PDA

View Full Version : 4th anniversary gold medals?

sheen20
Jul 2, 2016, 09:22 AM
Hi guys, I was just wondering, is there any other way to get those 4th anniversary(2016) gold medals apart from random drops from the quest "Chaotic Roar of the Dragon"? Also how long will the quest be around? I read somewhere that the quest will be gone by 8th of July, if thats the case I won't be able to collect 200 gold medals before that...o_O thanks

sheen20
Jul 2, 2016, 09:33 AM
Also I seem to be getting more eggs than any other rare drop, this is very annoying. Those unidentified eggs...Are they of any use at all? Should I pick them up?

Altiea
Jul 2, 2016, 09:47 AM
1. You can play the new Super Profound Darkness EQ, which dispenses some Gold Badges. There's also a CO from Xie that dispenses 10 (completable once per character). I believe Bingo card might have some. Best method is LQ, though.

2. If you play Summoner, keep them. If you don't, sell/trash them.

sheen20
Jul 2, 2016, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the reply! I'm getting about 5 gold badges per hour...At this rate...It is going to take at least another 30 hours...Does anyone know of the precise date this quest ends? After it ends will there be any other way of getting the badges? Also does playing on hard mode increase the chances of getting these badges? Thanks !!!

ShinMegamiSensei
Jul 2, 2016, 09:57 AM
The gold badges are intended for XH difficulty for the most part, theyre pretty rare on even SH. I can get about 10+ gold badges per run in XH with a 250% RDR booster.

They've been putting gold badges in every LQ that comes out so the new LQ should have them too. (Jul 5th in japan is the ff14 collab/Odin LQ, I think e.e)

sheen20
Jul 2, 2016, 10:08 AM
Ouch, I see....Thanks... I am only lv36 atm, still a noob o_O I guess I'll stick to hard mode if its better than normal...? Don't know which one is faster, most of the times you can't find anybody who would play the same quest consecutively, not to mention someone who speaks English LOL

ShinMegamiSensei
Jul 2, 2016, 10:15 AM
It's pretty rough on lower difficulties to find others, yes. Once you hit SH+ it becomes easier to find LQ parties going on throughout the day. And yeah, the drops should be better on a higher difficulty, but still not great on H, sadly ;w;

I didn't even know golds could drop on anything below SH, learned something new today!

sheen20
Jul 2, 2016, 10:17 AM
Haha! I didn't know about this whole thing until like yesterday, when I accidentally received a gold medal from normal difficulty...Hmmm, what should I buy if I ever get 200 medals for a RA/BR character? The rifle seems like the best choice atm so I could use weak bullet with BR.. ;)

Altiea
Jul 2, 2016, 10:33 AM
Haha! I didn't know about this whole thing until like yesterday, when I accidentally received a gold medal from normal difficulty...Hmmm, what should I buy if I ever get 200 medals for a RA/BR character? The rifle seems like the best choice atm so I could use weak bullet with BR.. ;)

If going Braver sub, look into Bullet Bow. Powerful ranged option that exploits the fact that Ver. 2 weapons are All Class. Bullet Bows are mostly bossing weapons that have extremely high burst damage with abilities such as Chase/Banish gameplay.

sheen20
Jul 2, 2016, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the advise! Actually I'm alternating these two, so technically both of them are my main, its just I switch them from time to time. I initially thought getting the rifle would be better since I can use weak bullet with BR main which I think inflicts more damage than RA, although a much more dangerious role than RA...Also I do currently have an all class bow at the moment, one I got from a quest, I think its an old type weapon, so it has a very low damage even at 7 stars. I wonder are there any value to old type weapons anymore now? It appears all the NT type weapons are like twice the damage of weapons without NT, is this done on purpose so people would stop using old type weapons?

sheen20
Jul 2, 2016, 11:14 AM
Also, I found an extra 15 gold medals appearing in my inventory for no reason, I wonder does this have something to do with the "Bingo card" puzzle thingy in which you have to collect like 20 pieces of a puzzle that drops randomly? Hmmm...I'm playing on my second character in hopes of getting those 10 medals, also trying to figure out where that extra 15 came from, does anyone know? Thanks!

IchijinKali
Jul 2, 2016, 04:27 PM
Also, I found an extra 15 gold medals appearing in my inventory for no reason, I wonder does this have something to do with the "Bingo card" puzzle thingy in which you have to collect like 20 pieces of a puzzle that drops randomly? Hmmm...I'm playing on my second character in hopes of getting those 10 medals, also trying to figure out where that extra 15 came from, does anyone know? Thanks!

