PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Facebook Group is just awful

CoWorker
Jun 30, 2016, 09:31 PM
Specifically this Facebook group which Aida started
https://www.facebook.com/groups/PSO2ESC/

When I first started PSO2 I often hangout in this group (cuz this forum is kinda strict due to elitism, no offence) so it was pretty chill, forgiving and welcoming to new people since its easily accessible

But over half a year, my team mates left cuz it doesn't feel the same anymore, I stayed and continued to help and teach newbies about the game, showing some vids and linking important/useful stuff from this forum, and crack out a few jokes

But when the starting of the EP4 era it started to get worse... People have Waifu obsessions (like marrying Lisa and have a child or having a public wedding about some girl and NPC Hagito), shitposting on Fighter, constant off topic threads on stupid stuff, hunting pervy NPC pics on the net and posting them on public which is clearly NSFW (can't even view the page on public cuz of this), repeated meme spam and so much more...

While back my friend tried to tell to tone down the meme cuz its covering over 5 pages and newbie questions are completely out, but all he get is basically "screw you, we make the group active, go to reddit/forum instead" and the guy that replied proceeds to talk about character armpit screenshot contest.... not just that other people did the same things calling them out but they just mock people out of the group...

theres even one guy said that:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/4MAGvh1.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

then this idiot showed up...
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/fxwbzvm.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

really... their fandom is utter shit...

Selphea
Jun 30, 2016, 09:42 PM
It balances out I guess. Essentially

PSOW - Salty old veterans
Reddit - 3872364823 newbies asking about builds
4chan - Shitposting about OH and Sophia
Facebook - Waifus and memes

Pick your poison :wacko:

Keilyn
Jun 30, 2016, 09:54 PM
Selphea...
...how could you forget about dear, old 2ch and company? :)

Selphea
Jun 30, 2016, 10:01 PM
If we're going there we might as well bring in the PSO2SEA forums!

Xaeris
Jun 30, 2016, 10:01 PM
PSO2 was a mistake.

CoWorker
Jun 30, 2016, 10:07 PM

its literally just cricket noises live there....

Keilyn
Jun 30, 2016, 10:08 PM

Definitely going there Selphea! ^^
We can also add any of the threads in forums across the US and EU conjuring up flamewars over if this game would ever make it to the west...
We can also add all the gaming sites that ignite the fuel over theories to the effect as well.......

So now our list grows exponentially! ^_^
Why have a single flavor when we can mix them all and make a wonderful salad?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 30, 2016, 10:59 PM
We're salty because we care!

Also, I don't get what people call elitism here. Elitism would be trash talking anyone and everyone that doesn't rank high enough in solo TA speed, PDs, CMs, or whatever. The worst that happens here is chewing out people who think they know more than they actually do, and those people usually expose themselves by just what they say. Not what they have or haven't accomplished.

WoW class forums ~10 years ago is real elitism; your opinions on the state of the game, and your class would be invalidated by someone if the four digit number that was your arena rating wasn't high enough.

CoWorker
Jun 30, 2016, 11:09 PM

Also, I don't get what people call elitism here. Elitism would be trash talking anyone and everyone that doesn't rank high enough in solo TA speed, PDs, CMs, or whatever. The worst that happens here is chewing out people who think they know more than they actually do, and those people usually expose themselves by just what they say. Not what they have or haven't accomplished.

WoW class forums ~10 years ago is real elitism; your opinions on the state of the game, and your class would be invalidated by someone if the four digit number that was your arena rating wasn't high enough.

I recall that was a while back then I started like around un-nerfed XH magatsu era, but don't get me wrong, this forum is more chill than 2 years ago

pkemr4
Jun 30, 2016, 11:27 PM
4chan - Shitposting about OH and Sophia

ayy lmao

SteveCZ
Jun 30, 2016, 11:32 PM
*snip*

I understand how you feel on these social issues, but I'd simply say welcome to the internet, lol.

Anything can happen in the internet in general. If it feels bad/not tolerable for you, you got to get away from it, quickly. Because they are most likely ain't going to stop. It's for your own good man.
If I were you and get annoyed by it, I simply leave that group/forum, I won't and don't need to think twice.

People tend to forget how silly and/or dangerous the internet can be, lol.

Anyway, if I recall this forum ain't likely going to get into those NSFW pervy topics, cause the mods are explicitly strict and clear about those things, you could at least be happy about that.

