP regen.

TaigaUC
Jun 29, 2016, 12:17 PM
Yeah, just thought it'd be interesting. Obviously it wouldn't be very good for balance unless you do something to counter it.
Always thought it was interesting that PSO2 doesn't scale down weapons like other games.
Would be neat if we could customize weapon size to some degree.

Superia
Jun 29, 2016, 03:06 PM

I'd take it. I know that the great size difference between a giant cast and the smallest of lolis does not actually create much of a disparity in this game hitbox-wise, but it would be a welcome layer of customization and min-maxing. The thing is, I am not really sure what possible benefit not being giant would/should give you. In Xenoverse (I know, I know) speed, health, physical attack power and ki (tech?) attack power were all related to the creation of your character. I think the short to tall stat spectrum was like:

+00% Bonus Health +15% Bonus Speed
+05% Bonus Health +10% Bonus Speed
+10% Bonus Health +05% Bonus Speed
+15% Bonus Health +00% Bonus Speed

or something similar. Weight affected it as well, but I do not remember exactly how. While people liked it for that game, I imagine that the Supreme Loli Council would consider it to be pretty shit. Maybe if it were optional or something. It would also be sort of neat if building your character with high HP and resistance (Firesword?) gave you an innate resistance to knockback and stagger either by explicit calculation factoring in the player's defensive variables or by virtue of simply not taking enough damage to activate the threshold.

TaigaUC
Jun 29, 2016, 06:57 PM
If I recall correctly, Vindictus affected attack speed based on size. I don't remember if it affected damage.

Kokurokoki
Jun 29, 2016, 07:14 PM
I'd take it. I know that the great size difference between a giant cast and the smallest of lolis does not actually create much of a disparity in this game hitbox-wise, but it would be a welcome layer of customization and min-maxing. The thing is, I am not really sure what possible benefit not being giant would/should give you. In Xenoverse (I know, I know) speed, health, physical attack power and ki (tech?) attack power were all related to the creation of your character. I think the short to tall stat spectrum was like:

or something similar. Weight affected it as well, but I do not remember exactly how. While people liked it for that game, I imagine that the Supreme Loli Council would consider it to be pretty shit. Maybe if it were optional or something. It would also be sort of neat if building your character with high HP and resistance (Firesword?) gave you an innate resistance to knockback and stagger either by explicit calculation factoring in the player's defensive variables or by virtue of simply not taking enough damage to activate the threshold.

This would actually require SEGA to do work and know how to make and balance a good game.

TaigaUC
Jul 3, 2016, 09:53 PM
Did PD for the hell of it yesterday and got an arm unit worth 12m, so I thought, "Hey! Let's try PD again today and maybe I'll get more easy cash!"
Nope, just a 13 star egg. I got 13 star candy the other day. I wasn't using Summoner either time. Yay, class boost.
Edit: Goddamit! It's a Sari egg! Noooooooo~~~~~

So, today. Had an amazing first run with a PUG. Cleared in 9 minutes, came in 20th. Fastest group I've seen yet, by far.
Then, for second run, the game placed me into a block with a run filling up, so I thought I was lucky. Plenty of time to get 3 runs!
Nope... really slow group. People dying non-stop, despite Arks Level 2. One guy died every few seconds, died to Persona even.
It was so bad that two people left. 1 left during Double. Finished with a minute and a half to go, barely got into a third run.
Sadly, the third run was even worse than the 2nd run. At least I didn't have tickets running. Another guy kept dying non stop.

I managed to get a few peeks at people's gear. Incomplete half-grinded 13 stars, and a bunch of people REALLY like the 10 star blue wing units.
But apparently not enough to grind them past 0. Or even affix them.
That's right, lots of people just wear the 10 star blue wing set ungrinded with trash or no affixes. And as you'd expect, they kept dying repeatedly.
I don't think those are even good units. If I recall correctly, their defense sucks.

