PDA

View Full Version : Item Item patch not working T_T

sheen20
Jun 27, 2016, 10:05 AM
Hey guys! I just joined the PSO community a few days ago, and I'm currently struggling to get the PSO Tweaker's Item patch working..I checked the "Item patch" box in the plugins section of the tweaker, but all the items are still in Japanese! Also, no matter what I do, it does not seem to save my hotkey configurations for the item patch plugin, so I can't seem to be able to toggle it in game(If it works at all). On the right tab of the tweaker it says Item patch: compatible! so I'm guessing its not a problem with the game patches...

P.S: Actually, my tweaker cannot save any settings at all, for example I always have to recheck the remove logo or remove censor options every time I restart the tweaker...I'm not sure whats the problem here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks everyone!!!

Sirius-91
Jun 27, 2016, 05:37 PM
Hey guys! I just joined the PSO community a few days ago, and I'm currently struggling to get the PSO Tweaker's Item patch working..I checked the "Item patch" box in the plugins section of the tweaker, but all the items are still in Japanese! Also, no matter what I do, it does not seem to save my hotkey configurations for the item patch plugin, so I can't seem to be able to toggle it in game(If it works at all). On the right tab of the tweaker it says Item patch: compatible! so I'm guessing its not a problem with the game patches...

P.S: Actually, my tweaker cannot save any settings at all, for example I always have to recheck the remove logo or remove censor options every time I restart the tweaker...I'm not sure whats the problem here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks everyone!!!

Something is preventing the tweaker from writing to your system, Can be Antivirus, the location where you placed the tweaker, or not having enough permissions to do so.

sheen20
Jun 27, 2016, 10:33 PM
Thanks! I placed the tweaker directly within the game directory, not sure if this is the right thing to do! I'm not sure about having permission or not, not sure how do I check for that, but I'll check the antivirus..

Sirius-91
Jun 27, 2016, 11:12 PM
Thanks! I placed the tweaker directly within the game directory, not sure if this is the right thing to do! I'm not sure about having permission or not, not sure how do I check for that, but I'll check the antivirus..

Don't put it in the same place you installed PSO2. Tweaker seems to work better in its own folder in Documents, sometimes the Desktop and Occasionally in C:/.

doomdragon83
Jun 27, 2016, 11:26 PM
Don't put it in the same place you installed PSO2. Tweaker seems to work better in its own folder in Documents, sometimes the Desktop and Occasionally in C:/.

I used to have the tweaker in its own folder on my desktop but since the recent np1013 problems I faced, I moved the folder from my SSD to my storage HDD. It's worked good so far.

sheen20
Jun 28, 2016, 12:59 AM
I switched locations and now it says "ERROR - The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly." whenever I apply the plugins and click save... I returned it to its original directory but its still like this. I really have no idea now...

sheen20
Jun 28, 2016, 01:06 AM
EDIT: I restarted my computer and now its okay. However the plugin still won't save my hotkey, every time I restart the tweaker the hotkey for the item translation plugin will reset to "please choose a key", not sure if this is normal, as it appears to not translate any items at all.

doomdragon83
Jun 28, 2016, 02:20 AM
I don't know about the hotkey, I never use it. The only other thing I can tell you is the usual:
Make sure there are no other copies of the PSO2 tweaker.exe, make sure you run the PSO2 tweaker as admin and be on the latest version of tweaker (should be 3.0.8.7 as of now).

sheen20
Jun 28, 2016, 04:30 AM
Hmmm, tried doing it, still doesn't work. No items are being translated...ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! This is getting really frustrating...But thanks for the help guys!

sheen20
Jun 30, 2016, 05:52 AM
I just did a COMPLETE reinstall, but it still does not appear to work...Does anyone else experience the same problem? Also the wierd thing is that there is a translation.cfg file saved at my pso_bin folder, but this file is missing on my friends computer, and his item patch works...I wonder why?

subtledemise
Jun 30, 2016, 05:22 PM
How long are you playing before determining that it isn't working?
There is a noticeable delay from when the items are displayed to when they actually get translated. Item names have to be intercepted between the server and client.

sheen20
Jul 1, 2016, 07:28 AM
For several hours, it depends. My friend came after me but his patch works fine o_O. I just tried uninstalling my antivirus software, again, to no avail...o_O O_o o_O O_o I am completely puzzled...