The rewards you get for completing lines on Bingo are shown to you when you view the bingo card under the event tab. Not in game right now so can't say if you got them from bingo but it is possible.

Also don't bother getting those All Class 13* weapons unless you plan to rainbow them, i.e. one for each element. Their pot increases damage if your opponent is weak to that weapon's element. Meaning you won't be doing the best damage possible despite using a 13* unless they are weak to that element. You would be better off getting a 12* Live weapon and using those gold badges for the stones for Orbit weapons or Camos you want.

Despite being a 12* their pot increases Just Attack damage. Keep in mind this is only useful if you are planning to use a bow as a RA/BR instead of a rifle or launcher. If going for rifle/launcher just pick up the Rev and Ray collection sheets. Rev to get a 13* quickly and Ray so you can get a better 13*.

sheen20
Jul 2, 2016, 11:20 PM
Thanks for the information! Although, may I please ask does "rainbow" mean? Also what is a Live weapon? What stones and what do they do? What are Orbit weapons? What are Rev and Ray collection sheets....? O_O sorry for asking so many questions, I'm still relatively new to the game...Thanks!

Altiea
Jul 3, 2016, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the information! Although, may I please ask does "rainbow" mean? Also what is a Live weapon? What stones and what do they do? What are Orbit weapons? What are Rev and Ray collection sheets....? O_O sorry for asking so many questions, I'm still relatively new to the game...Thanks!

A "rainbow" Palette means that you have a Weapon for every element in the game: Fire, Ice, Thunder, Wind, Light, and Dark. Many builds or weapons that require exploiting elemental weakness almost requires it, and since you need to acquire 5 copies of the same weapon in addition to maxing the Element of each Weapon, it's one of the most costly damage bonuses to work for in the game (and why gearing Force is so damn hard).

LIVE is a class of 12* weapons you can acquire via Large Pyroxenes. Good stepping stone if you need a charity 12 in a pinch, although they're kind of a grind to snag. You need to play Advance Quests to get the stones needed to exchange for them.

Orbit is a 13* weapon class you can get from Mining Base Defense: Demise or trade for through Zieg, a crafting NPC in the shop area. They're renowned for their PP recovery potential that greatly accelerates the rate at which you restore PP, but have good ATK as well.

Collect File is a mechanic that launched a month or two ago. It allows you to snag guaranteed weapon drops by slaying enough of select enemies. There are new weapons to go with it, which include...

Revolucio is a class of 13*s that launched with the Collect File system. They have great attack and fair Potentials, and are the first NT 13s that were released. They're a great jumping off point for 13s until you start getting into the really hefty stuff.

Ray is a weapon series that launched last week with the release of The Perennial Apocalypse, or as I like to call it, "Super Profound Darkness". They're solid 13*s with decent ATK stats and a good Potential (10% damage, 5% damage reduction, 10% PP cost reduction) and are rather easy to acquire due to being connected to a relevant Collect File. They are also good 13s for jumping off of.

Speaking of that Ray Collect File, there are some nice 12* weapons you can acquire from Profound Darkness if you're high enough level for it. They're old endgame weapons that used to be top-grade back in the day, so they'll carry you for some time if you can get them.

sheen20
Jul 3, 2016, 12:48 AM
Thank you for the detailed explanation Altiea! "rainbow" sounds very costy indeed, I guess I'll stick to getting the rifle, I won't be rainbowing it since its pretty impossible for a new player like me...I did a rough calculation and it seems an Orbit weapon would require 2000 gold medals, thats almost impossible to get T_T. Anyways, just one more question: What are collect files? Also how good are the 12 star weapons from the Profound Darkness quest? I can only play Hard at the moment, if the weapons from Profound Darkness is better than the 13 star 4th anniversary ones then maybe I'll consider getting the bow or something...Once again thank you very much for your detailed explanation!

sheen20
Jul 3, 2016, 12:52 AM
Also is it possible to turn off notification for dropped eggs? They are SOOOOOO annoying...

CoWorker
Jul 3, 2016, 12:57 AM
Also is it possible to turn off notification for dropped eggs? They are SOOOOOO annoying...
nope... the over abundance of eggs is one of the reason why people hate summoner... so we just have to deal with it

sheen20
Jul 3, 2016, 01:08 AM
Arrrghhh, I see... =/

sheen20
Jul 3, 2016, 01:54 AM
Also, I wonder why do I keep getting kicked from LQ normal quest groups? Do you get better drops when you just play by yourself or are people just trying to be assholes? o_O I don't know of any downsides with having an extra person in the group...Is there any?