I really don't understand how people can grind NT stuff and 13 stars that require Lambda Grinders, but can't afford to upgrade super cheap crappy units? At all?
What the hell.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 3, 2016, 10:19 PM
I managed to get a few peeks at people's gear. Incomplete half-grinded 13 stars, and a bunch of people REALLY like the 10 star blue wing units.
But apparently not enough to grind them past 0. Or even affix them.
That's right, lots of people just wear the 10 star blue wing set ungrinded with trash or no affixes. And as you'd expect, they kept dying repeatedly.
I don't think those are even good units. If I recall correctly, their defense sucks.
I complained about this a lot and well it's just about what majority of the Eng community has (I'm sure JP too but i dont see it as much) along with dropped 10*'s from any of the DF EQ's or PD or TD. Honestly, crafted Hiei at least EX6 is always welcomed over these Gryphon units.

I really don't understand how people can grind NT stuff and 13 stars that require Lambda Grinders, but can't afford to upgrade super cheap crappy units? At all?
What the hell.
Casual base really

SteveCZ
Jul 3, 2016, 10:48 PM
Pug update:
And after more than a week of a new PD, I see less deaths.

I see more players with HP affixed units (50 - 140 each), and same people I know using pure atk units changed to HP units, for this EQ only.
The most funny I ever get into is, there's one MPA filled with many players that wear unhidden brisa sets with HP affixed units. It almost seems like they just made it. lol.

But I can't tell if people are getting better, or they just can't die anymore. Lool.

That's ship 4, no idea on ship 2.

Zysets
Jul 3, 2016, 11:31 PM
I've been encountering less deaths in the new PD now as well. Either people are really trying to gear up or have gotten used to the changes, maybe both.

But I have to admit it's made me replan skill trees a bit among other things, this has been a good wake up call for a lot of people it as far as I can see.

ZerotakerZX
Jul 3, 2016, 11:41 PM
What's wrong with ppl die on new PD? Since new PD is still laughphably easy to me, ressurection of other playes I see as an extra layer of challenge. Like, can you choose a moment and position to revitalize as many comrades as you can at once?

SteveCZ
Jul 3, 2016, 11:44 PM
What's wrong with ppl die on new PD? Since new PD is still laugbly easy to me ressurection of other playes I see as an extra layer of challenge. Like, can you choose a moment and position to revitalize as many comrades as you can at once?

Yeah I agree it's part of the challenge (better than complaining about it on why people keep dying).

What I'm saying is I saw people switching to HP gear lately for this PD to probably survive more so they don't die often when they can't handle it with pure ATK gear.

milranduil
Jul 4, 2016, 07:28 AM
I've been encountering less deaths in the new PD now as well. Either people are really trying to gear up or have gotten used to the changes, maybe both.

But I have to admit it's made me replan skill trees a bit among other things, this has been a good wake up call for a lot of people it as far as I can see.

huh? why would you change your skill tree? what is there to change?

Xaeris
Jul 4, 2016, 07:39 AM
It's like Rangers have gone extinct. I haven't had a Ranger outside of a team run in days now; if I don't do it myself, there's no WB. I don't like WB duty, but it feels irresponsible for me to ignore it. Thankfully PD's HP is balanced around jammed WB, so the difference isn't as steep when I don't have my own WB available on what I'm playing, but it still feels like something crucial is missing.

NephyrisX
Jul 4, 2016, 07:44 AM
It's like Rangers have gone extinct. I haven't had a Ranger outside of a team run in days now; if I don't do it myself, there's no WB. I don't like WB duty, but it feels irresponsible for me to ignore it. Thankfully PD's HP is balanced around jammed WB, so the difference isn't as steep when I don't have my own WB available on what I'm playing, but it still feels like something crucial is missing.

I can't exactly fault the lack of Rangers. Rangers have little escape against the massive AOE nature of DFD and PD's attacks outside of their small time window with their dodge.

milranduil
Jul 4, 2016, 07:52 AM
wb = 20%, zanverse = 28% with wind mastery maxed. yet people leave when no wb, but stay if no zanverse.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 4, 2016, 08:27 AM
Didn't even mention that tasty shifta strike.

I did have one run that was hilariously long despite having both a Ra and a Te. Wish I had the time to quietly criticize their gear before killing double and PD.