Kokurokoki
Jun 30, 2016, 11:38 PM
Honestly you can thank Japan for promoting all the pedophile shit that we're dealing with right now. Brings out all sorts of vermin from the depths. Suddenly it's okay to masturbate to little girls because they are 2D.

Also lol at people thinking Dark Souls is a serious game.

CoWorker
Jul 1, 2016, 12:58 AM
sigh... i left after more than a month ago, and it really sucks that you have a good hangout place then it gets thrashed by pre-teens who cant control their own libido
i only checked it a few days back cuz my teammates told us that its screw'd up so badly, and i really need to get off this out of my chest before i dont visit the page ever again...

and yes... the Dark Souls reply is the only thing they can counter to those who isnt "one of them"

Xaelouse
Jul 1, 2016, 01:02 AM
I never trash on anyone here since most of the time it's the game that's at fault

also

4chan - ded

needed to fix that. Probably the most useless place of the bunch

Meteor Weapon
Jul 1, 2016, 03:21 AM
I left the page silently for awhile because I couldn't handle the crap going on. I'm back again and things never change.

gabor100
Jul 1, 2016, 04:00 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/4MAGvh1.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Who is Jose's avatar?

Keilyn
Jul 1, 2016, 04:58 AM

My concern over the word Elite lending to Elitism is which "Elite" are we actually defining.

A long time ago, I remember saying "I hate being elite within academia, there is only so much we can actually take all at once" and the professor turned and said "take my word for it; it never gets better, only worse...." and one such person came to us and said "You shouldn't talk about how high and mighty you are in front of everyone" it sparked a fight...

So I am going to spoiler-box two definitions

Elite as Entitlement
[spoiler-box]An Elite as a Aristocratic-type. Those who are born into money, power, and wealth within ones own class. These people tend to not be extremely smart, and usually focus on their status and entitlement. They expect everything for what they were born into and all the respect that birthright status or special treatment bring. I absolutely hate these individuals the most and the perception that doing something extremely well automatically places a person in their own self-believed delusional world of power and "might makes right" mentality. Unfortunately, when people speak of elitism, it usually falls to this definition. These people fail miserably at reciprocating[/spoiler-box]

Elite as Experience
[spoiler-box]What the professor and I were talking about actually dealt with this definition. People who have been out there and gained real experience. Worked with groups and became good to great in a field. Not the ones who show off about how great they are, but the ones who prefer to keep low and be left alone to their work... because we know if we die, the world losses our knowledge and abilities, as well as our experience. The kind of elite associated with going through hell and knowing what a real scar feels like in the echoes of the mind. That expertise that we know and love, and wish we could see more often, but see only once in a blue moon. The things that surprise the novice, but are so second nature to the elite that they do not impress us. The perception that comes from knowing right from wrong in a given field and truly being able to assess another's skill by the way they talk, move, or act in the actual area....[/spoiler-box]

I remember in the late 90s/early 2000s something that was very common in public ladders in First Person Shooter (FPS) games.

Elitism as Entitlement
[spoiler-box]I remember a person posting a screenshot of obtaining a score of 71 - 14 in one of the shooters I played. He proceeded to make claims about how great he was. I was the one who opened my big mouth and said "Its a good score, but not impressive.... I don't recognize any of those players and none of them are even clan-tagged..." which resulted in a typical flamewar... but the admins were smart enough to know that if your score is too high that its actually time to look for better opponents in the genre. Today a lot of screenshots float across the internet of extreme scores in public servers that its not even funny...[/spoiler-box]

Elitism as Experience
[spoiler-box]My best matches back then, I lost 4 - 7 in a 1v1 map. I took the screenshot and demorec and said "I really shouldn't have been moving with this weapon drawn around the corner" to my opponent. He told me he learned the hard way and asked me if I wanted another match. I said sure, and after another round I lost 8 - 10 as the map was smaller. I was like "thanks.... I am so god damned awful at this map....how can anyone shoot straight here?" and he said "half the time I just plant myself and kill whatever crosses my screen." Finally the third map I won 5 - 2 and I said "it was a fluke that I won....system trouble?" and he said "windows minimized me" and I said "I won't count it" and he said "fuck it, a win is a win." So why was I happy with my losses? I was playing in my worse maps and I asked Fata1ty and R0Ck3tM4N for a match with R0CketM4N observing as a spectator. I needed help from them because it was just a few days before fighting in a scheduled Clan War. Come to think of it, a lot of my best scores in shooters that I deem as great are games where I won by a hair or got my ass kicked in spectacular ways. These were during a time where shooters were my dominant genre and tournaments were my thing.