Altiea
Jul 3, 2016, 04:17 AM
Ironically, Eggs that are 10* or higher are vanishingly rare, but 7* through 9* are ridiculously common.

Thank you for the detailed explanation Altiea! "rainbow" sounds very costy indeed, I guess I'll stick to getting the rifle, I won't be rainbowing it since its pretty impossible for a new player like me...I did a rough calculation and it seems an Orbit weapon would require 2000 gold medals, thats almost impossible to get T_T. Anyways, just one more question: What are collect files? Also how good are the 12 star weapons from the Profound Darkness quest? I can only play Hard at the moment, if the weapons from Profound Darkness is better than the 13 star 4th anniversary ones then maybe I'll consider getting the bow or something...Once again thank you very much for your detailed explanation!

Collet File can be accessed through Pudding, the NPC to the right of Koffie at the Quest Counter. The way it works is that you have progress bars for different weapons, with a big placard at the top displaying the target weapon. Each progress bar fills when you kill something that can potentially drop it. When a progress bar is at 100%, killing an enemy that can drop it again will cause the attached weapon to drop. This is signified as a white drop that blinks. Completing all the progress bars in a sheet will reward you with the target weapon. You can only have three sheets active at any given time across your entire account, and once a sheet is completed, it must "cool down", rendering it inaccessible for a day or so. This period may be skipped with Star Gems. Sheets also have expiration dates; a sheet will be removed from the available list once it expires. For example, the Tagami Collect Files have been removed, which pertained to the then-current Rainy Day Emergency Quest.

Some of the 12s you get from the Ray Collect Files are actually super good, comparable with low to mid-tier 13s. For example, I use Blitz Fender, available on the Ray T. Machinegun Collect File. Its Hidden Potential gives me +25% critical hit rate and +22% damage to critical hits, which is a +31% increase in damage when combined with Twin Machinegun Mastery and R/Critical Strike Ranged. However, you need a kill of Lv. 71 or higher, which means that you need to be able to play Extra Hard difficulty. At your level, I wouldn't worry too much about gearing up, just get to the relevant levels (50+) first before you start considering your endgame options.

NoobSpectre
Jul 3, 2016, 04:43 AM
Also, I wonder why do I keep getting kicked from LQ normal quest groups? Do you get better drops when you just play by yourself or are people just trying to be assholes? o_O I don't know of any downsides with having an extra person in the group...Is there any?

Unless you are with friends/team members/good ol familiar faces/organized runs, going into LQ or anything is not 3 parties of 4 people, but 12 parties of 1 people in a multi-party area of 12.

People do not generally accept sudden intrusion of other players, and you are unlucky to met those that bother to kick you.

Anyway, its the ironic nature of PSO2 "community", just gonna get used to it.

sheen20
Jul 3, 2016, 05:07 AM
@Altiea: Thanks again for the info! I just recieved a 10 star egg, I searched in the player shops and it seems no one is selling it. I wonder how much is it worth o_O?

@NoobSpectre: I see, it appears only the extremely high level players kick me, those who are similar to my level usually don't kick me. Anyways, if I join a quest with 12 one person parties, will kills made by other players outside of my party but within the same area count towards my client orders? Thanks

CoWorker
Jul 3, 2016, 05:59 AM
@Altiea: Thanks again for the info! I just recieved a 10 star egg, I searched in the player shops and it seems no one is selling it. I wonder how much is it worth o_O?

you cant buy them cuz theyre 10* items, just like high rarity weapons and units, you need 10* passes to even buy them in the market

but since SEGA is lazy, they didnt even implemented 10*+ egg passes... with that you cant do anything to them if your not playing summoner (not even possible to excube/photon sphere them) other than selling them to NPCs...

isCasted
Jul 3, 2016, 06:26 AM
@NoobSpectre: I see, it appears only the extremely high level players kick me, those who are similar to my level usually don't kick me. Anyways, if I join a quest with 12 one person parties, will kills made by other players outside of my party but within the same area count towards my client orders? Thanks

It looks like you were trying to join people who weren't actually doing the quest. People start LQs to open campship, so lobby lag wouldn't interrupt them while trying to start EQ. You were getting kicked because you are not high-level enough to apply for quests they were actually going to run.

Anyway, everything that dies near you (as long as you aren't dead yourself) counts. Even Just Attack Training from Io can be completed by someone else for you (lol).

sheen20
Jul 3, 2016, 07:28 AM
I see, thanks everyone! I have to say the English PSO2 community has been one of the most helpful communities I've ever been a part of!