TaigaUC
Jul 5, 2016, 12:15 AM
Ugh. Still seeing a lot of people with fancy decent weapons and then half grinded 10 star units with rubbish affixes, who just die repeatedly even during Arks Level 2 and 3.
Grinding 10 star units to 10 is soooooooo cheap and easy. Usually costs ~100-200k to grind an 11 star unit to +10. Pretty sure a single 13 star grind costs more than that.

You'd think if they're dying constantly they'd think, "maybe I need to grind units to get that huge massive defense boost!" but apparently no.

Dammy
Jul 5, 2016, 12:56 AM
^ and like 90% of them have english names

ZerotakerZX
Jul 5, 2016, 01:15 AM
So back to eqiupment elitism, while DPS elitism is n/a?

Dammy
Jul 5, 2016, 02:51 AM
I've seen some guy wearing +0 units in ULT on day with 2 Bal Rodos dailies , so money is no excuse
3 months later , same guy with +0 units

its them, who consider themselves smarter than everyone else, not "elitists" you are talking about

Great Pan
Jul 5, 2016, 04:19 AM
I've seen some guy wearing +0 units in ULT on day with 2 Bal Rodos dailies , so money is no excuse
3 months later , same guy with +0 units

its them, who consider themselves smarter than everyone else, not "elitists" you are talking about

Yup, 'fashion before gears' type. Get rid of 'em!

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 5, 2016, 07:58 AM
So back to eqiupment elitism, while DPS elitism is n/a?

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/9d/9d488c4dd6b949416c85906c5bd7a4c3d3163632d5606a6a06 8e487c0f3a2d73.jpg

AnikaSteinberg
Jul 5, 2016, 09:40 AM
You'd think if they're dying constantly they'd think, "maybe I need to grind units to get that huge massive defense boost!" but apparently no.

I'm really mystified at this. Even if these 'casuals' argue that offensive affixes do no matter much (which we know of course is completely, and absolutely wrong), they could have at east concluded that having better HP affixes gives them FAR better survivability, and having better PP affixes gives them FAR better PA/tech spammability.

Ah well, why spend 200K-1M on better affixes/upgrades when you can just blow that 10M instead on the latest groovy LA i guess.

Vintasticvin
Jul 5, 2016, 10:05 AM
Hm, finally did the new Double/PD and it kinda felt the same except Double moved faster, has incredibly small windows of opportunity to attack it and seems much more aggressive as for PD the same can ve said about its aggressiveness and the bulb is up for an incredibly short time and they both seem to have more hp?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 5, 2016, 10:06 AM
Hm, finally did the new Double/PD and it kinda felt the same except Double moved faster, has incredibly small windows of opportunity to attack it and seems much more aggressive as for PD the same can ve said about its aggressiveness and the bulb is up for an incredibly short time and they both seem to have more hp?

I don't believe they do. They just deprive you of as many chances to beat the tar out of them.

Also, double resists ice.

Also PD doesn't gain arbitrary weapon weaknesses.

TaigaUC
Jul 5, 2016, 10:46 AM
I would say I prioritize fashion over gear, but that's because I already got decent gear a long time ago.
The way I see it, the better gear you have, the faster you can earn money.
Don't know why people prefer to be useless for years and earn at a far reduced rate.
I don't think it's elitist to expect people to +10 easily obtainable ~2 year old units, at the very least. Costs maybe 400k.

The fastest groups seem to do this for PD:
1. Break 3 faces to trigger the new laser+bits mini-phase.
2. Break most of the bits, but leave a few left.
3. Force PD to go into phase 2, with a few bits still flying around.
4. Break the remaining bits, to force PD to reveal core. Timing for this is sort of tight depending on multi damage.
5. Bash the core. This makes it much easier to go to phase 3 quickly.

Raujinn
Jul 5, 2016, 11:30 AM
Did they change the first arena-sweep pattern? It used to be random but now it's back to the original 4 safe zones in the corners for the first one. The rest are still random.

Vintasticvin
Jul 5, 2016, 11:53 AM
I don't believe they do. They just deprive you of as many chances to beat the tar out of them.

Also, double resists ice.

Also PD doesn't gain arbitrary weapon weaknesses.