The extremely sad thing is that I can show a shot to people today and they would not understand why those shots are truly elite and why winning 100 - 1 isn't. All people will see is high numbers and be blinded. From my experience, its hard to fight against one great opponent in a 1v1 map than fighting 10 newbs at the same time in some crammed map. I stopped playing shooters because too many children invaded the genre... and while some of them are very good, the mind of a 12 year old really is the mind of a 12 year old. The limits of mentality are in the genre...thanks to the average age of people who play it.... so I didn't want to be part of that anymore.[/spoiler-box]

I find that every genre is plagued by the population who would not be able to see what elite was if it actually hit them in the face. Even worse is the continuous dumbing down of games in each genre to appeal to the public. What that does is actually shorten the endpoints of intensity. If our standard gaming experience could range from -15 to +15, where -15 would be us getting our asses kicked royally and +15 would be us doing the near-impossible; I feel the genres after dumbing down would drop down to -10 - +10 where -10 is "you lost, but its not big deal" and +10 is "You won, but its no big deal" and I feel this is why games are boring and not as interesting anymore. Some games say "If you get a -10 we are going to boost you so that you won't get a -10 and can get closer to a +10. Example is FF XIV where if your party wipes in some boss fights you get something called the "Echo"effect which boosts the party stats...which stack up to a certain point with each loss....

Then we have PSO-2 where the population fabricates their opinion of what elitism is in a cooperative-game, then turn it into a competitive-game using external effects to transform the game into a zero-sum game through having an arbitrary number that represents the individual perception of average class damage. If a person damages above that number, that person wins (+1), and if that person damages below that number, that person loses (-1)... and the winners then harass the losers in any community tied to the game. Even better is the fact that since everyone would have a different opinion and confusion on what is the expected average....almost everyone is a loser to those who are below the 90th percentile of players who are top damage dealers.

.razor.
Jul 1, 2016, 05:10 AM
> 2016
> facebook

bilun
Jul 1, 2016, 05:52 AM
hahahaha

Caetho
Jul 1, 2016, 06:14 AM
I never trash on anyone here since most of the time it's the game that's at fault

I trash people with my Zanverse DPS. Feels good to be the king.

Zeroem
Jul 1, 2016, 06:22 AM
I trash people with my Zanverse DPS. Feels good to be the king.

Except winning DPS with Zanverse meant nothing, since Zanverse DPS is borrowed from everyone's effort. Not a single individual. To be frank, the only one who's trashed here is you, actually.
........Well, not like you can check it again in near future :wacko:

Back to topic, well, group often went stray from their goal given enough time. Intentional or not. Just something natural in the internet.

CoWorker
Jul 1, 2016, 06:28 AM
I didn't create that group. I'm just an admin who keeps the peace and is tagged for Tweaker issues/general support. It was created by Brian Raxinox Wilson (https://www.facebook.com/raxinox?fref=pb_other). He accidentally left the group about 7 months ago, and I added him back in as he asked, so that may be why it appears that way. But as you can see here (http://aida.moe/puush/GOzt.png), everyone was added by him.

okay, okay, Aida... i get it, but the fact that this doesnt change anything
either way im gonna play some Dark Souls but still being casual about it

Caetho
Jul 1, 2016, 06:29 AM
Except winning DPS with Zanverse meant nothing, since Zanverse DPS is borrowed from everyone's effort. Not a single individual.........Well, not like you can check it again in near future :wacko:

Back to topic, well, group often went stray from their goal given enough time. Intentional or not.

Rest in peace my waifu Parser-chan, Zanverse will have lonely nights without you :-(

TaigaUC
Jul 1, 2016, 06:42 AM
Facebook in a nutshell.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/e1/7f/d2/e17fd20d05dd8b40aa9fc22a9aad7333.jpg

mickbis
Jul 1, 2016, 06:45 AM
The main issues I found really annoying are those not funny,baiting meme.
mindless people just keep on attracted to that shit post. Either got bait or thinking it funny

and another thing I start to feel annoying is certain guy did go overboard with his NPC obsession lately
You can even see his post more than the Lisa loving post