PDA

View Full Version : [ask] PSO2 3d rip

rizki29
Jun 30, 2016, 02:27 AM
hi guys i wanna ask something but i dont know where to put this tread, so i want to rip pso2 3d like magatsu and stuff to render in 3d anyone know how ?

Shadowth117
Jun 30, 2016, 03:18 AM
Yes, we have ways of doing this. I don't have the enemies listed, but I've found magatsu's model before. You can rip just about everything in the game bar a few things to be honest. The general list of stuff we've found is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GQwG49iYM1sgJhyAU5AWP-gboemzfIZjBGjTGEZSET4/edit#gid=1375936269

The programs you'll want are in here:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?232836-PSO2-Modding-Tutorial

For most models from this patch you'll use the NIFL tool, so you might need to know how to delete part of a file in a hex editor if you unpack with the repack tool, but otherwise it should be pretty simple to use. Make sure the NIFL tool's file path has NO SPACES or fancy characters in it and that the models you drag onto the OBJ bat are .aqo format. They should also be in the same directory as the tool. When importing the outputted .obj, z-y axis should be swapped and model size should be 100x what's given by default.

As far as textures (which are all in .dds DXT 1 or DXT5), generally the red channel of the _s map is the specular level, the green is various things depending on the model type, the blue is usually self illumination and the alpha is basically always how much of the area's default environment map to apply/where. _n is the normal map, _m is color assignment (usually bluish for usual stuff while red, green and blue for cast parts), and _d is the general diffuse. _t, I don't really know, but that's the jist.

Let me know if you have questions. As far as Magatsu in particular, d83612d1b1a5bda4bd6239cdf50b879b has a magatsu model in it and dc7b2685e0550e7d123e3058eaa9fc6e has a gold magatsu model. en_mono_greatevil_a for the regular and en_mono_greatevil_b should be the names of files relating to him that you'll be interested in.