Hmm so Double DOES resist ice I had knew something was off cause my ice and light kick damage were usually close. Needless to say the increased difficulty delights me :3

milranduil
Jul 5, 2016, 12:20 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/9d/9d488c4dd6b949416c85906c5bd7a4c3d3163632d5606a6a06 8e487c0f3a2d73.jpg
10/10 best meme

Hmm so Double DOES resist ice I had knew something was off cause my ice and light kick damage were usually close. Needless to say the increased difficulty delights me :3
yes, he has 40% reduced damage from ice techs (which sadly would also reduce the additional attack bonus you get from an ice weapon, but is much less than a 40% damage reduction, but who uses ice weps pls).

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 5, 2016, 12:29 PM
Double not being ilbarta fodder for any Fo with a functioning RMB, and making Fo's work for their damage nearly as much as melee classes do can create the illusion that it has more HP, when in truth it was just designed to not be as easily punked.

milranduil
Jul 5, 2016, 12:47 PM
Double not being ilbarta fodder for any Fo with a functioning RMB, and making Fo's work for their damage nearly as much as melee classes do can create the illusion that it has more HP, when in truth it was just designed to not be as easily punked.

i wouldn't go that far. talis fast throw ragrants dumps all over double if you know his attack patterns.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 5, 2016, 12:50 PM
i wouldn't go that far. talis fast throw ragrants dumps all over double if you know his attack patterns.

Well I did say 'nearly'. Probably just not as 'near' as one would hope. Either way, it's a safe bet to make on the fact most Fo's haven't adjusted to it yet.

Rakurai
Jul 5, 2016, 01:29 PM
Did they change the first arena-sweep pattern? It used to be random but now it's back to the original 4 safe zones in the corners for the first one. The rest are still random.

It still hits in seemingly random directions for me.

It's also rather frequently centered directly on me, which makes me wonder if it targets the players doing the most damage (Since Zanverse contributes a ton).

Loveless62
Jul 5, 2016, 06:00 PM
The sweep pattern is always centered in the arena, but the passes are not parallel with the edges. They can be pretty close to parallel, though. Heading toward the edges still helps in dodging the attack. Even if you pick the wrong spot to run to, you still only have to deal with one pass at worst.

Raujinn
Jul 5, 2016, 08:46 PM
Yes I'm roughly aware of how the new Double works, I've caught basically every instance of it since it was released. That's how it was for me every time until about 2 days ago, the first sweeps were centered but at a random angle. Last 4 or so I've done it did the old + pattern though, as in exactly parallel to the arena edges which is why I brought it up at all. Either I've just been astoundingly unlucky or they changed it.

Could just be an odd bug I happen to have been hit with, or maybe Double is actually limited in the angles it can pick to orient that attack but like I say I only bring it up because it''s happened again and again and I wondered if anyone else had experienced it.

Loveless62
Jul 6, 2016, 10:09 AM
Yes I'm roughly aware of how the new Double works, I've caught basically every instance of it since it was released. That's how it was for me every time until about 2 days ago, the first sweeps were centered but at a random angle. Last 4 or so I've done it did the old + pattern though, as in exactly parallel to the arena edges which is why I brought it up at all. Either I've just been astoundingly unlucky or they changed it.

Could just be an odd bug I happen to have been hit with, or maybe Double is actually limited in the angles it can pick to orient that attack but like I say I only bring it up because it''s happened again and again and I wondered if anyone else had experienced it.
It is possible that the rotation cannot take on all values up to 360 degrees. Maybe it can only take on multiples of 15 degrees or something like that. After all, there is little difference between a 0 degree rotation 3 degree rotation, or between a 15 degree rotation and a 17 degree rotation.

As to why you had four pluses in a row, well, RNG's gonna RNG.

nguuuquaaa
Jul 6, 2016, 10:19 AM
I still died on those f*ing cars :-x

TaigaUC
Jul 6, 2016, 01:18 PM
I just use Umbra Stick to Mirage Escape through the castle charging.
Easiest way to deal with it.

Loveless62
Jul 6, 2016, 02:45 PM
I just use Umbra Stick to Mirage Escape through the castle charging.
Easiest way to deal with it.
This is the universal fallback for all classes (if they don't already have something appropriate they can do with their main weapons).

That is, it works for all classes except for the poor, poor WB-slave rangers. :cry:

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 7, 2016, 08:21 AM
Well I've learned I seriously can't fit in a banish combo at all on double if the rest of the MPA is strong enough.

