PDA

View Full Version : [PSO2 4th Anniversary Report] Body stats. This doesn't seem right...

Zyrusticae
Jun 22, 2016, 07:45 PM
Just... just look at this. Look at the difference between the 3rd anniversary and the 4th:

http://i.imgur.com/mZvi7Lj.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Just what happened? What is going on here? [SPOILER]Why'd so many people leave the Itty Bitty Titty Committee!?

(Obligatory link to the actual report. (http://pso2.jp/players/event/4th_aor/report/player/))

ZerotakerZX
Jun 22, 2016, 07:50 PM
Game got visual update, so chars had to too.

Xaeris
Jun 22, 2016, 07:57 PM
With a difference that large, I think it's more likely that the game's own standards for measuring are different now. At the very least, I know they screwed with the weight checker to make everyone lighter (to my mild annoyance) a few weeks back.

In other developments, the male population seems to have gained a little ground. It's still not even close, but still. That's, like, the exact opposite of what I would have expected to happen.

Nyansan
Jun 22, 2016, 08:09 PM
In other developments, the male population seems to have gained a little ground. It's still not even close, but still. That's, like, the exact opposite of what I would have expected to happen.

With female stuff ticket prices skyrocketting? Uhhh...

Keilyn
Jun 22, 2016, 08:19 PM
...or maybe its a combination of both, the graphic update and players wanting to retain appeal to their characters. The world's most common cup-size are A-Bs, making up close to 65% of women in the world. I learned that one in classes for a submajor, Seems people are going bigger these days, though height-scale is similar...

NoobSpectre
Jun 22, 2016, 08:29 PM
4 years, and you expect loli to never grown up?
Still loli, but years will develop some serious hormone.

Nyansan
Jun 22, 2016, 08:33 PM
Actually yeah now that I think of it I remember people on twitter and tumblr going on that their character has 'grown' during the 2 year sleep. Dunno why just the bewbs tho. Guess they wanna see that T6 plot :wacko:

Meteor Weapon
Jun 22, 2016, 09:17 PM
I'll stick to being "justice" on my characters, whether they've grown or not.

Zeroem
Jun 22, 2016, 09:43 PM
Well, even digital loli can't stay loli forever :wacko:

Meteor Weapon
Jun 22, 2016, 10:34 PM
You don't really need to be a loli to stay "justice". :wacko:

Korima
Jun 22, 2016, 10:41 PM
Wait, that is real?

I mean I don't have a problem if a fan do that but... are you telling me that Sega is wasting time looking at the breast size of the players characters?

Now I understand a lot of things.

Zeroem
Jun 22, 2016, 11:16 PM
Wait, that is real?

I mean I don't have a problem if a fan do that but... are you telling me that Sega is wasting time looking at the breast size of the players characters?

Well, it's already going for 4 years now, so.......

Great Pan
Jun 22, 2016, 11:44 PM
Mountains over washboards, people. Get over it.

landman
Jun 23, 2016, 02:43 AM
Wait, that is real?

Yeah because every one of these parameters is not a single number in their database and getting one or another is not as simple as exporting a table to excell.

TaigaUC
Jun 23, 2016, 04:04 AM
My characters actually went backwards. Big boobs look like shit on most outfits.
The main problem is that cloth does not conform around the body to reveal more skin.
Instead, the cloth magically stretches whilst staying plastered to the body.
That, the low polygons, silly flapping physics, and clipping through stuff... not great.

I think there are more guys now because guys finally got some decent outfits.
You saw how many people were excited about the suit outfit on the livestream.
There're also more Casts now. Of course.

SolRiver
Jun 23, 2016, 04:36 AM
people got older and begin to prefer more fat on the chest?

I wonder how accurate this thing is. Considering people can change boob size at a whim.

Nyansan
Jun 23, 2016, 05:03 AM
My characters actually went backwards. Big boobs look like shit on most outfits.
The main problem is that cloth does not conform around the body to reveal more skin.
Instead, the cloth magically stretches whilst staying plastered to the body.
That, the low polygons, silly flapping physics, and clipping through stuff... not great.

I think there are more guys now because guys finally got some decent outfits.
You saw how many people were excited about the suit outfit on the livestream.
There're also more Casts now. Of course.

That and cuz some outfits have this prebuilt boob cup that makes big busts looks hideous lol.
Also, there's not enough male outfit varieties. Hagito's suit and the one in the Toro Kuro scratch are almost exactly the same :/

Enforcer MKV
Jun 23, 2016, 10:55 AM
Because large breasts are better. Obviously. Bwahahaha.

*rolls eyes*

Zyrusticae
Jun 23, 2016, 02:26 PM
It's not like I really mind being a part of the 4%. I feel special that way.

All of my characters are as flat as the game allows, and that will never change. I do think the terminology is misleading, as the smallest size in-game is definitely closer to an A than AA, but what can you do?

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/UMiDYlb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/eKLZktD.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Shoterxx
Jun 23, 2016, 02:29 PM
Wow, my main is in the <0.1% range ("just" tall).

Keilyn
Jun 23, 2016, 02:43 PM
The point isn't feel special by being in the < 1% range, but to actually be happy with the character that you have. You are the one who is playing it, so you should be happy with who you are playing as. ^_^

Shoterxx
Jun 23, 2016, 02:48 PM
Well, my point was that I was somewhat alone in that demographic, not feeling special about it, a bit saddened if anything. :/

Xaeris
Jun 23, 2016, 04:07 PM
Photon art and technique statistics are available now. You all get one guess as to which katana PA is the most used.

Meteor Weapon
Jun 23, 2016, 04:47 PM
What else other than Guren spam?

Tunga
Jun 23, 2016, 05:49 PM
II-megid is most used dark tech.

