PDA

View Full Version : The Chatroom here is retarted.

ShadowChao
Apr 29, 2003, 10:37 AM
I join thinking to talk to some interesting PSOWers (of which I saw none of the names I see here, big letdown) and am greeted by a set of rules. Typical, I can respect that. But, one of them was "No use of Netspeak, especially 'lol'" Wait, what? No "lol"?
Am I wrong in assuming that almost everyone uses "lol"?
Naturally I disregard the 10th rule, not to question Admins or whatever, due to my apathy, and my first line of text was "No using 'lol'? That's retarted."
Ten seconds later I was kicked.

Moral of the story: The chat here sucks ass. Perhaps it should be run by one of the admins here.

CrashCat
Apr 29, 2003, 10:47 AM
And here I thought this forum was our chat room...

So somebody actually does use that chat page? I figured it was just another neglected website chat room like the majority of the ones you'll find on a page that has a busy forum.

Raist
I don't much like net speak myself, but it does seem over restricted if they're not allowing "lol".

VolOpt2003
hey i know what u mean.! it is hard to not say lol all the time!

Midgets
Good to know! I have thought about using it, but with this kind
of stuff, I'll stick to the boards....thanks!

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Apr 29, 2003, 10:54 AM
teh ops in #psow are morans

VolOpt2003
Apr 29, 2003, 11:10 AM
i was just wonderin are you allowed to say "lol" in these forums.?

MagicPink
Apr 29, 2003, 11:41 AM
So you join a chatroom, refuse to follow the rules, get kicked and it's the CHATROOM that's retarded?

-good to know I guess MP

KodiaX987
Apr 29, 2003, 12:42 PM
MagicPink wins. I mean, God Dammit, can it get any simpler than this?!

LollipopLolita
Apr 29, 2003, 03:03 PM
there's rules everywhere, you know, even in psow. come on, seriously, how easy it is to say this is retarded just because you don't like it.

watch:

you're retarded.

there see?

KodiaX987
Apr 29, 2003, 04:44 PM
Court transcript. Don't do this at home.

Dude: "What happens if I say you're a son of a bitch?"
Judge: "I will charge you on the basis of insult to the court."
Dude: "Okay, then what if I think you are a son of a bitch."
Judge: "I have no juridicial power over what people may think of me..."
Dude: "All right then. I think you are a son of a bitch."

IceBlink
Apr 29, 2003, 05:13 PM
On 2003-04-29 08:37, ShadowChao wrote:
Naturally I disregard the 10th rule, not to question Admins or whatever, due to my apathy, and my first line of text was "No using 'lol'? That's retarted."

Moral of the story: The chat here sucks ass. Perhaps it should be run by one of the admins here.

Nope. Moral of the story is to analyse the rules, and follow them. They're there for a reason. o_o

You disregard a rule. Your VERY FIRST WORDS is basically a backhanded slap in the face to the people who made the rules. And you want to know why you were kicked? o_o

Ness
Apr 29, 2003, 05:45 PM
On 2003-04-29 08:37, ShadowChao wrote:
I join thinking to talk to some interesting PSOWers (of which I saw none of the names I see here, big letdown) and am greeted by a set of rules. Typical, I can respect that. But, one of them was "No use of Netspeak, especially 'lol'" Wait, what? No "lol"?
Am I wrong in assuming that almost everyone uses "lol"?

Oh boo hoo! You got kicked, not banned. Why is it that every who has a chatroom rant gets angry after being kicked. A kick is a warning. You can just get right back on afterwards. So calm down.

umipixie
Apr 29, 2003, 05:57 PM
-_-; And you spelled retarded wrong. If you're going to call someone a retard, at least spell it right. Jeez.

If you had read the FAQ and the j-chat rules, you would know the rule is not actually "no use of lol". It is "no excessive netspeak." Netspeak is ridiculous. It makes us bitter because we are not 12-year old AOL users; neither are we people with the IQs of hamsters. We know how to form coherent sentences, which is more than I can say for most of the people who shorten every word to two letters and some random numbers. Don't knock the rules if you didn't even read them.

Additionally, you were kicked for badmouthing people. If your first words are insults to the channel or its operators, why would you expect to be welcomed there? Furthermore, the channel you were in is on IRC, it's not a "web site chat". It's not even part of this site or connected with this site, which you would know if you had read the rules. The only connection between this web site and the psow channel is that there is a link on this site for you to access the channel. Most users in the channel don't use this site to get on. Please know what you are talking about before you go around talking smack. That goes for all of you who have never even been to the channel and just blindly accept everything people tell you as fact.