The more you know.

sheen20
Jul 7, 2016, 10:07 AM
My thought is there is a 70% chance I will disconnect right before the final boss dies ^_^ lol anyone else like me?

silo1991
Jul 7, 2016, 11:47 AM
the only thing i don't get is how the people die in shot with PD if we have the 3rd buff, seriously how is that posible if im a FO/TE the squishiest combination in the game ; i got hit dozens of times and i still survive

i wonder if the people carry mates or even wear armors ?

TaigaUC
Jul 7, 2016, 12:23 PM
One time, I think I had Arks Level 2 or 3 and died from a single hit on final phase, despite full health. It looked like a clawing attack hit me.
Don't know how that was possible. I usually have full Saiki or full Ideal unit set (+10 of course), with around ~1100 HP (without buffs).

Sirius-91
Jul 7, 2016, 12:25 PM
the only thing i don't get is how the people die in shot with PD if we have the 3rd buff, seriously how is that posible if im a FO/TE the squishiest combination in the game ; i got hit dozens of times and i still survive

i wonder if the people carry mates or even wear armors ?

They're just bad. Unless they're FO/TE glass cannon.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 7, 2016, 12:34 PM
One time, I think I had Arks Level 2 or 3 and died from a single hit on final phase, despite full health. It looked like a clawing attack hit me.
Don't know how that was possible. I usually have full Saiki or full Ideal unit set (+10 of course), with around ~1100 HP (without buffs).

The grab + slam is pretty much a one shot for most players.

The actual claw lunge shouldn't one shot, but if you're in the middle of the arena, you might get hit by PD's other arm at the same time, and fall over.

TehCubey
Jul 7, 2016, 12:51 PM
the only thing i don't get is how the people die in shot with PD if we have the 3rd buff

LB or PP convert active, perhaps. That or bad players.

TaigaUC
Jul 7, 2016, 07:14 PM
I meant final phase as in tinny gold armor eyeball chest guy mode.
I know super PD's grab slam tends to kill.

Loveless62
Jul 8, 2016, 11:11 AM
I meant final phase as in tinny gold armor eyeball chest guy mode.
I know super PD's grab slam tends to kill.
In that phase, PD has a three-hit combo slam move that was introduced in version 2. The third hit is a double-fisted slam that can do around 1.6K of damage and always hits in the middle of the shuttle. As far as I can remember, that is his most powerful attack in that phase in terms of damage in a single hit.

So, during that part of the fight, STAY OUT OF THE MIDDLE!

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 8, 2016, 11:38 AM
In that phase, PD has a three-hit combo slam move that was introduced in version 2. The third hit is a double-fisted slam that can do around 1.6K of damage and always hits in the middle of the shuttle. As far as I can remember, that is his most powerful attack in that phase in terms of damage in a single hit.

Oh that. Didn't know it hit that hard. Never got hit by it.

TaigaUC
Jul 8, 2016, 02:54 PM
Thanks. With all the crap flying around sometimes it's hard to see what's going on.

I have a habit of using step dash instead of guard, but sometimes I swear I step dash and die anyway.
Probably timing off by 0.0001 seconds. Maybe I should put one more point in Step Dash invincibility.

Zyrusticae
Jul 8, 2016, 02:57 PM
Still want Double to just straight-up get removed from the quest.

Most tedious, boring, frustrating boss fight imaginable. Too much shit to dodge, too much chasing a moving target, etc., etc. Just the opposite of fun.

Starryeyedbunny
Jul 8, 2016, 08:15 PM

Can't emphasize that enough. I am sure a Hunter main could survive that, but without affixes...yeah, not gonna be a good idea to stand there otherwise. Of course if I remember right, his other hits only stun you so he can probably combo you into death.

Of course he could do to you what he did to me. Aimed every single 'hand attack' at my character while the rest of the MPA was literally in the other corner. First the two "energy slashes" and then the 3 slam attack. He decided that after the second wave killed me my body wasn't dead enough so he made sure to slam that twice before going "oh hey there's other ants to squash". Chances are if his insanely damaging 3rd slam could be aimed he would of smashed my character again.