TehCubey
Jun 23, 2016, 06:07 PM
Just what happened? What is going on here?

I was going to say that Japan finally got some taste, but the average height for a female character is still way below 160 cm, so...

Zyrusticae
Jun 23, 2016, 06:20 PM
I was going to say that Japan finally got some taste
And I would say you can go fuck yourself, but you probably do that plenty on your own anyway. :)

TehCubey
Jun 23, 2016, 06:26 PM
Wow, someone's defensive.

Keilyn
Jun 23, 2016, 06:38 PM
I was going to say that Japan finally got some taste, but the average height for a female character is still way below 160 cm, so...

Average Height of a Girl is 5'2 (157cm), however in PSO-2 the size and scaling of objects actually throws off height depending on where we are. A lot of Japanese Girls average between 4'11 (150cm) and 5'3 (160cm) so naturally many scale to that height. In some nations the average height of a girl is higher..

In short, it has nothing to do with taste and everything to do with what people perceive as basic and usual. I once held a job where one of my coworkers was a 6'4 (193cm) woman who many feared on height-scale alone. I didn't fear her, but was pretty sad. She had to learn how to make clothes and also bought a lot of clothing custom-made because nothing that fit her would look right.

Though I will go to say one thing:

When we play Online RPGs, we get a chance to be any type of character we put together with any type of personality we want for portraying that character. We get to go all the way to the point of abstract, towards really experimenting on things... so when people try to create a character that is "normal" compared to what one could be... it pretty much is a turn-off for me.

TehCubey
Jun 23, 2016, 06:54 PM
I know Japanese women tend to be shorter. But 20-45%* of the game's female characters are below 150cm in height. That's not just being short. That's being either a loli or a dwarf.

*depending on how you read the chart. Does 160 cm mean 160-169, or 151-160? Some clarification would be nice

Nyansan
Jun 23, 2016, 07:09 PM
Probably the former, since the lowest range is the 140's and i dont think the sliders go any lower than that.
Also the 160-170 range is 5'2" - 5'5" when converted (AKA the average female height)

Keilyn
Jun 23, 2016, 08:00 PM
I know Japanese women tend to be shorter. But 20-45%* of the game's female characters are below 150cm in height. That's not just being short. That's being either a loli or a dwarf.

*depending on how you read the chart. Does 160 cm mean 160-169, or 151-160? Some clarification would be nice

Could also be players who wish to play child-versions of characters......
Not all players like fully grown characters, all thanks to all the stories out there that have 8 - 12 year olds as main characters...

NoobSpectre
Jun 23, 2016, 08:14 PM
Well, old thing, but a web mandarin mantra is:"If not big how to gather people loyalties, if no flat how to conquer the world." (makes a lot more sense if you, ah, know mandarin). The point is, cultural preference and difference.

Anyway, if possible would like to see statistic of organics and inorganics for this year, or the racial population statistics.

Zeroem
Jun 23, 2016, 08:25 PM
To be fair, 150 is still average height for some. And some would see 160 as tall. Different countries, different height perception. And to which you compare, of course. If you got women with 180cm+ in your place, 150cm would felt as short.

As for the boobs size department, I would say that 'balance is the best' law also applied on this case (imo). Not too big, but not too small either. That, and my sig below. But of course, people has their own taste and fetishes, so yeah.

TaigaUC
Jun 24, 2016, 04:34 AM
I personally feel that things like height are comparatively relative to those around you.
For example, I don't like being significantly taller than those around me. So I will go for a shorter height.
The game might say you're 143cm or whatever, but if everyone else is also around 140-150, you won't look "short". You'll look "average".
I forget where I read it, but ~160cm is considered the ideal female height. Don't remember if that was Japan only or internationally.

I recently started making my characters a little taller because it's been bugging me that the default head looks so big on the smallest body.
Especially if using the default face and not the anime faces. But you can also adjust the head size now, which is nice.

The PA and Technic stuff was already up 2 days ago.

nguuuquaaa
Jun 24, 2016, 04:55 AM
How is Flash Thousand more popular than BHS? :o

final_attack
Jun 24, 2016, 04:58 AM
How is Flash Thousand more popular than BHS? :o

Easier to use, AoE, better DPP(?)

loafhero
Jun 24, 2016, 06:24 AM
Could also be players who wish to play child-versions of characters......
Not all players like fully grown characters, all thanks to all the stories out there that have 8 - 12 year olds as main characters...

Its just sometimes more entertaining to play as a pipsqeuak especially for me who enjoyed watching the first Dragon Ball, seeing the tiny 12 year old protagonist beating up and scaring big men and monsters.

Shoterxx
Jun 24, 2016, 07:36 AM
In short, it has nothing to do with taste and everything to do with what people perceive as basic and usual. I once held a job where one of my coworkers was a 6'4 (193cm) woman who many feared on height-scale alone. I didn't fear her, but was pretty sad. She had to learn how to make clothes and also bought a lot of clothing custom-made because nothing that fit her would look right.

Clothing might be annoying, but there are worse. Footwear is a nightmare. You'll probably need to get a custom-sized bed frame and matress, which is expensive as hell. Sitting on most auditoriums is painful if it's for more than 10 minutes...

Zyrusticae
Jun 24, 2016, 08:13 AM
Wow, someone's defensive.
Of course I am.

Because insinuating that anyone who finds my body type aesthetically pleasing is "tasteless" is extremely insulting and I would absolutely punch you in the gut if you said that to my face.

This should be a surprise to no one.

FANSean
Jun 24, 2016, 09:51 AM
Of course I am.

Because insinuating that anyone who finds my body type aesthetically pleasing is "tasteless" is extremely insulting and I would absolutely punch you in the gut if you said that to my face.

This should be a surprise to no one.

(pretend there's a wordbubble tail attaching the below image to the above quote)