PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a tier list of classes/weapons

Shiyo
Jun 22, 2016, 05:05 PM
Interested in a tier list of classes and weapons currently.

Would like to play what's best and strongest and really interested how class balance is now, if anyone can help.

Thanks in advanced.

milranduil
Jun 22, 2016, 05:25 PM
strong: fo/te, fo/br, te/br, fi/hu, hu/fi, ra/hu, gu/ra, su/br, su/fi

this is of course dependent on content.

TaigaUC
Jun 22, 2016, 06:11 PM
As in, it's situational. It also depends on what gear you're able to get ahold of, what skills you use, your Mag, etc.
Best try out the tutorials and see which class you like best, and then focus on that main, with a good sub.

By the way, according to the latest report, Braver is the most popular main class, followed by Hunter, Bouncer, Ranger, Force.
http://pso2.jp/players/event/4th_aor/report/player/

itsbao93
Jun 22, 2016, 06:20 PM
As in, it's situational. It also depends on what gear you're able to get ahold of, what skills you use, your Mag, etc.
Best try out the tutorials and see which class you like best, and then focus on that main, with a good sub.

By the way, according to the latest report, Braver is the most popular main class.
http://pso2.jp/players/event/4th_aor/report/player/
That's by popularity. He meant what's the best and strongest.

Though I do believe beavers dish out decent DPS. Just haven't had personal experience with all the other classes besides fo/te.

Xaelouse
Jun 22, 2016, 06:24 PM
There's a lot of worthless content in this game that leads people to believe that some classes are still useful at all, so weeding them out it boils down to FO/TE and RA/HU. These two classes are borderline mandatory in some quests

Besides that, here's my mess of a tier list of most weapons on their main class vs. single bosses. From personal observations:

Top: Twin Dagger (LB), Knuckles (LB), Double Saber (LB), Bow, Twin Machine gun (Chain), Rifle, Rod/Talis
High: Partizan, Dual Blades (PBF), Jet Boots (RB), Twin Dagger (No LB), Knuckles (No LB), Double Saber (No LB)
Mid: Gunslash, Katana, Wired Lance, Twin Machine Gun (No Chain), Jet Boots (No RB), Dual Blades (No PBF), Sword
Bottom: Wand (Melee), Launcher

TehCubey
Jun 22, 2016, 06:56 PM
Purely subjective, based on personal experience and performance of many MPAs:

Classes in order of how easy it is to kick ass with them: Br > Fo > Ra > Fi > Te > Hu > Bo > Su
No idea tier: Gu

Mainclass only. We're talking midcore experience here, not super hardcore lategame players with 180 atk affixes who organize MPAs that clear PD in 2 minutes.

Also note that a lower tier class can still perform well, it just requires more effort/investment.

Selphea
Jun 22, 2016, 07:15 PM
strong: fo/te, fo/br, te/br, fi/hu, hu/fi, ra/hu, gu/ra, su/br, su/fi

this is of course dependent on content.

No more Br/Gu or Gu/Te? :O

Then again Maggy barely happens nowadays

But afaik:

PD: Ice/Light/Wind Fo/Te or Ra/Hu WB Senpai
Premade Maggy: Te/Ra, Gu/Te and stack Br/Gu
Pub Maggy: Ra/Hu WB Senpai and stack Fi/Hu
TD4: Fire/Light/Dark Fo/Te or Ra/Hu WB Senpai
Solo XQ: Br/Hu Katana Combat Guren Lord
Yamato: So derp you can even faceroll as Jet Boots Bo with time to spare
Sanctum LQ: Fire/Light/Dark Fo/Te
PI: Duo in 3 minutes with Te/Ra and Br/Gu, most of which is portal time and cutscene time
TD1~3: Does this even exist anymore?
UQ: Does this even exist anymore?
TAs: Go check desat's Youtube
I don't know what quest I'm doing!: Go figure out what you're doing then come back

milranduil
Jun 22, 2016, 07:26 PM
No more Br/Gu or Gu/Te? :O

Then again Maggy barely happens nowadays

i left out extremely niche classes that are relevant for fixed groups only (not pug).

Shiyo
Jun 22, 2016, 08:20 PM
There's a lot of worthless content in this game that leads people to believe that some classes are still useful at all, so weeding them out it boils down to FO/TE and RA/HU. These two classes are borderline mandatory in some quests

Besides that, here's my mess of a tier list of most weapons on their main class vs. single bosses. From personal observations:

Top: Twin Dagger (LB), Knuckles (LB), Double Saber (LB), Bow, Twin Machine gun (Chain), Rifle, Rod/Talis
High: Partizan, Dual Blades (PBF), Jet Boots (RB), Twin Dagger (No LB), Knuckles (No LB), Double Saber (No LB)
Mid: Gunslash, Katana, Wired Lance, Twin Machine Gun (No Chain), Jet Boots (No RB), Dual Blades (No PBF), Sword
Bottom: Wand (Melee), Launcher

Does katana go up a tier if you can keep up the gear?

Selphea
Jun 22, 2016, 08:57 PM
I'd actually drop Bow a tier and up Katana a tier with the new Profound Darkness. Bow has high DPS on paper but does progressively worse the more aggressive or mobile a boss is. Conversely, Katana can chase with Guren and counter for free. Will not beat Knuckles with Heartless/F1K/BHS but the skill cap is much lower.

milranduil
Jun 22, 2016, 10:52 PM
bow in general is bad on pd. banish disappears on a broken part and all of the parts move quite fast now with new pd. better off with guard gekka and guren.

Raujinn
Jun 23, 2016, 04:24 PM
I think banish/graptor disappears when PD turns around too doesn't it? Also when it despawns a hitbox in general I guess (not just because the part broke).

Shadowth117
Jun 23, 2016, 04:33 PM
I think banish/graptor disappears when PD turns around too doesn't it? Also when it despawns a hitbox in general I guess (not just because the part broke).

That's correct. Despawns kill banish/volg.