Fo/Te life. You can do maximum damage but hell to survive if you get all his hate.

Of course the clone is still the worst. Literally programmed to throw energy balls you would need to dodge with mirage step and just as your i-frames are ending and you can't control, bam, sword to the skull. Might need to fix that one... It's resulted in me using Fo-enabled knuckles just so I can chip at the clone's health some what rather than being faceplanted for it all... Really should practice that short mirage step .w.; Shouldn't need an exploit to survive though....

TyroneSama
Jul 8, 2016, 08:27 PM
I am sure a Hunter main could survive that
Unless you've got full HP crafts and decent HP affixes, not even Massive Hunter is going to save you from the slam. Fortunately, you should be at the front of the platform with a precast Over End anyway, so it's not like it's a major threat to you.

Superia
Jul 8, 2016, 08:32 PM
Of course the clone is still the worst. Literally programmed to throw energy balls you would need to dodge with mirage step and just as your i-frames are ending and you can't control, bam, sword to the skull. Might need to fix that one... It's resulted in me using Fo-enabled knuckles just so I can chip at the clone's health some what rather than being faceplanted for it all... Really should practice that short mirage step .w.; Shouldn't need an exploit to survive though....

Tech Parry?

nguuuquaaa
Jul 8, 2016, 09:09 PM
My thought on this EQ.
[spoiler-box]Too many insta-kill slam moves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUIkXqpehVE[/spoiler-box]

Selphea
Jul 8, 2016, 10:03 PM
Still want Double to just straight-up get removed from the quest.

Most tedious, boring, frustrating boss fight imaginable. Too much shit to dodge, too much chasing a moving target, etc., etc. Just the opposite of fun.

Don't chase it, just pick a half to focus on and if it happens to not be in your half chill there and eventually if it will be if the MPA is bad enough :wacko:

TaigaUC
Jul 8, 2016, 10:36 PM
I also want Double removed. It's not fun to fight, and kinda tires my eyes easily.
It's also probably one of the ugliest enemies in the game.

For Persona, I just turn on Massive Hunter+Limit Break, open with a bunch of Backhand Smash, and then spam Heartless Impact+Surprise Knuckle until it dies.

NephyrisX
Jul 8, 2016, 11:21 PM
The only problem with Double are those cars. Seriously, those cars are fucking monsters and disrupt EVERYTHING.

Altiea
Jul 8, 2016, 11:40 PM
Don't chase it, just pick a half to focus on and if it happens to not be in your half chill there and eventually if it will be if the MPA is bad enough :wacko:

Pretty much this. If you don't have ways to hit things behind walls and you know your damage is fairly decent, don't bother hunting the weak point if at least 9 other players are chasing it for you. Having players to home in on the weak point the moment Double stuns makes the fight move along significantly faster.

TyroneSama
Jul 9, 2016, 06:37 AM
I've grown to appreciate the Double fight more and more as I keep working on it. It's a very different kind of challenge than the constant stationary damage-sponge superbosses: the fact that your time relies on panic RNG is a little frustrating, but I'm fond of it nonetheless. Super panic is a terrifying debuff and cars really let tankier specs show their stuff.

Superia
Jul 9, 2016, 08:34 AM
It always felt more like a chore than anything dangerous, but I suppose that is due to Tech Charge Parry and Super Treatment completely shutting it down.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 9, 2016, 08:55 AM
I wish I could just uncharged anti myself. Probably the one thing I miss most about Bo.

Fck those cars.

EvilMag
Jul 9, 2016, 09:04 AM
When I first saw those cars it made me think of those car enemies in Kingdom Hearts 2.

And yet they made them just as annoying to fight.

Zephyrion
Jul 9, 2016, 09:12 AM
Well, I instantly fell in love with how dicksih new Double is. It's annoying, but that makes it really fun to me.
Also, if your party doesn't have a TE at the ready to help and you're the one building aggro, you should just back off a little bit. Might sound dumb, but keeping on chasing those weak points when 4 cars are running at you and will explode on the whole MPA to cause hurt and mayhem can actually slow things down quite a bit, where you could just get just enough distance to make them explode a bit farther away and get back into the fight righ after.