"OH NO THIS GUY SAID THE PEOPLE IN THE CHANNEL ARE MEAN! I HAVE NEVER MET EITHER THE GUY OR THE PEOPLE FROM THE CHANNEL, BUT HE MUST BE TELLING THE TRUTH!"

Lesson number one about the internet: Just because it's in writing doesn't mean it's true. Lesson number two, in case you are curious, is: at least 80% of people who tell you they're a girl are actually either male or transgender.

You need to read the FAQ, posted ever-so-appropriately in the "FAQ" section of this web site, before you come to our channel. I'm getting really sick of people acting stupid and then getting mad when they get The Boot.

Guile
Apr 29, 2003, 05:58 PM
He is complaining about the fucking rules..I believe he is allowed to do that

Yes the chatroom sucks, no one ever uses it

umipixie
Apr 29, 2003, 06:08 PM
How can he complain about rules he obviously didn't even read? I believe I pointed out that fact already.

There are 35 users in the channel right now. I'd say that would qualify as the channel being used...

-_-;

ShadowChao
Apr 29, 2003, 06:32 PM
Okay, I posted this for my own behalf, not because I wanted people to back me up. I honestly don't give a fuck WHAT you think. That being said, I did read the rules. I also stated my opinion after said rules were read. I never started going "OMG LOL ROFFLE!!11!one" now did I? No. Besides, I never questioned the reason for being kicked. I was expecting that. I posted this to point out the fact that using acronyms isn't allowed, which IMO (Oh no, another acronym! Translation: In My Opinion, which everyone is entitled to) is retarded*.

*Thanks for pointing out that I misspelled retarded, maddox**.
**Maddox is a guy infamous for attacking people's grammatical errors when he has no valid arguement to offer.

Oh boo hoo! You got kicked, not banned. Why is it that every who has a chatroom rant gets angry after being kicked. A kick is a warning. You can just get right back on afterwards. So calm down.
Gee, Ness, I don't believe I ever got angry. Don't assume, as it makes an ass of you and you alone.

And umipixie, I never badmouthed anyone. I will now, though: You're a dipshit. I said "that's retarted", not "you're retarted." Additionally, using acronyms does NOT make you a "12-year old AOL user". I'll be waiting for you to post something with one in it, just so I can rub it in your face. Besides, I refuse to type out "hahahaha, that's hilarious" when something like "LMAO" or "lol" can sum it up quite nicely. Perhaps it lacks the eloquence you were Nazi-ing for, though.
Yes, I know I'm pointing out your flawed arguements in random order.
Anyway, I wasn't expecting to be welcomed, especially after I chose to say what I did. I wanted to express my view that the rules there were indeed retarded. Nor did I expect anyone to jump to personal conclusions about the chatroom, as again, I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks.
Oh, and by the way (BTW!!1!1one), the rule did indeed say "No use of netspeak, especially lol-" and went on to list a few other common acronyms.

EDIT: Went back and got a better arguement going here, as the replies to this are redicuoulsly assumptive.
Gah, it's not letting me edit the post!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowChao on 2003-04-29 17:41 ]</font>

Orange_Coconut
Apr 29, 2003, 08:15 PM
Now I don't know why you people keep comparing the mods to "Nazi's". That is entirely uncalled for, for heavens sake it's a FRIGGIN CHATROOM.

Why does it make so much of a difference from typing "lol" to "haha".... It really doesn't take much more effort. If it's part of the rules, why argue? The fact that you immediately ignored rule #10 show's that you hadn't even tried to respect their guidelines.

If you can't follow the rules, deal with it. Personal name calling is not going to get you any further in life, and if you had a question about PSO you kinda blew your chances for it to ever be answered.

I hope that maybe they'll accept you once more, they're nothing close to "Nazis", which I must say I am very disappointed to hear such a reference. They expect the people on the channel to follow the rules that they set up, it's not too hard to follow. The reason why you got kicked out was probably not because you asked "No using 'lol'?", But because of the comment after that "That's retarded".

I am sure that if that question was rephrased in a polite manner that it might have actually been given an answer.

Plus, the psow channel is a good source of information for PSO gaming needs. Obviously that's not what they talk about 24/7 because they have lives just like the rest of us. But sometimes you just have to cope.

The first time you visit the channel, it's tough. People don't know you whatsoever. But if you stay on long enough people will get used to you. It's all a matter of patience, being polite, and respecting others.

Kid_Icarus
Apr 29, 2003, 10:32 PM
I'm so sad. Man I've been in there most of the night, and I was never kicked. I'm disappointed.

You may paint them as "Nazi Mods" but they're not even close to that. Maybe like a Wario mod. Kinda evil, but not really.

LollipopLolita
Apr 29, 2003, 11:16 PM
comparing chat room ops to nazis is proof that people should read more.

and isn't it funny how someone can rant about being kicked from the chatroom and then the truth comes out and they've done something wrong? oooops

one word to describe that: retarded?

Kid_Icarus
Apr 29, 2003, 11:23 PM
There's this neat little thing in IRC called Auto-Rejoin. If you enable it, you don't even have to type anything, you'll be automatically put back in the channel.

Why people get thier knickers in a twist over being kicked is beyond me.

LollipopLolita
Apr 29, 2003, 11:25 PM
lots of people just want something to complain about, gives them purpose and meaning!

Kid_Icarus
Apr 29, 2003, 11:28 PM
Know what I just noticed and I'm gonna go WAH about?

I joined before you Lolita.

WAH

LollipopLolita
Apr 29, 2003, 11:33 PM
2nd account. I named the first one after my dog. Then got tired of responding when people called my dog. Why that bitch...

Kid_Icarus
Apr 29, 2003, 11:49 PM
My 2nd account too. First one was deleted.

Zack_Morris
Apr 30, 2003, 12:02 AM
I couldn't agree with Shadowchao more. I'd just avoid the chat if I were you because fighting with morons is impossible unless you're a moron yourself. I couldn't be more annoyed by the admin ass kissers on this forum. Oh yeah, Kodia, if you could do me a favor and take your picture off your banner i'd appreciate it. I haven't been able to sleep for days.

ShadowChao
Apr 30, 2003, 12:08 AM
Lolita, you make no sense.

I complained about the rule, not the enforcement of it. I never complained, or ranted, about being kicked. The truth wasn't masked in any way. I said WHY I was kicked, and accepted that instantly. I'm saying the rule itself is retarded. This is proof that you need to read more.

Anyway, I said umipixie was "nazi-ing" for eloquent grammar, not chatroom modding. If you people can't read, that's your problem, but don't go putting words in my- err, well, text in my textbox.

By the way, Nazis were real. So was slavery and genocide. I'm sorry if that realization offends some of you, but welcome to Earth http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
References will be made.

Kid_Icarus
Apr 30, 2003, 12:10 AM
So because people don't dislike the admins and call them names they're an admin asskisser?

Hm. For someone who seemingly hates this site and the people on it so much you sure do come around a lot.

Time for a hobby. Tried water polo? It's fun. And it's something away from the computer.

Kid_Icarus
Apr 30, 2003, 12:14 AM
On 2003-04-29 22:08, ShadowChao wrote:
By the way, Nazis were real. So was slavery and genocide. I'm sorry if that realization offends some of you, but welcome to Earth http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
References will be made.

The diffence is, that when you make a refrence to someone who liquidated a bunch of people back in the 40's, and you try to link that with people on a computer in a chatroom, is when you make yourself look like a dumbass. People don't die in a chatroom. If umpixie kicks me, I don't die. I rejoin. If I get banned from #psow that's not the end of the world. I'm not going to wake up in heaven (or hell) and then ask what happened and they tell me "You were kicked from a chatroom, and you died".
Welcome to Earth. If you turn off your computer you won't die. And if you don't ever go back to #psow, don't worry, they won't die either.
You don't like #psow, then don't go there. Simple as that.

LollipopLolita
Apr 30, 2003, 12:18 AM
kodiax has every right to put his picture in his sig. i've seen other more disturbing things.

if you don't like how it's run, don't go there, simple? you don't win your argument calling things retarded, calling people retarded, and calling the chat op a dipshit.

comparing chat room ops to nazis is 1. over dramatic and shall I use your words, 2. retarded? it's demeaning what really happened.

really what do you care, you already said you don't care what anyone thinks.

there's rules for everything, don't like it? well welcome to earth.

RuneLateralus
Apr 30, 2003, 12:18 AM
On 2003-04-29 22:10, Kid_Icarus wrote:

Hm. For someone who seemingly hates this site and the people on it so much you sure do come around a lot.

This is PSOW...we are online crack.